George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Matt Damon EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Matt Damon EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Matt Damon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Matt Damon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Matt Damon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Matt Damon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Matt Damon EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Matt Damon EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Matt Damon EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Matt Damon

+16
LizzyNY
amaretti
Doug Ross
Picachu
playfuldeb
silly girl
melbert
Mazy
LornaDoone
Nicky80
theminis
Joanna
Carla97
Maggy
Juliette Hardy
it's me
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Matt Damon Empty Matt Damon

Post by it's me Sun 04 Aug 2013, 11:02

French friends posted that

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Matt Damon, the complex of the average American

Really interesting to read about really intimate issue
He was brave to talk about it

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Matt Damon Empty Re: Matt Damon

Post by Juliette Hardy Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:12

He's a brilliant, talented actor & hugely popular.
If he had anxiety issues about "invisibility,"  he managed to overcome them quite well.  Maybe acting helped him release these notions.  
I think he's one of the most recognized, admired  A-list contemporary actors with a wide & diverse acting range.

"This fear of being transparent appears on set when he starred with other actors, the trilogy Ocean's Eleven (2002), Steven Soderbergh, for example.
Or, more recently, in The Monuments Men, a thriller he just finished filming in Europe , located in the Second World War, which speaks of exfiltration by the Nazis heritage of French museums. At the end of each working day, the objectives of photographers headed for the director and star of the film, George Clooney. Never to Matt Damon. The phenomenon is so recurrent that the actor had wanted to express his discomfort in Ocean's Twelve (2004). "I explained that Soderbergh, twelve acolytes, I was the best number three, behind George Clooney and Brad Pitt. He had to tell the screen to burst the abscess. This is the time when, in despair, I say to Clooney I want to climb further in the hierarchy. Without getting successful."

Great humanitarian involvement too:
Matt Damon is invested on several fronts - ecological, political and humanitarian: against the genocide in Darfur, AIDS and poverty in Africa , for access to drinking water in the Third World and for the Democratic Party.

It shows humility to actually admit to these fears & how he overcame them.
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 04 Aug 2013, 16:20

"It shows humility to actually admit to these fears & how he overcame them."

I agree.

Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Carla97 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 17:42

He sounds like a good man.
Carla97
Carla97
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Aug 2013, 20:26

Coolio    Very interesting long interview in The Guardian with Matt.  
I had trouble trying to paste it all.

Matt Damon: where did it all go right for the leftwing activist,
 devoted dad and intelligent action star?

Decca Aitkenhead meets Hollywood's Mr Nice to talk politics, parenting and his 
latest film Elysium

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 04 Aug 2013, 22:12

From Joannas link above - Guardian interview

Matt Damon: where did it all go right for the leftwing activist, devoted dad and intelligent action star?

Decca Aitkenhead meets Hollywood's Mr Nice to talk politics, parenting and his latest film Elysium

Matt Damon's politics owe a great deal to his mother. The first time Nancy Carlsson-Paige saw her son featured in a glossy magazine, she was appalled. "My beautiful boy is being used to sell products," she told a newspaper. "He is just a cog in the capitalist system." She'd never even read a magazine like Vanity Fair before, her son explains. "She's a professor. If it's not the Nation, she doesn't read it. And she said, 'This thing is nothing but page after page of adverts for products that nobody needs!'" He chuckles. I'd love to know what his mother makes of his latest film, Elysium, a big-budget sci-fi action thriller packed with set-piece fights and expensive pyrotechnic violence. "Hmm, well, my mom's big on non-violent conflict resolution," he grins.

Damon has travelled a long way from the Boston commune where he grew up in the 70s and 80s among five other families who were, if not quite hippies, then firmly on the countercultural left. Today he is one of cinema's all-time highest-grossing leading men, voted World's Sexiest Man by People magazine, with his own star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame. A father of four (three daughters, aged seven, five and three, and a stepdaughter, 15), this summer he is moving his family from New York to Los Angeles, and the challenge of giving them a childhood that remotely resembles the one he enjoyed is about to get even harder.

