George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Juliana & George still sign their emails Doug & Carol
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyYesterday at 21:58 by Ida

» Wolfs LA Premiere (people mag)
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyThu 19 Sep 2024, 14:26 by annemariew

» Sept 2024 people mag article on Kimmel parody
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyThu 19 Sep 2024, 11:14 by Ida

» Sept 18, 2024 Daily mail
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyThu 19 Sep 2024, 01:41 by Ida

» Lafarge (French cement company) paid Isis billions to stay on land. Amal on the case
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyWed 18 Sep 2024, 22:12 by annemariew

» Sept 2024- George & Rande in Malibu
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyWed 18 Sep 2024, 22:09 by annemariew

» Clooneys and family and friends in Venice
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyMon 16 Sep 2024, 23:07 by Ida

» The Political Rise of the Clooneys
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyThu 12 Sep 2024, 13:37 by party animal - not!

» Poking fun at Amals shoe wear
Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” EmptyThu 05 Sep 2024, 19:34 by benex

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College”

4 posters

Go down

Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” Empty Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College”

Post by laetval Mon 11 Nov 2013, 13:46

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The Britannia Awards do not exactly sit at the “popular kids table” in the Awards Show Cafeteria. They’re more likely sitting by themselves at the small table right by the weird potted plant. But that may soon change, as the event, hosted by B.A.F.T.A.-L.A., received a major jolt of star power this year in the form of Julia Roberts and George Clooney, both of whom are making the Oscar campaigning rounds (for August: Osage County, in which Roberts co-stars and which Clooney produced, as well as Clooney’s Gravity).

Roberts presented her old Ocean’s Twelve pal Clooney with the Stanley Kubrick Britannia Award for Excellence in Entertainment. (Leave it to George Clooney to win an award handed down by, named after, and presumably meant for a person from a country which he, as far as we know, has nothing to do with.) Roberts had some jokes of her own (“There are two obvious reasons I was chosen to do this. One, Brad Pitt was out of town and two, Matt Damon was in town but unavailable . . .”). She also read this wonderful letter which Meryl Streep had given her re: Clooney, involving an extended Clooney-as-lothario metaphor:

“George is like the dream boyfriend you have right out of college – sophisticated, older, knowledgeable about the ways of the world unlike all the callous, dopey undergraduates you so recently dated. And yet he is utterly, completely, thoroughly devoted, amazingly, to you. He calls, he writes, he charms, he disarms, you are in love, you are his socket. This is the guy. And then… you find out he has been hooking up in the past few months with women who look just like Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts and Valerie Jarett. You are shocked, shocked and yet somehow you can never ever be really mad at him. George is everywhere and all at once and somehow never shows a dent on his bumper.”
Can the Oscars please just consist of recitations of Meryl Streep letters about every nominee? There don’t even need to be any awards; just Meryl letters.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” Empty Re: Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College”

Post by silly girl Mon 11 Nov 2013, 14:26

Interesting comments....and probably so true.....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College” Empty Re: Meryl Streep on George Clooney: He’s “Like The Dream Boyfriend You Have Right Out of College”

Post by Nicky80 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 17:54

Thumbs up!
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 11 Nov 2013, 18:25

Second word I learned for this session

Lo·thar·i·o
A man who seduces women.

I have to be careful that I don´t use it in wrong context...Laughing 

Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down