George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor"

+10
Joanna
blubelle
LornaDoone
OofOof
Lakin460
NotAvailable
it's me
PigLove
melbert
Katiedot
14 posters

Go down

Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" Empty Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor"

Post by Katiedot Sun 13 Feb 2011, 16:42

The link is gone, but it's still available in the cache: Daily Mail

There's no date, but I'm guesstimating May 2005.

They were on, then off, then on again. Five years later George Clooney still refuses to consider marriage. So is Essex girl Lisa Snowdon about to have her heart broken by Hollywood's most toxic bachelor?

Byline: ALISON BOSHOFF

THE CANNES Film festival held annually in Cannes, France. First held in 1946 for the recognition of artistic achievement, the festival came to provide a rendezvous for those interested in the art and influence of the movies. is meant to be all about megawatt smiles and high-octane red carpet glamour.

But one morning a few days ago, Lisa Snowdon Lisa Snowdon (born Lisa Snawdon on September 2, 1971) is an English actress, supermodel, television presenter and singer. She was signed with a British elite agency Premier Model Management Biography was to be found crying wretchedly in the early morning sunshine. Asked about reports that she had been dumped by her Hollywood boyfriend George Clooney, her reaction was to burst into tears and scamper off the boat in Cannes harbour where she has been covering the film festival for ITV

'She did go on air afterwards, but she took a little while to calm down. She was very upset,' said a source. 'It was not just a little snivel, there were proper tears and she didn't seem to care who saw her.' The day before, a tabloid Sunday newspaper said that she and George had agreed to call time on their romance two weeks previously, and blamed the distance between them for the split.

It noted that Clooney, who is 44, had been seen chatting up various models at two separate New York nightclubs earlier in the week. He was observed sipping his favourite vodka and soda cocktail and acting every inch the free agent at Marquis and Bungalow 8.

What's more, he is planning a road trip this summer with his dear friends Brad Pitt and Matt Damon. Lisa won't be going along for the ride.

Confusingly, though, both Lisa and her publicist Jonathan Hackford say that she and Clooney remain an item.

Lisa and George spent some time together in Los Angeles Los Angeles (lôs ăn`jələs, lŏs, ăn`jəlēz'), city (1990 pop. 3,485,398), seat of Los Angeles co., S Calif.; inc. 1850. just before she travelled to the South of France South of France south n the South of France → le Sud de la France, le Midi and there are plans, albeit slightly fluid ones, for them to hook up again, probably before the month is out.

'I can absolutely promise you that they are still together,' says Hackford.

'Nothing has changed on that front.

They are perfectly happy.' But, as might be gauged from Lisa's reaction to the break-up story, the 'George Issue' is becoming rather a sensitive one.

Lisa's supporters point out that it is hard to remain on an even keel when everyone's reaction to your relationship is one of disbelief.

'What gets Lisa's goat is that everyone seems to be waiting for her to be chucked just so that they can have a gloat,' says a friend. 'I'm not at all surprised she had a good cry. It's really hard for her sometimes. It makes her terribly unhappy.' Indeed, for the past five years, Lisa has had to endure a great deal of unflattering attention because of her liaison with Clooney, who is frequently hailed as the Sexiest Man Alive.

Journalists who are sent to interview her come back remarking that she is a 'jammy cow' to have landed him and unkind remarks are made about her looks, for although she is extremely pretty and has a wonderful figure, she is not quite in the supermodel league.

When this first happened, Lisa simply toughed it out. She is a robust character and has done her best not to become irritated, clingy or paranoid.

She has also tried not to entertain any thoughts that he might stray and resorted to a dollop or two of Essex attitude, straight from her home county, when asked if she wasn't terrified that he would find someone more beautiful.

'He can have a lot of girls. But I could find somebody really super-cute in London, too!' BUT as time has gone on, her equanimity has started to fray, and now she is seriously irritated by suggestions that she is 'lucky' to have him.

