George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Current edition of French magazine Femina EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Current edition of French magazine Femina

5 posters

Go down

Current edition of French magazine Femina Empty Current edition of French magazine Femina

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Mar 2014, 23:21

This is courtesy of Frenchiesfans:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Really nice article, where His Nibs appears to reveal that his next project will be The Yankee Commandante - the story of Wlliam Alexander Morgan........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Current edition of French magazine Femina Empty Re: Current edition of French magazine Femina

Post by Mazy Fri 07 Mar 2014, 01:49

Thanks for the link PAN here is the article, you're right really nice.

Interview With George Clooney, ‘‘I Have A Heart Of A Volunteer, Not A Politician ...’’

With Monuments Men , this gifted sign his fifth film. Actor, writer, director, producer, this devil of a man, as funny as courteous, has more than one asset whose intelligence is not the exclusive moindre. Tête-to-head!
By Anne Michelet - Photo: © Visual Press Agency published March 6, 2014
o 1."I wanted to pay tribute to the films that have rocked my childhood"
o 2."just play me, this is not the creation"
o 3."I do not understand how we can do if we do not help the human condition"
o 4."I do not take myself seriously"
o 5.George, director

"I WANTED TO PAY TRIBUTE TO THE FILMS THAT HAVE ROCKED MY CHILDHOOD"

The Monuments Men adventure is exciting. How did you find?
George Clooney
- I knew little stories about the Second World War, but I never heard of that. In doing research, my producer fell on the book by Robert M. Edsel and Bret Witter (AD Lattés) which tells the epic of a group of experts, curators, gallerists and artists , sent to Europe at the initiative of General Eisenhower and under the auspices of President Roosevelt to recover the thousands of works of art stolen by the Nazis. He then told me "  . I really think it can give a good movie  "We were producing Argo and I answered  : "  It's so cynical films, for once, it would be that we turn a joyful, with a positive message, because we are not cynical  ! "

What difficulties did you encounter during filming? Is it true that you took three years to complete?
George Clooney
- Not quite. Filming began in March 2013 and was fast for a big movie. However, it took us a year to write the script. In all, it took two years. It is not huge for American cinema. However, we experienced a lot of difficulties! These "  monuments men  "were not superheroes, even if they were heroic. I had to take some liberties with the characters to make the story more cinematic. So we sometimes extrapolated their stories. It had to have some flaws to create empathy. We imagined scenes of everyday life, but those that seem the most crazy are, paradoxically, those existed. Doing so made me a little guilt vis-à-vis men, so we changed the names. Apart from that, everything we tell is true.

You want to turn a classic film about World War II, much like the Great Escape?
George Clooney
- Exactly. I wanted to pay tribute to films that rocked my childhood, like the Guns of Navarone. After the Vietnam War, feature films shot on the subject were very attractive and pretty cynical. I loved masterpieces like Saving Private Ryan , Spielberg. The films of the genre of  the Great Escape were very popular with famous actors and also a good dose of humor. We thought it would be nice to make a film about the war, but taking the perspective of art. This had never been done. It was quite complicated, because we wanted it to remain credible. Address a serious subject such as art and war, including the fun , it was my wish.

You have gathered an exceptional cast. How did you convince all these actors?
George Clooney
- I flew to Australia just for a day, to give the script to Cate Blanchett. As for Jean Dujardin, I sent him an email and he said yes. We wrote the role for him. It has such a charisma ... it struck me in The Artist . For once, I wanted to see in a movie where he would speak in English. He did not speak the language very well, but now I feel better.

It was your revenge for the Oscars!
George Clooney
-  Yes! I found the exact thing to get off! [Laughs.] John is a great actor. He loves what he does, he has talent and also a great sense of humor. It's very nice to work with him. Today, we have become good friends and I really enjoy his company.

"JUST PLAY ME, THIS IS NOT THE CREATION"
Film after film, you always manage to work with your group of friends ... It's a plus for you?
George Clooney - They are like my family! In addition, I find that saves time when you know well. We spend months together and it's always better when the morning, we are happy to meet. For Gravity , I played with Sandra Bullock I know a long time and I love it.

It was not too complicated anyway directing all these stars?
George Clooney
- No, due to drink and our friendship! More seriously, they are wonderful actors and, in general, they like the role was written for them. They know what to add in a scene to improve.
In fact, I take the camera and I say, "  Go ahead, play  ! "Most often, we have turned one or two takes.
It was a simple shoot.

