George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
POLL: The American EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
POLL: The American EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
POLL: The American EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
POLL: The American EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
POLL: The American EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
POLL: The American EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
POLL: The American EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
POLL: The American EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
POLL: The American EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

POLL: The American

+34
LornaDoone
Mazy
theminis
aflower1325
Best in Category
Maggy
Lakin460
Seth Gecko
Astras
Joanna
lolo"layla"
hathaross
anon.4
Vilma
fluffy
sandwiches
cindigirl
lelacorb
Natascha
Casey
socimar
bellybaby
laetval
Atalante
it's me
Dexterdidit
Merlin
PigLove
bunny
melbert
sisieq
lucy
Katiedot
38 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How do you rate The American?

POLL: The American Vote_lcap23%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 23% 
[ 17 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap27%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 27% 
[ 20 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap15%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 15% 
[ 11 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap14%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 10 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap5%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 4 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap12%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 12% 
[ 9 ]
POLL: The American Vote_lcap3%POLL: The American Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 73
Back

POLL: The American Empty The American: Steamy Scenes with George Clooney

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 09:48

Interesting comments from Violante about working with George, George's on-set pranks and confirmation from Anton Corbijn that George doesn't do interviews any more.

From Wales online (essential reading!)
23 November 2010

While George Clooney might not be in town to promote his movie, film-maker Anton Corbijn and actress Violante Placido are happy to tell Shereen Low all about The American

When he appeared at last year’s London Film Festival to promote Fantastic Mr Fox, The Men Who Stare At Goats and Up In The Air, fans were delighted to catch a glimpse of George Clooney. The elusive heart-throb spends most of his time in Los Angeles or at his Italian villa on Lake Como.

But fast forward 12 months and those hoping the Oscar award-winning star would pop into town again for his new film, The American, were soon disappointed.

Director Anton Corbijn, who’s incidentally tall and suave like Clooney, says apologetically: “Despite all similarities between George and me, I’m not George. George doesn’t do interviews any more, regardless of the film.”

In the new suspense thriller, Clooney, 49, plays lonely hitman Jack, who is forced to go on the run after a botched job. Deciding to retreat to the Italian countryside, he hesitantly embarks on a romance with prostitute Clara – played by Italian actress Violante Placido.

“When I knew Anton was coming to Italy, I thought it would be a wonderful adventure,” says Placido, her chocolate brown hair tumbling around her face. “And to work with George Clooney, for an actress, it’s a very wonderful thing to do.”

Describing their characters as “two souls brought together”, the 34-year-old actress from Rome explains that in the film she and Clooney first relate to each other with “their animal instincts and bodies”.

She continues: “They become more intimate personally, which scares them both. Neither is used to trusting other people. Each feels their own identity changing because they are being seen through the other’s eyes. They’re both searching for something within themselves.”

As well as being the lucky lady to lock lips with Clooney, who’s dating Italian TV presenter Elisabetta Canalis in real life, Placido also had to strip off for some sensual scenes.

“An actor has to be ready to be naked with emotions, and I don’t see much difference when you do so with the body,” she says, shrugging. “When you’re trying to tell a story – and in this case, the character is a prostitute – then the body would have to be included. It would be very unnatural if you tried to hide that part.”

Nonetheless, she credits her handsome co-star for creating a comfortable atmosphere in which she didn’t feel too self-conscious about baring all.

“Those scenes aren’t easy. George is a wonderful person. He’s been very generous in trying to create a relaxed atmosphere, where we could work together well.

“There was a good atmosphere of trust. I appreciated this because I’ve worked with actors who are insecure and try to make the other actor that way.”

She reveals, as Clooney fans will already know, that he likes to have fun on set: “He’s very playful in-between takes, even though this movie and his character were very serious. He makes jokes with people, even if they are not actors. Everybody was laughing on set. It’s just his way, he’s like that.”

Corbijn remembers one particularly memorable day’s filming: “There was a scene with a train and he made a 50 euros bet with the cameraman that the Italian train wouldn’t stop where it was meant to. The train stopped much further away and the actress came out and was confused about where she was. George was in stitches,” he recalls.

“My assistant director was furious. Later, the train driver admitted George asked him to stop five metres further so he could get his euros back.”

