George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan?

+13
ktsue2002
blubelle
fluffy
Atalante
Dexterdidit
bunny
monaco
Snoopy
lucy
cindigirl
Merlin
melbert
Katiedot
17 posters

Go down

What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? Empty What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan?

Post by Katiedot Sun 06 Mar 2011, 18:38

There are arguably better looking men out there; definitely younger men and probably many better actors. There are many men with better taste in women and lack George's penchant for childish practical jokes. Despite all that - or perhaps even because of it - George Clooney is probably one of the most compelling celebrities in the world today.

I've been a fan for 10 years now and would love to hear what made you first notice him and what keeps you coming back.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? Empty Re: What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan?

Post by melbert Sun 06 Mar 2011, 18:50

Roseanne and Facts of Life got me started on George - yes, I'm old! But, when ER hit, WOW! Aside from his looks, his somewhat "bad boy" image (womanizer, biker, etc), his mesmerizing voice, and those eyes - mmmm - I guess it's the whole person that really gets to me. Silly and goofy, serious and intense, he embodies it all. Sure, I don't agree with everything in his life, but hey, he's human. His friendships, his family, all the things that are very important to him, also are important to me and make him, the man, just that much more intense to me.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan? Empty Re: What is it that makes you a George Clooney fan?

Post by Merlin Sun 06 Mar 2011, 19:19

I first noticed him in Emergency Room and thought he was gorgeous...then forgot about him until I saw him in Roseanne and after a while realised it was the same bloke then ER.....I LOVE Doug...gorgeous eyes, smile and voice....I wish he'd stayed in ER.....then when I learnt more about him I loved his humour, his cleverness and his generousity (not the silly pranks) and I've enjoyed all his films ...he's the best Batman IMO....the only thing about him I'm not impressed with is his taste in female company...but that's his business, none of mine and his choice and although I'm not completely obsessed with him now as I was a few years ago....I can't find anyone to replace him .......
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 06 Mar 2011, 19:48

I wasn't attracted to George when he was younger. But now it's the whole package. His kindheartedness, his sexy voice (OMG) and his overall looks. I've been a fan for about 3 years. He gets better with age. I was always attracted to older men,
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 06 Mar 2011, 21:48

It was around CODM-GNGL, I had seen other movies of his but I wasn't really a fan. Timing for me, boredom, and the recipe that makes GC.I hadn't been a fan of anyone since my teens, and like Merlin I can't find anyone to replace him.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Snoopy Sun 06 Mar 2011, 22:41

I remember him from Roseanne, Facts of Life, and then ER cemented the fascination. Yes, I am probably as young as Melbert. His looks, his voice, his eyes but probably what I love the most is he seems like a normal guy and to a point, has always stayed that way. His Batman movie was the only one I watched.
Snoopy
Snoopy
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by monaco Sun 06 Mar 2011, 23:42

I remember seeing him in Roseanne and then pretty much forgot about him until O Brother. To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of his films. For me, only a few stand out. It's George the celebrity or film star that interests me (if such a thing exists anymore but that's a different debate.) Like my all time faves, Richard Burton and Marlon Brando - he has the looks, charisma and a twinkle in his eye.

monaco
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Mon 07 Mar 2011, 00:52

I always liked him on TV but I cant say he was my favorite actor. When he started directing I really started becoming a fan. I really think he has so much to offer as an actor, producer and director. Add to that the humanitarian work he has done and he just makes me want to know more about him and see him in more things.

Of course, I also think he as gotten better looking as he has aged. (a lot better looking!)

bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 07 Mar 2011, 05:47

ER is probably what started me off then Out of Sight. I watched the Facts of Life and was actually surprised learn he was on it cause he didn't catch my eye then at all the same with Roseanne. I think it was the greying of his hair and the new cut. He has such a deep voice his looks now suit it more. He has gotten better looking older when he was young there was just something about him that didn't quite go. But once he aged it all seemed to work together. You can see how much he had grown as an actor I was a little worried at first with the directing but he has done really well. I think having Grant around helps as well they work great together as a team. I've been a fan about 12 or 13 years.....yes I'm sort of old too!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 07 Mar 2011, 07:10

Oh dear sounds like we are all the middle aged white van brigrade they keep talking about except I can't drive and I haven't got a van LOL.....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 07 Mar 2011, 07:12

What about you Katiedot....you must luuuuurrrrvvvvveee him to start a site for him LOL... Laughing
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Mon 07 Mar 2011, 10:51

He got similar DNA ! LOL!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 07 Mar 2011, 21:46

For me it's the whole package that I like [no, not that package! For the love of all things good, get yer minds out of the gutter!]

I'm not even sure what it was that made me google George Clooney websites way back when. I do know that I managed to watch ER without ever noticing that George was in it (Eric La Salle on the other hand . . . ) and if I knew anything about him at all, it was that he was 'that actor bloke with a pet pig' because I wanted a pet pig too (before it became so trendy and common).

Anyway, somehow I ended up on the old By George site run by Katie (no relation!) and then found Julie's Clooneyfiles forum and what I found there had me hooked.

Here's a man who believes in living life and makes no bones about it. Someone with a great sense of humour who always gives an interesting take on the universe and whose interviews (in those days at least) were always in equal measure thought provoking and humorous. He's someone who not only has a great passion for whatever he does but also does it with grace and style.

Around about that time he'd started making great films, stuff that was always watchable. Stuff that made me interested in film again and what he had to say about cinema was always interesting. I still maintain that there are few people in Hollywood today who have such an indepth knowledge of film partnered with such a love for it too.