Your father, Nick Clooney, you are very close, also appears in your movie. It was moving?
George Clooney
- My father was in the U.S. Army in Germany, it was fun to bring it back. For me, nobody but him could have played this old man, even if it was the most difficult of all stakeholders to lead, because a son did not tell his father what he should do!

How George Clooney the director considers he actor George Clooney?
George Clooney
- The advantage is that the actor George Clooney knows what the director wants George Clooney! Sometimes it is a small problem during filming if the actor does not see where the director is coming from. There, at least, I did not have this problem! That said, it is true that it is quite difficult to judge his own performance. It's embarrassing to spend time on the stage in which we play on the contrary, we want to get rid of it faster. In most of my films, I have a role. It is also a way to distract me.

You are an actor, writer, producer, director ... Actually, who are you really?
George Clooney - My goal is to know how to stay creative. Just play me, this is not the creation. Some say yes, but this is not my opinion. It is for this reason that I wear many hats, but within an industry that I love, that of the seventh art. Write a scenario is really fun, it's exciting and I've been doing it for years now. But I must admit that the realization is what I like the most. When you realize you are using all forms of film art: writing, acting, shooting, color schemes ... This is a painting that you draw.

"I do not understand how we can do if we do not help the human condition"

How do you choose the movies you produce?

George Clooney - Already, I try to keep some freedom. Often called me to propose projects, developers know what I like to do or not ... And I feel like to help, “protect " the director during the construction of the film. Summer in Osage County, for example, was friendly to produce, with Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, which is dear to my heart film. She takes a different role than it usually does. I think she found the pleasure of playing and I liked to see her happy during the shoot. This is a new beginning for her! Julia has always been there for me. When I made my first film, she supported me as a person.

Monuments Men alerts us to the culture in danger as now in Iraq or Syria. What do you think about this problem?
George Clooney - past mistakes are repeated, it is terrible. We have unfortunately not learned the lessons of history. When Iraq was allowed to destroy a national gallery, it is not only the Iraqi culture is lost, but a part of world culture. Before the movies or television, history was written or painted on the walls. If it wanders, it will eventually forget our identity. The people who are destroying this heritage not only devastate all, they rob us of our history. Look what happens in Afghanistan. This is really scary.

Your film is still relevant with the recent discovery of works of art in a German ...
George Clooney
- I have not done for the promotion! But it is just that  Monuments Men  takes on a special resonance with the discovery of 1,400 works, including paintings by Matisse and Chagall, in Munich, in the apartment of an octogenarian, the son of an art dealer who had advantage of the Nazi plundering of Jewish families. And I think we still find a lot because he is missing and we do not know the extent of looting. This is a good thing to talk about and, of course, to return them.

You are politically engaged. What do you think of the action of the U.S. government?
George Clooney
- I support Barack Obama, I believe in what he does. Many people have tried to torpedo his election. The parties have never been so divided. With Obama Care Act [the Social Security], we succeeded in something concrete. Even if it was not perfect, it was progress. Conservatives like Mitt Romney, have totally rejected this bill. This has split the parties and any distorted between Conservatives and Republicans today. But I remain hopeful. President always trying to find solutions, he does what he has to do.

You could engage in politics?
George Clooney - No, it does not seem to be a lot of fun! I love to travel the world, go to Darfur, Sudan, Haiti ... [George Clooney was named a Messenger of Peace by the UN in 2008 and has received numerous awards for his actions.] I have a heart of volunteer, not a politician. Humanitarian holds a huge place in my life and I am closely what is happening in Ukraine today. We arrived at an important juncture of our civilization. My job is not to find solutions, but at least alert people about what can happen away from home. This really interests me and I will continue to help where I can. I was raised with the idea that the need to protect and help his neighbor, and not just his little house. We must ensure that the most vulnerable people that we can still speak.

You could not live without it?
George Clooney - I do not understand how we can do if we do not help the human condition. When a star and it takes you much attention we must use this fame to point the finger at what bothers. This is a basic duty. When we go there, we perceive the difference, you see the real life. We always hope to help someone, somewhere.

"I DO NOT TAKE MYSELF SERIOUSLY"
Dealing with problems do not prevent you from having fun. Lacking humor is imaginable?
George Clooney - Not for a second! Yesterday evening, I was driving with my co-producer and we told jokes. We made the following reflection: "  Are there people who laugh as much as we?  "It brings us joy in our routine. But we are so lucky! The minimum is to be aware of. I do not take myself seriously, but I care about others.