The American, which is based on Martin Booth’s novel A Very Private Gentleman, marks Corbijn’s second outing as director, following Control, a biopic about Joy Division frontman Ian Curtis in 2007.

The 55-year-old photographer and designer, who has directed music videos for U2, Depeche Mode and Coldplay, picked up tips from Clooney, who also co-produced the thriller with business partner Grant Heslov.

“I learnt a lot from him. George breathes films – it’s only my second film so there’s a lot for me to learn,” he says.

“He directs, writes and produces as well so he has a lot of experience from all different sides. I used to talk to him about scenes and stuff, which was very helpful to me. He was an official producer on the film so we could fall back on his expertise.”

There was no doubt in the Dutch film-maker’s mind that Clooney, who’s come a long way since his early days on television as ER’s Doctor Doug Ross, was perfect for the part of Jack.

“This is a character George hasn’t played before; it’s always interesting when an actor finds something new,” he says.

While Clooney is known for his command of dialogue and delivery of Oceans 11-style quips, in this movie he plays a man of few words, says Corbijn.

“We needed an actor who could talk without saying much and used his eyes, mouth and his hands to keep you informed. George is somebody who can do that. It’s not much of an action film, it’s really about the change the guy is going through.”

Surprisingly, Corbijn reveals that casting Clooney was a cinch: “It was great because he was the first person we approached. He said yes immediately,” he recalls.

Having collaborated with a bona fide film icon, it’s surely only a matter of time before the director becomes a regular name on the Hollywood circuit.

“I thought the first film would be the one and only film I would make. But having gone through the experience, I want to make more films and have a different type of experience,” he says.

“I’m reading and developing at the moment but I’m trying to get as much experience as I can in my first three films. Then I’ll decide if I can continue. Maybe I’ll do an animation in 3D next!”

Read More [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

POLL: The American Empty POLL: The American

Post by Katiedot Mon 06 Dec 2010, 10:35

If you've seen The American, what did you think of it?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

POLL: The American Empty Re: POLL: The American

Post by lucy Tue 14 Dec 2010, 22:41

Waiting on DVD.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 14 Dec 2010, 23:48

No Golden Globes for the American.

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:01

I'm waiting for DVD too. That way I can "pause" at the important place... Embarassed
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:13

Melbert just like Solaris?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 15 Dec 2010, 01:27

from what everyone else is saying, we won't actually "see" him nekkid, but I can still dream cheers
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Dec 2010, 13:39

I am one of the few - I guess - who absolutely loved the movie and I loved the book A Private Gentleman as well. I thought George was very good in the part of a man who has totally controlled every aspect of his life until his relationship with the prostitute.

The visual beauty of the movie was outstanding.

Although it wasn't a box office smash, I'm sure it made money. DVD is coming out soon in US unless they've change distribution date. I will definitely buy it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 15 Dec 2010, 22:54

[quote]I'm waiting for DVD too. That way I can "pause" at the important place... Embarassed[quote]

Dirty girl Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 16 Dec 2010, 00:27

I just can't help myself Purgatoire! I tells 'em as I sees 'em!!! Cool
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Fri 17 Dec 2010, 21:52

A Year in Sexy Movie Photos
By NextMovie Staff | December 16, 2010

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Other sunny (in this case, that stands for hot) photos at link

LOL, the "snow" shows up betting with a dark background. Its snowing on them, no wonder he's wearing a heavy jacket. rendeer

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Sat 18 Dec 2010, 00:33

I really loved the movie. I thought is was beautifully shot and it was very well acted. George was great -
bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

POLL: The American Empty 'The American' out on DVD on 28 December 2010

Post by Katiedot Wed 22 Dec 2010, 13:02

For those of us not lucky enough to see it at the cinema (blink and you miss it), it's out on DVD and blu-ray right after Christmas. Maybe this is all the more incentive to be very, very good and see if Santa comes back for a second delivery three days after crimbo?!

From The Examiner

21 December 2010

George Clooney plays Jack, an assassin who is sent by his boss to a small town in Italy to receive further directions on his next mission. Unfortunately, he does not know what that mission is until later, and then, his is still unaware of who to trust, for he was almost assassinated in the first five minutes of the film--and assassinates his love interest as well, for he could not even trust her. Consequently, he becomes even more apprehensive on who to trust and becomes even more paranoid when he arrives in Italy--even to the point to where he almost kills a women he meets, and eventually falls in love with later on in the film.

