George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them.

+29
Aly
Duffy
blubelle
LornaDoone
fava
pandabear
Missa
lucy
Joanna
barla
melbert
cindigirl
bellybaby
watching
Katiedot
janieb
premiere
Maggy
George Fan
EEOsandy
m4rose
party animal - not!
silly girl
adgran
Clooneygirl
davidarochelle
lelacorb
Lakin460
The next mrs clooney
33 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them.

Post by Lakin460 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 19:37

At this point I don't know. It will truly surprise me if she's NOT tapped to be on the show, since she's so 'front and center' right now, in a manner of speaking. But Entertainment Weekly is not exactly a tabloid rag, so I give them some credence when they say don't look for her. I don't know, davida. There. How's that for a definitive answer! Neutral
Lakin460
Lakin460
Slow dancing with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them. - Page 2 Empty Re: DWTS all stars, will Stacy be one of them.

Post by cindigirl Thu 26 Jul 2012, 19:47

silly girl wrote:According to EW.com:

'Dancing With the Stars' all-stars rumors: Melissa Rycroft, Joey Fatone, plus a twist
by James Hibberd

Though we’re hearing that you shouldn’t expect another attention-getting Dancing alum, Stacy Keibler, to take a break from George Clooney to hit the dance floor anytime soon.

Sounds like they think Stacy won't be able to tear herself away from George - or - maybe they don't want her?
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 26 Jul 2012, 19:54

How about a new poll to predict IF she will be on "Dancing" and possible reasons why or why not?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Thu 26 Jul 2012, 20:16

Wait tomorrow.......................but if George has so influenced (as he says all the gossip!) on the possibilities of working with his GF, Stacy is really unlucky: he opened a autirimessa, did a pilot? ... er, flew to New York to do publicity for mini bagel chips (?) went to New York Fashion Week without a parade no ................. She speaks without her fitness qualifications that allow this! sorry but where is the big influence of George?
George but what has this woman for you? only two legs and maybe something in between? Does not it seem a bit 'a little at your age?
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 26 Jul 2012, 20:37

lelacorb...I'm shocked at your coarseness ! Blah blah blah
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Thu 26 Jul 2012, 21:21

lelacorb wrote:Wait tomorrow.......................but if George has so influenced (as he says all the gossip!) on the possibilities of working with his GF, Stacy is really unlucky: he opened a autirimessa, did a pilot? ... er, flew to New York to do publicity for mini bagel chips (?) went to New York Fashion Week without a parade no ................. She speaks without her fitness qualifications that allow this! sorry but where is the big influence of George?
George but what has this woman for you? only two legs and maybe something in between? Does not it seem a bit 'a little at your age?

There is a difference between George actually getting her work and her association with George getting her work. Obviously George is not soliciting work offers for her or she may have gotten a few more things. However her association with George is pulling in the little work with bagel chips and the magazine articles about fitness. If she wasn't dating George right now she probably wouldn't even have those jobs. When she did DWTS she was contracted afterwards and all she managed to get then was a few guest spots on a couple of shows, if she had real talent then she would have been able to capitalize on that opportunity also.
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 26 Jul 2012, 22:40

If no other opportunities have developed for her TV/host/movie why not? She was a good competitor the first time, also a favorite, now she is more well known due to her time with George. Don't know how or what her talents are from what she has done. She's got something(GTC) who knows what her hidden talents maybe. For me she is just another P.B. and jelly sandwich on white bread, we have thousands of them in LA.
Lakin, love your avatar!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 22:50

Thanks, lucy!
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 22:56

It would be interesting if she isn't on DWTS, possibly meaning she's gambling on the X-factor gig. From what I understand, auditions for X-factor are happening in August, so she wouldn't know yet whether she has that job. Big risk, if that's what she's doing.

Simon Cowell did say he wants a "boy/girl" host team, so that narrows her chance of getting a hosting spot compared to when people were speculating it could be her and a Kardashian. On the other hand, he also said he wants it to be people who haven't hosted before, so that increases her odds.

