George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012

+27
barla
noodle
lelacorb
m4rose
it's me
The next mrs clooney
tzizz
Dior
party animal - not!
Henway
Bidbod
amaretti
pandabear
Cinderella
annemarie
Joanna
LornaDoone
Katiedot
melbert
Clooneygirl
theminis
Maggy
EEOsandy
Missa
blackmamba
FuturoST
silly girl
31 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012

Post by Dior Thu 13 Sep 2012, 15:18

Totally disagree. This pink is doing nothing for her, she looks like a fast aging 40 something in it.
And please stop offending Grace Kelly by comparing the butterface of this ex- stripper/wrestler/whatever to her exquisite beauty.

Dior
Dior
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012 - Page 2 Empty Re: Stacy Keibler at NY Fashion Week 2012

Post by tzizz Thu 13 Sep 2012, 15:39

At the risk of being kicked off this Stacy love-fest along with Dior, here's Celebitchy today (although they do weigh in that Stace is definitely staying -- probably for another year). Love that she was seated next to Kanye and Kim. Photos are the same ones of her in the Marchesa standing next to the limo (dressed like a 50 year old southern belle -- many of whom I know and love [50 year old southern belles, that is]).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These are some new photos of Stacy Keibler at New York Fashion Week, going into the Marchesa show yesterday. You know who else was Marchesa’s big celebrity “get” yesterday? Kim Kardashian. For real. Kim K, Kanye West. and Stacy sat beside each other, front row, at the Marchesa show. Because they are THE SAME, people. Anyway, even though I’m sure this hot pink dress is Marchesa, I don’t think it looks awful on Stacy. She looks pretty good overall – tan, fit, relaxed. Definitely not like a woman who just got her exit interview and farewell confidentiality contract from George Clooney. The Mail has more about the UK rumors that Clooney dumped Stacy:

Yesterday (Wednesday) Stacy Keibler stunned as she attended the Marchesa spring 2013 fashion show in New York. Putting recent rumours that she has split from her lover of one year George Clooney behind her, the 32-year-old stepped out in a form fitting hot pink dress.

Stacy beamed as she got ready to take her seat inside the Vanderbilt Hall at Grand Central Terminal for the Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. Stacy’s slender model figured looked gorgeous in a velvet baroque print one shoulder dress. The actress and retired wrestler accessorised with a pair of silver drop earrings and a thin pink waist belt which highlighted her curves. Her clutch bag matched the design of the dress and a she teetered in a pair of nude coloured heels. Wearing her blonde hair back in a classic bun, she opted to keep her make-up simple.

At the show, Stacy was seated next to Kanye West and his girlfriend, reality TV star Kim Kardahian.

Earlier this week it was claimed that George had called time on his relationship with Stacy. But the actor’s rep was to refute the reports that were run by The Sun, which alleged that the Hollywood star had ended his romance with the stunning former WWE wrestler.

‘A story published by a London tabloid, The Sun, concerning George Clooney and Stacy Keibler is not true. Total fabrication designed to sell newspapers,’ the actor’s PR representative Stan Rosenfield told the Mail Online.

In the story, The Sun alleged that the pair had gone their separate ways and were set to release a statement any day now regarding the split. They reported that Stacy had told friends that her relationship with the 51-year-old actor was over due to his unwillingness to commit. According to the publication, George had apparently told the stunning blonde that he wanted to be on his own again.

‘She said George wants to be on his own again and has no intention of getting married,’ a source was alleged to have told The Sun. ‘Stacy hoped they would be together long-term. It was a big breakthrough to spend time with his parents. But over the last few weeks George has pulled away from her.’

[From The Mail]

Yeah, George’s rep shut it down pretty quickly. For what it’s worth, I am getting a vibe that George and Stacy are relatively solid these days. I genuinely thought that Stacy was going to get thrown out of Casa de Clooney back in March and April of this year, after a hit-or-miss run during the awards season and then Stacy not showing up to the White House Correspondents Dinner. But I think they’ve enjoyed their downtime in Europe and they’re probably more solid than ever. I’m saying it – Stacy will survive until next year’s contract renegotiations.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Thu 13 Sep 2012, 15:44

And, if you want to see the Marchesa spring collection, here's a link. I agree with Lainey's opinion about the collection. You can see lots of other collections on Lainey Lifestyle, if you are interested.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 16:41

Sorry but the color does not work for her and the dress does not fit her boobs properly. Do agree with others about the hair being okay though.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 13 Sep 2012, 16:49

tzizz wrote:And, if you want to see the Marchesa spring collection, here's a link. I agree with Lainey's opinion about the collection. You can see lots of other collections on Lainey Lifestyle, if you are interested.

