George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon

+4
Best in Category
suebee
it's me
Katiedot
8 posters

Go down

George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon Empty George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon

Post by Katiedot Thu 29 Nov 2012, 03:35

It's weird, every now and then George's name comes up in relation to gambling. Other than the occasional comment from the filming of Ocean's 11, I don't think I've ever read anything about George and gambling, especially not about him taking part in celebrity poker tournaments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Celebrities who Love to Gamble

By Amore Magazine, Tue, November 27, 2012

The common link between Hollywood and Las Vegas is getting closer. When it comes to celebrity gamblers there are many that share a common bond, some well known names include George Clooney, Ben Affleck, Matthew Perry, Matt Damon, Tobey McGuire and Jennifer Tilley. It’s not rare to see them competing in a celebrity poker tournament, and since they’re all such great spenders, they are occasionally privy to a bonus code that allows them to win even more. It’s great for gambling and even better for the celebrity to play poker as they love for a great cause. Gambling has become an exciting energy driven form of entertainment.

Films that have a gambling theme have dominated the market-place for years. From classics like Ocean’s Eleven and Swingers, to Vegas Vacation and When in Vegas – Katy Perry even wrote a song about waking up in the gaming mecca. America has a fascination with celebrities just as it does with winning big.

Even a friendly jab among friends and celebs has played out in the press. In 2011, Matt Damon said in an interview that George Clooney who starred in the gambling heist movie Ocean's Eleven has bad luck at the tables when he took a break from shooting that film.

Damon said, "He's the unluckiest guy at a table by far. I sat there and watched him lose 25 straight hands of blackjack in a row. After about 10 hands I was saying, 'You have to win. You're gonna win a hand,' but he kept saying 'I can't win at cards, it's just something.'

Clooney borrowed $600 from Damon and the next morning returned the money in a unique way. He slipped a check under Damon's door and in the memo section of the check it read, 'for lap dances' knowing that when he went to cash it it would have looked like he had done a lap dance for Clooney. Hey why not? If you're going to lose, why not have some fun with it?

Clooney is in good company after all, we know that there’s a fair-share of other celebrity big names that haven’t had the best of luck with their gambling dollars. Those types include names like Charlie Sheen, Allen Iverson, Charles Barkley, Michael Jordan, and Gladys Knight.

Gambling among celebrities is here to stay and grow as Las Vegas becomes more of a suburb of Los Angeles. Everyone has a favorite game to play. What's yours?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon Empty Re: George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon

Post by it's me Thu 29 Nov 2012, 05:48

crazy.... LOOOL
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon Empty Re: George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon

Post by suebee Thu 29 Nov 2012, 06:07

ok remind me not to sit by george if i ever see him in the city of lost wages, now MJ i would lose my right leg or arm to sit next to him win lose or draw with air jordan, no brainer.

suebee
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 29 Nov 2012, 10:31

Well he has got those films to do now... so. Does he have a poker face?

Best in Category
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Thu 29 Nov 2012, 13:01

i don't know i would be too busy paying homage to my hero michael jordan to wonder about george's face, he has enough of a harem that look's after him. Now talk about dream team MJ, BO & GC shooting hoops, my luck SK get's court seats again.

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Thu 29 Nov 2012, 15:35

I only regognize George´s name there and I have read about the harem but, who are the other people/ initiatives Rolling Eyes

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 29 Nov 2012, 15:58

Video interview from Oceans 13 where George admits he's an unlucky gambler. Watch from .36 point.

Sorry for link, video wouldn't imbed for me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 29 Nov 2012, 16:25

thanks Cindi, I thought I had heard this story before....still pretty funny ....

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Thu 29 Nov 2012, 19:12

@BIC, Their initatives is to do good works, their initials are MJ for the Greatest Basketball to date...Michael Jordan, AIR JORDAN...and BO is Barack Obama...lol silly, silly girl....that's why reference to SK..she got front row court seat invitation by her LOVER BOY GEORGIE PORGIE and all the selfless, endless work she has done to change the world and her Country.....I recently after the election found out she was a Republican, I always thought she was a spy for REPUBLICANS.

