George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyToday at 09:59 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY

+12
Maggy
m4rose
fava
Katiedot
janieb
The next mrs clooney
OofOof
lolo"layla"
lelacorb
silly girl
watching
16 posters

Go down

Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY Empty Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY

Post by watching Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:14

Stacy Keibler on Ravens, WWE, projects
December, 4, 2012

Former Baltimore Ravens cheerleader and WWE superstar Stacy Keibler teamed with NBA legend Dikembe Mutombo in New York on Tuesday to launch the Old Spice video game "Dikembe Mutombo's 4.5 Weeks to Save the World."

Keibler was in town to help Mutombo embark on globe-saving missions based on current news that could be considered signs the Mayan apocalyptic prophecy -- that the world will end Dec. 21, 2012 -- is correct.

Playbook had a few minutes to talk with Keibler.

At 5-foot-11, you're pretty tall. How is it standing next to the 7-foot-2 Mutombo?

I feel like a little girl next to him.

So you were born just outside Baltimore and worked for the Ravens as a cheerleader when you were 18. They just came off a tough loss to the Steelers. Think they can win the Super Bowl?

I have season tickets and I'm still a huge fan. I always go back to at least one game. I'm with them through thick and thin, and I'm confident they will do well this year.

What's your thoughts on your wrestling career (1999-2006) as a manager and occasional wrestler?

Everything is a steppingstone. It was a great chapter in my life. I spent eight years touring the world and I have wonderful memories. I love my fans. But I've moved on to other things.

You've worked with various humanitarian organizations recently. What has that meant to you?

I think it's a responsibility for everyone to give back. With the holidays just around the corner, it's not all about getting. It's about giving. Either as a volunteer. A charity. Helping a friend.

And how is it coming with your healthy snack food line?

We're still in development. But I just set up a trust to raise money for child obesity. We need to re-educate people about what they are putting in their bodies. You can heal your body with food. It can prevent cancer and prevent childhood obesity. You need to be smart about what you put in your body. It's a huge epidemic right now.

You've been dating George Clooney for several years. How do you keep your personal lives to yourselves?

It's really not anyone's business. A personal life is a personal life. I know there has to be a happy medium being in the public eye. You just have to remember not to give everything to everybody!

Link
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY Empty Re: Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY

Post by watching Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:18

Images at that site that rhymes with Betty. Link

Oddly, Stacy isn't flashing any skin at this event.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY Empty Re: Stacy working by attending video game launch in NY

Post by silly girl Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:23

thanks Watching, I have been looking all day --- go out for a bit and come home and there is the link. Go figure.

I want to say something snarky regarding her comment about her personal life but can't put it into words....her comments sound snippy----jmo....

Last edited by silly girl on Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : change thought)

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:24

watching wrote:Images at that site that rhymes with Betty. Link

Oddly, Stacy isn't flashing any skin at this event.

Betty, I do not understand what you want to say!
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Tue 04 Dec 2012, 21:37

Zimbio now has the pics. More at Link

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Wed 05 Dec 2012, 00:06

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

That's Beautiful

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 05 Dec 2012, 01:14

Hey all! Just got home after a wonderful break from life. My stylist who is also a good friend came home with me and he's looking over my shoulder as I look at all the photos you uploaded. His comment after looking at several photos of Stacy over the past month? She's got several VERY expensive (hair) extensions. For this photo, based on pics he's seen of her hair much shorter just a few weeks back, he says she's probably wearing at least several thousand dollars worth of hair extensions.

I showed Mr. B photos of the Argo Red Carpet when she wore that black cutout dress. That hair extension was not as expensive in his view as it was evident the pony wasn't hers. These hair extensions are spendy.

I don't want her hair...mine's still hanging in there while other parts are going south (-: ...but...I do wish I had the money she has to spend on hair extensions!

Last edited by OofOof on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 01:15; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : So tired I missed several words!)
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Wed 05 Dec 2012, 01:18

No matter how good the extension, they damage your real hair. She should leave the extensions alone and work on getting her own hair into good shape before it all falls out and she has nothing to attach the extensions to. Guess then at least she would be able to start her own wig line Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 05 Dec 2012, 01:31

TNMC: Funny girl! Yes, Mr. B, my hair guy, agreed with you on hair extensions damaging your real hair. He's had lots of new clients of late who did that--wore hair extensions everyday and ended up with bald spots throughout their hair. And many people apparently end up with receding hairlines. He said they weren't meant to be worn everyday but only every once in a while. Celebs are out in public everyday and so in today's society where women apparently must have pert butts, pert but large boobs, plump cheeks but be thin everywhere else, slamming abs and wear almost nothing at all times, they also must have long and thick hair. I really hate what we're doing to young girls today with so much pressure being put on them to look perfect!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by janieb Wed 05 Dec 2012, 02:21

OofOof wrote:TNMC: Funny girl! Yes, Mr. B, my hair guy, agreed with you on hair extensions damaging your real hair. He's had lots of new clients of late who did that--wore hair extensions everyday and ended up with bald spots throughout their hair. And many people apparently end up with receding hairlines. He said they weren't meant to be worn everyday but only every once in a while. Celebs are out in public everyday and so in today's society where women apparently must have pert butts, pert but large boobs, plump cheeks but be thin everywhere else, slamming abs and wear almost nothing at all times, they also must have long and thick hair. I really hate what we're doing to young girls today with so much pressure being put on them to look perfect!

