George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film?

+12
macs
hathaross
playfuldeb
sarah ali
Snoopy
lucy
Windyc
Atalante
fluffy
cindigirl
melbert
Katiedot
16 posters

Go down

What has been your favourite recent Clooney film? You can choose up to three

The American

The Men Who Stare At Goats

Up in the Air

Burn After Reading

Leatherheads

Michael Clayton

Ocean's 13

Ocean's 12

Ocean's 11

The Good German

View results

What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? Empty What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film?

Post by Katiedot Thu 17 Mar 2011, 10:47

Inspired by the poll online (click on the link below to vote) I'm wondering what has been your favourite recent Clooney film?

I'm looking at this from the point of view as an actor, so I've not included films where he directed and had minor appearances and because I can only do up to 10 options, I'm limiting it to his most recent 10 films. You can vote for up to three films.

From Ann Arbor

Posted: Mar 16, 2011 at 2:20 PM [Yesterday]

With George Clooney in town this week both directing and acting in the political thriller "The Ides of March," we got to wondering about his best movie roles. What's your opinion?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? Empty Re: What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film?

Post by melbert Fri 18 Mar 2011, 00:45

once again, too many I like!

And thanks Katie for the wonderful OVERLOAD of George today. I'm in Clooney heaven!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film? Empty Re: What has been your favourite recent George Clooney film?

Post by melbert Fri 18 Mar 2011, 00:47

and I love my SUPER CLOONEY-ASTIC FANTASTIC status!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 18 Mar 2011, 09:56

You're welcome, Mel!

Looking at these films here, I'm amazed at what a choice of different films he's made in the past five or so years. Some were complete duds, IMO and others were great.

What I found was that I couldn't separate what I thought of his acting from what I thought of the film overall, so for example, in the Good German which I hated I wouldn't be able to vote his acting as good even if it probably was just because I didn't like the film.

So far it looks as though Ocean's 11 and Up in the Air are the two top recent films.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Fri 18 Mar 2011, 14:12

My absolutely most favorite is Michael Clayton. I have the DVD and am surprised it hasn't blown up on me because I've watched it so many times. What a hunk!
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Fri 18 Mar 2011, 16:32

I quite like The American as the most recent, although Gee doesn't say much, it's not dull and I wasn't thinking how long till the end! Quite a surprise ending (won't spoil it for those that haven't seen it yet!). But I wondered, does anyone have a favourite one-liner from a film? Mine are Oceans 12 - Do I look old? Only from the neck up! and from The American - I've been looking for you...I'm here (so cheesy)!. Ladies any thoughts???
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 18 Mar 2011, 16:38

A favorite one-liner, oh yes, ..., " Do I look like I'm negotiating !!! " . Angry
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyc Fri 18 Mar 2011, 20:59

Honestly, I haven't met George Clooney film I didn't like however, Burn After Reading came close. I just couldn't get into it. I enjoy each film for what it is. I really enjoyed The American though. He was fantastic and it was just a beautifully shot film.

Windyc
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 18 Mar 2011, 21:41

Atalante wrote:A favorite one-liner, oh yes, ..., " Do I look like I'm negotiating !!! " . Angry

Atalante, I don't know if it's my absolute favorite (I'm still mulling over in my head on so many lines I've heard the man say!!!), but it's way up there! The look on his face! OMG!!! and Tilda was just shaking in her boots!! OMG!!! Oh, by the way, I really LOVE Michael Clayton!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Windyc Fri 18 Mar 2011, 22:39

It's not so much a favorite line but I always rewind One Fine Day for the delivery of this line. Its so sexy! When he says to Mel.. "I know your name Mel." *sigh*

Windyc
Shy poster

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 18 Mar 2011, 22:44

Haven't seen the American yet, saw leatherheads, and GG once and could live without seeing them again,I'am the only person I know that actually liked O12, all the others I've seen and liked, it's a hard choice for me.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 18 Mar 2011, 22:59

I liked O12 too Lucy. Still think 11 was the best of the three though.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 19 Mar 2011, 01:11

Me too,13 didn't care for as much as 11&12.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 19 Mar 2011, 02:09

I think when they started adding all those "other" people, the storyline just got muttled up for me. I need plain and simple!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 19 Mar 2011, 15:32

It looks like we have a clear winner with Up In The air as our favourite of his newer films.

Ocean's 11 came second and Michael Clayton third.

The voting is still open for others to add to the list although you do have to be registered and logged in to vote.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 12 Jun 2011, 20:04

So nobody enjoyed 'Men who stare at Goats'?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 12 Jun 2011, 21:49

Michael Clayton, for that movie he deserved (IMO) an Oscar. and he looked fantastic I own all the Oceans movies and really like 11, on 12 I often wonder what happened as it is so bad I couldn't get through it. I can't even talk about Leatherheads. but I do own the Good German. I didn't vote for BAR, but I did like it although UITA was really good.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jun 2011, 22:11

1- Michael Clayton
2- Up in the air
3- Ocean's 11

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 13 Jun 2011, 05:03

What I do find interesting is that if you look at the votes for his earlier films, I think every film gets at least one vote, whereas in his later films, four out of 10 get no votes at all.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 14 Jun 2011, 01:53

It is interesting Katie. However, I did LIKE Men, Burn, 12 and Good German, just not as much as I LOVED some of the others.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Mon 11 Jul 2011, 05:49

(Up in the air) really showed up the best in George! And (Ocean's 11) is the one i can watch it over and over without getting bored , the rest i just not that much as these two....
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 11 Jul 2011, 06:21

I was not crazy about Men Who Stare or Burn After Reading. I really did like OBWAT and Intolerable Cruelty had me giggling thru the entire movie
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:55

I vote for Up in the air!! Really good movie!! and Ocean´s 11 and 13
hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by sarah ali Wed 07 Sep 2011, 22:48

playfuldeb wrote:I was not crazy about Men Who Stare or Burn After Reading. I really did like OBWAT and Intolerable Cruelty had me giggling thru the entire movie
Yeah Right agreed!
sarah ali
sarah ali
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Thu 08 Sep 2011, 07:51

terribly difficult question since all his recent work I found really good. For me it's tight between UIA and MC...
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:31

I went to another Nick Clooney lecture today in Cincinnati, and I asked Nick Clooney what his favorite George Clooney film is. He said, that, although he did not have a "favorite," he liked Michael Clayton, O Brother, Where Art Thou, and Good Night, and Good Luck.

