George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

+18
Mazy
Missa
theminis
playfuldeb
blubelle
melbert
jd68
Rachel
What Would He Say
party animal - not!
Einstein
LornaDoone
George Fan
it's me
Joanna
Carla97
Nicky80
Katiedot
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

Post by LizzyNY Thu 24 Jul 2014, 00:53

Nope. You've done it to me often enough! Very Happy 
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter" - Page 2 Empty Re: George Clooney gives his opinion on twitter and facebook, says "anyone who is famous is a moron if they’re on Twitter"

Post by melbert Thu 24 Jul 2014, 01:28

PigPen wrote:PS... I love when you all rant.  You drive home your points, and still can make the glass of milk I'm drinking shoot out of my nose. TMI ??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 24 Jul 2014, 08:16

I really love you smiles Melbert, much cooler then what we got here  Coolio
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 24 Jul 2014, 16:41

LizzyNY wrote:I think he's right  - at least about Facebook - and it isn't just celebrities. I have a family member who recently gave birth to her first child. She didn't call anyone. She didn't send out announcements. She posted the news on her Facebook page -period!

Surprise, surprise! Half the family didn't know the baby was born and she couldn't understand why they weren't sending congratulations (and presents). Maybe if she had shown the same interest in us as she expected from us, she would have gotten a warmer response to the good news. Not everyone has the time or inclination to follow her life on a daily basis.

I think Facebook turns a lot of people into social morons.
(Sorry for the rant. I'm done.)
Not a rant, my dear.  You are absolutely right.  I've explored Facebook, and some of the constant drivel that people post is beyond the level of moron.  I wonder if they realize when someone goes for a new job, human resources goes on social media to see what that person is writing.  ie: bad mouthing a former boss, admitting to way beyond heavy partying, etc.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 24 Jul 2014, 17:03

I like some of the Amateur Photographer FB's
where one's own photos are shared and sometimes
discussed.
A jolly bunch are on one of my favourites.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sun 27 Jul 2014, 12:56

Mmmm, interesting comments from all of you....

I, personally think it is time to accept that there is a new order of communication....If you don't or can't trust yourself to say the right thing...there is a mode of Social Media for all....and as I said before, like it or not GC inc; is a business ....and one that may benefit very sweetly from a gentle hand in glove ...lol....random instagram account .....of course this could unleash the return of Mr Face.... I have no problem forgiving that post.

Just to put it in context.... Electricity was rolled out to all homes in my country in the 1950's, the government decreed  that every home would get two light bulb and one socket.....My Granddad told me many many people refused the socket....sure, what did they need that for?

I feel this is the stage we are at with Social Media....jmo
Thanks to all of you for yours.x
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 27 Jul 2014, 13:10

Hey wwhs that's a very interesting analogy with
electricity and I remember that change coming into home as a child !
Prior to that everything in our home was run by gas.

I can't imagine GTC ever using any form of
social media though.
There are enough fake ones already !  lol! 
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Jul 2014, 13:19

something you can't refuse
yep

you only need to cope with
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 27 Jul 2014, 14:36

And we will never know if he had one under a pseudonym.  That way he can access other FB and Twitter and keep abreast of things (if he wants to).  How many of you use a pseudonym for your accounts?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Jul 2014, 17:13

me Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 17:59

melbert wrote:And we will never know if he had one under a pseudonym.  That way he can access other FB and Twitter and keep abreast of things (if he wants to).  How many of you use a pseudonym for your accounts?

Yes I think this could be. Remember when Justin Bieber published a picture on Instagram or Twitter with his friend where their both were kissing the breast nipples of a stripper and George commented few days later about it? So he is aware what is happening....... I think he has a pseudonym to use the social media  Laughing
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 27 Jul 2014, 20:14

guess me too ...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2