Like to stay in Europe. What do you find?
George Clooney -  Every year I go with my mother in the Alps! I often go to Barcelonnette, which is a beautiful city. And then I go to the South of France every summer. I also love Italy, where I own a house. Europe has an incredible diversity is what I like and why I feel so well. I invite my fellow citizens to travel more often outside the United States.

You have 52 years, how do you feel?
George Clooney - I'm a very happy time in my life. My priority is the job and give me constantly question. I do what I love and I will continue as I can. My friends are the same for years and the quality of personal and professional relationship is the only thing that interests me today.

Interview de George Clooney :"J'ai un coeur de bénévole, pas de politicien...
Avec Monuments Men, ce surdoué signe son cinquième film. Acteur, scénariste, réalisateur, producteur, ce diable d’homme, aussi drôle que courtois, possède plus d’un atout dont l’intelligence n’est pas le moindre.Tête-à-tête exclusif !
Par Anne Michelet - Photo : ©Visual Press Agency publié le 06 mars 2014
o 1."J’ai voulu rendre hommage aux films qui ont bercé mon enfance"
o 2."Me contenter de jouer, ce n'est pas de la création"
o 3."Je ne comprends pas comment on peut faire si on n’aide pas la condition humaine"
o 4."Je ne me prends pas au sérieux"
o 5.George, le réalisateur
"J’ai voulu rendre hommage aux films qui ont bercé mon enfance"
L’aventure de Monuments Men est passionnante. Comment l’avez-vous découverte ?
George Clooney - Je connaissais des petites histoires autour de la Seconde Guerre mondiale, mais je n’avais jamais entendu parler de celle-là. En faisant des recherches, mon producteur est tombé sur le livre de Robert M. Edsel et Bret Witter (J.-C. Lattès) qui relate l’épopée d’un groupe d’experts, de conservateurs, de galeristes et d’artistes, envoyés en Europe à l’initiative du général Eisenhower et sous l’égide du président Roosevelt pour récupérer les milliers d’œuvres d’art dérobées par les nazis. Il m’a alors dit : « Je pense vraiment que ça peut donner un bon film. » Nous étions en train de produire Argo et j’ai répondu : « On fait tellement de films cyniques, pour une fois, ce serait bien qu’on en tourne un joyeux, avec un message positif, parce que nous ne sommes pas des cyniques ! »
Quelles difficultés avez-vous rencontrées lors du tournage ? Est-il vrai qu’il vous a fallu trois ans pour le mener à bien ?
George Clooney - Pas tout à fait. Le tournage a débuté en mars 2013 et a été rapide pour un gros film. En revanche, il nous a fallu un an pour écrire le scénario. En tout, ça a pris deux ans. Ce n’est pas énorme pour le cinéma américain. Pourtant, nous avons connu pas mal de difficultés ! Ces « monuments men » n’étaient pas des superhéros, même s’ils étaient héroïques. J’ai dû prendre quelques libertés avec les personnages pour rendre le récit plus cinématographique. Nous avons donc parfois extrapolé leurs histoires. Il fallait que certains aient des défauts afin de créer une empathie. Nous avons imaginé des scènes de la vie quotidienne, mais celles qui paraissent les plus folles sont, paradoxalement, celles qui ont existé. Procéder de la sorte m’a fait un peu culpabiliser vis-à-vis de ces hommes, nous avons donc changé les noms. A part ça, tout ce que nous racontons est vrai.
Vous souhaitiez tourner un film classique sur la Seconde Guerre mondiale, un peu comme la Grande Evasion ?
George Clooney - Exactement. J’ai voulu rendre hommage aux films qui ont bercé mon enfance, comme les Canons de Navarone. Après la guerre du Vietnam, les longs-métrages tournés sur ce thème étaient très esthétiques et assez cyniques. J’ai adoré les chefs-d’œuvre comme Il faut sauver le soldat Ryan, de Spielberg. Les films du genre de la Grande Evasion étaient très populaires, avec des acteurs célèbres et aussi une bonne dose d’humour. On s’est dit que ça serait bien de réaliser un film sur la guerre, mais en prenant l’angle de l’art. Cela n’avait encore jamais été fait. C’était assez compliqué, car nous voulions que cela reste crédible. Aborder un sujet sérieux tel que l’art et la guerre, en incluant du fun, c’était mon souhait.
Vous avez réuni un casting exceptionnel. Comment avez-vous réussi à convaincre tous ces acteurs ?
George Clooney - J’ai pris l’avion jusqu’en Australie juste pour une journée, pour donner le script à Cate Blanchett. Quant à Jean Dujardin, je lui ai envoyé un e-mail et il a dit oui. On avait écrit le rôle pour lui. Il possède un tel charisme… ça m’avait frappé dans The Artist. Pour une fois, je voulais le voir dans un film où il s’exprimerait en anglais. Il ne parlait pas très bien la langue, mais maintenant, ça va mieux.
C’était votre revanche pour les Oscars !
