George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

+32
party animal - not!
silly willy
Elo
amaretti
Butterfly
it's me
bamboochacha
ace
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
Picachu
lelacorb
hathaross
Boshkash
justpassinthrough
Rose
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
ktsue2002
Sevens
silly girl
melbert
Missa
Mazy
Pita428
playfuldeb
traone
sparkie
Carla97
annemarie
theminis
Katiedot
36 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:39

I was simply explaining why I used that particular word. She is, as she has shown by her words on the subject, ignorant about body language. She may be a genius about everything else on earth, and a glorious friend, but she is ignorant about body language. My point in using "stupidity" was to emphasize that that was NOT what I was implying.

And I'm done with it. Hope things are clearer.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 Empty Re: George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details

Post by Joanna Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:44

Ummm......wwhs....I'm assuming your list is tongue 
in cheek ? 
Cos professional couples in their financial bracket would employ someone to pick up the Oscar 
and Save Eastern Europe while they concentrated 
on the 6 kids.

Or would it be the other way around ?

CRS these days.    confused
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 30 Apr 2014, 21:45

what would he say wrote: wrote:
G:"You pick up the kids today"    A:"No! you pick up the kids today"
G:"NO! I'm collecting an Oscar"    A:"NO! I'm saving Eastern Europe". 

Oh this is really funny WWHS   Yahooooo
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:11

Lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 Empty Re: George and Amal Engagement in People - EXCLUSIVE! May 12, 2014 Edition

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:27

Joanna wrote:Ummm......wwhs....I'm assuming your list is tongue 
in cheek ? 
Cos professional couples in their financial bracket would employ someone to pick up the Oscar 
and Save Eastern Europe while they concentrated 
on the 6 kids.

Or would it be the other way around ?

CRS these days.    confused

Hollywood kids are raised by nannies.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George Clooney’s engagement ring – exclusive details - Page 3 Empty Re: George and Amal Engagement in People - EXCLUSIVE! May 12, 2014 Edition

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:28

Joanna wrote:Thanks for that info Lorna.

But of course, $250,000 is peanuts to George.
I wouldn't expect him to spend anything less really.

Cheap for someone worth 9 figures.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ace Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:30

I understand George doing a photo op for this. Otherwise they would be both hunted by photographers for the shot and this way all the fans get to see the ring. And it's not at all flashy like you see other celebrities on the front of the magazine selling their engagement or just getting engaged for the money they could make. What I can guess from the first photos of Amal is she is willing to go along with what is required if one was to marry George. She won't be afraid I would think of the red carpet etc. But she won't be taking payment to turn up to events or doing her own interviews in magazines as "George's wife". I'm ignoring the whole their on the same level etc. We all know you don't choose who you fall for. I would not think highly of someone who dates a person just because of what they do. But equally I would not think highly of someone who would not look pass a person's job to see who they are.

ace
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:33

I may be in the minority, but I sort of agree with Lainey.  Knowing that the"leaking" of the engagement was sooo calculated takes a bit of the gloss/ romance out of it for me.  Was Ed Norton a plant at the restaurant?  'Cause obviously someone (preferably another movie star!) needed to walk  up so they could say "we're engaged!"  Makes me a little sad that these big personal events in his life--and now hers-- are so stage managed.  There are those that will argue that it is necessary for him, but I don't buy it.  He wants to be on the cover of People or he wouldn't have arranged it.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by justpassinthrough Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:36

playfuldeb wrote:I like Laieny. She tells it like it is. She doesnt sugar-coat. Yes, her words can be a little profane at times, but I dont think she is ignorant. But then she's also a friend of mine.

fava wrote:I may be in the minority, but I sort of agree with Lainey.  Knowing that the"leaking" of the engagement was sooo calculated takes a bit of the gloss/ romance out of it for me.  Was Ed Norton a plant at the restaurant?  'Cause obviously someone (preferably another movie star!) needed to walk  up so they could say "we're engaged!"  Makes me a little sad that these big personal events in his life--and now hers-- are so stage managed.  There are those that will argue that it is necessary for him, but I don't buy it.  He wants to be on the cover of People or he wouldn't have arranged it.