She can become furious when it is said that she owes her current modest presenting career to her status as George Clooney's girlfriend - and it is true that her biggest job, presenting TV's Top Of The Pops, came during a break in their romance and her first big break, on MTV MTV in full Music Television

U.S. cable television network, established in 1980 to present videos of musicians and singers performing new rock music. MTV won a wide following among rock-music fans worldwide and greatly affected the popular-music business. , preceded their relationship.

More seriously, though, it seems that creeping insecurity has set in about her relationship with George, and as they approach the first anniversary of their rekindled romance, she certainly has a lot of solitary time to ponder where they are headed. This is her second 'go' at the love affair and it doesn't look all that more promising than their first try.

She and Clooney became involved in 2000 after meeting when filming a Martini advert in Spain. They dated, but on and off rather than as a regular romance, for around a year before it fizzled out. It never became a steady relationship.

When they rekindled their romance last spring (George was in Europe filming Ocean's Twelve) he wanted to be back in her life on just the same basis as before - as an intermittent, long-distance lover, with no strings or expectations.

Lisa was dating Little Britain star David Walliams and was very surprised to get a call from George, who had split from actress Krista Allen, inviting her to have dinner with him in Amsterdam.

SHE walked into the Italian restaurant and it was clear by the end of dinner that their sexual chemistry was unstoppable. She dropped all social plans in order to spend a summer with him (and Jen and Brad and Matt Damon) at his second home in Italy.

But when the filming was over he went back to Los Angeles, and she returned to her semi in Epping Forest.

Clooney has barely been in Europe since, instead staying close to his team of 'buddies' in LA, where he has a fledgling career behind the camera as well as in front.

He has been directing a film about the McCarthy era titled Goodnight, And Good Luck and it has been left to Lisa to keep the romance going by crossing the Atlantic every few weeks.

She sighs: 'He lives there. I live here.

I'm just taking each day as it comes.' It's hardly surprising that the uncertainty of this situation is making Lisa feel miserable at times, and can result in tearful outbursts. She has been heard to moan: 'No one's ever asked me to marry them. I must be doing something wrong.' Her two sisters and mother are a particular support when she gets low.

It must be said that there seems no prospect of Clooney dropping down on one knee. He uses the failure of his early marriage to actress Talia Balsam balsam (bôl`səm), fragrant resin obtained from various trees. The true balsams are semisolid and insoluble in water, but they are soluble in alcohol and partly so in hydrocarbons. as an excuse, and says that he won't wed again.

Asking her even to move in to Casa Del Clooney in LA is also a million miles from his mind. A friend of Lisa's said he thought it had 'not even been discussed' as an issue this time around.

Instead, the actor apparently neither expects the romance to become more permanent, nor desires any change. His attitude to women is 'easy come, easy go'. As he approaches 45, this philosophy starts to look a little more like misogyny misogyny than stylish rat pack insouciance

So why won't he settle down?

Former girlfriend Kimberly Russell, who dated him for three years, said that when she mentioned marriage and children the romance was over.

'His actual words were "I'm sorry - I love you, but marriage is not a trip I can take again." It broke my heart the day he told me I would never be his wife. As a result, we agreed to go our separate ways.' Clooney says that he felt pressured into marrying Talia Balsam, and found the ending of the marriage very painful. He doesn't want to marry again or have children because he says that he is too selfish to settle down.

He says: 'I don't know if I'd be a great dad - it's not something you can do half-assed. If you mess up, you've messed up generations. I don't want to be responsible for someone else who I could hurt.' It's tough luck on Lisa who is a nice, ordinary girl from a hardworking Essex family. As a little girl she dreamed of being a ballerina, and a mother.