I think she might do well in the auditions, considering she's done the "scripted storyline in front of a big audience" thing with wrestling. It's handling the unexpected on live television that I think might throw her for a loop. I don't know that she has the wits to handle that well.
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 23:02

Has it been confirmed that she's even being seriously considered for the X Factor? I just thought it was tabloid conjecture stuff, not that she was really a contender. Did I miss something?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Thu 26 Jul 2012, 23:11

A couple of the more recent mentions, from EW online and E online:

'The X Factor' host update: Stacy Keibler, Mario Lopez, Khloé Kardashian?
by James Hibberd
Tags: News
Comments 79Add comment

Image Credit: Getty Images
Simon Cowell doesn’t want to make the same mistake twice.
The X Factor chief is taking his own sweet time finding the ideal host for the second season of the Fox version of his hit show. Unlike last year, when host-bot Steve Jones handled the show solo, Cowell wants two people for the gig this fall. And instead of having a host on the singing competition from the very start, the audition rounds (which are already being shot) will be host-free. “I want to work with a boy and girl and I definitely think this is a role for two people,” Cowell recently told reporters. “[We] have narrowed it down to 5 people.”
Some names we’re hearing are under consideration: BET personality Rocsi Diaz, actor and America’s Best Dance Crew host Mario Lopez and actress/model Stacy Keibler. Add to that some names E! Online is hearing: Khloé Kardashian, Kelly Osbourne, BET’s 106 & Park host Terrence J, sportscaster Erin Andrews and radio personality Mike Catherwood (more names below).
Sources emphasize that prospective hosts are still being interviewed and actual testing for the gig is not expected for several more weeks. “They want to make sure the duo has chemistry,” one insider said.

“If you count, which I did, over a two-hour show, we separated what the host says, and it’s 12 minutes — and a lot of that is quite boring information,” Cowell told reporters. “There are ways of relaying information that it doesn’t become like a news reader’s role. Like if I go on Jay Leno’s show, I love doing it with someone else because you bounce off each other and it puts less pressure on me and I enjoy the interview more. When the hosts are facing four judges, I think it’s very intimidating and I think you need another opinion.”
Of course, American Idol famously started with two hosts, before Ryan Seacrest consumed the gig. “What happened in America is that it ended up with one because they didn’t get the right second person. I always thought it was a two-person job,” Cowell says. “Ryan would obviously disagree agree with that.”
Fox and X Factor reps declined comment.
UPDATE: Two more names sources say have been considered: VH1 sketch comedy actress Stevie Ryan and Vampire Diaries actress Katerina Graham.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

X Factor Considering Khloé Kardashian Odom, Stacy Keibler and More as Possible Hosts?
by Marc Malkin Mon., Jul. 9, 2012 6:05 PM PDT

American Idol isn't the only one shaking things up in music reality television.
As X Factor fans know, Simon Cowell has new judges Britney Spears and Demi Lovato in place, but he still needs to replace Steve Jones as host for the upcoming second season.
Multiple sources tell E! News that Cowell wants to go back to his original plan of having two hosts—one male and one female.
While one source said that producers have "cast their net far and wide" in search of the perfect pairing, there are some names already under consideration.
George Clooney's leggy girlfriend Stacy Keibler has apparently already met with X Factor bosses, but no formal talks have begun between them.
Other names we're hearing being floated around by Cowell & Co. include E!'s very own Khloé Kardashian Odom and Kelly Osbourne, Mario Lopez, BET's 106 & Park host Terrence J, sportscaster Erin Andrews and radio personality Mike Catherwood.

One source said Cowell isn't rushing to fill the slots. "They're doing the auditions without a host so it's no big deal they don't have hosts right now," the source said. "Simon really wants to take his time. The two-person thing didn't work out the first time and he wants to make sure it works this time."
Reps for the possible cohosts and X Factor did not comment for this story.