The theme of an assassin in movies has been done many times before and this film adds nothing new. That is, the plot is predictable. There is a sense that you know what is going to happen, you just don't know when it is going to happen. This is where the movie shines. The movie excels in the atmospheric tension, cinematography, and the location it provides. You can feel the tension by the slow pace of the movie. This is not in a bad way, but in an effective way that makes for good suspense. In addition, there is an underlying philosophical message that comes from the priest, Father Benedetto (played by Paolo Bonacelli), when he first sees Clooney in town. Soon, Jack and Father Benedetto periodically talk throughout the movie, where Father Benedetto gives Jack priestly advice. Jack, when first meeting the priest, states he is in town to take photographs, for he says he is a photographer for a magazine. Later, the priest realizes Jack is not who he says he is, but does not judge him, rather, gives him advice.

The talks with Jack and the priest are interesting, and the movie should have expanded on this philosophical discourse, rather than becoming what other movies become: predictable. There is one scene that deals with Jack existentialist view and furthers the films philosophical theme. That is, when Jack is in the woods with the women he falls in love with notices an endangered butterfly on her shoulder. This butterfly could signify Jack, who is also endangered, for he knows he might, or is, endangered as well.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 00:49

I want it NOW! I've been a good girl, but I can't wait til the 28th!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Thu 23 Dec 2010, 03:33

That's strange. Netflix listed it as available on 1/11 up until recently. Now it's "unknown." Grrr...

I don't think I want to BUY it, you know. (Sorry, Mr. Clooney.) - piggie
PigLove
PigLove
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 03:39

Ms. PigLove, I understand you don't want to pad his pocket, but, I understand that "scene" is really good!!!! Shocked
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Thu 23 Dec 2010, 03:45

Maybe as an Xmas present to myself. We'll see... Wink
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 23 Dec 2010, 03:50

go for it PigLove!!!! Everyone deserves a present to themselves!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 28 Dec 2010, 17:25

'The American' leads slim lineup of new Blu-ray titles

An exciting suspense thriller, "The American," tops a meager list of this week's latest Blu-ray releases.
"The American" (Universal, 2010, $39.98): George Clooney stars an international assassin named Jack who retreats to a hideaway in the Italian countryside after his most recent job turned out to be tougher than expected. Jack finds he enjoys relaxing away from the line of fire.
But when you're a gun for hire, people have a way of finding you. Jack decides to take one more assignment, which includes making a special weapon for a mysterious party. That eventually flushes Jack out of his Italian retreat. He soon finds himself on the run.

Clooney is in top-notch form in this fast-paced, edge-of-the-seat film. Includes digital copy. Recommended.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 28 Dec 2010, 17:43

Mine is in the mail as we speak!!! I'm so excited! Wink
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 29 Dec 2010, 02:41

Looking forward to finally seeing this one! I couldn't make up my mind when it came to the theater near me, and by the time I did it was gone. But after reading everything you ladies have said about it, I'm looking forward to watching it at home.preferably alone,so I can concentrate on all that beautiful scenery.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Wed 29 Dec 2010, 08:27

I will get this one on DVd once it is out down this way. I never got to the theater to see it they only play for a week or so down here it is so small.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Sat 01 Jan 2011, 20:28

Okay, melbert, I bought it at Target the other day and watched it the same night. Very pretty movie. I enjoyed adding my own extra dialog. It needs an action figure--Clooney with scooter, fancy gun, and butterfly guide.

Bossy hooker and pushy priest sold separately.

The guy who played Pavel had an amazing face. I could look at him for hours.

But here's my gripe. I also just watched Goats and both movie discs had behind the scenes featurettes with NO CLOONEY. Dude, skip Letterman and Esquire, whatever. But seriously, you can't sit in a chair for ten minutes during filming to talk about the project and why you did it? Fail.
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 01 Jan 2011, 21:38

Oh damn, PigLove, I was looking forward to behind the scenes too! Damn him for not doing them. He just did absolutely NO promotion of The American. But, I'll still watch it...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 05 Jan 2011, 02:54

Well, I finally watched this on DVD last night, and all I can say is dear, oh dear. I so wanted to love this film, I really did.