BEATIFUL COLLECTION!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Sep 2012, 17:09

well... I found it so far from
the Italian style
don't want to be snob Exclamation
it's only different

for example I don't understand at all
those 'nude' colour shoes

I would wear them in nuance
not with everything
bec made in a neutral colour...

it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by m4rose Thu 13 Sep 2012, 17:41

Okay I just looked at the Marchese collection and my one thought was, "Those models need a sandwich." Seriously.
m4rose
m4rose
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 13 Sep 2012, 17:44

Better hair but the shoes? Do not match with the dress: never wear two different shades of the same color! But it has yet to learn this woman!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Thu 13 Sep 2012, 18:49

I had posted this on the Mykonos thread but thought maybe it should go here. He is some sort of PR guy.....he was in Mykonos at the same time as SK....

[/quote]

Last edited by silly girl on Thu 13 Sep 2012, 18:59; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:01

Here's another piece from US Weekly. It says Stacy was granting no interviews yesterday at the show she went to. That seems odd if she and George are solid and stable.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by barla Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:29

My great aunt had a similar dress, only a century ago ..... she wore it with much more class ..... and then, sometimes, she went to the hairdresser .... Shocked Shocked
But Lainey is right : it should be exiled in Burundi (with all due respect for the local population), the designer who creates these solemn craps ..... Vomit 1 But Weinstein is no better than merely producing films??
barla
barla
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:43

noodle wrote:Here's another piece from US Weekly. It says Stacy was granting no interviews yesterday at the show she went to. That seems odd if she and George are solid and stable.

Hmmmm Stacy not granting interviews that's a surprise. As a professional fame lady of negotiable affection he will usually talk to anyone given the opportunity. Official announcement must be coming soon cheers
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:47

hmm
maybe

even if
...then?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 13 Sep 2012, 19:49

Okay. Simon Huck was in The Spin Crowd and co-owns a publicity company, Lance Bass was from N'Sinque, and Benjamin Thigpen used to play drums but now does computerised music.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:00

what happened to my previous post?? Those were not the words I used at all. I called her a fame lady of negotiable affection and it has somehow been changed to "a professional lady of negotiable affection". Doesnt even make any sense and definitely not my words, what is going on???????
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:01

it changed it again!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:02

party animal - not! wrote:Okay. Simon Huck was in The Spin Crowd and co-owns a publicity company, Lance Bass was from N'Sinque, and Benjamin Thigpen used to play drums but now does computerised music.

The co-owner of the company is also best friends with Kim Kardashian.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:03

the next Very Happy is automatic!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Thu 13 Sep 2012, 20:11

OK -- here's Lainey weighing in on the Marchesa and the denied split. She makes me laugh. (Lots of pictures, but you've seen them all)

This is still George Clooney’s girlfriend but she’s wearing an ugly dress
September 13, 2012 Posted at 12:23 PM
Lainey Posted by Lainey

Photos:
Wenn, Chelsea Lauren/Getty

George Clooney and Stacy Keibler haven’t been seen together in two weeks or so. This, apparently, is all the evidence the UK Sun needed to publish a story that they were done. The paper even went so far as to predict an imminent statement confirming the split.

A statement was indeed released by Clooney’s publicist but it wasn’t exactly what the Sun was predicting:

"A story published by a London tabloid, The Sun, concerning George Clooney and Stacy Keibler is not true. Total fabrication designed to sell newspapers.”

Is he going to clarify his relationship every time the British gossips get it wrong? This might be a dangerous precedent. Or was it at her insistence? I want you to tell everyone that we didn’t break up, George. I want you to do it right away. Thing is, and I know you don’t want to hear this, that’s not really her style. Keibler got to where she is because she pragmatically didn’t and doesn’t crowd him (so far. SO FAR). Women only get into trouble with George Clooney when they ask for More of what he’s not interested in giving. Clooney is generous with everything else but that. And I wonder, in not asking for the wrong kind of More, if she ends up with a lot more of the right kind of it in the end.

Keibler is currently in New York for Fashion Week. Here she is arriving at Marchesa wearing a hideous one shoulder red dress by, you know, Marchesa. With an exact matching clutch, so embarrassing.