George Clooney -  Oui ! J’ai trouvé le truc précis pour le descendre ! [Rires.] Jean est un acteur formidable. Il aime ce qu’il fait, il a du talent et aussi un grand sens de l’humour. C’est très agréable de travailler avec lui. Aujourd’hui, nous sommes devenus bons amis et j’apprécie vraiment sa compagnie.
"Me contenter de jouer, ce n'est pas de la création"
Film après film, vous parvenez toujours à travailler avec votre bande de copains… C’est un plus pour vous ?
George Clooney - Ils sont comme ma famille ! De plus, je trouve qu’on gagne du temps quand on se connaît bien. On passe des mois ensemble et c’est toujours mieux lorsque, le matin, on est contents de se retrouver. Pour Gravity, j’ai joué avec Sandra Bullock que je connais depuis longtemps et que j’adore.
Ce n’était pas trop compliqué malgré tout de diriger toutes ces stars ?
George Clooney - Non, grâce à la boisson et à notre amitié ! Plus sérieusement, ce sont des acteurs merveilleux et, en général, ils aiment le rôle qui a été écrit pour eux. Ils savent ce qu’il faut ajouter dans une scène pour l’améliorer. En fait, je prends la caméra, et je leur dis : « Allez-y, jouez ! » Le plus souvent, nous n’avons tourné qu’une ou deux prises. Ça a été un tournage très simple.
Votre père, Nick Clooney, dont vous êtes très proche, apparaît aussi dans votre film. C’était émouvant ?
George Clooney - Mon père était dans l’armée américaine en Allemagne, c’était amusant de l’y ramener. Pour moi, personne d’autre que lui n’aurait pu jouer cet homme âgé, même s’il a été le plus difficile de tous les acteurs à diriger, car un fils ne dit pas à son père ce qu’il doit faire !
Comment George Clooney le réalisateur juge-t-il George Clooney l’acteur ?
George Clooney - L’avantage, c’est que George Clooney l’acteur sait ce que veut George Clooney le réalisateur ! Parfois, ça pose un petit problème pendant les tournages si l’acteur ne voit pas où le réalisateur veut en venir. Là, au moins, je n’avais pas ce souci ! Cela dit, c’est vrai qu’il est assez compliqué de juger sa propre performance. C’est embarrassant de passer du temps sur la scène dans laquelle on joue : au contraire, on veut s’en débarrasser au plus vite. Dans la plupart de mes films, j’ai un rôle. C’est aussi une façon de me distraire.
Vous êtes acteur, scénariste, producteur, réalisateur… En fait, qui êtes-vous vraiment ?
George Clooney - Mon but, c’est de savoir rester créatif. Me contenter de jouer, ce n’est pas de la création. Certains vous diront que si, mais ce n’est pas mon avis. C’est pour cette raison que j’ai plusieurs casquettes, mais en restant dans une industrie que j’aime, celle du septième art. Ecrire un scénario est vraiment plaisant, c’est excitant et je le fais depuis des années maintenant. Mais je dois avouer que la réalisation, c’est ce que j’aime le plus. Quand vous réalisez, vous utilisez toutes les formes d’art cinématographique : l’écriture, le jeu, les prises de vue, les jeux de couleurs… C’est une peinture que vous dessinez.
"Je ne comprends pas comment on peut faire si on n’aide pas la condition humaine"
Comment choisissez-vous les films que vous produisez ?
George Clooney - Déjà, j’essaie de garder une certaine liberté. Souvent, on m’appelle pour me proposer des projets, les réalisateurs savent ce que j’aime bien faire ou non… Et j’aime avoir le sentiment d’aider, de « protéger » le réalisateur pendant la construction de son film. Un été à Osage County, par exemple, était un film sympathique à produire, avec Meryl Streep et Julia Roberts, qui est chère à mon cœur. Elle y tient un rôle différent de ce qu’elle fait habituellement. Je pense qu’elle a retrouvé le plaisir de jouer et j’ai aimé la voir heureuse pendant le tournage. C’est un nouveau départ pour elle ! Julia a toujours été présente pour moi. Quand j’ai réalisé mes premiers films, elle m’a soutenu comme personne.
Monuments Men nous alerte sur la culture en danger comme aujourd’hui en Irak ou en Syrie. Quel regard portez-vous sur ce problème ?
George Clooney - On répète les erreurs du passé, c’est terrible. Nous n’avons, hélas, pas retenu les leçons de l’Histoire. Quand, en Irak, on laisse détruire une galerie nationale, ce n’est pas seulement la culture irakienne que l’on perd, mais une partie de la culture mondiale. Avant les films ou la télévision, l’Histoire était écrite ou peinte sur les murs. Si on égare ça, on va finir par oublier notre identité. Les gens qui détruisent ce patrimoine ne se contentent pas de tout dévaster, ils nous volent notre Histoire. Regardez ce qu’il se passe en Afghanistan. C’est vraiment effrayant.
Votre film est toujours d’actualité avec la découverte récente d’œuvres d’art chez un Allemand…
George Clooney - Je ne l’ai pas fait pour la promotion ! Mais il est juste que Monuments Men prend une résonance particulière avec cette découverte de 1 400 œuvres, dont des tableaux de Matisse et de Chagall, à Munich, dans l’appartement d’un octogénaire, fils d’un marchand d’art qui avait profité des spoliations des nazis sur des familles juives. Et je pense qu’on en retrouvera encore beaucoup, car il en manque et nous ignorons l’ampleur du pillage. C’est une bonne chose d’en parler et, bien sûr, de les restituer.
