George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013

+9
Mazy
it's me
Katiedot
party animal - not!
chiki
Joanna
Nicky80
silly girl
erik23
13 posters

Go down

george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 Empty george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013

Post by erik23 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:11

Clooney discover its flaws

On the set of his next film as a director, one of the icons of Hollywood is confessed as a workaholic full of insecurities and shortcomings that only he seems to see.

Billy Wilder made ​​it clear at the end of Some Like It Hot: "Nobody's perfect." But to the great masters of cinema wrong. "What can I say. I know him for 12 years and I have not yet found a failure, "he confirms Matt Damon.

We talked about that other icon of contemporary Hollywood, George Clooney. The perfect man and the most handsome head. That in addition to actor, producer, screenwriter, uncompromising Democrat, benefactor of causes that others believe and bachelor lost to death, he says. We spoke with Damon on the set of his latest film, The monuments men,

Clooney's new job as a filmmaker and the sixth film that Damon and him do together. The place? Lost somewhere in the mountains of what was East Germany. A place that just needs transformation to become the setting for this film about a real chapter of World War II: that group of American soldiers who are dedicated to protecting European cultural heritage Allied bombs, looting and the destruction of a retreating Nazi army and the imminent arrival of Russian soldiers.

As a new storm threat of the plague carrying with snow, and cold water throughout the shoot, the jewel in discussion is that diamond in the rough called Clooney. "I would tell you otherwise. Do not be a cliché. But I can only confirm that it is a great friend. And really, one of the best directors I've worked with, "Damon admits almost apologetically. "Incredibly generous, which sometimes, as a friend, it's frustrating because you can not be at its height. And the older

Clearly, if you have to find a crack in that monster that Clooney has become, this is not where we will find it. Perhaps the other side of the globe, the mecca of the geeks at Comic Con in San Diego (USA), a world to which the actor belongs (his only film as a superhero, Batman and Robin, was his most resounding failure ) and nobody owes you anything. In fact, the actor or step on the convention floor to present his upcoming acting, Gravity, film in which her ​​only co-star is Sandra Bullock. "George is an artist and could not be anything else. He lives in a world where art not only feeds him, but he makes it big. I say this with confidence because we go way back, long before any of us have a career, "she defends her friend Sandy., more handsome. Incredible, "he adds as the only faults achacándole frustration generated by the perfection of Clooney

Let's try someone outside his circle, as Alexander Payne. At the end of the day, the director of The Descendants was one of the few people that Clooney told no. It was with Sideways, when Payne gave the role to Thomas Haden Church despite how much the Ocean's Eleven hunk fought for it. "The character was not for him, but I kept wanting to work with someone as affable and nobody has anything bad to say. Do not let me down. Also was the ideal person to push an independent film in the commercial landscape, "says an experience that Clooney took his third Oscar nomination for best actor statuette won as best performer of sharing with other like Syriana and Best Producer with Argo

Is there anyone who has anything bad to say about Clooney? "I called to hire me as a potential alternate theatrical guy named George Clooney and his cousin, Miguel Ferrer. Is that TV pretty boy?, I said I was not willing to spend the topic and I was upset because the work had to have been mine. And while I saw him angry growling in a trial. I realized that the chavalito was very good. I hated him even more.What a bastard! Besides being a lovely guy. It was years ago, but nothing has changed, "he recounts his adventures Bryan Cranston, now also on the crest of the wave, he had the opportunity to get even when Clooney hired him to join the cast of Argo.

The last resort is to address Clooney himself, find cracks in your house that nobody has found. In person, the beam Clooney is even more difficult to avoid. A bear hug, two kisses as if we knew of a lifetime and a "how exciting!, How do you here?" Disarms one from the zero. A comment that falls into the feigned naivete considering that the "here" is an old mine in Bad Grund (Germany), a set in which it is impossible to enter without permission. Or without a map to take you to a place more like Mordor. "We've had worse days. Days on which actors should ask not breathe while filming so as not to see the steam. The worst spring since 1860, "says one of those half-truths of a master in the art of changing the subject to take the conversation to their land. "Yes, the food is still bad. Never mind it cool, and do not have to eat it "continues his game.

Speaking during the only minutes that allowed a break in a film where he is also a producer and screenwriter along with his friend Grant Heslov, a shoot that as in all his films themselves get complete five days before and under budget (3, € 75 million less than the budgeted 56.5). All thanks to not take a break. Not to celebrate his 52 birthday, a figure that surprised him in Berlin. "We shot all day. That was my party. You have time to celebrate. Or are you my present? "Adds flirt, more like Cary Grant than ever thanks to that little mustache of time it takes for a film in which he also worked as an actor. I'd rather not have, he says.