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 26 Jul 2012, 23:16

Hope she gets it, would be nice to see how she would handle it, never watched x-factor, but I would if SK got the gig. Wonder if George would find the next one?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Thu 26 Jul 2012, 23:24

Don't think she has a realistic chance of getting it. Doesn't Simon want his hosts/hostesses to stand out and have a fab sense of humor and comedic talent? And she would be "torn to bits," as she doesn't have a singing or music background.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Thu 26 Jul 2012, 23:39

From what I have seen, Stacy cannot think on her feet, does not possess a quick wit and ready comeback. I think she'd be comfortable with Mario, but still, she's so bland and vanilla, I have doubts she'll get it, either.
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Jul 2012, 00:38

I think that she'd be very sympathetic with the contestants, and watching her with Lopez on The Grove might have made Cowell wonder when he was looking around. They seemed to work well together as a team

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 00:45

To answer your question, davida, I think Simon wants someone who will bring up his ratings. I think Stacy would do that, if only for the first few episodes. Honestly, how many people here would tune in to see her (probably) crash and burn? I would. And the host doesn't need to have any musical background; Ryan Seacrest doesn't, other than being a a radio personality, and he does a fine job on Idol.

I agree with everything you said, Lakin, but most of those flaws wouldn't come out until she'd actually gotten the job, and was in front of a live audience on national television. I think in an audition setting, she could maintain a certain level of banter with someone and be charming enough that she could get the job. It's hard to predict Simon Cowell; he wants someone who people will want to watch, but he definitely wants to be the star of the show. Someone like Stacy might be just the right mix of fun/pretty and star-struck/deferential to play to his ego. I wouldn't be completely shocked to hear she got it.

Or that, three weeks in, they were going with just a single, male host again. Wink
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 27 Jul 2012, 00:58

Profound thought - Can you imagine?

a) You're living with a guy called George Clooney and

b) You might be offered a contract with DWTS for the all stars series and

c) You might be in the running for an X Factor slot and

d) You're living in a little Villa on a beautiful lake in Italy for the summer with the other odd trip thrown in and

e) Not long ago you were in a living room in LA having a chat with the President of the USA and............

Imagine!!!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:06

No one's arguing she's not living the life right now. That's what makes the crash so hard. Let's be honest, as much as we know about George and his history with women, it would be really hard not to get caught up in that lifestyle, and maybe start thinking you're in it for the long haul.

I just imagine the first morning Sarah woke up and realized she'd have to go back to waiting on leering drunks in Vegas clubs. Ouch.
And Stacy will have it worse, like Lisa: because she's in show business, and will likely remain on the D-list after, every time she does an interview for anything, it'll be "What was George like?".
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:06

Missa,
Ryan Seacrest has been a radio station host since the age of 14. A natural and trained talent, he had the best music mentors (including Dick Clark) and was a well-known LA DJ with a huge following. He's even won Emmy's for his comedic hosting. I saw his original audition for "Idol." He was asked to deal with a girl who was crying and had just blown her audition. Seacrest demonstrated Southern Charm at its best.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:14

Davida,

I'd argue that he has a "hosting" background, not a "singing or musical" background, as you suggested was necessary. I don't believe pressing a button on a computer to make music play on the radio constitutes "musical" training. I do think he is exceptionally good at what he does, and makes it look easy, which is why people like Stacy Keibler think they can do it.

Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:18

Missa,
Ryan Seacrest was known for his radio interviews of music superstars. Not all of them were at all interesting or even sober. He was hired to make others look very good and polished.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:20

Daily news article is claiming this is the list:

THE BIG GUNS are returning to “Dancing With the Stars.” According to sources, the hit ABC show will welcome back multiple winners and finalists for the 15th season — debuting this fall — which is being billed as the “2012 All-Star Cast.” The contestants include season two winner Drew Lachey and season nine winner Donny Osmond. Previous second-place finishers who have made the cut include Mel B, Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, Kyle Massey and Gilles Marini.
But the most intriguing names on the list we received belong to a trio of beautiful women: Pamela Anderson, Maria Menounos and Stacy Keibler. The network officially will announce the lineup Friday. Reps for the lovely ladies did not return our request for comment and a rep for the show told us “we do not comment on casting rumors.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:28

I don't know why we're arguing. You say Ryan is good; I say Ryan is good. You stated that Stacy would have a hard time because she has neither a singing nor musical background. I think she would have a hard time because she doesn't have the chops required to keep an interview going under the best of circumstances, never mind with the pressures and unpredictability of live television.

