George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Has George Clooney changed?

+22
bunny
very vera
it's me
madsky
cindigirl
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
noodle
Lakin460
Lighterside
janieb
Katiedot
OofOof
melbert
theminis
LornaDoone
Maggy
Mazy
lelacorb
cupcake
Joanna
Dior
GCfollower
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Has George Clooney changed? - Page 2 Empty Re: Has George Clooney changed?

Post by Dior Wed 20 Feb 2013, 22:41

This is not changing, it's called aging.
Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Wed 20 Feb 2013, 22:50

Lt Cdr Georgie Stout wrote:On a side note, I believe that the poster to whom you refer is several people or at least 3. More than likely antagonizers or provocateurs because you females gang up on them like an ambush.
I just had a look at Joanna Dungworth's Fbk page & I think she's a beautiful lady. Great photos too.

As for calling them "nutters" or mental, you females are offensive. I remember some thread by a poster Vera here who had emotional issues & was open about them.

Cindigirl -> lacking spontaneity at times when discussions seem too obvious as pushing agendas/opinions/ objectives.

BACK TO TOPIC -> if George Clooney is changing, perhaps he's maturing...Older, wiser, different priorities, needs.. All speculation but happens to most people.

i was open about it because the timing was right and i was getting over everything finally. my " emotional issues" were not entirely all me though there WAS some blame but i don't blame anymore. as i have worked through it. whereas some of these other people will most likely need intensive care i did not need it as bad. most of it i worked though on my own, whereas these others need extreme care with years of psychiatry if not institionalized for a number of years..

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 20 Feb 2013, 22:53

Lt Cdr Georgie Stout wrote:
Cindigirl -> lacking spontaneity at times when discussions seem too obvious as pushing agendas/opinions/ objectives.

I think this can be classified as "staying on topic" which Katie strongly recommends.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Lt Cdr Georgie Stout Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:04

Very Vera -> yes, now I recall your posts. You spent a month in an institution & received therapy. Glad you resolved it & were brave to open up.
You'll find that some of these others are trolls who are usually impish & like to antagonize & play pranks. Immature, mischievous behavior. Rolling Eyes
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Lt Cdr Georgie Stout
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:14

Thank you! i have always been brave. these trolls have been on here for quite some time now. i just ignore it. i don't post much but your avatar attracted me. it's really funny LOL

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:33

I think George may be getting tired of the game and, while I don't think his relationship with Stacy is a great love affair, I think she may be the "lucky" (depends on your feelings about love) one he settles for, at least for a few more years. She's easy going and undemanding (or so it would appear) is used to and enjoys the Hollywood lifestyle, needs to be in the public eye for her own career so doesn't mind the constant papping and is obviously willing to cater to his sexual needs. He seems like he's in pain much of the time, in the pics we see and that can make even the strongest person more needy.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:34

Oh ya...forgot to send in my bill for this month to Stan but my lack of spontaneity has apparently cut my payment in half!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Wed 20 Feb 2013, 23:55

OofOof wrote:Oh ya...forgot to send in my bill for this month to Stan but my lack of spontaneity has apparently cut my payment in half!

Hysterical Laughing
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 00:21

cindigirl wrote:At the risk of lacking spontaneity I'd like to add that I think George has changed, become more distant and more cautious. But then who can blame him? Almost everything he says or shares gets blown out of proportion. Earlier in his career I think he shared too much about himself and now he's learned to choose his words in interviews.

And Lt. Cdr please explain how our posts lack spontaneity.

I agree in that, he definitely strikes me as someone who is way more cautious and guarded than in the recent past. Part of that may be the overwhelming interest in his love life and the personal need for him to try and keep some privacy. I don't blame him in the least.

In other ways, I don't see it as such a huge personal change, but I do like that he's more involved in the humanitarian side of things than when in his younger years, and a lot of that is due to having the power/celebrity to do something about it. Not all changes are negative.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:09

So true Theminis! I love your positive nature. You're right. He's grown up and he cares deeply about the people in the Sudan. And, it's not a cause that shows huge improvement...it's lots of baby steps and it's not as "sexy" as a lot of causes. It gets virtually no coverage by the us media. The only time, we are asked to think about it is when George does something and the subsequent publicity tears our media away from the Kardashians.

Oh, and your post was very spontaneous if I do say so myself!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:17

Couldn't agree with you more, Theminis.

His Nibs has already said that he gives time every day to the causes close to his heart, such as South Sudan and Satellite Sentinel - and as we know raises and gives a huge amount of money to them - and is hugely admired for his commitment.

He hasn't changed. That was always there. But his status brings him power and he uses it very well, whilst trying to have as normal a life as possible. As well as having fun of course!

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:32

Thank you Oof,

See from my point of view, its one thing and perfectly okay to throw money at a cause (I donate to 4 each and every year) but I feel for me personally, its so much more rewarding for yourself and others to give of your time (when so much of us have so few of it). That's why I admire George, he gets out and there and tries to get things done...
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:36

Very true Party-Animal - and I bet a million dollars that even when he is vacationing in Como/Cabo/LA wherever, he's still working on something. I very much admire his energy levels, note to self, must start taking vitamins!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:41

Agree. I know the causes I donate time to rather than just money mean more to me than those that get a charitable donation each year. I've only done it a few times but if you haven't volunteered for Habitat, it's a wonderful experience. And, giving time to your local food bank is also eye opening. The fact that George both gets out into the field, and it's not a celebrity tour--he's actually going into a war zone AND continues to contribute to the cause, for so many years is quite rare in celebrity land.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 01:47

