George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years

+2
melbert
Katiedot
6 posters

Go down

John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years Empty John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years

Post by Katiedot Wed 25 Jul 2012, 06:36

Well, it's from the National Inquirer, so . . . .

http://www.allmediany.com/articles/4455-john-travolta-had-alleged-affair-with-pilot-for-six-years

John Travolta Had Alleged Affair with Pilot for Six Years

24 Jul 2012 10:25 AM EST

-by Molly C. Braswell, Staff Writer

Grease star John Travolta has never been able to shake those gay rumors, and now another one has hit him.

Travolta, 58, was allegedly sleeping with one of his pilots, Doug Gotterba, 60, for six years in the 1980s, Joan Edwards, Travolta’s former personal secretary, told the National Inquirer. Gotterba began working for Travolta in 1981.

Edwards worked for Travolta from 1978 to 1994.

“I did everything for him, including taking care of his personal and professional schedules. Of course I knew he was gay. It never bothered me.” Edwards said. “That’s how I met Doug. We both worked for John at the same time. Doug is a wonderful guy and we are still good friends. He told me that John was gay and they had a sexual relationship.”

Gotterba was not quoted in the National Inquirer story. It only says he confirmed the allegations.

Robert Britz, a different former boyfriend of Travolta, did give the rag some first-hand information of his and Travolta’s relationship, which began soon after the end of Gotterba and Travolta’s relationship.

“Doug told me right at the beginning of our relationship that he’d had a homosexual relationship with John Travolta in the 1980s,” Britz said. “Doug said John was constantly grabbing at his genital area, but he put up with John’s sexual advances because working for him was ‘lucrative.’”

Britz said “lucrative” meant that he was Travolta’s “right hand man.”

“I personally saw about two minutes of Doug’s home video showing John Travolta sitting at the end of a bed with his shirt off,” Britz said. “There were plates of food in front of him. The video appeared to be shot in a hotel room.”

Britz told the magazine that Gotterba said he was the one who ended the relationship, mostly because he was began to feel no attractiveness toward Travolta due to his personal hygiene and weight gain.

“After a few years, Doug grew apart from John sexually, and John’s advances eventually started to repulse him,” Britz said. “The relationship ended shortly thereafter.”

Their comments have come soon after Travolta had been fighting two counts of sexual assault against two masseurs who say Travolta sexually abused them.

Travolta has been married to actress Kelly Preston since 1991. They have two living children, 12-year-old Ella Bleu and two-year-old Benjamin. Their first child, Jett, passed away when he was 17 years old.

Neither Travolta nor his reps have commented on the story
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years Empty Re: John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years

Post by melbert Thu 26 Jul 2012, 02:13

Oh dear...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years Empty Re: John Travolta Alleged to have had an Affair with Pilot for Six Years

Post by Clooneygirl Thu 26 Jul 2012, 03:02

I wish John would just fly his freak flag already. He would have so much support if he came out. I think he would be the most fabulous gay man!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 26 Jul 2012, 04:25

If it's true, why doesn't he just come out as bi? That seems to be where he is (if the rumours are to be believed) and as you say, he'd have tremendous support.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Thu 26 Jul 2012, 04:36

Who knows? It might have something to do with the church he is involved with? Maybe he thinks he might destroy his career as a leading man? If/when he does come out (if he is actually gay or bi), I think he will make it alot easier for others to follow.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 26 Jul 2012, 07:26

I like your phrase Clooneygirl, and agree 100% He would be the most fabulous gay man. I like John, and think he would be great as anything. (I wonder why the enquirer didnt run the story about the midgets yet?) !! jk
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:47

playfuldeb wrote:I like your phrase Clooneygirl, and agree 100% He would be the most fabulous gay man. I like John, and think he would be great as anything. (I wonder why the enquirer didnt run the story about the midgets yet?) !! jk

lol! Can't you see him in a wig with big long hair instead of the astroturf he wears now?
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 04:49

I think George has already done the wig with long (blonde) hair so I'm not so sore John would fit that look. But if he dyed his hair red, he would certainly look very queenly
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:36

Rock Hudson only came out after he was sick from AIDS and his weight loss was so evident when he guest starred on Dynasty.

As much as he had the support of his friends, many of his fans were devastated to hear it.

As much as we are in the year 2012, there are still large numbers of the population - especially in other countries where conservative religions rule the nation, where John officially coming out would not be supported.

I guess it's more important for him to continue funding his lifestyle with work than to potentially lose a huge fan base here and abroad.

We tend to forget here on this board that we are a small microcosm of opinions. Much of the world might disagree with them.

And yes, I know I'll get bombarded with disagreement but it's the fact jack.

So much of the success of a film nowadays hinges on European and Asian ticket/dvd sales that international stars like Travolta who built his persona as a ladies man - would most likely lose some of his star power.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:43

But dont you think that John has made enuff money for the rest of his lifetime that the necessary fan base isnt so necessary anymore?
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:54

playfuldeb wrote:But dont you think that John has made enuff money for the rest of his lifetime that the necessary fan base isnt so necessary anymore?

Perhaps, but then why doesn't John come out? He's had ample opportunity. When the photos of him kissing the pilot came out in one of the supermarket rags? These allegations of non reciprocal behavior with someone providing a massage service? (Many massage workers are not sex workers)

Perhaps it's about his kids? Perhaps it's about Kelly? Or maybe, after this much time as a world-wide celebrity, money may not be needed but the expectation of positive fan reaction and the fame might be important to him.

Doesn't negate the fact that officially coming out in many countries and with many fans who are currently unaware of the allegations and photos could turn those fans against him.

I realize more celebrities ARE coming out but I don't see many world-wide film super stars doing it.

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 27 Jul 2012, 05:59

LornaDoone wrote:I realize more celebrities ARE coming out but I don't see many world-wide film super stars doing it.
Which is odd when you think about it. If 10% of the general population is gay, then at leat 10% of our world-wide celebrities should be gay too. Yet none are. Hmmm.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tzizz Fri 27 Jul 2012, 21:33

i just watched 3 clips of John Travolta dancing -- WOW! I forgot what a fabulous dancer he is and he still has great range as an actor. http://www.toofab.com/2012/07/27/15-best-dance-scenes-in-movies-step-up-revolution/
(There's one of Tom Cruise, too. What a pretty boy he was/is!) I hope I don't step on any toes, but I do blame their "church" for a lot of their current misery. (I know, I know . . . they made their choices . .. but still....)

tzizz
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 28 Jul 2012, 03:47

Tzizz!!!! Thanks for that link! It was so much fun!!
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down