Also attached - Keibler at Stand Up To Cancer last week and God that f-cking hair is making me crazy.

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 13 Sep 2012, 21:49

I'm still in the "they've broken up but George wants to control the story" camp.

Exhibit A: Stacy Keibler is presented with the opportunity to speak with multiple people holding television cameras. She declines. STACY KEIBLER.

Exhibit B: Celebitchy is correct in saying that Stacy looks happy and relaxed. That stands out because she really hasn't looked this comfortable since the very beginning. I think she looks happy and relaxed because she's free to do her thing again.

Exhibit C: Lainey's right; George does not typically correct silly rumors like this one. The fact that he took the time to have Stan respond indicates to me that there's something different about this one.

Exhibit D: STACY KEIBLER DIDN"T TALK TO THE PRESS. (I know I already said that, but it bears repeating).

How will I know what lip gloss will go easily from day to night? Or what 2 minute exercise routine will keep me looking like a lingerie model? Or what unhealthy chip alternative to snack on while (not) watching the Ravens play? George must publicly break up with this woman so that she is free to grace us all with her wisdom once again.

The prosecution rests.

Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:06

Missa if i ever need a good lawyer I will be calling you Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by noodle Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:09

I'm cautiously in your camp Missa.

noodle
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by . Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:20

advertising, advertising and still advertising. This time it's Maybelline.

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:24

Um...the Maybelline tent is only "cool", Stacy? What do they have to do to get upgraded to "amazing"?

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by . Thu 13 Sep 2012, 22:41

affraid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

perhaps with moisturizer ......

Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 13 Sep 2012, 23:34

I believe George denied he broke up with Eli so he does deny these stories. She looks good here.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 14 Sep 2012, 00:07

Lux!!
why the crying baby??

noooooo
please!
change image
will you?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 14 Sep 2012, 00:50

annemarie wrote:I believe George denied he broke up with Eli so he does deny these stories. She looks good here.

I think someone posted above that he denied he broke up with Eli...two weeks before he announced he'd broken up with Eli.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 14 Sep 2012, 00:56

To put all that stuff on your face and to remove it all again, ..., I've never got that ! Cats are so not into that, ey ! Razz
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Sep 2012, 21:20

Since this pertains to Fashion week....it only took them a week to deny...again it is "her" camp that is denying it.

From Gossip Cop:

George Clooney Girlfriend Stacy Keibler “Shopping” For Engagement Rings?
Truth rating: 1
George Clooney In Touch Stacy Keibler
4:02 pm, September 19th, 2012

(GettyImages.com)

Is George Clooney “ready to take the plunge again?” asks In Touch, which claims the actor’s girlfriend Stacy Keibler “was spotted trying on engagement rings at the jewelry store Jacob & Co in Manhattan on Sept. 13.”

A “fellow shopper” tells the tabloid, “Stacy’s heart started racing when Jacob ‘The Jeweler’ Arabo showed her his palladium collection.”

Interesting, did this patron happen to be wearing a stethoscope?

Anyway, Keibler reportedly exclaimed, “I want to try on some things — they are beautiful!” and was “particularly blown over by a Jacob & Co canary diamond ring,” says the mag’s source.

In Touch goes on to note that the former WWE wrestler “may have been dropping a big hint to George two days earlier as well,” as she “checked out an array of breathtaking wedding gowns at the Vera Wang and Marchesa runway shows during NYC’s Fashion Week.”

Uh-huh.

While the tab’s alternate reality is certainly more exciting than what actually happened, it’s entirely not accurate.

Keibler was NOT “shopping” for engagement rings — she merely “tried on” jewelry for the Jacob & Co Palladium launch party, which she later attended, a source close to the actress tells Gossip Cop.

And as for the supposed browsing for a “wedding gown,” our impeccable insider notes that Keibler was simply taking in several New York Fashion Week shows.

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Wed 19 Sep 2012, 21:24

pityviolin
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Wed 19 Sep 2012, 21:37

I noticed that the picture Stacy posted of Anna Wintour (or her butchered spelling of Ana Wintor) and Vera Wang has disappeared from her Instagam. The tweet is still there, but the picture is gone.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Fri 21 Sep 2012, 22:12

From Celebitchy
Stacy Keibler tries on engagement rings, checks out wedding gowns: oh noes!?