It takes years saying he wants to leave the interpretation to devote himself to directing, what you enjoy. But he knows that without the camera before funding is more difficult. In addition, their desire for Daniel Craig was ruined because the current James Bond had to take a break between filming and his wife, actress Rachel Weisz, was going to kill.

The man who won the Oscar for best film in early 2013, later this year plans to release The monuments men, Gravity and, as a producer, August: Osage County, another movie that smells prize with Julia Roberts and Meryl Streep in its distribution. Perhaps this is the crack of Clooney, who is a workaholic.

But it is an open secret that he himself has acknowledged before explaining why his boisterous love life. "After two or three years get tired of my travels, of my work. Do not blame them, "he said on one occasion without showing any purpose of amendment. Bob Balaban, co-star in The monuments men, confirms that dedication. "I came with everything perfectly clear. Insurance is pulled until five in the morning working, but the shooting gets so happy, "he says.

Instead of blush, opt for acceptance. He does not mind being the one who describe their faults. For example, under the George Clooney safe, with success, the man capable of anything, do it right and take the girl well below the millionaire benefactor, hides an insecure, do not sleep well and fears of failure. "Everyone has their insecurities, right? And as a director I made big mistakes. As an actor too, "he says. And who draws in those moments? "To my friends. Who else? I rodeo employees, but friends. People I've known for 30 years. From my family. And I can assure you not spend the day telling me I'm a perfect type "sums of their secret weapon.

Cate Blanchett, who just premiered the work probably closer to his new Oscar, Blue Jasmine, under the orders of Woody Allen, also part of the cast of The monuments men. He laughs at the great differences of the two men who this year have turned their life. An affectionate laughter from which among its directors also more alike those seen with the naked eye. "Beyond the obvious, what damn ugly it is George, both Woody and his lack of pretentiousness. People practice their method of work and no divas. People loyal, intelligent and unpretentious ", summarizes the actress

What of the claim is hard to believe when Clooney takes years selling us what you want, from coffee pods to the tequila of his friend Rande Gerber. Or when we realize that the actor remembered for goodwill gestures such as marathons organized to help the victims of 11-S or the earthquake in Haiti has three mansions, his home in Los Angeles, his palazzo on Lake as an Italian and the other in Cabo (Mexico) -. Mansions in hosting presidents, and dinner which organized last year for Barack Obama and for gross proceeds of € 11.3 million for his re-election, or convinces the studio bosses to get their films .

"That's where Grant [Heslov] and I wrote The monuments men," says Clooney of his Italian villa. "We did it by hand, we started notebooks of leaves and stick the pieces. Literally. Cut scenes here and paste there. And when we tacked, we print it and reading all the characters playing "details about his working method."

In those that Sony was making one of his European press tour and invite them to come. There were Michael Linton, Amy Pascal, Doug Belgrad and half a dozen other senior executives of study who sat on that giant pergola at home there for more than eight hours I played them all movie roles. When we finished we were given the green light, "recalls the performer and director.

Pretentious? Can. But in these mansions Clooney also lives the ordinary. Whoever joins Heslov, Gerber and another of his best friends, Richard Kind, to see the Super Bowl. The Armani Clooney and red carpet this year called the king of the Oscar, that to which the UN appointed Messenger of Peace and in 2012 was arrested for protesting the Sudanese Embassy in Washington, is also the king of television , a dumb box that likes to have on even when you sleep and where your favorite programs beyond sports broadcasts are comedies to Modern Family, pedestrian humorous satires like The soup or reality shows like Jersey shore. It is true that your house has a 3D cinema and a good cellar among the amenities of a Tudor mansion built 690 square meters on two levels, with a basketball court in which he threw some hoops with Obama and Tobey Maguire , and received the night before about 150 friends close to the president, although that listed only offered a dinner invitation to "Barack and George". All guests, including Obama, got there through that sign that reads "Attention: pigs crossing", the last memory is of Max, his pet pig for years. Clooney has matured and now prefers the company of his dog, a black cocker spaniel named Einstein (ironically, her neighbor's dog, also a spaniel, called Clooney)

The house is the same as Stevie Nicks bought in 1995 for 737,500 euros at the beginning of his television fame in the ER. Not moved, despite being "the other side" of the Hollywood Hills and instead of looking to Beverly Hills has its sights to the more pedestrian and populous San Fernando Valley. Neither has changed its content. His most precious objects in addition to its Oscars, are a pair of ties that belonged to JFK and that photo with Obama that the graphic artist Shepard Fairey used for the iconic HOPE poster, probably the only photo that has been deleted Clooney . "A Michael Smith, in charge of decorating the White House, we should have to give it because the first thing I said was that it looked like a student flat so I was on the walls. It became clear that I will never be an art collector, "he says now away from home while saving in fiction some of the great works of world painting. On the walls hang also popular version of the poster poster made ​​Clooney, though his reads DOPE (Stupidity).But all is not gold that glitters.