When, on the rebound from Clooney, she dated U.S. TV actor Gary Dourdan she told how desperate she was for him to make an honest woman of her. 'I've never been engaged before so it's about bloody time,' she said. 'I want children in the future and I'm finally starting to imagine myself as a bride.' Now that she is with Clooney again, she sings a different tune in public - presumably for fear of scaring him off. 'People always want to know if we're getting married, but the way I look at it you just enjoy every day together and go with the flow.' But, at 33, how much longer is she going to be prepared to wait? She is looking rather thinner than before, and the fine lines around her eyes are obvious on camera. Her habit of wearing her hair in low pigtails is unflattering, and doesn't make her look any younger.

Too old to be a model, she is sustaining a career in the shallower waters of television with a stint on This Morning and a forthcoming series on VH1.

There are also other, lesser, bits of work which are necessary to pay the bills: she was recently to be found building sandcastles at St Pancras station to promote a ticket give-away.

A far cry from sharing the red carpet with Catherine Zeta-Jones.

AND ONE wonders how well Clooney treats her. Some in Hollywood think that the star, lionised as the ultimate matinee idol, is nothing more than a 'toxic bachelor'.

Certainly his priorities don't seem to include making her happy.

Weekends at Casa Del Clooney are spent playing basketball with his large group of male friends, with George presiding over a barbecue to which girlfriends and families are invited. College-boy jokes are the order of the day - whoopee cushions, silly nicknames and practical jokes.

There is some feeling that Clooney is refusing to grow up - which is borne out by his taste for immature pranks. 'He does have an amazing sense of humour Noun 1. sense of humour - the trait of appreciating (and being able to express) the humorous; "she didn't appreciate my humor"; "you can't survive in the army without a sense of humor"
sense of humor, humor, humour but it can be a little below the belt,' says Lisa.

'I've learned to watch out for water-filled balloons. He loves to balance them over doors - and it doesn't matter whether I'm ready to go out or not. I've been blasted a few times. It's a shock to the system if you are holding a glass of red wine and water goes all over you. I'm getting clever now, though, I get a gut feeling gut feeling Intuition, visceral sensation when he's in a naughty mood so I look out.' If he were the kind to declare his love, such juvenile behaviour might be less irritating. But, although he is a fan of saucy late-night text messages, he seems to find it harder to make a grand gesture.

In an interview earlier this year he said that it was a 'pleasant surprise' to be back with Lisa, which is a lukewarm endorsement indeed.

'We hope to make things work out better this time, as we've learned something from being together before,' he said. Then he added: 'I can't say if she is "The One".' Maybe this summer, while he is golfing and drinking with his friends on the summer road trip, the answer will come to him. Or perhaps, more likely, the answer will come to Lisa Snowdon.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor" Empty Re: Article from 2005 "Toxic Bachelor"

Post by melbert Sun 13 Feb 2011, 16:57

Interesting. Some believable, some not so much.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Sun 13 Feb 2011, 17:32

If she really chucked David Walliams to be with GTC, she's dumber than I thought.
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 Feb 2011, 21:38

he is a fan of saucy late-night text messages???
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:30

I noticed that too It's Me. But, if he was texting her while she was in London during the night there (9 hr difference, I think), then it was mid-day in LA. So he's a saucy daytime text messager!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 13 Feb 2011, 22:49

oh.... right!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 07 May 2013, 08:52

Just found this article again. It may shed a light on what Stacy is going through at the moment. Or perhaps not.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 07 May 2013, 11:44

Well, I think that may have started at the end of last year. The media constantly putting her and GC on the quick train to splitsville. They said then a source was quoted as saying that they were over. Then he would have to come out and say, "its not over".

But there did seem to be some problem there as things did change right after COMO. Her going alone to vacas and him either producing a film or finding locations. They did however do PR work together on the carpets.

But think they are trying to keep it on as long as possible. Think he needs her for a bit more work and why train a new one when better possibilities than ever seem to be following him these days with the number of oscar nominations he got this year.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Tue 07 May 2013, 12:49

I'm not sure I buy the "not wanting to train another one for the Oscars" bit. He's gone alone before. He's a big boy. If she's with him this season, it's because he wants her there and not just as a Barbie prop, IMO.
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 07 May 2013, 17:46

I don't know Lakin. I think in a funny way, he's a guy who just can't be alone and, he always looks uncomfortable on Red Carpets to me. He tries too hard to be funny or cool and I think he's nervous.