Vous êtes engagé politiquement. Que pensez-vous de l’action du gouvernement américain ?
George Clooney - Je soutiens Barack Obama, je crois en ce qu’il fait. De nombreuses personnes ont essayé de torpiller son élection. Les partis n’ont jamais été aussi divisés. Avec la loi Obama Care [sur la Sécurité sociale], on parvenait à quelque chose de concret. Même si ça n’était pas parfait, c’était un progrès. Les conservateurs, comme Mitt Romney, ont totalement rejeté ce projet de loi. Cela a scindé les partis et tout faussé entre les conservateurs et les républicains aujourd’hui. Mais je garde bon espoir. Le président essaie toujours de trouver des solutions, il fait ce qu’il a à faire.
Vous pourriez vous engager en politique ?
George Clooney - Non, ça n’a pas l’air d’être une partie de plaisir ! J’aime parcourir le monde, aller au Darfour, au Soudan, en Haïti… [George Clooney a été nommé Messager de la paix par l’ONU en 2008 et a reçu de nombreux prix pour ses actions.] J’ai un cœur de bénévole, pas de politicien. L’humanitaire tient une énorme place dans ma vie et je suis de près ce qu’il se passe en Ukraine actuellement. Nous sommes arrivés à un tournant important de notre civilisation. Mon job n’est pas de trouver des solutions, mais au moins d’alerter les gens sur ce qu’il peut se passer loin de chez eux. Cela m’intéresse vraiment et je continuerai à aider où je peux. J’ai été élevé dans l’idée qu’il fallait protéger et secourir son prochain et pas juste sa petite maison. Il faut s’assurer que les gens plus vulnérables que nous puissent tout de même s’exprimer.
Vous ne pourriez pas vivre sans ça ?
George Clooney - Je ne comprends pas comment on peut faire si on n’aide pas la condition humaine. Quand on est une star et qu’on vous porte autant d’attention, il faut utiliser cette notoriété pour pointer du doigt ce qui dérange. C’est un devoir élémentaire. Quand on va sur place, on perçoit la différence, on voit la vraie vie. On a toujours l’espoir de secourir quelqu’un, quelque part.
"Je ne me prends pas au sérieux"
Faire face aux problèmes ne vous empêche pas de vous amuser. Manquer d’humour, c’est imaginable ?
George Clooney - Pas une seconde ! Hier soir, j’étais en voiture avec mon coproducteur et on se racontait des blagues. On s’est fait la réflexion suivante : « Existe-t-il des gens qui rient autant que nous ? » Ça nous apporte de la joie dans notre routine. Mais nous sommes tellement chanceux ! Le minimum est d’en être conscient. Je ne me prends pas au sérieux, mais je me soucie des autres.
Vous aimez séjourner en Europe. Qu’y trouvez-vous ?
George Clooney -  Tous les ans, je pars avec ma mère dans les Alpes ! Je vais souvent à Barcelonnette, qui est une ville superbe. Et puis je me rends dans le Sud de la France tous les étés. J’adore aussi l’Italie, où je possède une maison. L’Europe a une diversité incroyable, c’est ce qui me plaît et pourquoi je m’y sens si bien. J’invite d’ailleurs mes compatriotes à voyager plus souvent en dehors des Etats-Unis.
Vous avez 52 ans, comment vous sentez-vous ?
George Clooney - Je suis à un moment vraiment heureux de ma vie. Ma priorité, c’est le boulot et de me remettre constamment en question. Je fais ce que j’aime et je continuerai tant que je le pourrai. Mes amis sont les mêmes depuis des années et la qualité d’une relation personnelle et professionnelle est la seule chose qui m’intéresse aujourd’hui.
George, director
• In 2002, he goes behind the camera to shoot Confessions of a Dangerous Mind , with Sam Rockwell and Maggie Gyllenhaal. The film is about the fate of Chuck Barris, host of the Gong Show in the 70s who was agent for the CIA under the name of Sunny Sixkiller.
• In 2005, it will be Good Night, and Good Luck , David Strathairn and Robert Downey Jr. This time, George Clooney delves into the 50s with the fall of Senator Joseph McCarthy in which participated the presenter of CBS News, Edward R. Murrow.
• In 2008, follow  games  dupes , with Renée Zellweger. In this comedy to Lubitsch, Clooney plays the captain of the football team Bulldogs, desperate to make a name, even to leave a pretty young reporter recount his exploits.
• In 2011, he turned the steps of the power , with Ryan Gosling and Philip Seymour Hoffman. A film about the corridors of power seen by a young idealistic campaign adviser. Clooney the opportunity to pin through the political world. Brilliant and virtuosic.
• Next realization? Yankee Comandante trace the fate of William Morgan, American who helped Cuban revolutionaries to overthrow the Batista government. Become opposing Fidel Castro, he was imprisoned and executed in 1961.