I think what we're disagreeing on is the definition of a "musical background". It seems you think Ryan has one because he has a long history of hosting radio shows and interviewing music stars. I think he has a hosting and interviewing background because he has a long history of hosting radio shows and interviewing music stars. Either way, we agree he is very good at his job, and Stacy would not be very good at his job. Can we let it go before I have to start googling Ryan Seacrest's SAT scores? badcomputer
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:31

Missa, I totally agree with you, now that I understand your viewpoint.

TNMC, Thanks for that post. I hope SK does get DWTS.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:35

The next mrs clooney wrote:Daily news article is claiming this is the list:

THE BIG GUNS are returning to “Dancing With the Stars.” According to sources, the hit ABC show will welcome back multiple winners and finalists for the 15th season — debuting this fall — which is being billed as the “2012 All-Star Cast.” The contestants include season two winner Drew Lachey and season nine winner Donny Osmond. Previous second-place finishers who have made the cut include Mel B, Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone, Kyle Massey and Gilles Marini.
But the most intriguing names on the list we received belong to a trio of beautiful women: Pamela Anderson, Maria Menounos and Stacy Keibler. The network officially will announce the lineup Friday. Reps for the lovely ladies did not return our request for comment and a rep for the show told us “we do not comment on casting rumors.”

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ohsnap Good thing they are making annoucements tomorrow so we can end the speculating crap!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:43

Ahh clooneygirl, we may get to stop speculating on whether she will be on it or not but we will just have so much more to speculate about. If she gets it it will be all about whether George will go, if she doesn't then it will be about why and will she be on the x-factor. It's a wonder we all don't go crazy with all the speculation we have to do Eeek!
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:45

I think she will be on and she is probably in New York for the announcement.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:51

party animal - not! wrote:Profound thought - Can you imagine?

d) You're living in a little Villa on a beautiful lake in Italy for the summer with the other odd trip thrown in and

e) Not long ago you were in a living room in LA having a chat with the President of the USA and............

Imagine!!!

Good for Stacy but what exactly is George getting out of this relationship?
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by The next mrs clooney Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:54

Clooneygirl wrote:

Imagine!!!

Bagel Chips???? Very Happy
The next mrs clooney
The next mrs clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:56

TNMC, Superb answer.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 01:57

The next mrs clooney wrote:Ahh clooneygirl, we may get to stop speculating on whether she will be on it or not but we will just have so much more to speculate about. If she gets it it will be all about whether George will go, if she doesn't then it will be about why and will she be on the x-factor. It's a wonder we all don't go crazy with all the speculation we have to do Eeek!

Shocked you are so right. Can you imagine if they film dance rehearsals at the villa? I might throw my T.V. out the window! Just kidding.
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:03

I hope that she does gets in only because
I think she would do a great job. (judging only from pass performance)
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:06

and MORE speculation!!!

"Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars" premieres Monday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m., with the first results show airing the following night, ABC announced today (July 26).

Although the cast for the 15th cycle of the reality dance competition won't be revealed until tomorrow morning (July 27), at 10:30 a.m. PT, the Interwebs are sizzling with speculation.