Despite what his image suggests, the star is very far from being the highest grossing (an honor that this year was for Natalie Portman and Shia LaBeouf), or the highest paid (mention goes to Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio and Adam Sandler).

"The last time I cashed a paycheck advance Hollywood was with The Perfect Storm," recalls casually to their income. Talk of the nearly 10 million which claimed in 2000. Since then he seems motivated by money and is used to defer his salary just to bring up the film in which he believes. As he says, is enough, and if you need an extra, you can always make an announcement. His Italian villa is paid (cost 5.6 million euros, half of what was expected), and to fund its work in Africa, specifically in Sudan, there are other forms of financing.

As Obama said during his tenure in Los Angeles, Clooney is someone "in a perpetual state of grace who uses his talent to what is really important." "A good man and a good friend," he added only to be refuted by his wife, Michelle Obama, adding "pretty well."Because all of you look at the style of this gallant, chosen as the most elegant of the evening even when time and again wore the same tuxedo. "I labor with that story. You now have more choice, but spent five or six years on the list of the best dressed in the same outfit, "laughs Damon, a connoisseur of many of the secrets of Clooney.

To which we usually do not pay as much attention is the pupae Clooney, someone who suffers chronic pain from his fall while filming Syriana and that caused a spill in the backbone of which is still suffering, especially when long in the same position. Someone who already has a couple of serious attacks of malaria, which he contracted during his travels to Sudan, and has a fairly high cholesterol. "More than I want to admit," he laughs while looking at the fried sausage on a menu that still will try.

He looks thinner, but what is striking is that wedding ring that looks. He notices the look and laughs. "It's the same every day. Every time I wear the ring for my part I see how all eyes are fixed on my finger, "describes who just made official its latest break Stacy Keibler, almost 20 years younger than him and the last of a long list of girlfriends since he was separated from his only wife, Talia Balsam, and swear not to remarry.

That dedication that others put in the family it is offered to the movies, shooting like The monuments men, which states implement everything he could "steal" the directors he admires, from Sidney Lumet to Steven Soderbergh, and that pays more than the sacrifices they make. "So I'm not complaining, because this life is not a bed of roses," he laughs.

If you do not sleep well, that's what his fellow every night, a notebook and a pen with which traps the ideas not let him sleep, he says.Clooney is among those who believe that patience is overrated, and he certainly does not. It has other flaws, that well-known. "I am one who is easily trust, but not that you gave my portfolio to the first. Only I prefer to think well of entry ". "I do not like to exercise or go to the gym. I prefer basketball or cycling, but during filming I have to do or the thing goes off. Anyway, try not to spend not eating or drinking, "explains a man who, despite the fame of animal, which is usually recognized at ten in bed. "I have other vices. As vegetate on weekends eating junk and watching television in the world worse. I like to sleep more, but I'm content watching the crazy things I've written over night fruit of alienation that cause me sleeping pills. Quickly lose patience and say what I have attention deficit syndrome. But mostly I feel intimidated by the talent around me healthy envy, and I have fear of failure. "

That said, nothing better than having Clooney for his faults. Yes, any of the cracks mentioned do little effect on the other. In a recent survey in England, George Clooney came out as the favorite fantasies of married women over Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Daniel Craig and David Beckham. And they are many who agree with Billy Wilder to accept that nobody is perfect.
Not even Clooney.

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:10; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added spaces in the text to make it easier to read)

erik23
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 Empty Re: george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013

Post by erik23 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:15

This story was made into a Spanish magazine, I translated the best I could

erik23

Back to top Go down

george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013 Empty Re: george clooney report, EL PAÍS SEMANAL. Spain, August 2013

Post by silly girl Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:39

It was great...thanks for translating....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:48

Thanks for the artical.

"Not to celebrate his 52 birthday, a figure that surprised him in Berlin. "We shot all day. That was my party. You have time to celebrate. Or are you my present? "Adds flirt,"

Did he really say to the journalist as a joke when they talked about his birthday "Or are you my present? " LOL too funny. I want to be his present hahahaha
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 26 Aug 2013, 10:54

Very interesting article, thanks for finding it.