I met Nick and Nina after the lecture, and they remembered me from the previous lecture at the University of Cincinnati this spring. I got a warm handshake from Nick and a warm hug from Nina. That really made my day today.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:48

MM, you are truly lucky to have the opportunity to have a meet and greet with Mom and Pop Clooney. They seem to be down-to-earth, gracious people, willing to mingle with the crowd. Now we know where George gets his good traits from. What a wonderful family they are.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:52

a warm handshake from Nick and a warm hug from Nina

lucky you!

I agree
a wonderful family Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 14 Sep 2011, 21:07

That's wonderful MM! I bet they are gracious people!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 21:15

you can easily see Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 14 Sep 2011, 23:28

Yes, I am lucky to be in the Cincinnati area where I can have easy access to Nick and Nina. I never imagined that while I was growing up here, one of their children would become so famous. I wish that could have been able to attend more personal appearances of Nick and Nina in the past, so I am taking the opportunity now. Nick and Nina also were treating returning fans in the same way they treated me, so it was nice seeing that. They really are gracious people, and you would like to have them live next door to you.

Yes-sir, Cincinnati and Augusta/Maysville claim and own the Clooneys.

Last edited by MM on Wed 14 Sep 2011, 23:30; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added on text)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 15 Sep 2011, 01:29

MM, lucky you,do they look as young in person as they do on film?
Recent fav. would have to be MC, then UIA, don't think it counts but I love FMF.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 15 Sep 2011, 15:09

lucy wrote:MM, lucky you,do they look as young in person as they do on film?
Recent fav. would have to be MC, then UIA, don't think it counts but I love FMF.

Yes, Nick and Nina look great in person. They have so much energy, you would never believe their advanced ages (Nick is 77, Nina is 72). I saw George on Hamilton Avenue in Northside (while he was filming TIOM), and he looked good (although in incognito). Yes, the world will have some more Clooney appreciation for a long time yet.

Last edited by MM on Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:09; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added text for clarification)
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 15:59

So he's here! Yay! I would love to see him!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:30

MM, I take exception to your comment about "advanced age". What makes you think people in their 70's don't have lots of energy?
We're not all just shuffling along or candidates for the Scooter Store, or in wheelchairs, you know. Energy comes from a love of life and a positive state of mind. We of advanced age have lots of Energy
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:37

Bad topics to talk about - politics, religion, race, dirty sex and age.

Well, maybe not dirty sex so much. in bed
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:42

Dirty sex is definitely an interesting subject and shouldn't be in the same class as politics, religion, race and age. Besides, those subjects are often topics of argument, but never heard anyone argue about dirty sex, only discuss it in vivid detail.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:47

I mentioned it before but Michael Clayton is my all time favorite. I bought the DVD two years and, thank God it's on DVD and not VHS tape because I've watched it so many times, the tape would have been torn to shreds. Something about G in a dark suit. YUM
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:52

MM, that's so awesome that you got to meet Nick & Nina. Nice to hear how down to earth they are, as well.

LOL @ Cindi & Patty. my favorite quote about dirty sex is from an old Madonna interview (probably during the Erotica era). In response to the interviewer's question, she said "Is sex dirty? Only if you're doing it right!"
lol!

My fave out of those movies is UITA followed closely by MC. I think the supporting cast helped sway me to say that UITA is my fave. They were all great.
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by MyGirlKylie Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:53

cindigirl wrote:Something about G in a dark suit. YUM

mmmm....hmmmm super cool
MyGirlKylie
MyGirlKylie

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 17:56

A dark suit and tie, a tuxedo or a uniform. He is perfection. Not so much in OOS, OBWAT, BAR, B&R, WTC - kinda messy in those.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 18:01

You know, some people say he looks like an undertaker in that dark suit, but you know what? - he can work over me any time. I'd come back to life just for the experience. LOL
Flashing
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Thu 15 Sep 2011, 18:03

I'm with you, kid. Over me or on me, would be just fine.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 15 Sep 2011, 18:15

Under me, too!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 15 Sep 2011, 19:51

pattygirl wrote:A dark suit and tie, a tuxedo or a uniform. He is perfection. Not so much in OOS, OBWAT, BAR, B&R, WTC - kinda messy in those.

Oh, but PattyGirl, I think he does messy so well too!!! Love4
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Thu 15 Sep 2011, 20:15

pattygirl wrote:MM, I take exception to your comment about "advanced age". What makes you think people in their 70's don't have lots of energy?
We're not all just shuffling along or candidates for the Scooter Store, or in wheelchairs, you know. Energy comes from a love of life and a positive state of mind. We of advanced age have lots of Energy

Weeellll, I am almost AARP age, but I have been told by many that I have a youthful appearance (I am so glad that I used sunscreen since I was a child). However, I am 100 pounds overweight, so my energy is less. So, I envy them that, even though they are old enough to be my parents (I am one year younger than George), I know that I will not be like that when I am at their age. More power to them. Thumbs up!
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down