George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

+5
silly girl
LornaDoone
Katiedot
Nicky80
Mazy
9 posters

Go down

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill Empty Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

Post by Mazy Fri 28 Mar 2014, 03:54

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

March 25, 2014
Posted by: Sean Gardner

Yes, I know, I know. George Clooney poured cold water on the prospect of seeing him tweet. And he sounded pretty serious about it. I understand some of the concerns, and the potential damage to a celebrity when postings go terribly wrong. So nudging him towards Twitter would seem pointless right? Not exactly.

Clooney is not just any celebrity. Stylish and urbane with a classic throwback look of early Hollywood, he is a certified superstar. He transcends the movie industry with a sort of rarified air reserved to only a few actors, male and female. I am most impressed with his work as a United Nations Ambassador, and with his ongoing efforts to keep the genocide in Darfur and the extreme famine in Central Africa in the news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Actor George Clooney, with President Obama. Photo Credit: AskMen.com
He is a true statesman who, like his buddy Matt Damon, believes in using the full equity of his celebrity to draw attention to an issue. This is why I would love to see him utilizing social media. With respect to Twitter, Clooney could use the Leo DiCaprio model, posting about his professional work, but mostly giving space to his civic passions. He could even do what Forrest Whitaker, Mia Farrow and Pharrell do with their accounts. This would seem feasible to the average observer, but something tells me he probably would not want to mimic another entertainer. And that is totally understandable.

What I am interested in doing here is presenting something Clooney can look at and say, "ok, I can see myself doing that."

So, here we go: once every two months he could post about a charity or cause he’s involved with, or, one he would like the public to get behind, making it a purely philanthropic account.
This would be his own distinctive brand or "Twitter print", and it would be an instant hit. His publicist could build it up (with the help of online partners), always offering clues but no real specifics as to what his next tweet will support. And no, it wouldn't give him star power, something he doesn't need. If anything, it would give him social bonafides, and a priceless opportunity to connect with new media publications in the area of giving back and making a difference.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In fact, his bi-monthly tweet can coincide with a short YouTube video he could narrate, a post on the LinkedIn blog, a contest on Facebook to take advantage of its mobile reach, a Google Plus Hangout he can turn over to one of his favorite nonprofits, and, great use of both Pinterest and Instagram to frame awesome images like this one to above, courtesy of AfricanSuccess.org.

If done right, this kind of social media blitz - every two months or, perhaps, three months - could over time be the equivalent of Warren Buffett’s quarterly earnings reports, or, the annual insights by Bill and Melinda Gates on education. In other words, its a date you would greatly look forward to. Not just an event, but a grand experience.

Remember the extremely popular advertising campaign from last century, “When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen”? By jumping into the social space, George Clooney could generate some conversation of his own. Think of it: “When Clooney tweets, he elevates our consciousness about an issue, inspires legions of fans across generations to make a donation, and consistently redefines and reshapes the contours of the 21 century, celebrity philanthropist.”

Even if these aren't the exact words one ends up using, you get my point. Clooney has serious standing on social good matters to get people talking, engaged, and actionable. As a United Nations Ambassador, there's even a role he can play in supporting the global phenomenon Giving Tuesday, something the United Nations Foundation fully supports. An exciting and empowering possibility, to be sure.

Here’s hoping he reconsiders, and begins to see how the power of social media - connected to the causes he's passionate about - can produce tremendous results. This is truly a win-win scenario. If anyone has George Clooney's contact info, tell him to give me a call. Let's do this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill Empty Re: Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

Post by Nicky80 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 08:20

Thanks Mazy, I moved it here as it is not a direct interview with George.

Interesting article. I wonder if George ever thought about it to use social media for is humanitarian work.....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill Empty Re: Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

Post by Katiedot Fri 28 Mar 2014, 11:15

I think he's still not very knowledgable about social media. I think he's seen it used badly and isn't really aware of the good stuff that can come out of it.

I'd be willing to teach him!!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 28 Mar 2014, 21:10

Katiedot wrote:I think he's still not very knowledgable about social media.  I think he's seen it used badly and isn't really aware of the good stuff that can come out of it.

I'd be willing to teach him!!

Ah that's nice Katie how you're volunteering to take one for the team! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Fri 28 Mar 2014, 21:22

I agree he doesn't really get the impact social media has....maybe you should volunteer Katie! Wink

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Fri 28 Mar 2014, 22:30

I don't think he can type.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 28 Mar 2014, 22:36

Prefers writing letters............

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Mar 2014, 00:48

he's a huntin' pecker!!