Last weekend, I glanced at these photos on TMZ, and I laughed and laughed. For those of you who hate links (?), that link takes you to posed photos of Stacy Keibler doing a photo-op with jeweler-to-the-stars, Jacob the Jeweler. The photos were so obviously for promotional purposes, I just assumed that the lesson of the story was NOT “Stacy Keibler is engagement-obsessed and she’s wandering around, trying on engagement rings” and more likely “Stacy got paid a cool $50,000 to do a photo op with Jacob the Jeweler because she’s feathering her nest for the time when she falls out of favor of The Clooney.” Still, the photos were distributed to some tabloid outlets, and thus, we have a magical story about Stacy dropping hints to Clooney about wanting a ring and a wedding.

Is George Clooney, 51, ready to take the plunge again? His girlfriend of one year, Stacy Keibler, was spotted trying on engagement rings at the jewelry store Jacob & Co. in Manhattan on Sept. 13.

According to a fellow shopped, Stacy’s heart started racing when Jacob Arabo showed her his palladium collection.

“I want to try on some rings – they are beautiful!” Stacy exclaimed. Stacy “was particularly blown over by a Jacob & Co. canary diamond ring, so yellow might be her color.”

Stacy may have been dropping a big hint to George two days earlier as well, when she checked out an array of breathtaking wedding gowns at the Vera Wang and Marchesa runway shows during NYC’s Fashion Week.

[From In Touch Weekly, print edition]

Oh, and she was seen at Vera Wang’s wedding gown show? That’s fairly damning. Maybe there IS something to this. You know where we are now? We’re at the magical time within George Clooney’s relationships where he’s been with The Girl for long enough for it to be considered “serious” and “potentially leading to some kind of settling down,” and that’s just when The Girl starts getting really comfortable. That’s when she starts thinking, “Hey, maybe he WILL marry me.” That’s when she starts mentioning weddings and babies in interviews. And that’s when Ol’ George dumps ‘em. Now, do I think George will dump Stacy just because she was looking at wedding gowns and engagement rings? Hm. I don’t know. He’s dumped girls for less, you know? I think she might just be “on notice.” We’ll see if she talks about “their future together” in an interview. THEN it will be over.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 21 Sep 2012, 23:16

What were their comments when SK modelled wedding dresses, then?!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 21 Sep 2012, 23:43

party animal - not! wrote:What were their comments when SK modelled wedding dresses, then?!

My guess would be that modeling wedding dresses, which is clearly a job she was paid for, is not quite as damning as "window shopping" for wedding dresses, which is basically what a fashion show is for, and what a woman does when she is planning a wedding. How many people go to wedding dress fashion shows who aren't either engaged or about to be engaged? Just the delusional, I imagine.

There is no reason for her to be at a wedding dress fashion show. I understand that celebrities are invited to shows in the hopes that their attendance will bring some press, but the only way the name "Stacy Keibler" invites attention at such a show is in relation to who she's dating. That's a cheap way of getting attention, by both Stacy and Vera Wang, frankly.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Sep 2012, 00:26

So was it at the end of the Vera Wang Show, or just purely a wedding dress show? Interesting that Wang said to SK 'Say hello to George'!!.........

Definitely get the impression white is THE colour at the mo - her white dress at the jewellers was from the Marchesa collection, as well as the kitchen prog, I think. Gwyneth Paltrow keeps showing up in a lot of white too

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 22 Sep 2012, 00:31

Interesting that Wang said to SK 'Say hello to George'!!........

Not so interesting when you consider George is the only reason she was invited. Perhaps it was more of a "Say hello to George, so he remembers he owes me one for inviting and taking pictures with his flavor of the month."

It's all in the subtext... Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 22 Sep 2012, 00:50

Kinda embarrassing for Stacy that the only thing Wang said was "say hello to George". But really what else would she have to say to Stacy.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Sep 2012, 01:29

Mm, was just wondering how well Vera Wang knew George for her to say that.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 22 Sep 2012, 01:46

She wouldn't have to know him at all, would she? Everyone knows Stacy's dating him. I think if I ran into Stacy Keibler I'd probably tell her to say hi to George.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by theminis Sat 22 Sep 2012, 09:35

Think Stacy would know better than us exactly what the subtext is - and I'm not getting married but if I had the opportunity to attend a fashion show of Vera Wang, even if it was only wedding dresses, I would still go along.
theminis
theminis

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 22 Sep 2012, 09:45

Exactly, theminis !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 22 Sep 2012, 10:17

Totally agree.