Who wants perfect ??
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by chiki Mon 26 Aug 2013, 11:09

Thanks for translating, great job Wink

chiki
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 26 Aug 2013, 11:10

MMm, excellent (Ha! See what I did there?). Wonder how many times he's used that line? Smooth operator..............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:11

Many thanks for this, Erik! I've just reformatted the text so it's easier to read.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:29

high cholesterol him too? Bad.....

"I do not like to exercise or go to the gym. I prefer basketball or cycling, but during filming I have to do or the thing goes off. Anyway, try not to spend not eating or drinking" explains a man who, despite the fame of animal, which is usually recognized at ten in bed.

"I have other vices. As vegetate on weekends eating junk and watching television in the world worse. I like to sleep more, but I'm content watching the crazy things I've written over night fruit of alienation that cause me sleeping pills.

Quickly lose patience and say what I have attention deficit syndrome. But mostly I feel intimidated by the talent around me healthy envy, and I have fear of failure. "

Really interesting!!!!!! An open heart interview....

But was it really true?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:34

I know the comment with the sleeping pills is a bit weird as he mentioned in older interviews he doesn't like them as he knows what it can make out of someone. Or maybe he meant the pain killers in older interviews. Who knows.....Or maybe he meant "the painkillers thing" as a joke and it didn't come accross because of the translation?????

This Cholesterol was new to me too. Guess many people have it anyway.

Yes interesting "open heart" interview.......

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:35; edited 1 time in total
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:34

Btw it's really relaxing to know he is normal too!!

Junk food and tv ! cheers 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 13:35

Yeah I know reminded me of my last weekend LOL
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 26 Aug 2013, 15:14

He is a true creative person, he has to create it is part of his soul. I dread the day when he stops acting. Thank you so much for this article, I don't think he meant sleeping pills they cloud your mind too much. That doesn't seem like him.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by erik23 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 17:30

In the interview in Spanish magazine, he says sleeping pills, I speak Spanish

erik23

Back to top Go down

Post by Catie Mon 26 Aug 2013, 18:08

Thanks for the article erik23! Interesting.
Catie
Catie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 26 Aug 2013, 20:16

erik23 wrote:In the interview in Spanish magazine, he says sleeping pills, I speak Spanish
Erik I'm sure that you translated everything correctly, however sometimes sleeping pill meaning a night cap or even the TV. It's just that we know that George has an aversion to certain types of drugs. Or it could mean that he has no choice once in awhile does take a pill. I personally doubt it because he does have a drink or two with dinner and they don't go well together.. But I'm sure you have translate everything and thank you so much
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Mon 26 Aug 2013, 21:06

Well I understand the tv part well. Maybe he is using TV to cope the work stress or something. I know when I feel overwhelmed I just want to put on a TV late at night after bath to distract myself, tired but can´t sleep, too wired. Nothing complicated, that requires consentration, some stupid show will do. Smile
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 27 Aug 2013, 17:47

He looks thinner, but what is striking is that wedding ring that looks. He notices the look and laughs. "It's the same every day. Every time I wear the ring for my part I see how all eyes are fixed on my finger, "

Poor guy!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Tue 27 Aug 2013, 20:08

Ive heard that George does take sleeping pills at times.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:14

Yeah I heard he takes them too, but not as a rule. desperate for sleep when he does it.

watches TV at night because it helps his mind go blanker, prolly. I am awake a lot to. Too much thinking. Prolly his prob too.  And when he wore that ring during filming MM, he was getting stared at a lot. We were some of those noticing it. Remember our comments at the time? But we all knew it was for the film. But some ppl may have wondered if it had other significance. You know ppl's minds and where they'll go to at times... "oh, hes getting married" (in a high emotional kind of voice) or "I heard George Clooney was married and just now letting the world see..." (in a falsetto tone, because its lying thru its teeth) Hehehehehehehehe I can imagine the things ppl may have been saying on a lot of the blogs and sites. But I don't bother reading them, so I missed any such irrelevant trivia.

But can you imagine how it made some women's hearts beat ever so faster and louder? Like bang! bang! BANG! With them thinking, if only I could get him to put one on me too plus that darling lil finger of his....... lol hahahaha not to laugh ant any woman's misery if she does that number to herself, but any of them that think that way, need to examine every word he's EVER said.