I hate to say this but I do think because he is upfront with these girls, he sees no problem in using them, as it's a mutual deal. Stacy has gone to lots of Red Carpets with him and has improved with each appearance. She used to try to talk. Now she just smiles lovingly at him and he's in the limelight. She is being styled professionally so he gets lots of kudos from the Red Carpet reviews and, I know he loves that his "girlfriend" was a "professional wrestler."

I actually could see him hanging in there longer for his own benefit, sadly. While I think George enjoys the company of women, and loves many things about women, I don't think George respects us all that much. Again, sad to say.

I know many here will be offended by this but that article above has been written about every girl he's ever been with and it always seems to end the same. I think the guy would be much happier just going to clubs, hooking up with 20-30 something model wannabes and then moving on to the next one. The reason he sticks with one longer is for image at this point. He doesn't look quite as much like a womanizer if he sticks with one longer and they learn the ropes.

I still very much like him for most of his movies and for his political views and for the fact that he puts his money where his mouth is. I also still find him very sexy and a good fantasy every once in a while (when he shaves off that God awful mustache and hair!) but I must admit, some of the like I had for him before coming to COH has dissipated a bit.

Ironically, I find myself feeling more sorry for the girls than for George at this point. I know they should know better and I know they go into this mostly because it's George Clooney and he's rich and good looking and can do something for them career wise. But it must be horrible to see all those terrible things people write about them and to constantly be asked if you're still together. Especially when you're the kind of person he tends to pick. They're image and their appearance are everything to them.

But as Way2 would no doubt point out to me, hey, they're adults, they went into the thing with their eyes wide open and George isn't doing anything wrong. He's upfront about who he is and more power to him!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 08 May 2013, 04:41

He's an ass. A charming, well-moneyed, well-traveled ass, but an ass nonetheless.

If he weren't "George Clooney" but instead some schmuck from Sheboygan he would be written off as a womanizing asshole who has very little respect for women.

Yes, it's true.

But he's not. He's good looking, he has money, he works in an industry that many people think is glamorous. He does the obligatory charity work that helps his image. He says the right things for many of the people to whom he is pandering - and isn't concerned about the other half of the country who hates his guts. He uses his charm quite well to his advantage.

But if George were just a pot bellied, 52 year old guy who didn't have access to the most expensive facial creams around, didn't have a villa in Lake Como and a house above Sunset Boulevard adjacent to Beverly Hills, and treated women like disposal diapers, we probably wouldn't find him so attractive and let him get away with what he does.

But, having said all that, I still keep coming back to see what's next cause like a good train wreck, it never fails to fascinate.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 08 May 2013, 05:40

You pegged it Lorna. That's why I keep coming back...it's like my ultimate guilty pleasure...seeing what he's going to do next.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 08 May 2013, 21:35

I guess I don't see the problem. Nobody is forcing anyone into anything. It's a game and the ladies know the rules going into it. There are perks as many have stated and there is the downside. For the ladies who consent to become the girlfriend of .... this is their job. Some of us have issues with women who would do this but as some have stated it is their choice. I guess if you choose to follow G you need to accept him warts and all.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 09 May 2013, 15:20

LornaDoone wrote:He's an ass. A charming, well-moneyed, well-traveled ass, but an ass nonetheless.

If he weren't "George Clooney" but instead some schmuck from Sheboygan he would be written off as a womanizing asshole who has very little respect for women.

Yes, it's true.

But he's not. He's good looking, he has money, he works in an industry that many people think is glamorous. He does the obligatory charity work that helps his image. He says the right things for many of the people to whom he is pandering - and isn't concerned about the other half of the country who hates his guts. He uses his charm quite well to his advantage.

