George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyToday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after

+30
fava
Missa
party animal - not!
theminis
silly girl
janieb
Merlin
amaretti
Maggy
it's me
MM
lelacorb
Lakin460
Lighterside
Jazz After Dark
LyndaGirl
Henway
hathaross
Natascha
cindigirl
Nanette
lucy
LornaDoone
blubelle
melbert
Dexterdidit
Snoopy
Katiedot
ManhattanMaven
Admin
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 Empty Re: Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after

Post by LizzyNY Thu 30 Apr 2015, 15:43

Way2Old - The "Castle" character is the man (Nathan Fillion) and Stana Katic is "Beckett", the leading lady who supposedly is leaving the show.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after - Page 3 Empty Re: Krista Allen - girlfriend (kinda) 2002 and on and off for some years after

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Apr 2015, 16:12

I was just reading through this thread about Krista. As with other women in G's life it was suggested he had a contractual relationship with her.  Am I in the minority here when I totally discount that George ever, ever contracted relationships with women?  I can't prove that he didn't but can anyone here prove that he had in the past?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 30 Apr 2015, 18:03

It seems you would want a contract relationship for publicity purposes.  Since George never acknowledged he dated her, didn't take her to the Oscars and she often walked 1/2 a block behind him (only slight exaggeration) I don't think she was a contract girlfriend.

As for the other "contract girlfriends" do I think they had a contractual relationship --just for show and that he paid them?  No.  I think they were real relationships (whatever that meant to George at the time)  It would not surprise me however, if there was some type of contract--which included non-disclosure agreement,  a statement by the women that she will not make any financial claims afterwards and that George would pay certain expenses during the relationship (travel, clothes, etc.)

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 01 May 2015, 01:56

fava wrote:As for the other "contract girlfriends" do I think they had a contractual relationship --just for show and that he paid them?  No.  I think they were real relationships (whatever that meant to George at the time)  It would not surprise me however, if there was some type of contract--which included non-disclosure agreement,  a statement by the women that she will not make any financial claims afterwards and that George would pay certain expenses during the relationship (travel, clothes, etc.)

Yup, contract relationships.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 May 2015, 03:37

Between travel expenses and wardrobe/hair/makeup etc. it's probably pretty expensive to be a celebrity's girlfriend. Also time consuming if you expect to travel with them and appear at functions. If you have a "normal" 9 to 5 job you'd probably have to give it up (if they didn't fire you for excessive absence). Now you have no income, health insurance, etc..

So, if your expenses are being paid by the celebrity because that's the only way you and this person can be together, and it's put in writing because you're "on the books", does that constitute a contractual relationship? And if it does, does that mean that it's only a business transaction and nothing more?
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 01 May 2015, 07:12

LizzyNY wrote:So, if your expenses are being paid by the celebrity because that's the only way you and this person can be together, and it's put in writing because you're "on the books", does that constitute a contractual relationship? And if it does, does that mean that it's only a business transaction and nothing more?
IMO no. Marriages where the wife (for example) gives up her job and the husband pays the bills is the exact same thing.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 01 May 2015, 16:57

To clarify what I meant by "contract relationship":  There have been accusations (many of them nutty) that some of the women in George's life have not really been in a romantic relationship with him.  He "hires" them, gives then a limited time contract to appear/pretend to be his girlfriend but they are not really in a relationship.  The alleged reasons for this are variously that: he needs a beard because he is gay, he needs to publicity to keep in the public eye, he is forced to have a girlfriend by some vast conspiracy. 

I do not believe he has had that type of "contract" relationship.  But as I stated above, I would not be surprised if their were legal contracts involved in his romantic relationships spelling out the rights of each party--includin a pre-nup with Amal.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 01 May 2015, 18:09

I have never believed that George contracted any relationships with the women he dated.  He's not a stupid man and he knows there can always be fallout from a relationship. He probably has never done anything that awful that he would be afraid for it to get out.  A couple of women have spoken about George in the past but have never said anything really derogatory about the relationship except he may have cheated on them or he had an aversion to commitment of any kind.

The idea that he needed a woman to walk red carpets with him or he was in need of publicity so he had some sort of contractual relationship is ludicrous in my opinion.
This man never needs publicity .  It's there for the taking.

There's business and the need for written agreements and contracts.  Then there is pleasure which I think for him has to be real and spontaneous.  I think he likes to have  a real relationship with a woman not something prearranged.  

George probably did pay for some or much of his past gfs' expenses.  Especially their clothing for special events and expenses when they travel together.  But that could be the case in many relationships between  men and women.

So far from what I've read here it's a toss up on where some of you stand on the contract thing.

Last edited by Donnamarie on Fri 01 May 2015, 18:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited text)
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 01 May 2015, 18:14

Well, I don't think George ever had to hire girlfriends for any reason (although there may have been the occasional one-night-stand with a hooker). But I do believe there were financial arrangements that had to be made, and if he doesn't have a pre-nup with Amal he's an idiot - which I don't think he is. And even if HE is, his accountants and lawyers aren't. Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 01 May 2015, 21:12

Written agreements in high economic level relationships are not uncommon. With his wealth and the attention he commands, George would be dumb not to pay for contracted confidentiality, or to leave himself open to palimony suits. If I were in his position, anybody I dated would have an ironclad agreement before the first exchange of body fluids.

Hookers, however, are different. They get paid to go home, and if they talk, they don't work much again.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 02 May 2015, 03:53

LizzyNY wrote:Well, I don't think George ever had to hire girlfriends for any reason (although there may have been the occasional one-night-stand with a hooker). But I do believe there were financial arrangements that had to be made, and if he doesn't have a pre-nup with Amal he's an idiot - which I don't think he is. And even if HE is, his accountants and lawyers aren't. Very Happy

I can't imagine that George and Amal don't have a pre-nup.  They gotta have one.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 02 May 2015, 08:54

Before we start to get off Topic below is the prenup thread about Amal and George Wink

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 11 May 2015, 02:21

It's official - Nathan has gone to the dark side.

SMFH

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Mon 11 May 2015, 02:33

Too funny . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 31 Aug 2015, 04:56

She's starring in a new series on the CW. A mom who is dating her son's friend?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Budding Portland restaurateur Nate's world is turned upside down when he comes back from a business trip to find his lothario best friend and roommate is now dating his recently separated mother, Lydia. To make matters worse, Nate's previously disinterested dad, Harrison is now determined to win Lydia back and isn't afraid to use Nate to get what he wants. Stuck between his family feud and his best friend's first serious relationship, Nate's "new normal" forever changes his relationships with his parents, and severely handicaps his own dating life.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3