Top contenders for a spot on the dance floor include Melissa Rycroft (Season Cool, Joey Fatone (Season 4), Pamela Anderson (Season 10), Melanie Brown ("Mel B"; Season 5), Gilles Marini (Season Cool, Chelsea Kane (Season 12), Carson Kressley (Season 13), Mario Lopez (Season 3), Sabrina Bryan (Season 5) and (gulp) Bristol Palin (Season 11)

Melissa Joan Hart (Season 9), pregnant with her third child, is definitely not competing for the disco-ball trophy. "I didn't have the best time on that show," the 36-year-old actress told Access Hollywood. Nor is George Clooney's girlfriend Stacy Keibler (Season 2) expected to compete.

Host Tom Bergeron seemed to confirm reports that a final spot in the cast would be selected by fan vote, tweeting: "Looking forward to Friday's DWTS All-Star Cast announcement. We'll be announcing all but one, then YOU have to get to work! #DWTS."

There is no word yet on whether the cast will include previous winners of the competition.

Which "Stars" do you hope to see back on the dance floor?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:10

Melbert,
Your post completely contradicts the other. Wonder which is true?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:18

My guess is that she's in NYC for the announcement, which is why she's gone quiet on twitter. It would be too easy to tell she's not in Italy. I would expect the tweeting increase exponentially tomorrow.

At least I hope that's what's going on. I'm pretty sure a week is the longest we've gone without a Deep Thought from Ms. Keibler on Twitter. Maybe someone should check on her... Suspect
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:19

The next mrs clooney wrote:
Clooneygirl wrote:

Imagine!!!

Bagel Chips???? Very Happy

TNMC Not worthy A career vs bagel chips. Seems fair!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:25

Missa,
According to what Melbert posted, SK is NOT on DWTS.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:26

Hey, I didn't WRITE the article. I just posted it. We won't know til tomorrow for sure.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:39

Yep, I can read. And according to the previous post, SK IS on DWTS. Since we have conflicting reports, I was simply making a guess as to which one is correct. Seriously, until we hear it from Tom Bergeron's mouth tomorrow, we won't know for sure.
Missa
Missa

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:48

Melbert&Missa, I know you are not proven psychics. LOL Since the posts show the opposite information, re SK and DWTS, I was wondering which to believe.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 27 Jul 2012, 02:53

NONE of them Davida!!! They're all gossip until we hear it from the horse's mouth. Some stories are a little more reliable than others, but it's pure speculation on their part too, as I'm sure that ABC has been tight-mouthed about this. When it was first announced that they were doing this all-stars show, most of those names were being tossed about. I BELIEVE these articles just went with the most popular wish list that most of their readers had. Just hold your thoughts til tomorrow's announcement, and then we can decide which tabloid MAY be more reliable.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Clooneygirl Fri 27 Jul 2012, 03:01

Missa wrote:Yep, I can read. And according to the previous post, SK IS on DWTS. Since we have conflicting reports, I was simply making a guess as to which one is correct. Seriously, until we hear it from Tom Bergeron's mouth tomorrow, we won't know for sure.

Laughing I will have to make sure my iPhone is fully charged so I can keep updated while I am at work!
Clooneygirl
Clooneygirl
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 27 Jul 2012, 12:47

Well her name keeps getting thrown around

2012 Dancing With the Stars (DWTS) All-Star Cast Revealed
Posted by Shari July 26th, 2012 | 0 Comments »

Drew Lachey
Donny Osmond
Spice Girl Mel B
Mario Lopez
Pamela Anderson
Joey Fatone
Kyle Massey
Maria Menounos
Gilles Marini
Stacy Keibler

What do you think of the supposed All Star Cast – will you be tuning in?

Be sure to come back tomorrow to confirm who will be dancing for the 15th season.

