George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyYesterday at 22:10 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film

+3
Lighterside
Katiedot
laetval
7 posters

Go down

Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film Empty Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film

Post by laetval Fri 07 Jan 2011, 13:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

CINCINNATI (AP) - George Clooney has personally scouted authentic locations in Ohio for an upcoming film in which he'll play a presidential candidate.

The actor has checked out a Cincinnati concert hall and the city's Lunken Airport, sites where many real-world national politicians have stopped over the years.

Memorial Hall in 2008 hosted a rally for GOP presidential nominee John McCain. A hall official says it will be used in the film, "Ides of March," which Clooney will both direct and star in.

The airport has been a campaign backdrop for Barack Obama, George H.W. Bush and others. Clooney visited after Thanksgiving, and Lunken manager Fred Anderton says negotiations are under way.

Clooney grew up around Cincinnati, where his father was a TV newscaster.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film Empty Re: Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film

Post by Katiedot Fri 07 Jan 2011, 14:03

Wow, there's going to be so much excitement if he decides to go 'home' for filming. Remember all the stories we got when he filmed Leatherheads?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film Empty Re: Clooney scouts Ohio political stops for new film

Post by Lighterside Fri 07 Jan 2011, 14:10

Hey Ada...he's going to be in your neck of the woods! cheers Well sort of anyway... it's closer than Illinois at least! Coolio
Lighterside
Lighterside
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Fri 07 Jan 2011, 14:15

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney to film new movie at Memorial Hall, Lunken Airport

George Clooney's "Ides of March" movie, scheduled to start filming here next month, will be art imitating life.

Clooney, who directs and stars in the film about a Democratic governor campaigning in presidential primaries, has personally scouted two locations here often used by national candidates: Lunken Airport and Memorial Hall.

"Memorial Hall is being used (for the film), but I don't have an exact date yet," said Ray Henry, Memorial Hall Society operations director.

• Photos: Politicians in Cincinnati
• Photos: George Clooney
• Take our George Clooney quiz

The historic 102-year-old Elm Street auditorium was the scene of John McCain's 2008 Republican rally when WLW-AM's Bill Cunningham made national headlines for referring to the Democratic front-runner by his full name, Barack Hussein Obama.

"He (Clooney) really loved the building. He said, 'I'll see you soon. This is a great spot,' " Henry said of Clooney's visit.

Shooting will start in February, and go into March, says Jacquie Loughery, president and CEO of Dare to Dream Casting on Pete Rose Way, downtown.

Clooney, 49, the Oscar-winning actor who grew up in Mason and Augusta, will be directing his fourth movie - and filming his first in his hometown area. He could not be reached for comment.

An open casting call for extras and small roles will come "very soon," says Loughery, who cast "Cornhole: The Movie" and "The Black Dove," both shot here.

"There will be many extras needed," Loughery said.

Shortly after Thanksgiving, Clooney scouted Lunken Airport, used by candidates Obama, McCain, Sarah Palin, George H.W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Ted Kennedy, John Kasich and others.

"It looks like they're going to use it. We're still negotiating. Nothing in ink yet," said Fred Anderton, airport manager.

Anderton said he expects scenes to be shot in the terminal lobby and behind the terminal.

Clooney's production team also has talked to at least one Lunken hangar owner about renting space as a sound stage, Anderton said.

A Lunken hangar was used last year after the Reds-Cardinals' Opening Day game to shoot a Wheaties TV commercial starring Reds pitcher Francisco Cordero and St. Louis slugger Albert Pujols, he said.

Many extras would be needed if Clooney films campaign rallies here.

The 1979 Augusta High School graduate will play a Howard Dean-type governor based on Beau Willimon's "Farragut North" play about a presidential campaign.

Willimon was a press aide for Dean's 2004 presidential campaign. Clooney and his longtime writing partner, Grant Heslov, wrote the screenplay with Willimon.

Ryan Gosling ("The Notebook") stars as the aggressive first-time campaign staffer who gets caught up in dirty tricks.

Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood, Paul Giamatti, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Jeffrey Wright and Max Minghella will co-star, says the International Movie Database ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Giamatti plays a rival campaign manager, Tomei appears as a New York Times reporter and Wood plays a campaign intern, according to reports.

Part of "Ides of March" also will be shot in Michigan, which has approved a state film financial incentive for the production. A casting call has been posted for extras who will be needed in Detroit in March.

Clooney earned an Academy Award nomination in 2006 for directing "Good Night, And Good Luck," the year he won his Oscar for best supporting actor in "Syriana." He also directed "Leatherheads" and "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind."
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 01:38

I'm really looking forward to LOTS of pics! Hopefully without someone...
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 08 Jan 2011, 01:46

melbert wrote:I'm really looking forward to LOTS of pics! Hopefully without someone...

Ahhh! Sad I don't mind seeing him with Grant. Neutral

Razz

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 01:52

Grant, Nick, Nina, EVERYBODY but her...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 08 Jan 2011, 05:08

Glad he is back safe. I wonder what the excuse is this time for her once again not being around. She didn't go last scouting trip either and she could have easily.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 08 Jan 2011, 10:49

He did this last year Dexterdidit....he was still in Sudan yesterday...
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 08 Jan 2011, 11:07

I thought it was a quick trip! I really need to learn to read properly. LOL
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 08 Jan 2011, 21:29

melbert wrote:Grant, Nick, Nina, EVERYBODY but her...

Sorry, melbert, my CS fell flat. I was having some fun with you. Very Happy

Hopefully without someone....

Since you left it as a fill-in-the-blank, I was teasing and saying that Grant was okay.

P.S. I knew who you were referring to. LOL!

Last edited by sisieq on Sat 08 Jan 2011, 21:31; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added the second quote and sentences.)

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 08 Jan 2011, 23:16

Sisieq, I knew you knew!!!! And yes, by all means, Grant!!!! Just NOT her!! I do "get" your CS and I LOVE it!!! Wheee!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down