Lainey made complete sense. Far too calculated to be romantic.

justpassinthrough
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:38

Do you not think he's controlling things for her?

He's a private person who happens to be very famous, but has probably given the fee for this to the highest bidder, and now he's with someone who's going along with this for him, but her own life is not like this at all.

As the edition of the magazine is May 12th, I presume there are more pix to come and this is an advanced story

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:41

WWHS - That list is really funny - and a little scary! Pro/con #3 could really both be true and George's ego could really take a beating. I don't think he'd like the spotlight on her instead of him when they're in his world. Maybe at first - as in "Look what I've got", but not for long.

To everyone who is so upset that this might be (probably was) a set up photo-op, why are you so surprised? He is, after all, in SHOW business. Publicity is his bread and butter.

PS- Why is everyone so cranky today?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by ace Wed 30 Apr 2014, 22:41

I will admit fava I was surprised by Ed Norton. Didn't know George knew him very well that he would go "oh I'm engaged". I was also surprised that they just got engaged only just last week and a week later it's everywhere as George's crew can keep some things secret. But hell if I was engaged to him, I'd want every body to know. And the engagement story pretty much burried the Steve Wynn thing so it's a win win I suppose?

ace
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 30 Apr 2014, 23:09

Ed Norton is doing pretty amazing things to help the Maasai and other Tanzanian causes as well as Crowdrise, and that's where they were - could be an Amal connection too.......I have a feeling those red beads were locally made

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 30 Apr 2014, 23:58

Missa wrote:Okay, so he proposed in London on April 22nd, which was Tuesday, and they were first seen out celebrating with friends In LA on Wednesday night?

Seriously, how cute is it that he's so excited he couldn't wait to tell people.  That's adorable.

Of course the pictures are staged.  Now they won't be stalked and harassed for that first photo, and the money they made for selling it will go, I imagine, to the Satellite Sentinel, rather than into some sleazy paparazzi's pocket.  And they look GORGEOUS; no chance of being caught on a bad hair/skin/shoe day.  Win all around, I say.

Ah isn't that sweet, he picked Earth Day to propose to her!  :-)

Deja vu - that's what I said!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 00:03

I think he is controlling things because he wants things done in a way that is good for them. Why shouldn't he control it this is their life not anybody else's. We wanted pictures and info and he and amal gave it too us. What more can you ask for . I don't think we will get anything too personal from this article just little tidbits.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 03:27

Is it just me or does that posed photo of George and Amal at dinner make him look exactly like that Madam Tussaud's wax mannequin?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 03:35

I read somewhere that People issue with the whole story will be out on Friday!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 03:37

Yes it comes out on Friday . And that picture does look like the mannequin lol.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 01 May 2014, 03:38

Katiedot wrote:Is it just me or does that posed photo of George and Amal at dinner make him look exactly like that Madam Tussaud's wax mannequin?

LOL, it really does!

At first glance I thought it looked like an ad for whatever brand of champagne is in that glass he's holding. Maybe they could just Photoshop some Casamigos into that picture and get double their money out of it. Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Thu 01 May 2014, 03:48

LornaDoone wrote:I just looked up in Google how much a 7 carat yellow diamond would cost.  I fell out of my seat - $250,000

That's a HOUSE!!!!

Oh well, I guess if George is going to finally get married he'd best do it right!  

I wonder if when they were celebrating Rande Gerber's party that night they said, hey lets go ahead and take some pictures and make it real, but no official announcement.

FOR HEAVENS SAKE GEORGE, what is with you these days???
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 01 May 2014, 03:53

Those pictures were taken by a professional photographer, most likely someone directly employed by People.  I really don't think this was a last minute, "Hey Rande, grab your iphone and take a few shots" kind of situation.This is not a new move for Georgie - remember the first pictures of him and Stacy together at that outdoor bar, with him resting his head on his arms on the bar and her cheesing it up next to him? Posed, professional photos.  This is how he rolls.