Unfortunately it seems that all the best scenes (as ever) are in the trailer. The film itself comes across as a film student's attempt at a European art-house film. It has all the right cliches lined up, from long scenes with no music track or speech to the mysterious motivations of unexplored characters to the requisite 'arty' love scene where the actress has to show it all and the actor doesn't. Unfortunately it just doesn't work.

Below contains spoilers that will ruin the film for you if you haven't seen it yet.

This film only works if you care about Clooney's character. This is supposed to be established from the opening scene where
Spoiler:
. Sadly, that didn't do it for me. There are attempts at characterisation, but not enough to really ever warm to him or particularly care about what happens to him - clearly a big minus in a film that's totally about one man and how almost nothing happens to him for the entirety of the film.

Not a lot happens in this film - did I say that already? He makes a gun, random people get shot for no particular reason, he runs through empty streets in a stereotypical Italian village straight from the 1950s and then there's the artistic sex with the lady of negotiable affection with a heart of gold.
Spoiler:
. And that's it. It doesn't add up to anything meaningful although you can tell that the director was trying really, really hard.

The good side: George's acting. Finally he adds another string to his bow and shows us what he can do. For years I've said that we've only ever seen George do two roles: suave, debonair George ("Hello ladeeez, I'm George Clooney!) eg: Dr Doug Ross, the Oceans films etc or grumpy George ("I'm not going to smile, I'm hoping to win an academy award for this role") viz Solaris, Syriana, Perfect Storm, Michael Clayton etc etc etc. The only exception was in From Dusk till Dawn where he managed to mine a vein of badass that he's long since lost the map to and now this. He actually manages to play cool. Not grumpy; cool.

Last edited by Admin on Wed 05 Jan 2011, 14:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Discovered the 'spoiler' button!)
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 05 Jan 2011, 02:58

Boy Katie, you're as good a reviewer as Sydney!!!! I still don't have mine, but I'll still watch it with an open mind!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bunny Wed 05 Jan 2011, 03:49

I downloaded it on itunes and watched it - I really liked the film.
It is a slow moving film - George really shows what he can do in this film - it was very well acted and it was a beautiful film.

bunny
bunny
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigLove Wed 05 Jan 2011, 03:53

I've loved all the online reviews of The American, though. One called it the movie version of a coffee table book. Another one said it was the quietest film you'll ever see that also includes car chases and gunfights. And, of course, my FAVORITE thing is that the main character has an ambiguous name, so most of the time, they just say "Clooney" or "George," so if you're surfing the web and not reading carefully, you might think George Clooney has shot his girlfriend, fled to Italy, made friends with a priest, and fallen in love with a hooker.

It's not that unlikely, now, is it?
PigLove
PigLove

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 05 Jan 2011, 08:35

I love this film
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 06 Jan 2011, 11:30

PigLove wrote: And, of course, my FAVORITE thing is that the main character has an ambiguous name, so most of the time, they just say "Clooney" or "George," so if you're surfing the web and not reading carefully, you might think George Clooney has shot his girlfriend, fled to Italy, made friends with a priest, and fallen in love with a hooker.

It's not that unlikely, now, is it?
Hah! Have you seen today's headline on Gawker? It says: "George Clooney Involved in Horrifying Italian Sex Murders".

Of course they mean his new role in Monster of Florence, but seriously!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 06 Jan 2011, 14:50

I'm still waiting to rent the dvd,my husband still home for holidays and I don't want to share George with him!SO I've skipped over Katiedots review for now!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 18 Jan 2011, 16:07

Found by Henway:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 18 Jan 2011, 16:17

Oh, I finally took the time to watch The American. One of my gripes is that the translation on the bottom of the frame (at least mine anyway) was way too small - maybe just my eyes. However, I don't think I missed anything without the translation. He definitely was intense, and I do like him better with a crinkly smile. All in all - I liked it. I hope with it ending that way it doesn't leave it open for an American II. Don't know if I want to go there.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 18 Jan 2011, 16:48

today it's available in Italy
no?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 18 Jan 2011, 17:00

greatgreat vid
thanks
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

POLL: The American Empty 'the American' nominated for an award by Int'l Film Music Critics' Association

