George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney

+2
melbert
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney Empty The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Sep 2012, 16:40

Love lost: Ad urges Obama 'break-up' over golf, Clooney

September 6, 2012 |

Paul Bedard

The GOP has a new message for voters disappointed with the president they fell in love with four years ago: He just hasn't earned your love.

Like in the 2006 movie "The Break-Up," featuring marriage seeking Jennifer Aniston and immature Vince Vaughn, the Republican National Committee Thursday unveiled a new ad also called the "Break-Up" that concludes, "I think we should just be friends."

And the GOP is not alone with the break-up theme. Also on Thursday, a group called Betterdirection.org put out an ad simply titled "Boyfriend" that features a daughter asking her mom "why do I always fall for guys like this?"

In the 30-second GOP ad, a beautiful woman that looks a lot like the 2008 "Obama girl," is sitting at a restaurant table expressing her frustration that her spend-thrift date is never around, often out golfing or playing with actors George Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker, has skipped out on his job for months and, well, just isn't the person she thought he was.

"It's not me, it's you," she says, as the announcer asks Americans to "tell us why you are breaking up with President Obama at breakupwithobama.com."

The ad, first shown on NBC's Today show, goes right to the heart of one of the big issues the GOP believes is blocking a breakout by Mitt Romney: voters are having a tough time admitting that the love of their political life just hasn't cut it as president.

Here's the dialogue of the new GOP ad

"Listen, this just isn't working. It's been four years. You've changed. Your spending is out of control. You're constantly on the golf course and you're always out with Hollywood celebrities. You think I didn't see you with Sarah Jessica Parker and George Clooney?

"Your jobs council says you haven't even show'd up in six months.

"You're just not the person I thought you were. It's not me. It's you.

"I think we should just be friends."

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney Empty Re: The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney

Post by melbert Thu 06 Sep 2012, 17:41

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney Empty Re: The Republicans create 'break up video' for Obama, featuring George Clooney

Post by Missa Thu 06 Sep 2012, 20:26

No has ever answered this question to my satisfaction: Why is it an issue when progressive actors and musicians participate in the political process, but the Republicans can build the prime time coverage of a night of their convention around an actor speaking, and that's cool? What about being famous means liberals have to check their beliefs at the door? I think Chuck Norris and Ted Nugent are crazy right wing maniacs, but I don't begrudge them their right to say all the nutball things they say.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Thu 06 Sep 2012, 20:52

I don't think theis GOP ad is going to carry too much weight because everyone who's following this campaign knows the Republicans are just as much (if not more) to blame as Obama for the sad state of affairs America is in now.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:09

Now did Obama's campaign strategists know about this, and decide to use celebrities at the DNC was not a great idea? I wonder, given brickbats that are being thrown about Hollywood connections. Shame they don't have a Clinton........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 06 Sep 2012, 21:24

party animal - not! wrote:Now did Obama's campaign strategists know about this, and decide to use celebrities at the DNC was not a great idea? I wonder, given brickbats that are being thrown about Hollywood connections. Shame they don't have a Clinton........

There are actually three actresses speaking tonight. Natalie Portman, Scarlett Johansson, and Kerry Washington are speaking together, although I'm sure their talk will be much more tightly scripted than poor Clint's. Embarassed

Their Clinton is George W., and notice they didn't even say his name during their convention. I don't think a keynote speech in primetime is in his near future. Is there a living Republican former president who could do what Clinton did last night? Even considering the dead ones, you'd almost have to go back to Lincoln to land on someone who could create that kind of excitement and turn a phrase like Bill. Although I guess they'd get pretty pumped for Reagan too.

It's funny how they are coming up with all these reasons why people aren't leaning towards Romney - "they don't really know him yet", "they don't want to admit they were wrong about Obama". Weird that "they know all they need to know and don't like him or his policies" never occurs to them.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 07 Sep 2012, 03:17

Anyone else watching the DNC? George narrating the introductory video before the president's speech! (Just his voice - he's not there).
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:23

Although I guess they'd get pretty pumped for Reagan too.

Yes, except that in today's Republican Party they would consider the Reagan policies to be too moderate or liberal for the tea baggers who are running that party today! He would get booed off the stage by them...once they heard him go on about "raising taxes because everyone should pay their "fair share"...they forget that he RAISED TAXES 11 TIMES over the course of his term.

And they don't have anyone who can come close to Bill Clinton, he's a political rock star, when it comes to speeches!
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 07 Sep 2012, 15:26

One of the best speeches was Sr. Simone from Nuns on a Bus...she gave the Ryan Budget an old fashioned azz whooping! If anyone is interested in her speech for social justice, here's the YouTube link:

Catholic Nun on the Bus - Simone Campbell DNC Speech Democratic National Convention
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:09

Yay Sr. Simone!! Thanks Lighter!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Lighterside Fri 07 Sep 2012, 16:34

My pleasure mel!
Lighterside
Lighterside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down