"hunt and peck" typist.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 29 Mar 2014, 03:05

Not typing is not a big problem (Mel's huntin' pecker is fine) or have someone else do the actual posting. Anything that I'm interested/concern about I tweet or retweet. By the feed back you know that it is getting noticed. Even if they just tell me to go ...
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill Empty How Social Media Can Compliment George Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill

Post by silly girl Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:08

Great article about GC can actually use Social Media effectively if he so chooses:

How Social Media Can Compliment George Clooney's Passion For Global Goodwill
by Sean Gardner

Yes, I know, I know. George Clooney poured cold water on the prospect of seeing him tweet. And he sounded pretty serious about it. I understand some of the concerns, and the potential damage to a celebrity when postings go terribly wrong. So nudging him towards Twitter would seem pointless right? Not exactly.

Clooney is not just any celebrity. Stylish and urbane with a classic throwback look of early Hollywood, he is a certified superstar. He transcends the movie industry with a sort of rarified air reserved to only a few actors, male and female. I am most impressed with his work as a United Nations Ambassador, and with his ongoing efforts to keep the genocide in Darfur and the extreme famine in Central Africa in the news.

He is a true statesman who, like his buddy Matt Damon, believes in using the full equity of his celebrity to draw attention to an issue. This is why I would love to see him utilizing social media. With respect to Twitter, Clooney could use the Leo DiCaprio model, posting about his professional work, but mostly giving space to his civic passions. He could even do what Forrest Whitaker, Mia Farrow and Pharrell do with their accounts. This would seem feasible to the average observer, but something tells me he probably would not want to mimic another entertainer. And that is totally understandable.

What I am interested in doing here is presenting something Clooney can look at and say, "ok, I can see myself doing that." So, here we go: once every two months he could post about a charity or cause he’s involved with, or, one he would like the public to get behind, making it a purely philanthropic account.

This would be his own distinctive brand or "Twitter print", and it would be an instant hit. His publicist could build it up (with the help of online partners), always offering clues but no real specifics as to what his next tweet will support. And no, it wouldn't give him star power, something he doesn't need. If anything, it would give him social bonafides, and a priceless opportunity to connect with new media publications in the area of giving back and making a difference.

In fact, his bi-monthly tweet can coincide with a short YouTube video he could narrate, a post on the LinkedIn blog, a contest on Facebook to take advantage of its mobile reach, a Google Plus Hangout he can turn over to one of his favorite nonprofits, and, great use of both Pinterest and Instagram to frame awesome images like this one to the left, courtesy of AfricanSuccess.org.

If done right, this kind of social media blitz - every two months or, perhaps, three months - could over time be the equivalent of Warren Buffett’s quarterly earnings reports, or, the annual insights by Bill and Melinda Gates on education. In other words, its a date you would greatly look forward to. Not just an event, but a grand experience.

Remember the extremely popular advertising campaign from last century, “When E. F. Hutton talks, people listen”? By jumping into the social space, George Clooney could generate some conversation of his own. Think of it: “When Clooney tweets, he elevates our consciousness about an issue, inspires legions of fans across generations to make a donation, and consistently redefines and reshapes the contours of the 21 century, celebrity philanthropist.”

Even if these aren't the exact words one ends up using, you get my point. Clooney has serious standing on social good matters to get people talking, engaged, and actionable. As a United Nations Ambassador, there's even a role he can play in supporting the global phenomenon Giving Tuesday, something the United Nations Foundation fully supports. An exciting and empowering possibility, to be sure.

Here’s hoping he reconsiders, and begins to see how the power of social media - connected to the causes he's passionate about - can produce tremendous results. This is truly a win-win scenario. If anyone has George Clooney's contact info, tell him to give me a call. Let's do this.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:40

Thanks SG, this was already posted so I merged the threads. But thanks anyway for the find  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 05 Apr 2014, 15:54

Oops never saw it....you could have deleted....silly to have two posts.  thanks

Ok so I did see the post but I guess I didn't read the article thoroughly cause I commented on it....(hitting forehead)....it popped up on twitter so that is why I thought it was new....blame it on a senior moment.... Embarassed 

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 05 Apr 2014, 16:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional thought)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 05 Apr 2014, 16:05

Yes I understand but Katiedot doesn't like to delete posts prefers to merge in this case. Anyway not bad to have it twice. Brings it back up alive  Wink
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by NewFanForever Sat 05 Apr 2014, 18:42

Wow Mazy....thanks for this article and wonderful news.

Lets hope GC is going to twitter some...

selfies Woo hooo! Flashing  Censored 

Seriously...I have heard that some stars are paid outrageous money for there tweets...but I have no idea how it works or what happens.

Perhaps before each tweet they show an add similar to on you tube?

Then if he was paid a sum and as you mentioned above...he may kindly re-direct this as he sore fit.

Exciting times!

NewFanForever
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 06 Apr 2014, 02:30

silly girl wrote:Oops never saw it....you could have deleted....silly to have two posts.  thanks

Ok so I did see the post but I guess I didn't read the article thoroughly cause I commented on it....(hitting forehead)....it popped up on twitter so that is why I thought it was new....blame it on a senior moment.... Embarassed 

SG it's not a senior moment it's a blonde moment whether you are blonde or not. We've all been there just goes to show we both saw and like the article from twitter.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down