George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”

+7
theminis
LizzyNY
hathaross
it's me
Carla97
LornaDoone
Nicky80
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  Empty George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”

Post by Nicky80 Thu 08 May 2014, 20:24

This story is rubbish and already denied by Stan (well they said "rep" I assume they meant Stan), so I thought I post it anyway as I thought it is very interesting that Stan is now starting slowly to decline those rumors. Maybe they became too much.....

MAG: George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”

George Clooney is “breaking the bank” for an “over-the-top,” $2 million “wedding of the century,” claims Life & Style, which notes the actor is “sparing no expense” for his “lavish — and we mean lavish! — nuptials” with fiancée Amal Alamuddin at his Lake Como estate.

“It’ll be a three-day extravaganza with the finest wines and delicacies from Italy, boat rides on the lake and fireworks at night,” a so-called “friend of the couple” tells Life & Style.

The magazine estimates Clooney will spend $300,000 on vintage wine and champagne, $45,000 on catering for an “epic feast,” another $100,000 on flowers and decorations, $500,000 on security, plus $10,000 for “his custom Armani tuxedo.”
Of course, that doesn’t add up to $2 million, but Life & Styleclaims the movie star will also “shell out for private jets” for the “biggest names in Hollywood,” and put all the guests up “at five-star resorts.”

The tab further alleges Clooney will give Alamuddin “everything she could possibly want on their wedding day,” with a “source” saying, ”He’s going to spend a king’s ransom to show much he loves her and cherishes her.”

Wow… as in, wow, this all sounds incredibly sensational and made-up.

Gossip Cop checked in with a rep for Clooney, who slammed the story, telling us there’s “not one iota of truth in this in any way, shape or form.”

Surprise, surprise.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  Empty Re: George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”

Post by LornaDoone Thu 08 May 2014, 20:40

Obviously her family can afford to spend whatever THEY want since the family of the bride pays for the wedding...  

But the point really is that Life and Style is a supermarket checkout stand rag mag.  Nuff said.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”  Empty Re: George Clooney Spending $2 Million on “Wedding of the Century”

Post by Carla97 Thu 08 May 2014, 20:45

Are you kidding me, $2 million?!

Why would they have a budget wedding? I don´t believe it. No one does. Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 08 May 2014, 21:04

he is so crazy
it can even be true

the only strange thing is
his (old?) wanting a private privacy
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 08 May 2014, 21:09

He is not old.
I can´t stand people saying that.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 08 May 2014, 21:17

his maybe old behavior
was what I meant
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Thu 08 May 2014, 21:22

Oh that, yes it has changed. O´boy it has changed.
Carla97
Carla97

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Fri 09 May 2014, 00:04

OMG !!! 2 million!! That is a lot.... Not true. First if they want a private celebration they could not do all those stuff on lake and everything.
I think he is aware of what media said about the money he spends, the ring was very expensive and if media start putting an amount to the wedding...... They are people for charity, they have to 'hide' a little part of their fabulous and expensive life.
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 May 2014, 01:48

Considering the estimated cost of the ring, anything is possible. If this comes anywhere near being true I will lose all respect for him because he will prove himself totally pussy-whipped and nothing like the man I have respected for so long!  Razz 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 09 May 2014, 03:06

Um I wouldn't consider him pussy-whipped, most men in love would want to please their bride so although I don't believe that he would spend $2 million I do believe that whatever she desires he would be happy to indulge it to a point.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 May 2014, 03:12

The only costs in that quote that could be close to the truth would be the amount spent on security.

The journalist forgot that the "Italian delicacies" would actually be local (as opposed to imported which makes it expensive in the US) and good food in Italy is relatively affordable. If he were going for fine wines and champagne, that would bump up the cost though.

His tuxedo, as we all know, is given to him by Mr Armani who, I'm sure, will be more than delighted to once again waive the costs of a new suit as a wedding gift to George. I can't imagine the bride having to pay for her dress either, if she's willing to negotiate (but I'm not sure George would be willing to take that route).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 09 May 2014, 03:22

@ Theminis - If he spends that kind of money just to make her happy, then IMO he IS pussy-whipped, and if SHE wants a wedding that expensive - well, what does that say about her?

I know he can afford it, but that kind of conspicuous consumption - over-the-top, in-your-face excess doesn't fit with the image I've had of him all these years - it seems more like something the Kardashians would do.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 09 May 2014, 03:50

Ok am I missing something? Does her culture not practice that the BRIDE's family pays for the wedding?

Why are folks assuming George would pay?

Wasn't it said somewhere here that her family has money? Like George hanging on the family yacht in Dubai? Or am I dreaming all that?

So George wouldn't pay for the wedding. Her family would.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Pita428 Fri 09 May 2014, 05:02

At their ages with successful careers they should be paying for their own wedding.
Pita428
Pita428
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 09 May 2014, 05:54

I honestly can't remember whether it's the bride's or the groom's family that pay for the wedding in the Middle East.

In either case, as Pita says, it's irrelevant. The millionaire will be paying.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 09 May 2014, 15:24

LizzyNY wrote:@ Theminis - If he spends that kind of money just to make her happy, then IMO he IS pussy-whipped, and if SHE wants a wedding that expensive - well, what does that say about her?

I know he can afford it, but that kind of conspicuous consumption - over-the-top, in-your-face excess doesn't fit with the image I've had of him all these years - it seems more like something the Kardashians would do.

If they do have a wedding that over the top (and I doubt it), we will have no way of knowing if she is the one that wanted it that way, he is the one that wanted it that way, or they both did. Unfair to blame her or call him pussy-whipped IMO when we don't know. He picked the ring, which is pretty conspicuous.

And I agree with other posters that at their age they should pay for their own wedding. Tradition of the bride's family paying in sexist and old-fashioned and I hope it is dying out (but probably not).

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 May 2014, 15:51

but right now I can totally see a big huge fat thing

or at the opposite a tiny little strictly private one

boh  I dunno 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Fri 09 May 2014, 16:38

Well what ever way they do it it will be for them
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 09 May 2014, 16:48

yes

but not only
sharing his happiness with family and friends is too important to him
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down