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Feb 2011, 09:29

Found by Henway:

From moviecity news

International Film Music Critics Association 2011 Nomineess
Posted Friday, February 11th, 2011 - No Comments » Share and Enjoy: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

ALEXANDRE DESPLAT RECEIVES 7 INTERNATIONAL FILM MUSIC CRITICS’ 2010 AWARD NOMINATIONS, INCLUDING TWO FOR FILM SCORE OF THE YEAR

FEBRUARY 11, 2011 – The International Film Music Critics Association announces its list of nominations for excellence in musical scoring in 2010, with French composer Alexandre Desplat leading the field with 7 nods including THE KING’S SPEECH (3 nominations) and THE GHOST WRITER (4 nominations) for Film Score of the Year. Also nominated in this category are John Powell’s HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON (5 nominations), Daft Punk’s score to TRON: LEGACY (3 nominations) and Hans Zimmer’s INCEPTION (3 nominations).

Desplat, who also wrote the nominated score to HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART 1, is short-listed for Composer of the Year along with John Powell (HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON); James Newton Howard (SALT, THE LAST AIRBENDER, NANNY MCPHEE RETURNS); Danny Elfman (ALICE IN WONDERLAND) and Hans Zimmer (INCEPTION).

Breakout Composer of the Year nominees include Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter, better known as the French electronic/dance duo Daft Punk, for TRON: LEGACY; Spanish composer Oscar Araujo for the video game CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW; Spanish composer Arnau Bataller for the mystery film LA HERENCIA VALDEMAR; German composer Herbert Grönemeyer for the George Clooney drama THE AMERICAN; and Portuguese composer Nuno Malo for AMÁLIA, about Portuguese fado singer Amália Rodrigues.

New this year is Best Archival Release category, which combines previous categories that celebrated the current renaissance of older movie scores being released either for the first time, as a re-release or as a re-recording. With so many worthy choices, the new category has been expanded to 10 nominees, which this year includes the 6-disc, premiere release of Alex North’s score to Stanley Kubrick’s SPARTACUS, two never-released John Williams scores (BLACK SUNDAY and FAMILY PLOT) and re-recordings of scores as diverse as Dimitri Tiomkin’s THE ALAMO and Basil Poledouris’ CONAN THE BARBARIAN among other impressive releases.

The International Film Music Critics will announce the winners of its Seventh Annual Awards on February 25, 2011.

2010 Film Categories

FILM SCORE OF THE YEAR

• THE GHOST WRITER, music by Alexandre Desplat
• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, music by John Powell
• INCEPTION, music by Hans Zimmer
• THE KING’S SPEECH, music by Alexandre Desplat
• TRON: LEGACY, music by Daft Punk

FILM COMPOSER OF THE YEAR

• Alexandre Desplat
• Danny Elfman
• James Newton Howard
• John Powell
• Hans Zimmer

BREAKOUT COMPOSER OF THE YEAR

• Óscar Araujo
• Arnau Bataller
• Daft Punk
• Herbert Grönemeyer
• Nuno Malo

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A DRAMA FILM

• AMÁLIA, music by Nuno Malo
• BLACK SWAN, music by Clint Mansell
• THE KARATE KID, music by James Horner
• THE KING’S SPEECH, music by Alexandre Desplat
• TRUE GRIT, music by Carter Burwell

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A COMEDY FILM

• THE LIGHTKEEPERS, music by Pinar Toprak
• LO, music by Scott Glasgow
• NANNY MCPHEE RETURNS, music by James Newton Howard
• POTICHE, music by Philippe Rombi
• VAMPIRES SUCK, music by Christopher Lennertz

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ACTION/ADVENTURE/THRILLER FILM

• BURIED, music by Víctor Reyes
• THE GHOST WRITER, music by Alexandre Desplat
• INCEPTION, music by Hans Zimmer
• ROBIN HOOD, music by Marc Streitenfeld
• SALT, music by James Newton Howard

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A FANTASY/SCIENCE FICTION/HORROR FILM

