George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyToday at 14:00 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline

+3
it's me
melbert
silly girl
7 posters

Go down

President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline Empty President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline

Post by silly girl Sun 19 Aug 2012, 23:26

President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ET Online

President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle Obama are no stranger to celebrity support and they're opening up to ET about perhaps their most famous Hollywood cheerleader -- George Clooney.

The president calls Clooney a "wonderful guy" while the first lady reveals that she, like many of her fellow Americans, finds Clooney "cute."
Michelle says that, oddly enough, she never seems to be around when George and her husband get together. "It's a conspiracy … All the meetings, I just happen to be busy," Michelle jokes. The president concurs, "Michelle is always frustrated because a lot of the events that George has been involved in, for some reason, she has something else going on."

The president says that his staff mysteriously always congregates when "Gorgeous George" visits the White House: "I will say that the couple of times he's come to the White House, I notice that the staff suddenly is circling around my office. They've got memos they need to make sure I see right away."

In all seriousness, however, the president tells ET, "The truth is we got to know each other because of a substantive issue. He is a terrific advocate on behalf of the people of Darfur, and to the people of Sudan who've been brutalized for a long time. And so when I was a senator -- this was well before I was president -- that was an issue that I was working together on a bipartisan basis, and George, who had traveled there, done documentaries there, and was very well-informed, came to testify in Congress. And so we got to know each other, and he is a good man, and a good friend."

But the president says that Clooney, who hosted a fundraiser for the Obama re-election campaign in May that reportedly raised almost $15 million, doesn't take their working relationship too far: "He's very protective about not bothering me. And he's also sensitive to the fact that, you know, that if he's around a lot, then somehow it'll be tagged as 'Obama hanging out with Hollywood stars,' and that's not who he is. But he's a good person." For more with the president and first lady, tune in to Monday night's ET.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline Empty Re: President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline

Post by melbert Sun 19 Aug 2012, 23:30

Thanks SillyGirl! President Obama probably schedules Michelle's events away knowing George is coming! But, she got to sit by him at the WHCD!!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline Empty Re: President Obama on Friendship with George Clooney from ETOnline

Post by it's me Sun 19 Aug 2012, 23:40

they both seem really funny ! Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 20 Aug 2012, 02:31

That's such a great thing for the pres to say about George. I didn't know that George had been to the White House that often.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Tue 21 Aug 2012, 04:49

I watched this tonight when I got home from work. Michelle Obama was so funny and cute - going on about how it seems every time George was around she was scheduled to be somewhere else!

And then President Obama's comment about how when George was at the White House so many staffers suddenly would be circling his office with important memos he had to see right away. (Or something like that it's probably on the video)!

Good thing in that respect that George is pretty well grounded and hasn't let all the hoopla that surrounds him go to his head!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 23 Aug 2012, 11:58

Thanks Henway for finding this one:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 23 Aug 2012, 12:14

So nice to see this positive report, all I've seen in the media of late likes to put a negative spin to their friendship.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Aly Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:01

Obama was G friend before he is P ! Paul Newman too WOW

Republicans can be funny too hehe
Aly
Aly
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 23 Aug 2012, 13:08

what a night!!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down