I totally agree with you!
janieb
janieb
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Dec 2012, 09:45

Totally agree. The human Barbie look is here to stay. Pretty much every female celebrity has hair extensions (and don't get me started on the spray tan and false eyelashes) so there's nothing natural being promoted.

The best thing you can do for your hair is eat protein - that's what the body needs to make long and thick hair.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Wed 05 Dec 2012, 13:12

I hate to say it, but I am a cynical about her new charity. Does anyone else think it is (partially-she may have good intentions) about being seen as a charitable person? What are the funds going to be used for? I have not seen any specifics about how she is going to takle the problem or what she is going to add to the solutions. There are already some big names-Michelle Obama, Jamie Oliver--involved in this issue. I think it is a step in the campaign of exercise and food as the "right" direction for he careerr. It may be the only direction. Acting is obviously not it. A charitable link might also help her "healthy snack food" line.

I agree that childhood obesity is a worthy cause--but it is also self-serving for her to choose it. Did she choose international sex trafficking in children? refugees? the red cross? cancer research? No. Watch for her healthy snack food to give part of the profits to this charity (if it ever gets on shelves) and for guest appearances on The Biggest Loser. Perhaps this is step one in a attempt to build a lifestyle brand of healthy foods , exercise wear and tv tie-ins.

Maybe the funds will be raised to promote cleanses for children..........

Last edited by fava on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 14:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:21

Have to agree with you Fava. I think maybe she's struggling to find that something that will make her the big money. She is never going to make it as an actress. Her only niche in the entertainment industry seems like hosting, but it is harder than that looks. If she does well with that supermarket thing, then I suspect we won't hear another word about her food line or charity. If she bombs, she'll continue to push those areas.

Thing is, Jamie Oliver and Mrs. O have long been involved in the child obesity fight. Both have qualifications and experience in this area that Stacy doesn't. Stacy's only real "qualification" with regard to childhood obesity is that she's thin! She's never had kids and she's not a chef or dietician. And, it doesn't appear that she's ever been obese. The things I've heard her say are all regurgitations of either common sense (organic food is better for you) or things she's heard from her trainers.

A clothing line of exercise clothes along with a video featuring her trainer seems more along the lines of what she should do. I don't think she'll actually produce a food line unless a big company hires her to be the face of their product. And I doubt the trust will do much...sadly.

She seems like a person struggling to find her place in life. It's hard to find that thing you do well and enjoy. And, it would be horrible to be doing it in front of millions! She does seem much younger than 33 in maturity though but maybe that's what appeals to G?

Last edited by OofOof on Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:23; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Too many sadly's.)
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Dec 2012, 16:47

I think her job is being a celebrity. And as much as it pisses me off to say this, nowadays that's a job that requires no skills or talents. The world is full of c- and d-listers swanning around the gossip pages earning millions just for breathing.

As far as I can see, she fits right in there.

Doing charitable things is all part and parcel of being a celebrity. Paint me cynical if you like, but whether you genuinely care for the cause or not isn't really relevant: as long as you raise funds and awareness, the charity isn't going to complain.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Wed 05 Dec 2012, 17:43

The world seems to becoming a much sadder place in my opinion. We now live in a society that not very often celebrates the "good" but rather the "bad or questionable" behavior. People have become famous because of stains on their dresses, sex tapes, or bad boy/girl behavior. And also for having no talent but being in the limelight...aka Kardashians, Keibler, Snooki......and yet, us little folks are from the time we start school, told you have to have an education to get ahead in life. You have to have an education to get a good job and earn decent money. But yet, the professions who take huge risks every day (first responders), are teaching our children, and caring for us (healthcare workers) are underpaid and at times underappreciated.

So although I applaude Stacy for making a living basically doing nothing and making a fortune in the mean time, it makes me sad in my heart that she is celebrated and admired and yet the teachers, first responders, etc are not.

I wish there was a way we could reverse the trend and lower the pay for actors, athletes, and no talent wannabes and instead put the money into education, healthcare, first responders and others who on a daily basis struggle to make ends meet.