Choosing a school has already presented a major moral dilemma. "Sending our kids in my family to private school was a big, big, big deal. And it was a giant family discussion. But it was a circular conversation, really, because ultimately we don't have a choice. I mean, I pay for a private education and I'm trying to get the one that most matches the public education that I had, but that kind of progressive education no longer exists in the public system. It's unfair." Damon has campaigned against teachers' pay being pegged to children's test results: "So we agitate about those things, and try to change them, and try to change the policy, but you know, it's a tough one."

At 42, Damon's face has scarcely changed since he first became famous, its features so regular that he could be almost anyone. Just days before our interview, he and George Clooney were photographed popping into a council-run gym in Cambridge, on a break from shooting a new movie nearby, and while most movie stars out in public look haunted by their own fame, Damon somehow always looks like just one of the boys having fun. But he is worried that it will be tougher to live as an ordinary person in LA. "It's a little unnerving. It's going to be a very big change for us."

In New York, he explains, "I've been really lucky. I'll completely forget that I'm a celebrity. And then something will happen and I'll go, oh, right. Literally days will go by in New York where I'm seeing the same parents drop off and pick up at school, and where everything just feels completely normal. I'm going to the Starbucks, and people know who I am, but it's the same baristas there, and they're calling out everybody's name. It's just our neighbourhood spot. So I'll fool myself, and then something happens."

Damon's Argentinian wife was a bartender in Miami when they met 10 years ago. "I think marrying somebody who's not a celebrity, it just takes a lot of the pressure off." His old friend Ben Affleck hasn't been quite so lucky. "Ben's wife, Jennifer Garner, she sells a shitload of magazines in the midwest. Magazines that – Ben explained this to me – you and I have never heard of, but that appeal to a mom in the midwest, who for some reason identifies with Jennifer and wants to know what she's doing as a mom. As a result of that, there are always five cars outside their house."
Matt Damon and wife Damon and his wife Luciana.

He's banking on his family being too boring to attract much attention, even in LA. "The narrative is, OK, he's married and happy and they have kids, and there's not really anything else to the story, the story never changes."

But if he's wrong? "Well, if that part is really bad, then we'll leave. It's just not worth it. There are things I'm willing to give up, you know, but there's a limit."

He's also uneasy about the incredible wealth that must define his children's lives. "Our kids are growing up with more privilege than we had; that's true for most of my friends in LA. I don't know any actor who grew up with any particular privilege, so everyone wrestles with this. And I think a lot of times it's about being patient with your kids."

He remembers once staying in an apartment without air-conditioning when his stepdaughter was 10, and she simply refused to sleep. "And we sat there in a huff for a second. And then my wife and I looked at each other and went, 'Oh my fucking God, she's never slept in a house without air-conditioning. This is not her fault; this is our fault.' And I went upstairs and explained to her that all over the world there were kids right now who were sleeping and they never even knew what air-conditioning was. And that, when I was a kid, it was this hot every night in the summer, and I got a washcloth and I wet it. And I explained how her uncle Kyle and I would bump into each other in the bathroom in the middle of the night rewetting our washcloths. And she was laughing. We talked for, you know, 10 minutes, and I turned the light off and she was already asleep.

"It's something we talk about a lot, but I think ultimately it's about giving them an understanding of the world. So at least they can get some context for where they fit into everything."

Damon co-founded the safe-water charity water.org, and hopes his children will join him on field trips to Africa when they're older, but he also worries about ending up a Hollywood rentagob activist. "Yeah, there's the people who, you know, feel like, 'Shut up and sing,' " he grins. "People feeling preached to by privileged actors. I get that totally. I don't want some Hollywood actor finger-wagging at me, telling me what I should and shouldn't do."

