George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Movies that George Clooney could Remake EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Movies that George Clooney could Remake

+6
Lighterside
party animal - not!
Joanna
jd68
theminis
10 posters

Go down

Movies that George Clooney could Remake Empty Movies that George Clooney could Remake

Post by theminis Mon 24 Feb 2014, 22:21

I was watching some old movies over the last week and got to thinking about some that George could remake, especially as he has a knack of assembling fabulous casts.

So here goes,

Where Eagles Dare
George in the Richard Burton role
Brad Pitt in the Clint Eastwood Role (or Scott Eastwood)

Marriage on the Rocks
(if you haven't seen this, its a must, Dean Martin/Frank Sinatra at their best)

George Clooney in the Dean Martin Role
Someone fabulous in the Frank Sinatra Role
Julieanne Moore playing Frank Sinatras Wife

finally

Its a Mad Mad Mad World
You could have a lot of fun casting that movie

Anyhow just thought Id put it out there, this what I think about when I can't sleep!!

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added 'clooney' to the thread title)
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Movies that George Clooney could Remake Empty Re: Movies that George Clooney could Remake

Post by jd68 Tue 25 Feb 2014, 06:26

Hollywood does too many remakes. I prefer new stories and I'll watch the originals at home.  Very Happy 
jd68
jd68
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Movies that George Clooney could Remake Empty Re: Movies that George Clooney could Remake

Post by Joanna Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:05

Oh oh oh..... It's GOT to be Rhett Butler in
Gone With the Wind !!!!!
With
Ryan Gosling as Ashley Wilkes

And of course.....Renee Z as Scarlett

Sofa bounce 
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 25 Feb 2014, 11:25

Very topical topic!

'Our Brand is Crisis' will be a remake won't it?

And a remake of two films I think, because His Nibs produced 'K Street' too and Soderbergh directed. I wonder if he's going to try and persuade Soderbergh out of his self-imposed retirement..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Tue 25 Feb 2014, 12:12

re: Soderbergh out of retirement...Oh I hope you're right PAN, that would be fabulous!

On the idea of remakes...there are so many good stories out there left to tell, I don't really understand this cycle of remakes.  And if you analyze the critical comments against MM, they really didn't care for the "throw back" to old war films. I don't think that modern audiences are really interested in returning to the glory days of filmmaking like some of the filmmakers who are filled with nostalgia for the good old days.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by ****** Tue 25 Feb 2014, 17:18

Well, I hate remakes, even more classic films, but George would be really great as Rhett Butler think he resembles Clark Gable, mainly in charm.

Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 25 Feb 2014, 20:04

Remakes rarely compare well to the originals -especially if the original was a classic. I never understood why anyone would want to be compared to someone else who was great in a role - ex: Cary Grant in "Philadelphia Story" (Bing Crosby remade it - only so-so). But I do agree that George would have made a great Rhett Butler.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cupcake Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:31

I love gone with the wind movie , but l can't imagine George playing rhett butler , Clark gable was wonderful in that role . but l would like to see George in romantic movie , being crazy in love with a woman as pretty as Vivien Leigh .
cupcake
cupcake
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 26 Feb 2014, 18:34

yeah!  cheers 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 29 Mar 2014, 01:14

theminis wrote:I was watching some old movies over the last week and got to thinking about some that George could remake, especially as he has a knack of assembling fabulous casts.

So here goes,

Where Eagles Dare
George in the Richard Burton role
Brad Pitt in the Clint Eastwood Role (or Scott Eastwood)

Marriage on the Rocks
(if you haven't seen this, its a must, Dean Martin/Frank Sinatra at their best)

George Clooney in the Dean Martin Role
Someone fabulous in the Frank Sinatra Role
Julieanne Moore playing Frank Sinatras Wife

finally

Its a Mad Mad Mad World
You could have a lot of fun casting that movie

Anyhow just thought Id put it out there, this what I think about when I can't sleep!!

I never thought to pair the two, but now that you've mentioned it, George and Julianne need to do something together immediately. Don't care what it is. Smile
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down