Last edited by Missa on Thu 01 May 2014, 04:08; edited 1 time in total
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 04:04

Yep, agreed these are probably professional photos and yep, the first thing that came to my mind was the first ever pics of George and Stacy.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 04:08

Yes it is obviously professional photography they are basically their announcement of the engagement no harm in that to me. I for one am quite happy with the pictures and the people article they didn't have to put anything out heck a lot of celebs don't say anything.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 04:09

playfuldeb wrote: I keep going back to that letter from the Arab guy. Maybe now that George is becoming "Arab" and the wealth is a "must-do" to show prestige, this ring would be small by their standards?
Nope, a ring this size is a big deal for anyone.

playfuldeb wrote: I think it is over-the-top hugely unnecessary. A smaller similar cut would have spoken the same words/feelings. But that's jmo.
Same here. This is all for show.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 04:11

Gees I was off by one carat - I told someone it would be Emerald Cut and around 8 carats - I got the colour wrong too, thought he'd stick with traditional white. Its not as vulgar as I was thinking, on her finger looks really nice but yes this is a HELLLO HELLLOO Im Engaged, just in case someone misses the light bouncing off it everywhere she goes!.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 04:17

Why couldn't George just have given her a ring that he knew she would like. Not every woman wants a small diamond some like big stones.There's nothing wrong with that. She obviously likes it because she is wearing it. I think it looks good on her finger it's no Kardashian rock that's for sure.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 04:20

Ok, this is the Madam Tussaud's wax mannequin:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And this is George in real life - even wearing the same suit!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 04:26

He actually looks better than the mannequin.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 04:35

OMG can't believe Im laughing at George but I actually am - that's way too funny
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 01 May 2014, 04:38

He has obviously given her a ring she likes and that's the way it should be, Im just saying that its not my personal style - and as I said elsewhere on here it does look nice on her finger, but to me its just so so
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 04:45

Yep, same here. She or he (or both of them) like the massive show-off ring that screams "I've got a lot of money" and as long as they're both happy, then that's fine.

As theminis says, it's not my taste either, but that's my problem not theirs.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 01 May 2014, 04:46

I'd like the ring better if it was on MY finger! brahahahaha! Hell, a LOT better!!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Thu 01 May 2014, 04:59

I don't like it. Too big for me. George you wouldn't have to spend that kind of money on me.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 05:03

I don't think it's too big...feels just right in size on that long, slim finger.
If it was on my short finger then it would appear too big
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by bamboochacha Thu 01 May 2014, 05:37

7 - that's piddly.  c'mon.
bamboochacha
bamboochacha
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 05:47

Hope nobody's too confused but I've merged the threads about the engagement ring and the People Magazine article because they're both talking about the same thing really.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 05:56

fava wrote:I may be in the minority, but I sort of agree with Lainey.  Knowing that the"leaking" of the engagement was sooo calculated takes a bit of the gloss/ romance out of it for me.  Was Ed Norton a plant at the restaurant?  'Cause obviously someone (preferably another movie star!) needed to walk  up so they could say "we're engaged!"  Makes me a little sad that these big personal events in his life--and now hers-- are so stage managed.  There are those that will argue that it is necessary for him, but I don't buy it.  He wants to be on the cover of People or he wouldn't have arranged it.
I don't mind the 'leaking' of the story because there's no way the news could not get out eventually and this way they avoid the media three ring circus.

What I think is poor form is pretending the photos are anything other than staged. We're not that stupid. I wouldn't mind - and I suspect most of us would feel the same - if George and Amal had posed for engagement photos at the restaurant, because, why not? It's the pretending that the posed photos are snatched paparazzi shots that sticks in the gorge for me.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 01 May 2014, 07:32

LornaDoone wrote:I'd like the ring better if it was on MY finger!  brahahahaha!  Hell, a LOT better!!

lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 01 May 2014, 08:02

I must have missed something.
Is it mentioned in the magazine that these are 
"snatched paparazzi" shots ? 