Im donating 1 day of my time (yeah I know real big of me HA) but its for the Royal Childrens Hospital Good Friday Appeal. Ive been donating each Good Friday for over 15 years, but being as they literally saved the life of one of my children (no exaggeration), I had a real awakening recently I guess and felt with every bone in my body I wanted to do more. So working all day on stalls at a friends Café/Restaurant and helping to care for the some of the special needs children who have been invited. My 3 little ones will be with me for most of the day, so hoping it will be a bit of a teaching moment as well as them having a great day.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 21 Feb 2013, 03:18

Sounds wonderful! Good luck and have fun.
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 03:25

Thank you - Im sure it will be a rewarding day..
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 21 Feb 2013, 06:03

Hug1 you so sweet! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 21 Feb 2013, 07:04

Isnt donating yourself a good feeling, the minis? It makes a warm fuzzy spot in your heart. Good for you for doing it so long, for such a worthy cause.
Vera Vera, like your avatar.
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Thu 21 Feb 2013, 07:06

thanks Deb!

very vera

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Thu 21 Feb 2013, 09:00

Thanks Playful, It's Me, it does feel good, really good x
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Thu 21 Feb 2013, 14:34

I concur with all of you in a sense there is a change; to me it is more like George is evolving into the next stage of his life. I have heard him say in an interview, (cannot remember which one) how much he like the being in the creativity of the movie business. He always wants to be able to work in it in some foam. He doesn’t think he will be “leading star” material for that much more.

That is one of the reasons that he wants to do more writing, producing and directing. Another what I got from the interview; when you are a creative person you keeping pushing yourself and stretching in that way. It is like an artist goes from more simplistic art and stretch their abilities further to more complex in whatever the media they use.
It might not always be apparent but to me he seems to have a plan set out for himself for his future endeavors. I for one dread the day he feels that he is no longer star material, I feel he will always will be, maybe in different genres.

I am not sure how or if Stacy fits into that plan. She is not my favorite women however I assume part of that is the jealousy factor you have when you care about a celebrity? The only thing I worry about that relationship is that she wants a career in her own right, which she is entitled. The age difference being what it is she will be on the go more when George is want to slow down more. But who knows I am sure he has thought of that too.

Blow horn
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 21 Feb 2013, 16:55

he is so much disciplined
in his businnes

and rigid
in his plans

that I guess he has already set a schedule
about this time in his life
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 21 Feb 2013, 17:03

Seem to remember a comment (possibly hearsay) that His Nibs made on the Paul McCartney/Nancy Shevell link up, about her keeping him young, and how he wouldn't say no.......I'm sure love comes into it too!.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Thu 21 Feb 2013, 17:14

Difference there is that Paul was married for years and then almost immediately married again after Linda died. Then, after that didn't work out, he hooked up with his latest (who seems like a real and nice person) partner pretty quickly. Paul seems to be the opposite of George. He's a guy who enjoys being in longterm and committed relationships, albeit with younger women just like George and 90% of celebs these days!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 Fri 22 Feb 2013, 04:40

I rather think he has changed for the better. When he was just a young stud, he was just that. Now that he has aged, well, as much as I hate to use the old wine euphemism, it is true. He has matured, added character and the fact that he is such a humanitarian and dedicates his life to bettering someones other than just his own, well that speaks for itself!
aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy Fri 22 Feb 2013, 23:32

it's me wrote:he is so much disciplined
in his businnes

and rigid
in his plans

that I guess he has already set a schedule
about this time in his life

A schedule that involves promoting alleged "pr arranged relationships" to keep him supposedly constantly exposed in the media? Work ( film, advertising commercial contracts) & humanitarian aid dove-tailing, all incorporated in this tight, rigid schedule?
Others depend on his success for their livelihood. Like a domino effect. so his benevolence extends to his conscientious concern that others' interests take precedence. Halo
All pre-planned until he's 55 or 60.
By the VFF this year, there'll no doubt be another repetition of this worn out theme that's spanned over 10 years, & lost its "newsworthy" effect. Sleep Image reinvention long overdue as it's reached cliche status.
George Clooney ALONE can make the changes in the vector of the publicity machine behind him, if he wanted. Despite those that advise him to use his "head" (brain) & that "he'll be embarrassed or criticized," if he didn't adhere to their advice.
Evelyn Healy
Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy Fri 22 Feb 2013, 23:49

[deleted by katiedot for abusing another poster]
Evelyn Healy
Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by aflower1325 Sat 23 Feb 2013, 00:09

Perhaps we should keep this to the original topic. Wink
aflower1325
aflower1325
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 00:32

I agree. But I read the previous page on this thread...

Changed? He's maturing & aging.
Psychologists analyze people who are objectified.
Someone on George's celebrity level & even anyone who promotes themselves in the public like a "brand" usually has a more egotistical & narcissistic point of view. They have to condition themselves for years as having a high opinion of their abilities & attributes in order to be successful.
It doesn't impact on them negatively, however they sometimes lose perspective. There always needs to be a balance.

Sometimes transition & self-realization takes longer.
He's reached a milestone age & he's reflecting.
You can fight the aging process (treatments in Switzerland?? Laughing ); you can be genetically blessed; but a sound mind mature & gets wiser. And priorities & needs change.
Evelyn Healy
Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 01:16

Joanna I have two little dogs and they both have a toe fetish, it must be a thing with little dogs. Very Happy
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyn Healy Sat 23 Feb 2013, 01:25

deleted by katiedot for abusing another poster
Evelyn Healy
Evelyn Healy
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2