• En 2002, il passe derrière la caméra pour tourner Confessions d’un homme dangereux, avec Sam Rockwell et Maggie Gyllenhaal. Ce film évoque le destin de Chuck Barris, animateur du Gong Showdans les années 70 qui aurait été agent pour la CIA sous le pseudo de Sunny Sixkiller.
• En 2005, ce sera Good Night, and Good Luck, avec David Strathairn et Robert Downey Jr. Cette fois, George Clooney plonge dans les années 50 avec la chute du sénateur Joseph McCarthy à laquelle participa le présentateur du JT de CBS, Edward R. Murrow.
• En 2008, suivra Jeux de dupes, avec Renée Zellweger. Dans cette comédie à la Lubitsch, Clooney incarne le capitaine de l’équipe de football des Bulldogs, prêt à tout pour se faire un nom, même à laisser une jeune et jolie journaliste relater ses exploits.
• En 2011, il tourne les Marches du pouvoir, avec Ryan Gosling et Philip Seymour Hoffman. Un film sur les coulisses du pouvoir vues par un jeune conseiller de campagne idéaliste. Clooney en profite pour épingler les travers du monde politique. Brillant et virtuose.
• Prochaine réalisation ? The Yankee Comandante retracera le destin de William Morgan, Américain qui aida les révolutionnaires cubains à renverser le gouvernement de Batista. Devenu opposant à Fidel Castro, il fut emprisonné puis exécuté en 1961.

Last edited by Mazy on Fri 07 Mar 2014, 01:52; edited 1 time in total
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Current edition of French magazine Femina Empty Re: Current edition of French magazine Femina

Post by Sevens Fri 07 Mar 2014, 01:51

WOW, I thought it's gonna be Our brand is crisis...Great choice.
Thanks for the find.
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 07 Mar 2014, 06:53

Thanks PAN and Mazy. Nice read  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 07 Mar 2014, 09:37

Interesting combination of information.
I like the little insight into his relationship with his mother.
Just proves what I've alway thought, that we know
very very little about his private life !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down