But if George were just a pot bellied, 52 year old guy who didn't have access to the most expensive facial creams around, didn't have a villa in Lake Como and a house above Sunset Boulevard adjacent to Beverly Hills, and treated women like disposal diapers, we probably wouldn't find him so attractive and let him get away with what he does.

But, having said all that, I still keep coming back to see what's next cause like a good train wreck, it never fails to fascinate.

Yep, you pegged it for me, too! And it's my guilty pleasure as well, Oofie. Well, plus I like all you guys and reading the varied comments is fun until it veers into vicious debate. Fortunately that hasn't happened much lately.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 09 May 2013, 18:23

"Vicious debate" ??? I'll give you that... Lightsabre fight
Where are my jokes Lakin ???

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 09 May 2013, 19:34

Sorry I have to disagree I see a lot more to George than some others do. Maybe his relationship style is not what most think it should be, but he is up front. All else about him I think makes for a wonderful person with flaws like all of us. As far as GFs they are ready to take the plunge for their own benefit.

Knowing what I do about George I would be ready in a mino-second to have a relatiionship with him even knowing I might be hurt. As far as his money goes I try not to think about that because that is not important to me, maybe even a hindrance. I could never date someone for the fact that they have money. I would give my heart to someone but could not sell it.

I think George is a great guy deep down, but protects himself, I understand that because I do that. However he is I love him and all his traits make up the complete person.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 09 May 2013, 19:44

Joanna wrote:"Vicious debate" ??? I'll give you that... Lightsabre fight
Where are my jokes Lakin ???

LOL! LOL! LOL!

Patience, Joanna, patience.......can't access those websites from work. Go figure.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 09 May 2013, 20:13

Gee Lakin, I thought you could do ANYTHING, amazing woman that you are! Very Happy
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 09 May 2013, 20:22

thanks for the vote of confidence there, Oof! (hahahahaha!)
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 May 2013, 00:56

Mazy wrote:Sorry I have to disagree I see a lot more to George than some others do. Maybe his relationship style is not what most think it should be, but he is up front. All else about him I think makes for a wonderful person with flaws like all of us. As far as GFs they are ready to take the plunge for their own benefit.

Knowing what I do about George I would be ready in a mino-second to have a relatiionship with him even knowing I might be hurt. As far as his money goes I try not to think about that because that is not important to me, maybe even a hindrance. I could never date someone for the fact that they have money. I would give my heart to someone but could not sell it.

I think George is a great guy deep down, but protects himself, I understand that because I do that. However he is I love him and all his traits make up the complete person.
Zen

As to your first point:

We see it too but we don't let it color our full perception of him as a total person.

Some like to see George only thru rose-colored glasses and dismiss his "issues" as not important. I for one don't see it that way.

See I think there is more to George too, but he's too lazy to really go for it. He picks the easy route when a more challenging situation might make him happier. But he'll never know that cause he doesn't try. But that's for him to decide it's his life. One of my pet peeves about him is that he tries to shove these barely acceptable in society gals as "classy" ladies when in fact they are not.

So what I won't do is only speak about him as if he's was a god or could walk on water - that's the only difference I see in some of our opinions.

If George does something good, I'll note it. If he's being an ass, I'll note that too. Keeps him on his toes to know that he can't get away with everything and expect his fans to swallow it and smile and say, "Good show George."

And as to your second point - "knowing what you know about George" - is there something you know that we don't know? Do you know him personally or are you just gleaning your opinion of him from what is reported about him. Because if you're a personal friend of his then by all means - spill the beans and get me to change my mind about him.

I'm flexible! :-)

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 10 May 2013, 03:13

A greenie for Lorna cuz she's always so right! Keep posting girlfriend, since you say what I'd like to say but so much better it's lovely. I just get to give you greenies all night long.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 10 May 2013, 03:16

Do you know him personally You asked me this before, trust me if I was lucky enough to know George personally I wouldn't be saying anything about him at all. Maybe I should have said "even knowing what I know" which is the same as everyone else knows. He does not want long term relationships, that would not stop me because to have a year or two with George; a man that is so creative and intellegent and yes caring, would be worth having to lose him down the road.