The trick, he's finding out, is to deploy humour, evidenced in a recent spoof press conference where he announced he was going on toilet strike until the whole world had access to proper sanitation. "There's just no reason so many children should be dying, but if you say that, people go, 'Oh, shut the fuck up', you know what I mean? So you say, 'I'm going on a toilet strike'," and he starts to laugh.

Movie stars with Damon's sort of body of work routinely say they need to make big-budget blockbusters so they can earn enough money to make politically important or artistically interesting low-budget, leftfield films. It's a common formulation, but always makes me wonder exactly how much money these stars can really need. And when the actor is as serious about progressive politics as Damon clearly is, how does he square such an inflated notion of "need" with ideals of equality?

Damon looks puzzled. "I've never taken a job for money."

Never? "Not since early on, starting out, no. I've passed on a lot of huge-money jobs. Money doesn't enter into the decision-making. If I do a big blockbuster, it's about how big an audience you'll get, and where you can take them."

It must be my turn to look surprised, because he adds, "You know, I lost money last year."

What does he mean?

"Well," he says, looking perfectly relaxed, "I earned less money than I spent."

Elysium, it is safe to say, will not lose Damon money. The big-budget sci-fi action thriller is set 50 years in the future, when Los Angeles has been reduced to a post-apocalyptic slum and the super-rich have fled our ravaged planet for a ruthlessly exclusive space station, Elysium, where everyone owns a machine that can cure illness and injury within seconds. LA's desperate and dying will pay anything for a place on a craft bound for Elysium, only to be shot down by military rulers who consider their privilege a right, and self-preservation a moral absolute.

In other words, it is an allegory: a movie about global injustice and immigration that looks like your average sci-fi extravaganza but is artfully crafted to make western audiences identify for once with the poor and destitute who gamble with their lives to reach the west every day. Even if some viewers miss the allegory altogether, Damon says, "I don't feel like anyone's going to feel like they're the ones on Elysium." And for all its fantasy elements – the cyborgs, the magic medical machines – he doesn't think its futuristic vision is too far-fetched.

"I honestly think the world's going to look very different in 20 years. I mean, could you imagine," and he holds up his mobile phone, "that this has access to more information than the president had 15 years ago? There's more computing power in this than the strongest computer in the 1970s."

Does he find that exciting or scary?

"That part's really exciting, yeah. You know, they – Google or whoever – they're at this place where face-recognition software is at 84-94%. Soon you'll be able to walk into a bar and look around and your glasses will tell you who everybody is. So, yeah, it's going to get weird. And I don't know what the implications of all that are. And some of it's certainly creepy. But exciting. I think it's an incredible thing."

Isn't the phone he's holding up a not-very-new-model BlackBerry? "Oh, yeah," he concedes with a rueful grin. "I'm still with the dinosaurs. I gotta get an iPhone. But the difference between a luddite and a tech geek at this point is, like, six months."

It wasn't always obvious that Damon's career would lead him into action blockbusters. It's now 16 years since his breakthrough role, in a film he co-wrote in his 20s with his childhood friend and co-star Affleck, hoping it might be a way for them to get noticed. Good Will Hunting won them both an Oscar, and launched A-list careers that, depending on who you believe, saw Damon soon stall in the commercial doldrums of credible character acting, while Affleck struck blockbuster gold; or, alternatively, established Damon as a discerning artist while Affleck squandered his promise on cheap celebrity, famous chiefly for dating Jennifer Lopez. Damon doesn't buy either narrative, but does concede that by 2002 things weren't looking great for him. All The Pretty Horses and The Legend Of Bagger Vance had both been box-office flops, and the thriller he'd just finished had clocked up so many reshoots that Hollywood gossips were already writing it off.

"It didn't look good. All the signals were that it was going to be a bomb, and it would have been the biggest of all of the bombs. That was a big budget, so now people are going, 'OK, he's about to lose a lot of money for people.'" But Damon and the director kept watching the film over and over, trying to work out how to fix what was wrong. "It's like tinkering in your garage at that point. We're both completely devoted to fixing it, like two kids pulling the lawn mower apart and putting it back together again, trying to figure out what would make it run the best. And we did."