Getting off my soapbox now. Thanks for listening....or reading in this case if you did.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Dec 2012, 17:45

And this take on it from Kaiser:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are new photos of Stacy Keibler at an event for… something something Old Spice. Let’s see… it was the launch of an “Old Spice video game” (WTF?) called “Dikembe Mutombo’s 4.5 Weeks to Save the World.” Something about the Mayan apocalypse etc. Stacy did the appearance with Mutombo, and I’m guessing this was totally a paid appearance. Those video games have a crazy amount of money to spread around, so Stacy probably banked mid-five-figures (at least) for a couple of hours of work. Should we talk about her outfit? I actually like her jacket, although it’s too stiff and I know people are going to scream “PREGNANT!” at her. I feel very confident that she’s not pregnant. I feel pretty confident that Clooney had a vasectomy so there would be no “surprises”. I also have to say… Stacy is looking “hard” here. Too much Botox or too much hard living or something. She looks old before her time.

Anyway, to promote this Old Spice video game (seriously, WTF?), Stacy also did a quickie interview with ESPN. Because why not? You can read the full thing here, but here’s all of the relevant stuff:

ESPN: At 5-foot-11, you’re pretty tall. How is it standing next to the 7-foot-2 Mutombo?
Keibler: I feel like a little girl next to him.

So you were born just outside Baltimore and worked for the Ravens as a cheerleader when you were 18. They just came off a tough loss to the Steelers. Think they can win the Super Bowl?
I have season tickets and I’m still a huge fan. I always go back to at least one game. I’m with them through thick and thin, and I’m confident they will do well this year.

What’s your thoughts on your wrestling career (1999-2006) as a manager and occasional wrestler?
Everything is a steppingstone. It was a great chapter in my life. I spent eight years touring the world and I have wonderful memories. I love my fans. But I’ve moved on to other things.

You’ve worked with various humanitarian organizations recently. What has that meant to you?
I think it’s a responsibility for everyone to give back. With the holidays just around the corner, it’s not all about getting. It’s about giving. Either as a volunteer. A charity. Helping a friend.

And how is it coming with your healthy snack food line?
We’re still in development. But I just set up a trust to raise money for child obesity. We need to re-educate people about what they are putting in their bodies. You can heal your body with food. It can prevent cancer and prevent childhood obesity. You need to be smart about what you put in your body. It’s a huge epidemic right now.

You’ve been dating George Clooney for several years. How do you keep your personal lives to yourselves?
It’s really not anyone’s business. A personal life is a personal life. I know there has to be a happy medium being in the public eye. You just have to remember not to give everything to everybody!

[From ESPN]

Has it been “several years”? No. It’s been about a year and a half, tops. They got together in the summer of 2011, although it seemed more like an international booty call at the time. Do you remember that? Clooney was staying at Lake Como and he pretty much ordered up Stacy and she flew to him, then flew back to LA when he was done with her, and then he called her again a month later or something. The beginning of their relationship was definitely weird. As for Stacy’s “It’s really not anyone’s business. A personal life is a personal life” – good girl. Keep it vague. Don’t offer up too much. I think Clooney has her on notice since she started trying on engagement rings in September.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:13

I agree with all of you smart ladies.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:25

Stacy talked about her personal life and as long as George had something to say and when no one interviewer wrote on twitter or facebook today no longer speaks perhaps because he sees it and badly?
lelacorb
lelacorb

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Wed 05 Dec 2012, 18:51

M4Rose your response was wonderful as far as who is deemed successful in this country! Teachers, first responders, the people who care for our kids and our parents...the list goes on...these people struggle to make al living while celebrities, in the vein that Katie describes, make money for doing absolutely nothing. CEO's who run companies into the ground are given golden parachutes. Athletes are paid millions of dollars. It boggles the mind!

Have to agree with everyone--the fact that Stacy (and it's not her fault, it's the way things are...)can make what most teachers make in a year, helping to promote a video game is a sad comment on our society!
OofOof
OofOof

Back to top Go down

Post by . Wed 05 Dec 2012, 20:29

M4Rose you're great

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Wed 05 Dec 2012, 20:43

I think she is standing like a wrestler in these pics .

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 05 Dec 2012, 23:15

Stacy saying that she's got plans with her parents to travel over the holidays as they always do. And she talks about the video game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Dec 2012, 23:26

I wish there was a way we could reverse the trend and lower the pay for actors, athletes, and no talent wannabes and instead put the money into education, healthcare, first responders and others who on a daily basis struggle to make ends meet.

I agree m4rose
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 05 Dec 2012, 23:38

Well, of course Our Hero has already stated that he believes he should be taxed more to benefit others, hasn't he?

I guess while there's demand for celebrities, their pay's unlikely to be reduced..........think it's called supply and demand

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Dec 2012, 23:41

party animal - not! wrote:Well, of course Our Hero has already stated that he believes he should be taxed more to benefit others, hasn't he?

I guess while there's demand for celebrities, their pay's unlikely to be reduced..........think it's called supply and demand

yes
you are right too

but it's important to talk abut those issues
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down