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Nov 2012, 19:29

ohhhh
it was 'that' vid....

the well... herm..... dancing balls one? bump

anyway (I guess I said it 100 times already What a Face )
in Italy we say "unlucky at gambling, lucky in I love you love"

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 29 Nov 2012, 20:32

it's me wrote:ohhhh
it was 'that' vid....

LOL it's me, yes that vid is part of the "dancing balls" video. You have a good memory. Smile
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Thu 29 Nov 2012, 20:54

well i guess you are the blessed one it's me to be in love then...good for you...

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Nov 2012, 21:35

mum's lottery went bad today
is it good too?

alien Razz
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 29 Nov 2012, 21:38

Wink cindigirl
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 22:47

it's me wrote:ohhhh
it was 'that' vid....

anyway (I guess I said it 100 times already What a Face )
in Italy we say "unlucky at gambling, lucky in I love you love"

Thumbs up!
Wonder what's the best, lucky at gambling or at love.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 29 Nov 2012, 22:49

Thanks for the vid, Cindi!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Nov 2012, 06:07

the best? Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 30 Nov 2012, 06:15

yes!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:00

Lucky in love is the best, as with money you can't buy it!
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:01

gambling, least you know where you stand...love is fickle....if I lose least I know it and can deal with it and stop the addiction easier than the pain from a supposed hurt love, but look at me preaching to the choir with you two....

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:05

Love can be fickle but I definitely think its more fun than gambling.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:09

bless you theminis maybe one day I will too, again...stranger things have happened in my life of recent..lol....my guardian angels are on loan so when they come back they bring me the loveeeeeeeee! lol..

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Nov 2012, 14:43

Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 30 Nov 2012, 18:46

I say at love, too.

I could live happy at the end of a rainbow
and shining my own golden shoes
but with my side-kick/love next to me. lol!
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 30 Nov 2012, 21:06

Mina Very Happy

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Best in Category Fri 30 Nov 2012, 21:26

Of these two? Lucky at gambling for me, please. Drink 3

Best in Category

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 30 Nov 2012, 21:43

Nice vid, IM.

exactly what I was thinking I love you

Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

George Clooney "the unluckiest gambler" according to Matt Damon Empty sorry left caps on...

Post by suebee Sat 01 Dec 2012, 02:04

@MAGGY YOU WILL GET YOUR WISH TO LIVE AND LOVE YOUR SIDEKICK ONE DAY SOON, I AM SURE....THIS IS MY FAVORITE SONG, BUT GLAD IT'S ME IS MAKING IT YOURS....IT'S LIKE YOU TWO ARE ONE SPIRIT WITH ALWAYS KNOWING WHAT THE OTHER LIKES OR NEEDS AT THE RIGHT TIME OR ON SAME WAVE LENGTH...MY OLD FRIENDS AND I WERE LIKE THAT...

HERE IS A NEW SONG FROM ONE REPUBLIC YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEN SEND TO YOUR SIDE-KICK/LOVE....LOL. I DON'T KNOW HOW TO POST FROM YOUTUBE BUT IT IS CALLED, "FEEL AGAIN"....SONGWRITERS ARE REALLY DOING GOOD LOVE SONGS THESE DAYS...

Last edited by suebee on Sat 01 Dec 2012, 02:17; edited 1 time in total

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by suebee Sat 01 Dec 2012, 02:07

"CLOSER TO LOVE" MATT KEARNY SONG IS A KEEPER ALSO! POST THEM IF YOU CAN AND SHARE THEM WITH OTHERS, BET THEY WILL LIKE THEM TOO..

suebee

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Dec 2012, 03:32

OK everyone, can we keep threads on topic? If you want to share private messages, music etc please PM each other or join the general chit chat in the 'party in the kitchen' section.

Thanks
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 01 Dec 2012, 06:01

ops ! What a Face
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down