George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL'

+10
Mazy
Best in Category
lucy
Maggy
LornaDoone
Joanna
it's me
fava
silly girl
laetval
14 posters

Go down

Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' Empty Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL'

Post by laetval Fri 25 Jan 2013, 15:52

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney may be one of (make that the) hottest man in Hollywood, but looks combined with an impressive career haven’t gone to his head. In fact he does the very opposite of what you’d expect of a man with such talents.

When Marie Claire caught up with Anna Kendrick as she promoted her latest movie, End of Watch starring Jake Gyllenhaal she couldn’t escape a polite drilling about working with another very hot actor.

Anna and George Clooney first met during filming for Up in the Air and that’s where she discovered the magic behind one of the most lusted-after men.

She told us: ‘It was really fortunate that on one of my first big movies I got to work with George Clooney he is someone who has really managed to live a real and normal life and be the same generous person in spite of the way his life is.

‘That was a really lucky thing for me to see someone in that position who is so diligent about trying to just be a real person.’

Good looking and down-to-earth, now that’s a catch!

While Anna may be all praise for George she did reveal she has a soft spot for British men, after all she is dating, English writer/director Edgar Wright. She revealed what it is about Brits that Americans seem to like so much.

Anna said: ‘Well I think aside from the adorable accent, the sense of humour is a big part of it. American guys try really hard to be funny, but there’s a self deprecating humour with British guys that I think is really appealing and endearing.’
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' Empty Re: Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL'

Post by silly girl Fri 25 Jan 2013, 16:00

I know people always say he is down to earth but it is sadly we don't always get to see it. All we have seen lately is a bunch of promotions and red carpet appearances. I know he wants to be private but it might serve him better if he could be seen being just an average person.

I feel sorry for the celebrities who work with him, they can't get away from the questions.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL' Empty Re: Anna Kendrick on George Clooney's attempts to be 'NORMAL'

Post by fava Fri 25 Jan 2013, 22:11

I agree that he tries to be a "real" person. The living a normal life part, I have my doubts....

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Jan 2013, 22:30

he can try
at least

no?
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 25 Jan 2013, 22:32

Oh well....what is normal anyway ? LOL

The ten thousand dollar question that is.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Jan 2013, 23:18

normal... let me think scratch

have a more steady relationship
so to have
full trust and affinity
making an attachment that can
put his life in balance

and maybe then
trying with a baby
on his own
or adopted

so to build a 'more normal' life

so to experience what are
the burdens many ppl have
Smile
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 25 Jan 2013, 23:25

gotta disagree with one point it's me

people who don't have children are not abnormal. Not every one wants kids and personally I've never had um and haven't missed them.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 25 Jan 2013, 23:42

I'm only saying that
having them
is a 'common' thing
in building a 'common' life
so
you can put that too
in the recipe
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 25 Jan 2013, 23:48

I agreed, IM.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sat 26 Jan 2013, 01:39

I am thinking of normal more in terms of the little things (although it may apply to major life choices as well): going to a ball game, browsing in a book store, walking on the beach. Not sure G can really do any of these things.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sat 26 Jan 2013, 03:37

fava wrote:I am thinking of normal more in terms of the little things (although it may apply to major life choices as well): going to a ball game, browsing in a book store, walking on the beach. Not sure G can really do any of these things.

I think he's mentioned that some of those things are not possible to do. He did go to a ball game last year with Stacy and her family but it's not often and even if he does go he's going to be asked to take pictures with people so it can't be the same as just going and enjoying the game. But I do remember an interview he did where he said that he missed those type of things but people don't want to hear him complain - he's got a really good life and he realizes it so he makes a point not to complain about those things.

Walking the beach COULD be done if he went to one of the private beaches - for instance it is possible to do that in Malibu and he certainly could do that early in the morning on a Sunday for instance, I've driven along there and certain beaches are completely empty early in the mornings.

But I get the feeling that George isn't a big beach walker! HA!

But fava I think you're correct most of these he probably couldn't do - at least not without some forethought and planning and possibly security - depending on where he goes.

I don't feel sorry for him - but I don't think I'd want that kind of life.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 26 Jan 2013, 05:06

Normal for most of us isn't normal for someone with George's fame. Think he use to be down to earth, low key, but that ended.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 26 Jan 2013, 05:47

I don't want to carry
bad luck! Suspect
but there will come that time
in which he will no more
drag paps wherever he goes

it will be surely later
but... I dunno
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Sat 26 Jan 2013, 07:14

What´s normal is eternal question.

Biggest life changes come with kids. And it is funny how similarly people are surprised by it. (I asked once this divorced father of 4, why he is single ? He said he felt they had nothing in common with his wife and the house was full with noisy kids he hadn´t slept in 7 years, so he left.)

The reality of many times at night feedings, changing 10,000 diapers and the fact that a baby born now will cost $1,000,000 by age 18!

A child should be wanted, not needed. Many give a child a job before they're even here — the job of saving their relationship/ marriage, of making your spouse settle down, of living out your unfulfilled dreams…

What I´ve seen and heard, it sounds like you don´t need to be normal but nearly superhuman to survive and manage to raise a happy, healthy child who finds his/her own place in life. Very Happy

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 26 Jan 2013, 08:10

It is funny everyone thinks that you have to be married and have children to have a full normal life. I do not feel that is so, I have been done there and done that twice. Here I am two husbands later and three children that I was able to carry full term, alone. When #2 died young I promised my daughter I would not give her a stepfather.

Now they are all off in their own world with their own lives. You cannot imagine all the people I met down in Florida; mostly women; that are alone. When they die then you see their children because they have to pay someone to dispose of all the belongings and sell the home.

That’s it then they go back to their world as if nothing happened. I say you have to really want children to have them. I at least can make a life for myself and I thank God everyday for my kids. However, I know many that have not had any and some that wished they did not have any. It all depends on the person because there are a lot of people that should never have children, ever.
JMHO
Mazy
Mazy
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 26 Jan 2013, 09:41

lucy wrote:Normal for most of us isn't normal for someone with George's fame. Think he use to be down to earth, low key, but that ended.
I agree with you.

I think he tries to be normal and down to earth and probably compared to a lot of stars he is, but his normal isn't ours. He's both a millionaire and a star and that means a different lifestyle.

Partly it's out of his hands because he can't just go to a supermarket, walk down a street, take the subway etc etc but also some of it is choice. He has been known to fly economy on short haul flights in Europe, not sure if he still does.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 26 Jan 2013, 12:45

Eurostar too, apparently....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cynisca Sat 26 Jan 2013, 14:19

Well, maybe some low key normality would add balance in his life. Keeps things in perspective.

Some of the longest & most successful marriages/ partnerships in Hollywood have been between couples where one partner is out of the limelight and only ventures there when required, supporting its celebrity other half.
Such as Jeff Bridges, Dustin Hoffman, Ron Howard, Meryl Streep, Martin Sheen and Matt Damon, to name a few...

Cynisca
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 26 Jan 2013, 17:34

Maybe when he "disappears" he is being normal. We don't know because we don't see him.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down