George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’

+9
Rachel
Carla97
Maggy
What Would He Say
LornaDoone
playfuldeb
it's me
melbert
Nicky80
13 posters

Go down

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  Empty George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’

Post by Nicky80 Sun 17 Nov 2013, 20:46

Ok don't kick my ass by posting that. But I felt kind of weird reading it so I thought I share the weirdness

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’

George Clooney impersonator says businessman offered to pay him to sleep with his wife for her 40th birthday as he couldn't get the Hollywood actor

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A George Clooney lookalike has revealed that he was once offered £5,500 to sleep with a man’s wife as part of her birthday celebrations.

Gary Tate claims to have lived a jet-set lifestyle imitating the Hollywood actor at events around the globe, but says the strangest request of his career came from London businessman who was organising his wife’s 40th birthday.

He said he was initially offered £5,000 to carry out the sleep with the married woman, he said.

Mr Tate, who owns a cleaning firm as his day job, told the Kentish Express: “When I asked why he would want me to do that he said ‘we have an open relationship, she’s mad about Clooney, and I can’t get him so I’m asking you’.

“When I turned him down, he upped his offer to £5,500. I ummed and ahhed about it. I was single at the time, so I wouldn’t have hurt anyone by doing it – but it just felt so wrong that I turned it down.”

The offer was not one of the highlights of his career, which have included an all expense two day trip to Las Vegas for two minutes work.

He has also made numerous TV appearances, featured in music videos, opened nightclubs and played cameo roles in films.

But the 56-year-old who lives in Ashford, Kent, is better known to his customers as the owner of Ashford cleaning firm Clooney's Cleaning.

He has been impersonating the Ocean’s Eleven star since 1997, when he first became famous for his role as Dr. Douglas "Doug" Ross on the long-running medical drama ER.

In 1998 he won a newspaper competition looking for Clooney lookalikes, and it was then that his career really took off, he says.

"Since then, I've lost count of the red carpets I've walked down, the limos I've ridden in, and the many countries around the world I've visited,” he added.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  Empty Re: George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’

Post by melbert Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:14

Nothing can replace the REAL thing!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  Empty Re: George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’

Post by it's me Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:28

sorry
I respect this man job
which took him lot of benefits too Very Happy
but no
it's absolutely not the same!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:42

LOL wwhs

Last edited by playfuldeb on Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:44; edited 1 time in total
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sun 17 Nov 2013, 21:43

where did her post go saying she needed an eye check on Tuesday ? (wwhs)
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 17 Nov 2013, 22:51

Clooney look-alike? Ah I don't see it! Should I squint my eyes kinda shut and find a way to rotate the picture cause if he's a Clooney look alike then "I" need to get my eyes checked too!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 18 Nov 2013, 01:00

playfuldeb wrote:where did her post go saying she needed an eye check on Tuesday ? (wwhs)

I suddenly thought ... what if he reads it (the eye test) .. or his Mum or Wife .... and they prob love the way he looks ... so I thought, wwhs you have been bold for no reason again, delete it straight away! I have no balls.... Embarassed 

I should take G's good advice "15 minutes and a thought process" (before I post)
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 18 Nov 2013, 01:02

He is a very nice man ... but no George Clooney !
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Mon 18 Nov 2013, 02:02

I'm glad you came back wwhs so the other posters don't think I'm out of my ever lovin mind
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 18 Nov 2013, 06:43

LornaDoone wrote:Clooney look-alike?  Ah I don't see it!  Should I squint my eyes kinda shut and find a way to rotate the picture cause if he's a Clooney look alike then "I" need to get my eyes checked too!
Haha, mine too!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 07:39

Well someone´s got to do it.
Must be busy man...Razz 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Mon 18 Nov 2013, 09:08

Vomit 1 buy a sleep for your wife with a George "look alike" how embarrassing is that! This man must have a perceptual disturbance, or do I need my eyes checked?
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 18 Nov 2013, 18:12

Rachel van Bersten wrote:Vomit 1 buy a sleep for your wife with a George "look alike" how embarrassing is that! This man must have a perceptual disturbance, or do I need my eyes checked?
Right the whole thing about that story is gross. Just me; also in my mind and heart there is not a resemblance to our G. Even if the features were correct (but not) there is a special something that George shines from his eyes, no one can copy. I suspect will be there well into his 90s and beyond.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:26

Okay what man even wants another one to sleep with his wife - that's off the charts weird to begin with, but the line I love the most is that they asked this guy as they couldn't get the Actor - hilarious.....
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Mon 18 Nov 2013, 21:56

Hey, have you seen the double?, Or we women are all blind or become, well, I have no words, this looks like George as a dog looks like a hamster!
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 18 Nov 2013, 22:03

lelacorb wrote:

Hey, have you seen the double?, Or we women are all blind or become, well, I have no words, this looks like George as a dog looks like a hamster!

Well maybe it is blindness or confusion........

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 18 Nov 2013, 22:11

well done!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

George Clooney lookalike ‘offered thousands to sleep with man’s wife’  Empty George Clooney lookalike offered £5,500 to sleep with businessman’s wife

Post by Katiedot Wed 20 Nov 2013, 10:47

I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting here saying "but he doesn't look anything like him!" am I?

Real-life indecent proposal: George Clooney lookalike offered £5,500 to sleep with businessman’s wife

Monday 18 Nov 2013

Double take: George Clooney and Gary Tate, but which is which? (Picture: SWNS)

A successful George Clooney lookalike has revealed how he was offered £5,000 by a businessman to sleep with his wife for her 40th birthday.

The conscientious doppelganger turned the money down because ‘it just felt so wrong’.

Gary Tate, 56, also runs a cleaning business – aptly titled Clooney’s Cleaning – despite turning up at countless red carpet events and glitzy balls over a 16-year period as George’s double.

‘I’ve been doing this since 1997. George was just starting to become famous as he had a major part in the TV programme ER, and that was when people started to comment on my similarity to him,’ Mr Tate said.

‘In 1998, the Sun newspaper did one of those “do you know anyone that looks like George” competitions. Out of thousands of pictures that were sent in, I won. My life as a lookalike started then.

‘Since then, I’ve lost count of the red carpets I’ve walked down, the limos I’ve ridden in, and the many countries around the world I’ve visited.’

Mr Tate – who lives in Ashford, Kent – was surprised, however, to have been asked by a man to sleep with his wife in return for thousands of pounds.

The lookalike was single at the time of the offer – six years ago – so considered the offer but ultimately turned it down.

‘When I asked why he would want me to do that he said “we have an open relationship, she’s mad about Clooney, and I can’t get him so I’m asking you”.’

‘When I turned him down, he upped his offer to £5,500. I ummed and ahhed about it [but] turned him down.’
Also, does anyone else wonder whether this businessman also approached George? And if so, how many other such requests does he get every month?!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 20 Nov 2013, 11:54

Already posted on another thread Katie.  But, you're right - not really seeing the similarities.  I want the real thing, not some wannabe.

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 20 Nov 2013, 18:22

Yep melbert, but if you are married why would you want either? Maybe better ran mackeeper or what ever you use to clean your head of "unwanted issues", boost the performance and safe the security...Very Happy 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down