When I saw it I could tell it was a photo opportunity and remembered Nick Clooney saying they'd be making their own announcement. 
Surely this was just that. 

Or as I said, have I missed something ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 08:09

We'll know more when the rest of the photos are released on Friday, but it's implicit in the article that these aren't official, posed photos - otherwise the magazine would have been crowing to the roof about it - and there's certainly no announcement, just a bunch of 'sources'.

The set up of the one picture we have is to make it look as though it was a picture taken without their knowing during their dinner. I think they're supposed to look like they're laughing/listening to something another diner is saying.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 10:12

Katiedot wrote:Ok, this is the Madam Tussaud's wax mannequin:

And this is George in real life - even wearing the same suit!
And just for amusement value (and by special request!), here's the first-ever 'leaked' photo of George and Stacy:
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 01 May 2014, 10:27

Clever PR going to People on the engagement story.Long lead times means they're feeding us little bits at a time in the hope of some peace!(again)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 10:59

CLOONEY'S $750,000 DIAMOND RING FOR FIANCEE
Jewelry expert Jean Dousset weighs in on the pricey engagement sparkler George gave ladylove Amal Alamuddin. Check out some replicas!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So the ring isn't yellow...and it's worth around $750,00010 out of 10 

Last edited by Sevens on Thu 01 May 2014, 12:18; edited 1 time in total
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 11:06

I don't get the problem we aren't stupid George isn't stupid. We can all see the People pictures were arranged. They didn't want to give a statement or formal pictures so they did these.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 01 May 2014, 11:08

I didn't think it was yellow just the photo made it look yellow.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 01 May 2014, 11:08

Three-quarters of a million on a ring?! That's about one month's running costs for his satellite, isn't it?  I guess we can look forward to new Nespresso commercials any day soon.  Ugh.

Anyway, clearly I'm getting way too cynical for this whole thing so logging off and getting on with my real life before I drag everyone else down with my negativity.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 12:19

GEORGE CLOONEY'S 7-CARAT ENGAGEMENT RING
Get new details on Clooney's proposal to Amal Alamuddin--from the stunning ring to when he met her parents!
This video is even talking about having kids. And the wedding could happen around September.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Thu 01 May 2014, 13:25

Visit NBCNews.com for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney rings in with a 7-carat diamond for fiancee Amal Alamuddin
Randee Dawn TODAY contributor
George Clooney found the right woman in Amal Alamuddin, so the two-time Oscar winner made sure she got the right engagement ring — and it is stone-cold gorgeous!

As pictured and reported in People magazine's newest issue, the ring is an emerald-cut diamond that Clooney himself helped design, and is estimated to be bigger than 7 carats. As People's assistant managing editor Kate Coyne noted on TODAY Wednesday, "(It's) probably not ... a surprise that when he went and did it, he did it big."

In the article, the ring is described as being in a platinum setting, with the large diamond set off by two smaller, tapered baguettes, which were "completely ethically sourced," said Coyne.

An exact date for the nuptials is not yet known, she added, explaining that one source inside Alamuddin's family speculated it could happen as soon as September, but a source inside Clooney's camp said there was "no rush," said Coyne.

"This was a huge step for him to propose, something of a whirlwind courtship," said Coyne. "So we ... could be waiting a while."

Clooney, 52, proposed to the British lawyer, 36, on April 22. Alamuddin was seen wearing the ring in public not long after that. The pair was first spotted together last October, dining out in London. According to People's article, Clooney met Alamuddin's family in Dubai and spent two days on a yachting excursion with her sister and half-brothers.

Alamuddin was born in Beirut and studied at both Oxford and New York University, focusing on international law and human rights. And that, noted Coyne, means Clooney has decided to pair with a partner who is on an equal footing with him — successful in her own right, and with a life separate from the glitz of Hollywood.

"This is not somebody who is going to be sitting around waiting for red carpet season," said Coyne.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Boshkash Thu 01 May 2014, 13:30

Off the topic, but where is It's Me??

Boshkash
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 01 May 2014, 13:33

here
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next