As far as knowing him personally, we all digest the information and mis-information that we are fed by the media. As with you calling George an "ass" that is your opinion and not something you know to be true because you know him personally, unless you do.

but he's too lazy to really go for it This is also your opinion about George you are judging him. Which even knowing him personally wouldn't give you or anyone else the right to judge him fan or not. Being a fan does not give any of us the right to tell George how to live his personally life.

acceptable in society gals as "classy" ladies when in fact they are not. This is another judgement on your part, these girls are no better or worse than any of us are and don't deserve to be called fowl names by people that don't know them. If they are his choice, that's between the two of them.

as if he's was a god or could walk on water This something I've also said before I have only one GOD and worship no humans.

I said "However he is I love him and all his traits make up the complete person." All his traits, good, bad or indifferent make up the complete person. I guess I have been taught wrong, that you should look for the good in people and not focus on the negative. The same goes for any situation no matter how bad you can always find something good.

I realize George has faults as I said "person with flaws like all of us." he would not be human if he didn't. I think makes for a wonderful person This is telling you that it's my opinion.

No matter how you feel IN MY OPINION George is one terrific guy and I Love him dearly. If I knew him personally I might get very snarky at someone trying to drag him down.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 10 May 2013, 03:19

You are a good fan Mazy. No offense intended. Lorna and I just see him differently. Doesn't mean we don't like many things about him as well. His view of women, for me, is the one area that seems to be very different from other parts of his life. Sorry but I think he has issues with women...don't see him as being very mature in that area. But, different strokes right?
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 May 2013, 03:59

Mazy any gal who allows photographers to take crotch shots of them in little or no clothing has nothing to do with opinion but fact. Unless you feel it's classy to bare your crotch to be put on the internet for all to see. I don't think that's classy and even though it may be an opinion, it's an opinion with which many people would agree.

I don't know George personally I merely asked based on how you phrased your comment if you knew him personally.

You're entitled to your opinion but I'm entitled to disagree and state that.

What does irritate me and many others on this forum is when someone comes on here and makes comments that intimate that they know George personally, which the way you phrased your comment led me to believe.

I see now that you have rephrased it so I now understand you don't him personally and your opinion of him is based on what knowledge you've gleaned from the media, just as I have.

And as to your last comment, don't worry the snark came thru even though you don't know him personally.

Carry on with your opinion, just pointing out a different one.

Oh wait had to add, I can have an expectation of how George lives his personal life and I can easily express any displeasure by not buying a ticket to any of his films. Because you see, if thru the media, it became known that he had beat a girlfriend (not that he has just using this as an example) I would have the right to protest because MY money funds HIS lifestyle.

That's why his PR firm tries so valiantly to show him in the media as a caring, socially aware, etc. etc. type of person. Everyone in his line of work knows that really bad press can end the gravy train - so my opinion IS important to him.

Last edited by LornaDoone on Fri 10 May 2013, 04:04; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarifying a point)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Fri 10 May 2013, 04:03

Think George would ever decide to make a fan one of his NEXT girls? Isn't that something he hasn't done yet? He does seem to try to find girls from varied walk of life. he seems to try to get ladies from dif parts of the world or from dif types. Who can line up his girls and classify in a way that makes sense in types and life style? Very Happy Sad Cool pirat sunny queen study .........
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 May 2013, 04:20

JoanieJD wrote:Think George would ever decide to make a fan one of his NEXT girls? Isn't that something he hasn't done yet? He does seem to try to find girls from varied walk of life. he seems to try to get ladies from dif parts of the world or from dif types. Who can line up his girls and classify in a way that makes sense in types and life style? Very Happy Sad Cool pirat sunny queen study .........