Finally there's his charitable/humanitarian works and political views. The former has always been done with great investment by him in terms of time, energy and genuine concern while the latter match my own beliefs.

I like that he doesn't seem to give in to the Hollywood bullshit too much. It's very much wysiwyg and when he screws up, he usually owns it and moves on.

I like watching him evolving as years go by even if some of the changes aren't so much to my liking. He's always watchable, always funny, always makes you wonder what he's going to do next. That's why I'm a fan.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 08 Mar 2011, 03:08

Wowzers - you tapped it all Katie!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 08 Mar 2011, 14:00

I've only just discovered Gee since 2010! I know don't all shout at once! It's very cosy under this cabbage leaf!! I had a calendar on my work board which ran out, didn't know what to replace with, one of the girls forwarded a picky of Gee doing the Martini add, and I thought that will do! So sweet Gee's been staring at me and me him for the last year! No complaints but it did make me wonder what a "star's" life is like, and I have to say with him, very busy! No wonder the girlies don't last. He's like a bar of soap, squeeze and he's gone!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 08 Mar 2011, 16:01

Then maybe we should squeeze something else!!
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Tue 08 Mar 2011, 16:35

Thanks Blubelle, but I will stick with Gee!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 08 Mar 2011, 23:29

I meant some other squeezable part of his body (turning red thinking about it).
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 09 Mar 2011, 00:12

Watch out bluebell, let's be careful someone might think you are being disrespectful to Mr. Clooney.I like to squeeze him too!!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 09 Mar 2011, 02:44

And squeeze all his 2000 parts!!! (bar of soap reference!!!)
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Tue 26 Mar 2013, 20:23

I know this is an old forum segment, but I wanted to add my two cents. I became a fan, not a big fan, but a regular "Oh that movie has george Clooney in it: I may go see it or rent it later" fan in about 2000. Before that, I didn't pay much attention to his work on ER or anything. I think the first movie I saw was One Fine Day with him in it. I liked it but I didn't even see it at the theater. I believe Three Kings was the first film of his I saw in the theater. That or Perfect Storm, not sure which came first. I remember searching the internet for facts about him around that time since I found out we had same birthday, and it fascinated me.I also remember beginning to read his dad's column in about 2001. I remember finding By George in 2004 and becoming a little bit more enamored with him since he had the same birthday and well, the obvious answer, he was sexy.
Then in 2006, I became the George Clooney infatuated superfan. This part has actually more to do with me than him. That year, if you recall, he won the Oscar and went to Darfur with his dad. At that same time, I had just been diagnosed with Polycystic Kidney Disease and Diabetes. I had also been hospitalized with renal failure the November before. I was also a middle school teacher that did it because my parents wanted me in that job, and I HATED my job. I wanted to be a writer, and I was having trouble finding my own path and getting used to having this disease PKD and knowing that my life was going to be different and most likely shorter because of it. Seeing George win the Oscar plus going to Darfur to raise awareness of the genocide and terror the people there experienced just pushed me into the superfan zone. I felt like I needed to get up and find my own life, instead of living up to someone else's expectation. By observing his life and work, I changed my attitude and decided to move on from teaching. It didn't happen overnight, but I eventually became the writer I am today. I have also faced dialysis for a year and a half and I just recently got my kidney transplant. My friend Felesia gave me her kidney. She is ranked up there with George Clooney. All through that time, I found joy in seeing him succeed and found hope that I can survive all of this and really live. So, if I get a bit gitty about George, I think it is just a reflection of how my George Clooney inspired me through some tough times.
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Mar 2013, 01:42

ER and Dusk till Dawn did it for me, those tight pants, cropped hair, tattoo oooh oooh la la. And totally started lusting after him during his ER stint, used to so love the chemistry between him and Julianna - dreaming it was me. I started paying attention to every thing he was in from then on.

I watched every old movie I could when I was younger so developed a thing for Cary Grant, Rock Hudson, Paul Newman, Robert Redford to name but a few. When George is dressed all suave and sophisticated, for me he epitomises a little of the grace and magic of old Hollywood.

But as I grew up and matured my lust turned to admiration for all that he is trying to accomplish, simply put I think he is a decent man trying to do better for others, generous of spirit - but make no mistake the lust is still there....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:53

Hmm, why am I a George fan?

I liked his films - Out of Sight, Three Kings and I really enjoyed the chemistry between him and Julianna in ER.

But what clinched it for me was the first time I saw him in person. He passed right in front of me while I wasn't paying attention but then I heard a commotion and looked up and saw him just as he was passing in front of me. He looked at me and I was like a deer in the headlights - those long lashes and big brown eyes - that was it. I just stared at him and I think by the look on my face he must have realized I was dumbstruck and he smiled just a little - not a laugh but just a little smile - I didn't say anything as he kept walking by but it was something I've never forgotten.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:54

Remind me to never be anywhere in his vicinity without drugs or alcohol Lorna. If he had that affect on you...
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 27 Mar 2013, 03:58

OofOof wrote:Remind me to never be anywhere in his vicinity without drugs or alcohol Lorna. If he had that affect on you...

I've said this before, George is even better looking in person - if that could be possible but it's the truth.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by ktsue2002 Wed 27 Mar 2013, 08:18

Not worthy I agree. He is better looking in person. When I met him, that was definitely the truth. Shocked
ktsue2002
ktsue2002
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 27 Mar 2013, 08:37

I wrote something but if I tell the truth it's just to personal and I know that things get tweeted and go around the web. So I just can't post, sorry I tried to join in with everyone.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Wed 27 Mar 2013, 11:20

Mazy - not fair PM us pls
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down