The thriller was The Bourne Identity. It didn't strike instant box-office gold, but Damon thinks that may have helped, "because so many people had a sense that they discovered it for themselves". It still might never have made the leap to global franchise had Damon not scripted a new ending to its sequel, The Bourne Supremacy, just two weeks before its release, replacing a limp finale with a more playful scene whose last line fans still love to quote: "Get some rest, Pam. You look tired." The final reshoot was a mad scramble, but for Damon it was "really, really fun. I mean, I just got adrenaline, the rush telling you the story." He rewrote bits of the third Bourne film, too, and says he loves every aspect of film-making, but opted against having any involvement in the fourth because he didn't think any plot could compete with real life by then.

"The first one was about a guy who's part of a secret programme, who assassinates people. And so now they make it legal under Bush to assassinate people. OK, well, shit, now what are we going to do? So by the time we got to the third one, the big reveal is that Bourne shoots this guy without knowing who he is, and they pull off his mask, and oh my God, it's an American. Well, now, of course, it's on the front page of the paper: we've killed four Americans [in drone strikes abroad]."

Damon has been a passionate public supporter of Barack Obama and is confident that his healthcare reforms will rescue America from the iniquities Elysium dramatises. But Edward Snowden's surveillance revelations have just emerged when we meet and, Damon admits, "It just seems to have taken this weird, Orwellian turn. It's surreal. I don't know where we are now."

He does, however, have a theory about how these developments have happened under Obama's presidency. "I think it's tough for guys who weren't in the military," he says. "One, their manhood is kind of challenged on some level, I imagine, and they allow themselves to get bullied. And two, they're just politically afraid of either looking soft or looking incompetent, so they overcompensate."

Could disillusionment put him off campaigning for another presidential candidate? "No, I'm sure I will. As disturbed as I am by a lot of the things that Obama has done and is doing, I would not have preferred a Romney presidency, that's for sure. The alternative is even more frightening."

• Elysium opens in UK cinemas on 23 August 2013
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 04 Aug 2013, 23:25

Thanks theminis for pasting that. I got all gobbledygook 
when I tried. Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 04 Aug 2013, 23:59

no worries Jo
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 09 Aug 2013, 22:29

Thanks for posting that. I really like Matt Damon he is so good but still so low key. No scandals or weird romours about him. And he comes accross so "normal". Wonder why he moves from NY to LA if he liked it in NY.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 10 Aug 2013, 02:47

Here's the trailer for his new film Elysium that starts today in the US.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 10 Aug 2013, 07:18

Thanks everyone for all the information. Matt seems like a pretty level headed guy everyday guy. It must be hard keeping your objective with so much star power. I know he said in Berlin he didn't think he could cope with what George deals with. Too much popularity.

It must really be hard for George at times. Here I am upset because I haven't heard any news because I worry and the poor man is probably just trying to get some piece.

I think it is good of Matt not to want too much of that craziness for his kids, he's a father first and a star second.
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Aug 2013, 09:29

Sweet!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 10 Aug 2013, 09:35

Elysium
As exile

But based on what? A book?
Again cinema can show us what nobody want to see

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 10:31

Mazy wrote:Thanks everyone for all the information. Matt seems like a pretty level headed guy everyday guy. It must be hard keeping your objective with so much star power. I know he said in Berlin he didn't think he could cope with what George deals with. Too much popularity.

It must really be hard for George at times. Here I am upset because I haven't heard any news because I worry and the poor man is probably just trying to get some piece.

I think it is good of Matt not to want too much of that craziness for his kids, he's a father first and a star second.
 Thanks Lorna for the trailer. Looks like lot of action.

I remember on German TV they showed when George and Matt left the restaurant on Geroge Birthday and all the fans who were waiting outside were calling George name like crazy and made pictures. And Matt looked so surpirsed when he came out you could see that on his face. Even the reporter joked about his face impression. Guess he is really not used to this hype.