And I wouldn't say no to wearing one of her dresses at the show, either

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by EEOsandy Fri 28 Sep 2012, 13:24

Here's an article from Celebitchy about Anna Wintour allegedly snubbing Kim K at NYFW. Stacy is mentioned in the last paragraph.

Kim Kardashian was snubbed (again!) by Anna Wintour during NYFW

This ^^ is a photo of Kim Kardashian and Kanye West entering the Marchesa show earlier this month, during New York Fashion Week. Kanye and Kim made several appearances together during NYFW, but the Marchesa show was an interesting choice for them in particular. Does the Marchesa label need more Kat-face? Not really. Does Kim Kardashian need Marchesa? God, no. Don’t give her any ideas. But still, Kanye and Kim showed up for some reason, and I can only guess it was to “prove” their fashion credentials and schmooze with industry types. Like Anna Wintour! According to In Touch, Wintour greeted Kanye warmly – she’s a fan. But Nuclear Wintour made it a point to snub Kim. Of course!

Style icon Anna Wintour showed rapper-designer Kanye West plenty of love at the Spring 2013 Marchesa show, but the warm reception wasn’t extended to his girlfriend Kim Kardashian.

“Anna wouldn’t even looks at her; it was obvious Anna doesn’t like her in the least,” says an eyewitness. “Meanwhile, Anna was kissy-kissy with Kanye. It couldn’t have been funnier.”

This isn’t the first time Anne shunned Kim: Wintour reportedly banned Kim from her annual star-studded Met Gala this year. Says a source: “Anna loathes the fact that Kim gains access to events over people associated with the fashion world.”

[From In Touch Weekly, print edition]

Everyone claimed Wintour “banned” Kim from the Met Gala, but Kim claimed that she was never planning on going this year because she already had another “work” commitment in LA. Which still doesn’t answer the question of “Yeah, but does Anna Wintour hate everything Kim Kardashian-related?” Honestly, I’d like to think that Anna has bigger fish to fry, you know? She doesn’t have time to hold some anti-Kardashian grudge. That being said, if Anna runs into Kim again, Kim just needs to understand that Wintour is not going to speak to her. EVER.

Oh, and Star Mag has another story of Kim Kardashian being shunned too! Star claims that Kim was hanging out with Stacy Keibler during NYFW (Stacy was at the same Marchesa show), and that Stacy’s boyfriend George Clooney told Stacy to shut it down. Allegedly, George become “enraged and demanded that Stacy stop hanging out” with Kim. A source says, “George feels like the Kardashians are famous for nothing – they have no talent and are looked down on in the industry. He thinks Stacy being friends with Kim could hurt possible career opportunities for her.” Hahaha. When George dumps Stacy, Stacy will have to move into George Clooney’s Lonely Ho Hotel For Ex-Girlfriends Who Mentioned Marriage, and Stacy is going to wish she had Kim Kardashian’s friendship. Truly.
EEOsandy
EEOsandy
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:53

Here's is an interesting article about the celebrities who get paid to go to fashion shows. SK is not mentioned per se so I am not sure what category she falls into.

Paris Fashion Week: How Much Celebrities Get Paid to Sit in the Front Row
It's a battle to draw A-listers, whose prices differ: From Rihanna (almost $100K) to Blake Lively and Kim Kardashian ($50K per), the big business is getting into gear.

This story first appeared in the Oct. 5 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.

New York Fashion Week Spring 2013: Jessica Alba Tweets From the Front Row at Ralph Lauren
Some of the celebrities with their crossed Louboutined legs in the front row who are hitting the Paris fashion shows (which run until Oct. 3) and already have shown up in Milan and New York actually might be fans of the brands, but spoiler alert: Few stars are attending just for the love of it anymore. There's a reason A-listers plant their fashionable fannies at fashion shows (center front is the celebrity zone; editors get side front seats). It's all about green -- and we're not talking the color of the season. Behind every Birkin bag is an agenda -- and most are negotiated in advance, in a more corporate way than ever before. With major Hollywood talent agencies hiring personal appearance agents to negotiate these deals, stars promoting fashion shows have become a business similar to Olympians endorsing cereal.