Last edited by Joanie's Clone on Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:30; edited 2 times in total
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:17

I think this is the original article:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney descubre sus defectos

En pleno rodaje de su próximo filme como director, uno de los iconos de Hollywood se confiesa como un adicto al trabajo lleno de inseguridades y carencias que solo él parece ver

ROCÍO AYUSO 26 AGO 2013 - 00:00 CET

Billy Wilder lo dejó claro al final de Con faldas y a lo loco: “Nadie es perfecto”. Pero hasta los grandes maestros del cine se equivocan. “Qué quieres que te diga. Yo le conozco desde hace 12 años y todavía no le he encontrado una falta”, me confirma Matt Damon. Hablamos de ese otro icono del Hollywood contemporáneo, George Clooney. El hombre perfecto y el director más guapo del mundo. Eso además de actor, productor, guionista, demócrata a ultranza, benefactor de causas que otros creen perdidas y soltero hasta la muerte, dice. Hablamos con Damon en el rodaje de su última película, The monuments men, el nuevo trabajo de Clooney como realizador y la sexta película que Damon y él hacen juntos. ¿El lugar? Algún punto perdido entre las montañas de lo que fue la Alemania del Este. Un paraje que apenas necesita transformación para convertirse en el escenario de este filme sobre un capítulo real de la Segunda Guerra Mundial: ese grupo de soldados estadounidenses que se dedicó a proteger el patrimonio cultural europeo de las bombas aliadas, del saqueo y la destrucción de un ejército nazi en retirada y de la inminente llegada de los soldados rusos.

Mientras amenaza una nueva borrasca de las que llevan azotando con nieve, agua y frío todo el rodaje, la joya en discusión es ese diamante en bruto llamado Clooney. “Me gustaría decirte otra cosa. No ser un cliché. Pero solo te puedo confirmar que es un amigo espectacular. Y, de verdad, uno de los mejores directores con los que he trabajado”, admite Damon casi disculpándose. “Increíblemente generoso, lo que en ocasiones, como amigo, es frustrante porque no puedes estar a su altura. Y cuanto más viejo, más guapo. Increíble”, añade achacándole como únicas faltas la frustración que genera la perfección de Clooney.

“Es un amigo espectacular y uno de los mejores directores con los que he trabajado”, dice de él Matt Damon
Está claro que si hay que buscar una grieta en ese monstruo en el que Clooney se ha convertido, no es aquí donde vamos a encontrarla. Quizá al otro lado del globo, en la meca de los frikis, en la Comic Con de San Diego (Estados Unidos), un universo al que el actor no pertenece (su única película como superhéroe, Batman y Robin, fue su fracaso más sonado) y donde nadie le debe nada. De hecho, el actor ni pisa el suelo de la convención para presentar su próximo estreno como actor, Gravity, película en la que su única compañera de reparto es Sandra Bullock. “George es un artista y no podría ser otra cosa. Vive en un mundo donde el arte no solo le alimenta, sino que él lo hace más grande. Lo digo con toda tranquilidad porque nos conocemos desde hace mucho, mucho antes de que cualquiera de nosotros tuviera una carrera”, le defiende su amiga Sandy.

Probemos con alguien que no pertenezca a su círculo, como Alexander Payne. Al fin y al cabo, el realizador de Los descendientes fue una de las pocas personas que le dijeron a Clooney que no. Fue con Entre copas, cuando Payne le dio el papel a Thomas Haden Church a pesar de lo mucho que el galán de Ocean’s eleven luchó por él. “El personaje no era para él, pero me quedé con las ganas de trabajar con alguien tan afable y del que nadie tiene nada malo que decir. No me defraudó. Además fue la persona idónea para empujar una película independiente en el panorama comercial”, relata de una experiencia que llevó a Clooney a su tercera candidatura al Oscar como mejor actor, estatuilla que ha ganado como mejor intérprete de reparto con Syriana y otra como mejor productor con Argo.

¿Hay alguien que tenga algo malo que decir de Clooney? “Me llamaron para contratarme como posible suplente teatral de un chaval llamado George Clooney y de su primo, Miguel Ferrer. ¿Ese niño bonito de televisión?, les dije que no estaba dispuesto a pasar del tema y me enfadé porque el trabajo tenía que haber sido mío. Y mientras gruñía airado le vi en un ensayo. Me di cuenta de que el chavalito era muy bueno. Le odié todavía más. ¡Qué cabrón! Además de ser un tipo encantador. Fue hace muchos años, pero nada ha cambiado”, recuenta sus aventuras Bryan Cranston, ahora también en la cresta de la ola, que tuvo la oportunidad de desquitarse cuando Clooney le contrató para formar parte del reparto de Argo.

