George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyToday at 14:00 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention

+3
Sevens
NewFanForever
Katiedot
7 posters

Go down

How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention Empty How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention

Post by Katiedot Mon 31 Mar 2014, 09:41

Interesting read, although I guess this is a lot of speculation dressed up as fact. Found by Henway:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Gossip: Alleged cheats and pregnant exes

MICHAEL DALY

Gwyneth Paltrow is privately in hell after the end of her marriage to Chris Martin, with speculation the split was due to a string of alleged affairs, or so the gossip magazines say.

Last week's announcement of the high-profile split had the mags scrambling to explain why the couple, who have two children, are going their separate ways.

"She [Paltrow] desperately wants the world to think that she's totally zen about all this, but the truth is Gwyneth is an emotional wreck right now," Woman's Day quoted a friend saying. "She feels incredibly guilty about the children and how this is going to affect them, and she feels really let down by Chris."

Sources said actress Paltrow, 41, had spent hours on the phone sobbing to family and friends about how tense things were and how painful it was being together for the sake of the children. But a source also said Martin, the 37-year-old Coldplay frontman, hated Paltrow's efforts to turn him into someone more like her, with her preference for a strict macrobiotic diet.

"He wasn't this non-smoking vegan yogi, but she tried very hard to transform him into what she wanted him to be," the source said. "She was extremely controlling, but he rebelled, especially around what he thought were absurd diet and exercise restrictions, and began staying later and later in the studio and on the road."

New Idea said that despite a statement from Paltrow and Martin late last week that the split was an amicable "conscious uncoupling", speculation was growing that it had more to do with allegations of affairs. Paltrow had vehemently denied being involved with the parade of men she had been linked to in the gossip columns.

For Martin the most painful of those reports had been of Paltrow's close friendship with Prince Nikolaos of Greece, and a reported fixation with Spain's Crown Prince Felipe. "Gwyneth was besotted with the idea of being the next Grace of Monaco," a member of her inner circle said.

Others hit hard by the stress of divorce include Russell Crowe.

The almost 50-year-old New Zealand-born actor told how he had a mental and physical breakdown after being submerged in water in near-freezing temperatures during filming in Iceland for the movie Noah, New Idea reported.

"I was lying on these stones and I couldn't get up," Crowe had told British magazine Event. "I couldn't stop shaking. I couldn't stop crying. Seven or eight people put blankets on me and sat on me until I stopped."

Crowe admitted he was in a "dark" place having just split from wife of nine years Danielle Spencer. "This happened just a few weeks after Danielle told me that she didn't want to be married anymore and insisted that we sit in front of our children and tell them."

Crowe and Spencer, who have two sons, announced their split in October 2012.

Then there's the distress of the partner who was left behind, when the other partner gets some good news. Demi Moore, 51, apparently became distraught and hysterical when she learned ex-husband Ashton Kutcher and 30-year-old fiancee Mila Kunis, were expecting a baby.

A source close to Moore revealed the actress was so distressed she planned to flee to her favourite yoga retreat in Mexico, and was in meetings with Kabbalah chiefs to ensure she did not go back on the drugs that reportedly landed her in hospital in 2012, Woman's Day said.

"Ashton called and told her, and she's had a team of people with her around the clock since," an insider said.

Moore and Kutcher, 36, had talked nonstop about having a baby and tried for at least two years before doctors said it was impossible. "That always haunted Demi - she thought Ashton left her because he wanted a baby and she couldn't have one," the insider said.

The baby news has also had an impact on Kunis' ex-boyfriend Macauley Culkin, 33, who pushed forward the date of his wedding to actress Jordan Lane Price - who looks strikingly similar to Kunis - so he could beat his former flame down the aisle.

Even smooth old George Clooney, Hollywood's 52-year-old perpetual bachelor, has been affected by news an ex-girlfriend is pregnant.

Clooney dated former pro-wrestler Stacy Keibler for two years before they parted eight months ago.
A fortnight ago Keibler married old friend, businessman Jared Pobre, and last week she announced she was pregnant.

"He may act all tough but there's zero doubt that George is hurt by how quickly Stacy moved on," New Idea reported a friend saying.

"This was a serious love affair and his ego must be crushed that she's run off and got pregnant right away with the first guy she dated."

The pregnancy had Clooney re-evaluating his priorities, particularly the future of his relationship to London-based barrister Amal Alamuddin, 36.

"He's been telling pals he's found the perfect woman - someone that he can see himself settling down with," an insider said.

"His folks would love another grandkid - his sister has two kids. They want to see him settled down and starting a family."

And how about those Kardashians . . .

Rumour had it a sex tape was in circulation starring 58-year-old matriarch Kris and a mystery man, New Idea reported.

An insider noted: "Even if she didn't intend for it to be made public, the moment it got out there you can guarantee Kris would want a big share of the money."

Closer to home, New Zealand Woman's Weekly reports on former Miss Universe Lorraine Downes' decision to remove her long locks.

Downes, 49, who runs an image consultancy business, took about a year to decide to have the cut.

"I did have to think hard about it," she said. "I was getting rid of what has been a big part of my image for many years. But I felt strongly that I had got to the stage where it was the right time in my life to make such a big change."

That was not because she thought women should avoid having long hair beyond a certain age.