• ALICE IN WONDERLAND, music by Danny Elfman
• DAYBREAKERS, music by Christopher Gordon
• HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOWS PART I, music by Alexandre Desplat
• THE LAST AIRBENDER, music by James Newton Howard
• TRON: LEGACY, music by Daft Punk

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR AN ANIMATED FEATURE

• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON, music by John Powell
• L’ILLUSIONNISTE [THE ILLUSIONIST], music by Sylvain Chomet
• LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF GA’HOOLE, music by David Hirschfelder
• TANGLED, music by Alan Menken
• TOY STORY 3, music by Randy Newman

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A DOCUMENTARY FEATURE

• THE BATTLE OF BRITAIN, music by Miguel d’Oliveira
• BÉBÉS [BABIES], music by Bruno Coulais
• OCÉANS, music by Bruno Coulais
• WAITING FOR ‘SUPERMAN,’ music by Christophe Beck
• THE WILDEST DREAM: CONQUEST OF EVEREST, music by Joel Douek

FILM MUSIC COMPOSITION OF THE YEAR

• ALICE IN WONDERLAND – “Alice’s Theme” (Danny Elfman)
• THE GHOST WRITER – “The Truth About Ruth” (Alexandre Desplat)
• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON – “Forbidden Friendship” (John Powell)
• HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON – “Test Drive” (John Powell)
• THE LAST AIRBENDER – “Flow Like Water” (James Newton Howard)

Other 2010 Categories

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A TELEVISION SERIES

• CZAS HONORU [TIME OF HONOR], music by Bartosz Chajdecki
• DOCTOR WHO, music by Murray Gold
• HUMAN TARGET, music by Bear McCreary
• LOST, music by Michael Giacchino
• ULL PER ULL [AN EYE FOR AN EYE], music by Marc Vaíllo

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE FOR A VIDEO GAME OR INTERACTIVE MEDIA

• CASTLEVANIA: LORDS OF SHADOW, music by Óscar Araujo
• DARK VOID, music by Bear McCreary
• JAMES BOND 007: BLOOD STONE, music by Richard Jacques
• LEGEND OF THE GUARDIANS: THE OWLS OF GA’HOOLE, music by Winifred Phillips
• LEGO UNIVERSE, music by Brian Tyler

BEST ARCHIVAL RELEASE OF AN EXISTING SCORE

• THE ALAMO, music by Dimitri Tiomkin (Tadlow/Prometheus) – Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producers: James Fitzpatrick, Luc Van de Ven; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald; Album Art Direction: GINKO DIGI

• BATMAN RETURNS, music by Danny Elfman (La-La Land) – Album Producers: Neil S. Bulk, Dan Goldwasser, MV Gerhard, Matt Verboys; Liner Notes: John Takis; Album Art Direction: David C. Fein

• BLACK SUNDAY, music by John Williams (Film Score Monthly) – Album Producers: Lukas Kendall, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Scott Bettencourt, Mike Matessino, Jeff Eldridge, Al Kaplan; Album Art Direction: Joe Sikoryak

• CONAN THE BARBARIAN, music by Basil Poledouris (Tadlow/Prometheus) – Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producer: James Fitzpatrick; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald; Album Art Direction: GINKO DIGI

• FAMILY PLOT, music by John Williams (Varèse Sarabande) – Album Producers: Robert Townson, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Mike Matessino

• THE GOONIES, music by Dave Grusin (Varèse Sarabande) – Album Producers: Robert Townson, Mike Matessino; Liner Notes: Mike Matessino; Album Art Direction: John Alvin, Drew Struzan

• INDEPENDENCE DAY, music by David Arnold ( La-La Land ) – Album Producers: Nick Redman, Mike Matessino, Didier C. Deutsch, MV Gerhard, Matt Verboys; Liner Notes: Dan Goldwasser; Album Art Direction: Mark Banning

• LAWRENCE OF ARABIA, music by Maurice Jarre (Tadlow) – Conductor: Nic Raine; Album Producer: James Fitzpatrick; Liner Notes: Frank K. DeWald

• MIKLÓS RÓZSA TREASURY, music by Miklós Rózsa (Film Score Monthly) – Album Producer: Lukas Kendall; Liner Notes: Lukas Kendall, Al Kaplan, Frank K. DeWald, John Fitzpatrick; Album Art Direction: Joe Sikoryak