El último recurso es abordar al propio Clooney, buscar en su casa las grietas que nadie ha sabido encontrar. En persona, el rayo Clooney es todavía más difícil de evitar. Un abrazo de oso, dos besos como si nos conociéramos de toda la vida y un “¡qué ilusión!, ¿cómo usted por aquí?” desarma a una desde el minuto cero. Un comentario que cae en la ingenuidad fingida teniendo en cuenta que el “por aquí” es una antigua mina en Bad Grund (Alemania), un set en el que es imposible entrar sin su autorización. O sin un mapa que te lleve hasta un lugar más parecido a Mordor. “Hemos tenido días peores. Días en los que debía pedirles a los actores que no respiraran mientras rodaban para que no se viera el vaho. La peor primavera desde 1860”, dice con una de esas medias verdades de un maestro en el arte de cambiar de tema para llevar la conversación a su terreno. “Eso sí, la comida sigue siendo mala. No te importe que se enfríe, así no tenemos que comerla”, continúa su juego.

George Clooney, en el rodaje de 'The monuments men', película que dirige, coguioniza y aparece como actor. / PAUL HENNESSY (CORDON PRESS)
Habla durante los únicos minutos en los que se permite un respiro en un rodaje donde también es productor y guionista junto con su amigo Grant Heslov, un rodaje que como en todos sus filmes propios conseguirá concluir cinco días antes y por debajo del presupuesto (3,75 millones de euros menos de los 56,5 presupuestados). Todo gracias a no tomarse un descanso. Ni para celebrar su 52 cumpleaños, cifra que le sorprendió en Berlín. “Rodamos todo el día. Esa fue mi fiesta. Ya tendré tiempo de celebrarlo. ¿O es usted mi regalo?”, añade ligón, más parecido que nunca a Cary Grant gracias a ese bigotito de época que lleva para un filme en el que también trabaja como actor. Preferiría no haberlo hecho, dice. Lleva años diciendo que quiere dejar la interpretación para dedicarse por completo a dirigir, lo que más disfruta. Pero sabe que sin él delante de la cámara la financiación es más difícil. Además, su deseo de contar con Daniel Craig se fue al traste porque el James Bond actual tenía que tomarse un respiro entre rodajes o su esposa, la también actriz Rachel Weisz, le iba a matar.

El hombre que se llevó el Oscar a la mejor película a principios de 2013, para finales de este año piensa estrenar The monuments men, Gravity y, como productor, August: Osage County, otra película que huele a premio con Julia Roberts y Meryl Streep en su reparto. Quizá esta es la fisura de Clooney, que es un adicto al trabajo. Pero es un secreto a voces porque él mismo lo ha reconocido antes explicando el porqué de su estrepitosa vida amorosa. “Al cabo de dos o tres años se cansan de mis viajes, de mi trabajo. No las culpo”, dijo en una ocasión sin demostrar ningún propósito de enmienda. Bob Balaban, compañero de reparto en The monuments men, corrobora esa dedicación. “Te viene con todo perfectamente claro. Seguro que se tira hasta las cinco de la mañana trabajando, pero al rodaje llega tan contento”, afirma.

En lugar de ruborizarse, opta por la aceptación. No le importa ser él quien describa sus faltas. Por ejemplo, que debajo del George Clooney seguro, con éxito, del hombre capaz de todo, hacerlo bien y además llevarse a la chica, debajo del benefactor y millonario, se esconde alguien inseguro, que no duerme bien y que teme al fracaso. “Todo el mundo tiene sus inseguridades, ¿no? Y como director he cometido grandes errores. Como actor también”, confiesa. ¿Y a quién recurre en esos momentos? “A mis amigos. ¿A quién si no? No me rodeo de empleados, sino de amigos. Gente que conozco desde hace 30 años. De mi familia. Y te puedo asegurar que no se pasan el día diciéndome que soy un tipo perfecto”, resume de su arma secreta.

Todo el mundo tiene sus inseguridades. Como director he cometido grandes errores. Como actor, también”
Cate Blanchett, que acaba de estrenar el trabajo que probablemente la acercará a su nuevo Oscar, Blue Jasmine, a las órdenes de Woody Allen, también forma parte del reparto de The monuments men. Se ríe de las grandes diferencias de los dos hombres que este año han dirigido su vida. Una risa cariñosa desde la que también encuentra entre sus directores más parecidos de los que se aprecian a simple vista. “Más allá de lo obvio, de lo condenadamente feo que es George, tanto Woody como él carecen de pretenciosidad. Gente práctica en su método de trabajo y nada divos. Gente leal, inteligente y sin pretensiones”, resume la actriz.