He must be very smart to keep this from him away. But than again when you see both of them. I always feel like George is more comfortable with all this anyway.

Both of them have choosen the right way for themselves   Very Happy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 10 Aug 2013, 12:07

Mazy wrote:... and the poor man is probably just trying to get some piece.
And I'm sure he's having no trouble finding any...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 10 Aug 2013, 13:02

I'm sure MD is about to find out how the pap's can be. He just went to Madeo the other night with lots of photogs there.....I think he just lost his anonymity....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 10 Aug 2013, 15:46

melbert wrote:
Freudian slip there Mazy? LMAO!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 10 Aug 2013, 16:54

Not with his three girls to his credit with his lovely wife.
No problems at all in that department I imagine !

Coolio
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:21

Saw Elysium today.

Audience applauded at the end.

Has an interesting moral message too - very contemporary despite being set about 40 years in the future.

I liked it but there were some intense scenes from which I had to look away. The kid two seats down from me had no issues with the goriness though!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 10 Aug 2013, 22:28

Thanks for the feedback.

I'm never so interested in "future movies" but the trailor sounded nice and if the audience applouded at the end maybe it is really good. Maybe I will see it too. Will be in German Cinemas on the 15th August.....few days left :-)
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Juliette Hardy Mon 12 Aug 2013, 14:15

Elysium topped box office in US this weekend.
Damon is a major drawcard.
Imagine MM with all its cast!

Smile 

Anyway, speaking too soon might jinx.
So, let's wait patiently.
GC may still be editing final touches....
Juliette Hardy
Juliette Hardy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 12 Aug 2013, 15:07

Thumbs up! bravo !
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 12 Aug 2013, 18:35

LornaDoone wrote:
melbert wrote:
Freudian slip there Mazy?  LMAO!
Afraid so, must reread more of what I write. haha
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 19:32

"Matt stars in “The Monuments Men,” which George directs and costars in, and is set for release this December.

Matt sounded more enthusiastic than ever about his friend of many years in a recent interview. He said, “I made this joke on ‘Late Show with David Letterman’ that George is one of those guys where God just went, ‘Yeah, I think I’m going to give this guy more. Why not? Let’s just keep going with this one.’ George has this abundance of talent in different areas. He gets more handsome the older he gets. Who does that happen to? And, he’s so loyal. It’s very frustrating to be friends with him sometimes, because he’s just wonderful! I can’t say enough good things about him.”
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Aug 2013, 21:31

Joke? Expl to me.... Suspect 
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 21:38

Well, I understood it this way.
He joked on the Letterman show that god made G kind of perfect or better gave everything to him as he is so talented and handsome and a very good friend.

Don't know how else to explain it. Maybe someone else with better English can explain it better hehe. But maybe you get my explanation
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Aug 2013, 21:40

Got
But so it was not properly a joke
Right?
More a kind way to put it
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 30 Aug 2013, 21:42

mmhhh  Maybe both a joke and a way to put it. I mean at the end we know it was the truth about G   cheers
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Sat 31 Aug 2013, 15:16

This is just a joke - Matt is NOT playing Robin

[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:08

thankfully he isnt, i think that would be a career disaster for him
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:33

It will be a career disaster for Ben

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Picachu Sat 31 Aug 2013, 16:46

I have to agree, very surprised to see Ben doing this after his recent success so let's hope it works for him
Picachu
Picachu
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Sep 2013, 10:55