Now there's an idea! There's a gal over at IMDB who would probably jump at the opportunity! Brahahaha!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 10 May 2013, 04:21

Ha ha he heee

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 10 May 2013, 04:22

Shocked
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Fri 10 May 2013, 04:56

Lorna you devil you! Now that's one coupling I'd pay to see! But I doubt she's got the "look." And, if she's older than 35...poor thing just won't have a chance! Not to mention those crotch shots.

And while her ramblings are crazy, I think she may be too articulate for our George.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 10 May 2013, 04:57

OofOof wrote:Lorna you devil you! Now that's one coupling I'd pay to see! But I doubt she's got the "look." And, if she's older than 35...poor thing just won't have a chance! Not to mention those crotch shots.

And while her ramblings are crazy, I think she may be too articulate for our George.

LMAO!!!

But you have to give her points for clever. She's able to sign on as multiple people but then the crazy comes out when she starts talking to her other "personas." I often wonder if she's like one of those folks with multiple personalities, like Sybil.

Ah, but I have to stop - it's not good to speak ill of the mentally ill - cause that's what she is and it's sad to see.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Fri 10 May 2013, 05:21

Too funny.

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 10 May 2013, 17:34

Mazy, I think you're sweet, bighearted and idealistic and those a rare quality these days. Don't change. The world needs more like you.

At the same time, I think Lorna's view is a realistic, common sense take on the media's collective reporting. I don't get that she's condemning anyone, just calling it the way she sees it.

I appreciate both sides and hope both of you keep posting your opinons. They both have merit.

And btw, it bugs the crap out of me, too, when folks post in such a way as to allude that they have the inside track on George. If you do, then validate it with credible evidence and chuck the elitist attitude. C'mon, nobody is impressed with that.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 11 May 2013, 01:09

Whatever any of us say here goes around and by the time it gets back it's the gospel truth. I haven't the time or energy to go back and forth with this. I can see that it is my turn to be put down so be it.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Sat 11 May 2013, 02:57

The last paragraph of my post had nothing to do with you, Mazy.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sat 11 May 2013, 03:56

I would never put you down either Mazy. I respect you for all you do with your causes and love that you care so much about George. The world needs more of you!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 11 May 2013, 14:00

You know I keep reading the words, "Went into it with their eyes wide open." Sometimes those eyes aren't wide enough. How many of us did something that we thought was OK to do at the time, and then later thought, "What the hell was I thinking?" I don't think these women had/have a clue what they're getting themselves into. To me, what they don't realize is how much they will be associated (and not in a good way) as one of G's ex-girlfriends for the rest of their lives. Any one of those women could win the Nobel Peace Prize (or should that be Nobel Piece Prize!) and in the next sentence it will be "Former girlfriend of GC." Kind of like a sexually transmitted disease - fun at the time, almost impossible to get rid of.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 11 May 2013, 15:17

Except that you seem to forget premiere, that they all also have pictures of themselves on the internet in less than glorious circumstances, with the exception of Celine I believe...that would follow them around till the day they die too but that doesn't seem to bother them all that much either, so I sincerely doubt that the handle of "George Clooney's exgirlfriend" has much of a negative connotation to it, unlike the nude or nearly nude poses most of them can be seen in any day of the week on the internet.
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 11 May 2013, 17:00

I don't believe for one minute that these girls don't know what's going on and what they're signing up for. The early ones, before the advent of the internet, maybe so. But, if we KNOW George how we KNOW George, then they know the score. They, or their team, have scoured the internet for any and all stories George and they know his history. Do I think he's toxic, NO, however, he is intoxicating.

I think Lorna stated above (sorry if I'm wrong, but my CRS is majorly kicking in today) that she can take his personal life into making her decisions if she's going to buy a ticket to his film, or buy a DVD. I have several "stars" who I don't see their films or listen to their music as I don't like their "out in the public personal life", but that's my choice and my protest of them for their choices. Everyone is entitled to his or her opinion.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Sat 11 May 2013, 17:05

Amen mel! Especially this:

Do I think he's toxic, NO, however, he is intoxicating.

10 out of 10 Hell yeah! cheers
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down