George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars

5 posters

Go down

Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars Empty Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Feb 2013, 03:24

Finally managed to get this to embed!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oscars Flashback '06: Clooney the Conman

By ROBERT PACE February 13, 2013

While acting worked out well for him, George Clooney could have been a successful salesman (or conman) if he'd chosen to be. After winning his first Oscar, the charming, smooth-talking actor demonstrates his commanding persuasion on ET's correspondent.

At the 2006 Oscars, Clooney was up for his first Oscar for his supporting role in the political thriller Syriana, which he won.

Before celebrating at the post-show Governors Ball, he stops to talk with ET's former correspondent Jann Carl, on whom he exhibits the same persuasive technique that won him the Oscar that he held in his hand.

"Listen, we have to go. Sorry. Can't talk," Clooney quickly utters to Mrs. Carl, giving her the impression that he won't be able to do an interview with her.

She takes the bait of Clooney's convincingly executed prank, which gives him and his conspiring aide a laugh.

VIDEO: Oscars Flashback '08: Day-Lewis Kisses Clooney

The ever-confident Clooney reveals that he felt like he was the one who was conned when he heard his name called as the recipient of the Best Supporting Actor award. The first-time Oscar-winner divulges that he hesitated to believe it was reality.

"You're not quite sure that you're supposed to go up there," he says. "You're just going, 'Are you sure I'm going up now?' ... 'cause I wasn't quite sure what to say or what to do."

Clooney had also been nominated for two other Oscars that night for directing and writing Good Night, and Good Luck, both which he didn't win.

However, he has maintained a steady pattern of Oscar nominations since receiving his first that year and has been nominated for an award every other year since then for Best Actor (2008: Michael Clayton, 2010: Up in the Air, 2012: The Descendants).

In his off-year for Best Actor this year, Clooney is nominated as a producer on another political thriller: Argo.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars Empty Re: Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars

Post by OofOof Thu 14 Feb 2013, 03:44

I think he could win over anyone. It must be so amazing to be his GF and it must be soooooooo hard to have it all go away. He most definitely has "it."
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars Empty Re: Video: George Clooney at the 2006 Oscars

Post by it's me Thu 14 Feb 2013, 06:33

WOW !!!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 14 Feb 2013, 10:14

Thanks so much, Katie. That's the one! Whatever happened to Mrs Carl?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Feb 2013, 12:20

On her IMDb, it doesn't look like she's done much since '09. Just a couple presenting things.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down