Quote from an interview with Matt in Manilla Bulletin 

"Asked why he loves wearing blue jeans and shirts, Matt laughed and said, ''I've always just wanted to be comfortable. My father said to me a long time ago that people look their best when they are comfortable.
 In fact, I read that about Steve Jobs. I read that he loved the black turtleneck and literally, his closet is full of it. It had a bunch of those and he just felt why wear something different?''
He continued, ''George Clooney told me five or six years ago that it was funny that he ended up on the Best Dressed lists when he was wearing the same suit for all those times that he was on the list. 
He had one suit. He always had Armani only. They would come. They would try to give him a new one, and he would say, 'I don't want the new one. I like the old one. The old one fits perfectly.'''
So is he an Armani guy too, we asked.
''Yeah, I have a couple of different suits now,'' he said. ''I'm dabbling with these other guys too.
 I'm living on the edge.''
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:12

And these guys can afford a whole closet full of suits and they still go for comfort. Go figure!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:17

"I'm living on the edge" typical Matt humour !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:26

I enjoy Matt's subtle humor.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 14 Sep 2013, 14:49

melbert wrote:And these guys can afford a whole closet full of suits and they still go for comfort.  Go figure!
At heart they are both basically typical guys. They like the same kind of things that they did before they were celebs. They also are most definitely not uppity show-offs.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 16:24

Thanks for the artical Joanna. Nice to read. I like the fact that Matt is so down to earth. (George too.) I like to read his interviews Very Happy 
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 14 Sep 2013, 20:35

I love that Matt Damon said that about George . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Nov 2013, 20:55

I wasn't sure if I should put this with the Nespresso ad, but since it's about Matt, I thought I'd put it here.

Matt Damon - Matt Damon earns 3 million for Nespresso ad?

by Bang Showbiz | 10 November 2013

Matt Damon reportedly earned a whopping $3 million for joining George Clooney in the new Nespresso ad for just 20 seconds.

Matt Damon earned $3 million for appearing in a 20-second commercial.

The 43-year-old actor allegedly raked in the impressive sum for joining George Clooney in the new Nespresso ad for a grand total of 20 seconds. That means the Hollywood hunk pocketed a whopping $150,000 for every second he appears in the UK advert, which was directed by Grant Heslov.

A source told the New York Post's Page Six: ''Matt is one of the few Hollywood stars to have turned down most ad and product-endorsement deals. But this one came with a huge fee and the fact that he'd be working with people he trusts, his 'Monuments Men' producer Grant Heslov and co-star George Clooney.''

George has been the face of the Nestlé coffee brand outside the US since 2006, and the ads famously play upon his irresistible charm with the ladies.

In the new commercial, called 'In the Name of Pleasure', George is snubbed by an attractive woman who would rather drink her coffee alone, deliberately setting a mob of female fans on 'The Descendants' star so he leaves her alone.

In a shorter version of the ad, George then copies the same ploy to enjoy his coffee in peace by alerting the women to the presence of his friend Matt.

Last edited by melbert on Sun 10 Nov 2013, 20:59; edited 2 times in total
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sun 10 Nov 2013, 20:57

Ya beat me to it, was just about to post -
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:07

Saw it today on TV.....and no Matt segment !!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:12

bumtits on stilts!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:19

So how do they justify paying him ???

lol!
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:20

Maybe he is donating the money....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sun 10 Nov 2013, 21:27

Oh yes I'd imagine he'd donate to Water.org.
his charity.
But if he's been edited out of the TV advert ??

I did wonder how it would be on TV with the
Little red button action !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:16

I doubt they edited him out. The commercial is really a two-parter. The first part is George and the girl who wants to drink alone. The second part is the one with George and Matt.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 10 Nov 2013, 23:23

just saw another one
Matt and the girl
and she is now crying: "Matt Damon is inside!"
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Tue 17 Dec 2013, 22:15

RM: You and George Clooney seem to be best friends, how is it in real life?

MD: For 12 years we have been friends and frankly I cannot find any fault with him. Maybe he has, but I do not see them. He is a wonderful person, incredibly generous and he is one of the best directors I've worked with. He works pretty well too and I have just finished filming the "The Monuments Men" film. I know what I'm saying may seem trite, but Geroge is as he seems, he is always natural and has no "frills".

Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 13 Jan 2014, 10:38

Matt being very approachable at airport.

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next