"For me, it was more because I feel like I'm starting a new phase of my life, and not just because of my age," she said. That change includes the departure of the younger of the two children she had with former husband ex-All Black Murray Mexted. Jasmine, 16, a talented dancer, has taken up a scholarship at a performing arts school in Melbourne.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention Empty Re: How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention

Post by NewFanForever Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:04

Thanks Katiedot for this article...a lot of sadness going on.

Last edited by NewFanForever on Mon 31 Mar 2014, 13:19; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention Empty Re: How the stars cope (or don't) with breakups - George Clooney mention

Post by Sevens Mon 31 Mar 2014, 10:50

I'd love to see George being a good father!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 31 Mar 2014, 13:16

Okay as soon as I saw this in the post by Katiedot New Idea reported a friend saying I stopped reading. New Idea are an Aussie mag (probably sub of a US one) who have been sued by just about any celebrity that matters for their alleged erroneous reporting and lack of real "sources".
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 31 Mar 2014, 13:41

Here's what cracked me up - they're talking about relationships biting the dust and then the finish with some gal lamenting the fact that she had to cut her hair.

I'm like WTF?  Cutting your hair is supposed to be as traumatic as having to tell your kids your marriage has fallen apart and you're breaking up?

As to George - when the said, his parents  "want to see him settled and having a family" that's when I realized whomever was writing this had upped the bullshit quotient to a higher level.

As to the Goopster - now her stuff I believe based on a LOT of other stuff I'd read about her.  And I could actually see her trying to "change" a man to her um, standards.  Her attitude of "I know what's best not only for me but for everyone else" has come across in too many interviews.

Her blog about eating and what to buy is so out of touch with reality that it's laughable.

Hey folks, eat organically and also buy this $500 bag that I'm probably getting a hefty commission on for promoting it on my blog...

Gag me!

As to Demi and Ashton - IF it's true about him wanting a child with Demi - I wonder why they didn't try for a surrogate?  Ashton sounds like it was all about him - Demi looked like she did a lot to stay younger looking FOR him.  Maybe her insecurity also played a role - but I get the feeling he's a self absorbed asshole who thought it would be fun to hook up with an older woman and then the reality of what he might have wanted regarding a family sunk in.  Demi's past drug use was pretty well documented.  I'm not surprised she cracked under the strain of trying to keep a younger man who had lost interest.

Russell Crow?  One has to wonder what would make his wife want to end the marriage.  Could it have been infidelity?  Could it have been months without him around whilst he was filming?  Could it have been him wanting his cake and eating it too?  

Marriage takes work - and the more I read about some of these guys - the more I feel they want something that they're not willing to work for. Also, I think that this "give them anything they want" mentality in Hollywood breeds people who have an expectation that their whims will also be catered to without question in their home.

The reality of marriage is that the people they marry expect a partnership and these "stars" who fail perhaps expect an extension of the "I get what I want at work I expect the same at home" may not seem to understand that type of attitude could easily spur their partner to say, "Enough" and want out of the marriage.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 31 Mar 2014, 13:46

Well said Lorna, I think you really have to know what you expect out of marriage before you enter into it and hopefully your partner knows what you expect, that would solve a lot of problems. Celebrities I think do it so badly because they are privileged in so many ways and maybe some have that sense of entitlement and don't switch off when they walk in the door. It can be successful, there are many successful (if you measure success by duration of marriage) in Hollywood, but I think in some of the cases I can think of, usually one partner is significantly less in the foreground. I don't know just my guess.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 31 Mar 2014, 14:02

I agree with you theminis.  Not only is the partner less in the foreground I think too many have to turn a blind eye to the inevitable temptations of their partner's lifestyle.

But then again, there are marriages that work really well.

One that comes to mind is Pam Dawber and Mark Harmon.  But then again, she did give up her career at least that's the impression I've gotten since I haven't seen her in anything in ages.  Luckily for them both he's been in a stable show for many years which allows him to be home most evenings (even if a bit late).

And then some that you "think" are doing well - perhaps it's because of one partner turning that blind eye to the shenanigans of their spouse.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 31 Mar 2014, 14:12

Ooh I have loved Mark Harmon since way back when, his wife too, they have had their share of family dramas but are still together- they always looked really solid to me, and again yes she gave up acting but apparently is a singer (think Im right) so she still does bits and pieces in that respect.

I don't get the turning a blind eye part as that's not who I am, but I do know other women who just live and let live, not me Im afraid.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 31 Mar 2014, 23:25

What I find odd in this article and all other article that it is always the same written. She is the one, he wants marriage and finally he found someone who he can have a conversation with. I wonder who is so persistent to repeat it over and over again in so many newspapers. Or maybe is it just me who reads the same thing out of it? Or the papers just have fun to copy each other. .......I guess it is time for bed for me
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 01 Apr 2014, 00:20

Nicky80 wrote:What I find odd in this article and all other article that it is always the same written. She is the one, he wants marriage and finally he found someone who he can have a conversation with. I wonder who is so persistent to repeat it over and over again in so many newspapers. Or maybe is it just me who reads the same thing out of it? Or the papers just have fun to copy each other. .......I guess it is time for bed for me

You could see that with the movie reviews also. Someone writes something and the rest jump on it and it goes viral and than it is believed to be fact; look how many have the same story. If some of these gossips had to go out and get a real story they wouldn't make it.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down