Lo de las pretensiones se hace difícil de creer cuando Clooney lleva años vendiéndonos lo que quiere, desde café en cápsulas hasta el tequila de su amigo Rande Gerber. O cuando nos damos cuenta de que el actor recordado por gestos de buena voluntad como los maratones que organizó para ayudar a las víctimas del 11-S o del terremoto de Haití posee tres mansiones –su vivienda en Los Ángeles, su palazzo en el lago de Como italiano y otra en Cabo (México)–. Mansiones en las que recibe a presidentes, como la cena que le organizó el año pasado a Barack Obama y con la que recaudó 11,3 millones de euros para su reelección, o en las que convence a los jefes de estudio para sacar adelante sus películas. “Allí es donde Grant [Heslov] y yo escribimos The monuments men”, señala Clooney de su villa italiana. “Lo hicimos a mano, en cuadernos de los que arrancamos las hojas y pegamos los trozos. Literalmente. Cortamos escenas aquí y las pegamos allá. Y cuando lo tenemos hilvanado, lo imprimimos y hacemos una lectura interpretando todos los personajes”, detalla sobre su método de trabajo.

“En esas que Sony estaba haciendo una de sus giras de prensa europeas y les invitamos a venir. Allí estuvieron Michael Linton, Amy Pascal, Doug Belgrad y otra media docena de altos ejecutivos del estudio a los que senté en esa pérgola gigante que hay en casa y durante más de ocho horas les interpreté todos los papeles de la película. Cuando acabamos nos habían dado luz verde”, recuerda el intérprete y director.

Grant Heslov, Ben Affleck y George Clooney, productores de 'Argo', tras ganar el Oscar a la mejor película. / PAUL HENNESSY (CORDON PRESS)
¿Pretencioso? Puede. Pero en estas mansiones también vive el Clooney de a pie. El que se junta con Heslov, Gerber y otro de sus mejores amigos, Richard Kind, a ver la Super Bowl. El Clooney de Armani y alfombra roja al que este año llamaron el rey del Oscar, ese al que la ONU nombró mensajero de la paz y que en 2012 fue detenido por protestar ante la Embajada de Sudán en Washington, es también el rey de la televisión, una caja tonta que le gusta tener encendida incluso cuando duerme y donde sus programas favoritos más allá de las retransmisiones deportivas son comedias a lo Modern family, sátiras de humor pedestre tipo The soup o reality shows como Jersey shore. Es cierto que su casa cuenta con una sala de cine 3D y una buena bodega entre las amenidades de una mansión estilo Tudor de 690 metros cuadrados construida en dos niveles, con una cancha de baloncesto en la que se echó unas canastas con Obama y Tobey Maguire, además de recibir la noche anterior a unos 150 amigos cercanos al presidente, aunque esa cotizada invitación solo ofrecía una cena con “Barack y George”. Todos los invitados, incluido Obama, llegaron allí pasando por ese cartel que lee “atención: cruce de cerdos”, el último recuerdo que queda de Max, su cerdo mascota durante años. Clooney ha madurado y ahora prefiere la compañía de su perro, un cocker spaniel negro llamado Einstein (irónicamente, el perro de su vecina, también un spaniel, se llama Clooney).

La casa es la misma que le compró a Stevie Nicks en 1995 por 737.500 euros al comienzo de su fama televisiva en Urgencias. No se ha mudado, a pesar de que está “al otro lado” de las colinas de Hollywood y en lugar de mirar hacia Beverly Hills tiene sus vistas a ese más pedestre y populoso Valle de San Fernando. Tampoco ha cambiado mucho su contenido. Sus objetos más preciados, además de sus oscars, son un par de corbatas que pertenecieron a JFK y esa foto junto a Obama que el artista gráfico Shepard Fairey utilizó para el icónico cartel de HOPE, probablemente la única foto de la que Clooney ha sido borrado. “A Michael Smith, el encargado de decorar la Casa Blanca, le debí de dar pena porque lo primero que me dijo es que parecía un piso de estudiante por lo que tenía en las paredes. Me quedó claro que nunca seré un coleccionista de arte”, cuenta ahora lejos de casa mientras salva en la ficción algunas de las grandes obras de la pintura mundial. En las paredes también cuelga la versión del popular póster que el cartelista hizo de Clooney, aunque en el suyo se lee DOPE (Estupidez).

Pero no es oro todo lo que reluce. A pesar de lo que su imagen hace pensar, la estrella está muy lejos de ser la más taquillera (un honor que este año fue para Natalie Portman y Shia LaBeouf), o la mejor pagada (mención que va para Tom Cruise, Leonardo DiCaprio y Adam Sandler). “La última vez que cobré un sueldo de Hollywood por adelantado fue con La tormenta perfecta”, recuerda sin darle importancia a sus ingresos. Habla de los casi 10 millones de euros que cobró en 2000. Desde entonces no parece motivado por el dinero y está acostumbrado a diferir su sueldo con tal de sacar adelante la película en la que cree. Como dice, tiene suficiente, y si necesita un extra, siempre puede hacer un anuncio. Su villa italiana está pagada (le costó 5,6 millones de euros, la mitad de lo que había esperado), y para costear su labor en África, más concretamente en Sudán, hay otras formas de financiación. Como dijo Obama durante su paso por Los Ángeles, Clooney es alguien “en un perpetuo estado de gracia que utiliza su talento para lo que es realmente importante”. “Un buen hombre y un buen amigo”, agregó solo para ser rebatido por su esposa, Michelle Obama, al añadir “además de guapo”.

