George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity

+10
phys major
Katiedot
What Would He Say
silly girl
mosaic
NotAvailable
it's me
Joanna
Nicky80
Mazy
14 posters

Go down

George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity Empty George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 05:21

Just a little item that was in my email newsletter, didn't know where to put it. Here and then you can move it if you need to Katie.

George Clooney in Gravity (Oct. 4)
• Co-star: Sandra Bullock

• Director: Alfonso Cuarón

• Plot: While on a routine mission above Earth, debris from an orbiting satellite crashes into a space shuttle and leaves a veteran
astronaut (Clooney) on his final mission stranded in space with a medical engineer (Sandra Bullock) on her first cosmic outing.

• Breaking type: Usually, filmmakers trot out Clooney in all his Hollywood megastar glory. Cuarón instead put him in a confining spacesuit, though it didn’t hamper his acting chops. There are sequences where Clooney is trying to calm Bullock’s character and pull her to safety, and “from the moment in which you just hear his voice, there’s a certain gravitas to it,” the director says. “It’s a great moment of danger and he’s saying, ‘I’ve got you’ in a very warm kind of way. He’s scared but at the same time keeping a certain integrity.” Clooney also played through pain — in this case brought on by various rigs and contraptions for the space scenes. “You say, ‘George, are you sure you don’t want to…’ and he’s like, ‘I’m good.’ And then you hear that he got home and was in absolutely immense pain,” says Cuarón. “What I put him through, I don’t want to remind George about this because he still loves me a little bit.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:39; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed thread title and moved topic)
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity Empty Re: George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity

Post by Nicky80 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 09:27

Thanks Mazy, poor George was in pain Shocked  He always goes above and beyond.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity Empty Re: George Clooney was in pain while filming Gravity

Post by Joanna Wed 04 Sep 2013, 09:46

So maybe all commentators who complain that George looks old in some pictures will now shut up !

He's a real trouper and proved that while making 
Syriana and now again on Gravity.  Give Flowers2 ,

Just hope he has some easier film shoots in future.
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 09:54

So sad to hear that

Really so sad...
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:09

So... all those wild stories about how he likes all those crazy sexual positions, choking himself, in sexual rigs for special effects orgies, all hogwash!!! He doesn't like the pain I am sure. His body has to endure enough without all of that crazy crap. Think he prolly counts himself lucky if he can have things the normal way like everybody else. Paps like to stir up things just to sell magazines. It IS PR, but I think it wasn't asked for.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:12

Immense pain
Don't even want to know what exactly means.... Crying or Very sad 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:37

it's me wrote:Immense pain
Don't even want to know what exactly means.... Crying or Very sad 
It mean terrible pain which I understand all too well. My heart goes out to him. It's that old adage, don't judge someone until you walk in their shoes. You never know how someone is by what you see on the outside. God love him.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:43

It means there have been all sorts of lies. Most of the crap about his private life? Crap! I think the paps made up a lot of the so called stories from the girls in the early days. And they were prolly told to leave it alone with a 100 ft pole. Not deny or agree, as that tends to make the stories go wilder.

Seems to me there has been a lot of that thru the years. Lies. He has stated recently, that he doesn't bother to deny such trash, or inform of truth. If he says anything, it gets taken out of proper context anyway. So the lies end up seeming like he said them, when it was just made up.

I think he has prolly lived as normal a life as he could, considering he has had many dif GFs. That in itself creates many stories. But he always dated them for a short period of time and then out of them. Then he must start all over again. He must keep doing that, until he does find someone for himself, that he won't have to trade in. Not easy for him. Many issues, developed over time that has made his problem with finding someone, more complex.

You can just imagine what many of them could be...

Sorry, I don't mean to upset anyone. But I do think his life, tho it has had some partying from him, has been more toward the normal side, as far as GFs go. Bringing them onto carpets got the PR treatment, as started by paps, and he may have gotten the idea to use the PR in some ways to help his products and later to help bring out some causes, with his popularity.

One must STAY relevant to do that. I think he takes nothing for granted, so he keeps trying to keep himself popular to a level of confidence. For all the right things he wishes to do now, plus sell these more laid back type of films he enjoys to make. He doesn't sell BIG BOX Office films, and so these must get all the help they can to be seen.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 04 Sep 2013, 10:45

Altho i think Monuments Men will be a big one. And Gravity hot very well. You never know about the Sci-fi ones. They can tank at times.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 11:06

We can say all
And the exact contrary
And we will never know the truth

This is the truth!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by mosaic Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:22

Clooney also played through pain — in this case brought on by various rigs and contraptions for the space scenes. “You say, ‘George, are you sure you don’t want to…’ and he’s like, ‘I’m good.’ And then you hear that he got home and was in absolutely immense pain,” says Cuarón.
He probably doesn't say much to anyone because he doesn't' want pity. Pain is something that is very personal and people react to it in different ways.

mosaic
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:29

I wonder if that then if the surgery he had recently could be traced back to this? thanks for the info....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:44

silly girl wrote:I wonder if that then if the surgery he had recently could be traced back to this?  thanks for the info....
Hi SG...did I miss something....What surgery recently ??Shocked
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:58

Not recently
We heard nothing....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Wed 04 Sep 2013, 12:59

Mmmm
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 04 Sep 2013, 13:02

I meant his most recent surgery on his elbow...wow just realized it is almost two years ago....time flies....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 04 Sep 2013, 14:26

Here? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 14:56

Time flies.....
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by phys major Wed 04 Sep 2013, 15:18

I am going to go out on a limb here..George was checking out the various rings and contraptions to incorporate into his sex orgies...
What better way to check out new apparatuses and also get paid!!!Kinky  In the long run "what's a little pain"..Nothing a bottle of tequila won't fix!!  """" Oooh baby come to Momma"""" I didn't take all those" Cirque Du Soleil" classes for Nothing!! LOL
phys major
phys major

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Wed 04 Sep 2013, 17:19

Sex orgies?
By no means I´d be interested knowing anymore about such
(nervous, bashful, bookish, blushing) Embarassed 

I thought party in the kitchen is the wildest it can get Razz 
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Wed 04 Sep 2013, 18:56

Used to think this is his chronic pain...?
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 20:17

Pari wrote:Used to think this is his chronic pain...?
Yes I think so. If his scare from the tear goes from one end of his spine to the other and he still periodical has to get the "blood patches," I think that would be one cause of his pain. Hanging like that would also trigger his migraines. He has many reasons for the pain just being upright for too long a time I think by evening he would be in pain anyway. His body has had many many problems from childhood on. He has "chronic pain," like Pari says. Also he doesn't as a rule take too many pain killers.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 21:23

Why chronic ? How can you say?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 04 Sep 2013, 22:40

it's me wrote:Why chronic ? How can you say?
When you have conditions that are not going to and they produce pain, it is chronic pain. In other words he will always have pain. I have Spinal Stenosis which causes pain all the time and gets worse when I over do things or don't do enough moving. It will never get better only worse because it is a degenerative disease. Now from what I know George is most likely worse than when he first got the surgery. Those areas will get arthritic and slowly progress to other conditions, because our bodies naturally get these things where an injury has occurred, also it's a normal part of aging.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 04 Sep 2013, 23:42

Oh damn

But what the hell
There are so many disease....
He can have some specific one

Maybe not
We are only guessing... We can't know
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 05 Sep 2013, 02:01

There is an actual condition called Chronic Pain Syndrome and it can be very debilitating. George seems to be able to work through most of his pain. Of course, we don't see him when he's "down".
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 05 Sep 2013, 03:49

It's Me: he doesn't have a disease (as far as we know). He seriously damaged himself during Syriana filming and has said since then that he gets pain by the end of the day. It's something they can't fix and he has to live with it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 05 Sep 2013, 09:42

I know
We can add some malaria too
Hope meds works on it
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 06 Sep 2013, 05:05

Joanie's Clone wrote:Altho i think Monuments Men will be a big one. And Gravity hot very well. You never know about the Sci-fi ones. They can tank at times.
Given the range of publications that are calling this film transcendent and  scoring it 100 out of a possible 100 I don't think it's going to tank.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 06 Sep 2013, 05:29

LornaDoone wrote:
Joanie's Clone wrote:Altho i think Monuments Men will be a big one. And Gravity hot very well. You never know about the Sci-fi ones. They can tank at times.
Given the range of publications that are calling this film transcendent and  scoring it 100 out of a possible 100 I don't think it's going to tank.
I agree with that and it's wonderful, however I would like to see Monuments Men come out even better ;~})
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 06 Sep 2013, 08:35

Agree Mazy, because it is HIS baby. Let's hope for the best Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 06 Sep 2013, 11:57

Oh, I didn't mean that I thought Gravity would tank. I mean in general, those films in the Sci-fi genre do tank a lot. They have to be done with all the flair that Gravity included in its techniques and film skill. I agree about the 100%, because it does look like ti has gotten everything they wanted with it, for the screening. Great reviews from the critics, which effects sales at the box office. And yes, I want his Monuments Men to do better. Smile
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down