• SPARTACUS, music by Alex North (Varèse Sarabande) – Album Producer: Robert Townson; Liner Notes: Robert Townson; Album Art Direction: Robert Townson, Matthew Joseph Peak, Bill Pitzonka

FILM MUSIC RECORD LABEL OF THE YEAR

• Film Score Monthly
• Intrada
• La-La Land
• MovieScore Media
• Varèse Sarabande

The International Film Music Critics Association (IFMCA) is an association of online, print and radio journalists who specialize in writing about original film and television music.

The IFMCA was originally formed in the late 1990s as the now-defunct “Film Music Critics Jury” by editor and journalist Mikael Carlsson, a former contributor to filmmusicradio.com and filmmusicmag.com, and currently the owner of the Swedish independent film music label MovieScore Media.

Since its inception, the IFMCA has grown to comprise over 50 members from countries as diverse as Australia, Belgium, Canada, Cyprus, France, Germany, Greece, Ireland, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.

Previous IFMCA Score of the Year Awards have been awarded to Michael Giacchino’s UP in 2009, Alexandre Desplat’s THE CURIOUS CASE OF BENJAMIN BUTTON in 2008, Dario Marianelli’s ATONEMENT in 2007, James Newton Howard’s LADY IN THE WATER in 2006, John Williams’ MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA in 2005 and Michael Giacchino’s THE INCREDIBLES in 2004.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 12 Feb 2011, 17:49

Yay! Finally a nomination!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 12 Feb 2011, 19:21

Exactly! I thought the soundtrack was incredible.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 17 Feb 2011, 14:44

Rndom stuff from the internet:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Can anyone identify the tattoo George Clooney has on his shoulder in the American? It looked military.? It had a dagger, handle at the bottom, blade straight up the middle of the symbol, a latin phrase below the dagger, Ex Facto Celsior or something like that, it was tough to see clearly, and something else at the top.

I have been trying to find a clip of the movie now that I am home. I have found a few quick shots of it, and it DOES look like a Special Forces patch because it has the dagger with the crossed arrows, but it definitely has a different latin saying in the movie. Maybe they took some liberties in the tattoo for the movie?

Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
It is similar to a Special Forces logo. It said, "Ex Gladio Equitas." It means justice from the sword. I think they just made something that looked similar to Special Forces.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Thu 17 Feb 2011, 15:44

I still haven't seen it in my local blockbuster,maybe netflex or I'm just gonna have to buy it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 17 Feb 2011, 18:50

Lucy, I think that you should buy it. If only for lonely days, or nights, to watch the "scene"...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 17 Feb 2011, 18:57

a must have
and MUST SEE
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 03 Mar 2011, 14:46

Well in Holland you gan get the DVD for free if you buy the Volkskrant this saturday 5 march. VolksKRANT, a newspaper, not a car ey.

When I was eating my milk and drinking my chocolate cookies, this clip showed up: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the next moment I was coughing cookies. That guy is everywhere. So I zapped to RTL, there he was again, babbling in french in of those Oceanmovies. He's a ... virus ! The Matrix
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 03 Mar 2011, 16:23

You're right! They're running Up in the Air on HBO or one of the other movie channels and they're trailing it in every commercial break.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Sun 08 May 2011, 14:25

PS : There is Ely on the set in this sequence, never seen!
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 08 May 2011, 18:37

Yes and beginning to think she's around often when the public doesn't see.I remember the real-time photos of George, Grant, & Gio throwing rocks never saw B.B. there.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 08 May 2011, 18:52

But we knew Betty was around for the filming of The American. They stayed in some hotel together, they rented a house or apartment or something (where she made seabass cookies) and so on. Didn't we?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 08 May 2011, 20:41

Yes, but we only saw her on the set maybe two or three times.What I'm saying is you never know what's off camera, the vid above proves it.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 08 May 2011, 22:25

So, maybe we'll get vids of them throwing things from IOM? Wouldn't that just be so funny????!!!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 08 May 2011, 23:21

It will sure stir things up on IMDb with you know who, now that would be,fun would be insensitive,scary?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next