Porque todos nos fijamos en el estilo de este galán, elegido como el más elegante de la velada incluso cuando una y otra vez vestía el mismo esmoquin. “Yo me parto con esa anécdota. Ahora tiene más donde elegir, pero se pasó cinco o seis años en la lista de los mejor vestidos con el mismo traje”, se ríe Damon, un conocedor de muchos de los secretos de Clooney.

A lo que no solemos prestar tanta atención es al Clooney pupas, alguien que padece dolores crónicos desde su caída mientras rodaba Syriana y que le causó un derrame en la espina dorsal del que todavía se resiente, especialmente cuando está mucho tiempo en la misma postura. Alguien que ya lleva un par de serios ataques de malaria, enfermedad que contrajo durante sus viajes a Sudán, y que tiene un colesterol bastante elevado. “Más de lo que le quiero reconocer”, se ríe él mismo viendo pasar los fritos y salchichas de un menú que sigue sin querer probar. Se le ve más delgado, pero lo que más llama la atención es ese anillo de casado que luce. Se da cuenta de la mirada y se ríe. “Es igual todos los días. Cada vez que me pongo el anillo para mi papel veo cómo todos los ojos se clavan en mi dedo”, describe quien acaba de hacer oficial su última ruptura de Stacey Keibler, casi 20 años menor que él y la última de una larga lista de novias desde que se separara de su única esposa, Talia Balsam, y jurara no volver a casarse.

Tengo vicios como vegetar los fines de semana comiendo porquerías y viendo la peor televisión del mundo”, confiesa
Esa dedicación que otros ponen en la familia él se la ofrece al cine, a rodajes como el de The monuments men, donde dice poner en práctica todo lo que pudo “robar” a los directores que admira, desde Sydney Lumet hasta Steven Soderbergh, y que le paga con creces los sacrificios que hace. “Por eso no me quejo, porque en esta vida no todo es un camino de rosas”, se ríe. Si no duerme bien, para eso están sus compañeros de cada noche, un cuaderno y un bolígrafo con los que atrapa las ideas que no le dejan dormir, cuenta.

Clooney es de los que creen que la paciencia está sobrevalorada, y desde luego él no la tiene. Tiene otras fallas, que bien conoce. “Soy de los que se confían fácilmente, aunque tampoco es que te entregue mi cartera a la primera. Solo que prefiero pensar bien de entrada”. “No me gusta el ejercicio ni ir al gimnasio. Prefiero el baloncesto o la bicicleta, pero durante los rodajes tengo que hacerlo o la cosa se dispara. De todos modos, procuro no pasarme ni comiendo ni bebiendo”, detalla un hombre que, pese a la fama de juerguista, reconoce que suele estar a las diez en la cama. “Tengo otros vicios. Como vegetar los fines de semana comiendo porquerías y viendo la peor televisión del mundo. Me gustaría dormir más, pero me conformo viendo las locuras que he escrito durante la noche fruto de la enajenación que me provocan las pastillas para dormir. Pierdo rápido la paciencia y también tengo lo que diría síndrome de atención deficitario. Pero sobre todo me siento intimidado ante el talento que me rodea, una envidia sana, y tengo pavor al fracaso”.

Lo dicho, nada mejor que recurrir a Clooney para conocer sus defectos. Eso sí, cualquiera de las grietas mencionadas harán poco efecto en los otros. En una encuesta realizada recientemente en Inglaterra, George Clooney salió como el favorito de las fantasías de las mujeres casadas, por encima de Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp, Daniel Craig o David Beckham. Y es que son muchas las que coinciden con Billy Wilder al aceptar que nadie es perfecto. Ni siquiera Clooney.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Wed 28 Aug 2013, 11:27

Yeah, I saw it last night and did a google on it. But I felt someone would prolly have posted it already, so I didn't cause you any extra work Katie, by repeating  a link and copy paste of translation.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 28 Aug 2013, 16:03

Thanks Katie for this and the link I like to save in the translation and the original language, I don't know why. I also check the source to see what other stories they have on George that I might not already have.

I'm still puzzled about the pills trying to think what he could have meant. But we are not meant to know everything I guess. Thanks again.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum