George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney

+3
silly girl
LornaDoone
Nicky80
7 posters

Go down

Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney Empty Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 17:47

sandra bullock and julia roberts fight over george clooney

SANDRA Bullock and George Clooney are at war over George Clooney!

The longtime rivals want George to support them in their upcoming Academy Award campaigns – and neither woman wants to share the spotlight.

Sandra is hoping for a Best Actress gong, while Julia wants a Best Supporting Actress statue.

George is said to be caught in the middle because he starred with Sandra in the blockbuster hit Gravity and is a producer of Julia’s August: Osage County.

Julia, 46, has been pushing George hard to put in appearances with her instead of with Sandra, 49. But George did throw Sandra a bone when he revealed they’re in talks to do another movie together – and that news apparently set Julia off, reports the National Enquirer.

“Julia is being pretty unfair because George has spent far more time with her than Sandra,” said an insider.

“George doesn’t think Sandra needs any help because the buzz around Hollywood is that she’s a shoo-in for another Best Actress Oscar nomination.

“But that hasn’t stopped Julia from going green-eyed over last week’s new project announcement. There’s been a rivalry between the actresses for a long time.”

Sandra has been in Julia’s crosshairs ever since she was dubbed “the next Julia Roberts” following her breakout role in Speed in 1994.

After that, Julia opted out of two parts, including Sandra’s Golden Globe-nominated role in The Proposal and, most recently, Sandra’s Oscar-winning role in The Blind Side.

“Sandra always won out because she didn’t have the salary demands that Julia had, and that’s really irked Julia,” said the source.

“I don’t think George had any idea how deeply the bad feelings ran. The only saving grace for him now is hoping that Sandy rises above the fray like she always does.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney Empty Re: Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney

Post by LornaDoone Fri 03 Jan 2014, 17:53

If this is true, and that's always how to take these stories, i.e. with a grain of salt, but if true then I'd side with Sandra. 

Julia always seems like a smug bitch to me, but hey, maybe she's all sweetness and light and we just don't see that side of her.

Oh wait, she did marry a guy who she stole from another woman. Nevermind.  Smug bitch it is!  braahahaha
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney Empty Re: Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts Fight Over George Clooney

Post by silly girl Fri 03 Jan 2014, 17:57

Already debunked by Gossip Cop:

Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock Fighting Over George Clooney Oscar Race Support?
Truth rating: 0
George Clooney Julia roberts Sandra Bullock
6:50 pm, December 31st, 2013

(Getty Images)

“George Clooney is caught in the middle of a tug-of-war between two of Hollywood’s hottest leading ladies,” claims the National Enquirer.

Oh, what’s supposedly going on?

The tabloid explains, “Longtime rivals Julia Roberts and Sandra Bullock both want George to support them in their upcoming Academy Award campaigns — and neither woman wants to share the spotlight.”

According to the Enquirer, which recently (and wrongly) tried to link Clooney and Bullock in a romance, it doesn’t matter that Roberts and Bullock will likely be nominated in different categories.

“Sources say [Roberts] has been pushing George hard to put in appearances with her instead of with Sandra,” claims the outlet that loves nothing more than dragging Roberts into a phony “catfight” with another actress.

A so-called “insider” tells the Enquirer, “Julia is being pretty unfair because George has spent far more time with her than Sandra.”

Apparently, the possibility of a future Bullock-Clooney movie after their hit Gravity has Roberts “going green-eyed” with jealousy.

In their alleged rivalry, the Enquirer source explains, “Sandra always won out because she didn’t have the salary demands that Julia had, and that’s really irked Julia. I don’t think George had any idea how deeply the bad feelings ran.”

This is ridiculous.

The tabloids love a good fake controversy, especially between two famous women, and the idea that Clooney is in the middle of some Bullock-Roberts clash is simply not true.

A source close to the situation tells Gossip Cop the story is “preposterous.”

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 18:16

LornaDoone wrote:If this is true, and that's always how to take these stories, i.e. with a grain of salt, but if true then I'd side with Sandra. 

Julia always seems like a smug bitch to me, but hey, maybe she's all sweetness and light and we just don't see that side of her.

Oh wait, she did marry a guy who she stole from another woman. Nevermind.  Smug bitch it is!  braahahaha

Yes she stole a man from another woman and this woman didn't want to get divorced and then Julia once wore a T-shirt which said "A low Vera" (See pic below). She did that because she was pissed that the woman "Vera" didn't want to get divorced. People said that was the meanest thing she ever did in public.

And there was a time where she pulled back a bit from her career in the 90's and Sandra got some roles where Julia was suppose to be in it.

But of course, maybe the article it is not true at all.   Razz  Razz  Razz   But it is interesting
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Jan 2014, 19:02

Julia Roberts may be a bitch. Sandra Bullock could be sweetness personified. They might hate each other, and George Clooney could be clueless about the whole thing.

None of that makes the "catfight" story true.

All of these people have been in the business a long, long time. They all know how it works. And I'm not seeing any of them engaging in anything so juvenile.

George Clooney was a supporting actor in Gravity. He produced (i.e., found money for and at least approved casting for) August: Osage County. He's obligated to do everything he can for the fortunes of the movie he produced. But he may be contractually bound to do certain promotions for a movie he was in. It's show business at this point, not show friendship. He'll do whatever the hell he's supposed to do, and both JR and SB will accept and understand it. Friendships will be preserved, and pasts obviously unchanged.

This is ridiculous, and more than a little insulting and demeaning to women. Wasn't George nominated for Syriana the same year as Good Night, and Good Luck? (I know there were two noms in one year for something.) Were there any reports of 'dogfights' between the principals (men) of those projects? No. But get two A-list women involved, and tongues start wagging with gossip. It's part of the reason professional strides are so slow for women in the business. With women, it's about pasts and looks and private lives. With men, it's more about the work.

Sheesh.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 19:10

It is always like that and always will be doesn't matter what industry you are in. Women always have harder then men. Sad but true. That's why I admire strong woman who make they way up to the top but still be woman and not a bitch  Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 03 Jan 2014, 22:38

You know, what steams me the most is the very idea that these two women would need George Clooney or any other actor to campaign for them. Like her or not (I do), Julia Roberts is Hollywood elite, and her performance in A:OC speaks for itself and is worthy of every bit of praise it's getting. And, geez, we're talking about Sandra Effing Bullock, who's had a pretty damn good couple of years in the movies, and certainly a better year than George Clooney. Why would she have to ask him for anything? She was the star of the damn movie.

The very idea of gossip about these two talented, self-sufficient, long-successful actresses fighting each other over being chosen for a favor by George Clooney just pisses me off. If it's true, shame on them. If it's not, shame on the gossip-monger who put this lie out there. And a double pox on the writer's house if it's a woman.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 23:23

Very true. Like your last sentence   Thumbs up! 

Watching posted once a great article about female in film having a hard time. George and Sandra with the movie Gravity are mentioned. Worth to read. Even though Sandra made more money then George the name George was necessary to promote the film so Warner Bros.

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 04 Jan 2014, 00:23

@WTO4D...AMEN!!!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 04 Jan 2014, 03:34

Yes, thanks for that WtO4D.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 04 Jan 2014, 06:56

Yeah, thats just clap trap gossip. Pure and simple. George would not even want to dishonor either woman in such a way. They are both pretty good sports actually, but you are right about the thought. Both are very good at their jobs and could do the presentations of their films without his help. But as he was in Gravity, he may be at the table at the Oscars. Some articles have stated that he would be.

But then again, he may be busy. He's been one very busy fellow, and has little time for what gossips like to twirl on their rumor mill flag.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down