The 15th season premiers on September 24th

Source
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by Lakin460 Fri 27 Jul 2012, 13:01

Does anybody know when, where, how the announcement will be made? Will ABC just do a press release and the different media outlets will pick it up and report - like on Yahoo, ET, EOnline, etc.? Or will they do like a press conference?
Lakin460
Lakin460

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 27 Jul 2012, 13:56

Looks like it gets announced on the abc.com website at 10:30am PT on July 27th.
Link to dwts official website

Tom Bergeron‏@Tom_Bergeron
We'll announce the cast tomorrow morning 10:30ish CA time at the TCA. The names will be posted on the DWTS page on [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
10 hours ago

The season Betty was on, she and the other dancers were "presented" at the annoucement and they posed for cast pics and did press. Their names were called, they walked out and then sat on a couch. Could be why we haven't seen Stacy recently if she has gone back to the States for the announcement and then she has to get back into rehearsals straight away. I mean, if she was spotted in LA it would be pretty easy to determine she was doing the show. Or if she isn't doing the show, she is staying out the paps sight in Italy to try and keep the buzz and interest in her possibility of her doing the show. Her name getting bounced around may help her in trying to land another gig if people think she is in demand or that she is popular ebough with the public to be able to host/act/promote something.

Last edited by watching on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:03; edited 1 time in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:02

If Simon Cowell caught SK on The Chew, for sure she won't get the XFactor job.....she couldn't hold her own with the green beans. My personal picks would be either Kardashian or Kelly Osborne. They're both a little edgier, and not afraid to speak their minds - even if it means being a little controversial - which Simon would love. I don't think vanilla ice cream can be controversial, can it??

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:08

But does Simon want someone edgy or someone who will generate press attention, pander to his ego and won't appear smarter than him?? Stacy has proven she can hold her own on a red carpet whilst gushing over a man like he is the second coming - Simon loves that type of attention, praise and a good soundbite (or tweet) that will get press coverage.

According to the biography written about him, he apparently hires women for his shows in the UK because he wants to bed them, at least the attractive ones - Danni Minogue, Cheryl Cole, Kelly Brook, etc. I could see Stacy falling into that category for him.
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:13

Didn't think about her having to end her vaca with George to be on DWTS All-stars, add into the mix the hours of rehearsals, what a choice to have to make. Let him out of my presence, not be available, relationship as his no. one GF over. Oh well she probably knows it's time for him to return to work.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:30

Their website states the show goes to air from 24th Sept.

I just can't see her turning this down if the money was right. This gives her a platform back to mainstream America that could help her career from its stagnant holding pattern for the past handful of years. When she did the show last time, she got a development deal with ABC where they tried to either place her in a current show or build one around her. That went nowhere and her career hasn't taken off. Sure she works as such but she hasn't developed the career she appeared to be hoping for - regular jobbing actress with a focus on tv comedy as funny hot girl. She does seem willing to do the work if there is a positive end result for her. She is willing to pass up dinner in Washington to make a pilot - which went nowhere. Other than spruiking bagel chips, appareances (video games, bartender comps, regular hollywood party scene) and modelling gigs for magazines that focus on physical appearance, she hasn't picked up any work that could take her career to the next level in years.

And she would have to realise that without the association, at her age in Hollywood and her acting "range", she needs a gimmick to garner attention and not have a career that is dead in the water in less than 5 years. Younger, attractive & willing girls are turning up everyday and aiming for the same type of jobs that she goes for. She needs to make a mark and develop something that makes her memorable to continue to exist in the Hollywood stratasphere as more than a starlet. No doubt she has money in the bank and being the ex gf of will keep her in party invites and pap coverage for years to come but if she really wants a working career (which I think she does), she needs something soon that set her apart from all the other fitness mad, blonde with limiting acting ability model types doing cleanses in LA.

I think it would be a smart move for her professionally to do the show. It would put her back front and centre and give her the opportunity to be re-discovered as such to the wider community. I mean, the point of DWTS is to try and restart your career when you have become a has-been or when you are an up and comer trying to develop a wider fanbase. Stacy did the show as an up and coming to try and build a career in the entertainment industry. Why not do it now that she has become a has-been and try and resuscitate her limping career?

Last edited by watching on Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:48; edited 2 times in total
watching
watching

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 27 Jul 2012, 14:43

Totally agree with you watching, what better offers has she got. Unless there is something in the works that is being kept a secret this is her second chance.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next