The hierarchy starts with ingenues who clamor merely to attend and begin establishing their red-carpet bona fides -- witness Girls' Allison Williams at Prabal Gurung and Peter Som in New York -- and continues upward to six-figure arrangements used by designers to entice celebrities to ring their runways, including any combination of cash, clothes and travel that can feature the use of corporate jets such as those of LVMH, which owns Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior. (Of course, no matter how good the payday, stars won't attend a show that doesn't enhance their image.)

Retailer and stylist Cameron Silver, who attends the European shows, is the rare insider who would go on record about the practice, which brands have taken pains to "no comment" on for a good 25 years. "They fly them out and put them up," Silver tells THR, "and offer a nice Paris or Milan holiday, unless they're contractually obliged to attend. Others pay them an appearance fee."

At the top of the pay scale is Rihanna -- one British publication reports she was paid about $97,500 to attend Karl Lagerfeld's fall 2012 show in Paris. A wild rumor that Oscar nominee Jessica Chastain was paid $800,000 to do photo ops at last year's Armani Prive show -- Armani loyalists include Anne Hathaway and Cate Blanchett -- was denied by reps, but a stylist insider says, "Of course, a lot of shows do pay, some more than others -- $800,000 is totally exaggerated." (The fee likely was closer to $80,000.) Fashionista.com published a fee list in 2010 indicating that Beyonce received up to $100,000 for a front-row perch and pegging Blake Lively and Kim Kardashian in the $50,000 range -- which, along with Chloe Sevigny's $65,000, per the U.K. pub, is in keeping with industry averages.

High-end deals usually are exclusive; if a star goes to just one show (like Jennifer Lawrence, seated next to Harvey Weinstein, at Dior in July), bank on them having been paid in kind or as part of an ad contract requiring their attendance. Still, some actresses come on their own steam just for the PR hit and chance to play dress-up (though those dresses will be messengered back the next morning, no keepsies allowed).

At New York's Fashion Week, which ended Sept. 13, the credo "If the designer didn't pay, the celebrities stayed away" seemed well in place, with few stars spotted anywhere. That is until Calvin Klein's show, where a slew of such boldface names as Amy Adams, Emma Stone and Diane Kruger suggested either rabid allegiance or some sort of financial transaction.

Paris is more of an exercise in contractual -- or social -- obligation. Don't be surprised to spot some Dior faces (Marion Cotillard, Natalie Portman, Mila Kunis or Charlize Theron) in the label's front row. Expect Salma Hayek at the hottest show, the first women's collection by YSL's new creative director Hedi Slimane, in support of husband Francois-Henri Pinault, who runs parent company PPR. Chanel is the exception to every rule: Longtime Lagerfeld fans -- Blanchett, Kirsten Dunst, Audrey Tautou and Mission: Impossible -- Ghost Protocol's Lea Seydoux -- would no doubt give obeisance regardless of pay. You don't get to wear Chanel unless you're part of Lagerfeld's famille.

While the days of cash on demand (with a stack for the agent or publicist) have waned, kudos still are given to those who say they refrain from front-row deals, from Angelina Jolie to Nicole Kidman, who is said to also pay for all her clothes. Brand muses and designer pals (such as Michael Douglas and Catherine Zeta-Jones with Michael Kors) remain above reproach. As awards season kicks off, count on most A-list bods-in-seats being paid for, as what used to be fashion favors has come out of the closet as a hardcore business.

Last edited by silly girl on Sat 29 Sep 2012, 17:54; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : clean up)

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 29 Sep 2012, 18:16

go figure! and I thought it was all about fashion...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 29 Sep 2012, 18:19

Selling fashion in a sort of subliminal way, I guess. By any means.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 29 Sep 2012, 18:21

I guess it's all about publicity! Hm, what it would be like to be considered a celeb and get all these invites and even be paid to do this!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sat 29 Sep 2012, 23:36

If we assume she got her typical $25,000 appearance fee (I don't think she'd even rate as high as Kim K for publicity), and she made at least four appearances that I can recall (two for Vera Wang, one for Marchesa, and one for Jacob the jeweler), she made at least $100,000 for three days of watching people walk back and forth. As someone who works with developmentally delayed children and makes less than half that amount per year, all I have to say is headbang
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Sat 29 Sep 2012, 23:41

Doesnt mean that Stacy got paid to attend, not sure she is high profile enough. Many D-list celebrities actually pay to attend as a way to get publicity for themselves. If she was paid I highly doubt she got her full appearance fee, I think Vera Wang could just ask a celebrity to go to her show and they would do it for free to be associated with her brand.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next