George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan

+9
Rachel
Mazy
melbert
Dexterdidit
Astras
Maggy
NotAvailable
it's me
LornaDoone
13 posters

Go down

Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan Empty Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan

Post by LornaDoone Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:02

Found this on You Tube today. Apologies if already posted elsewhere.

WARNING - some disturbing images!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan Empty Re: Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan

Post by it's me Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:08

molto bello
nonostante alcune immagini..

even if sad
in some shoots
is really nice
THANKS!
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan Empty Re: Video - photo clips of George regarding Sudan

Post by NotAvailable Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:28

Thats quite a powerful video. Should be posted in more sites and more places, like on FB walls or more such types of walls where ppl can see. Ppl should feel uncomfortable when they see it. But that one little smiling face of the one child shows what courage is. That despite his environment, he can still smile.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:48

THANKS!

A very powerful video.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 25 Mar 2012, 23:57

Heartbreaking and powerful. Keep shining that light everyone. I love you
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 26 Mar 2012, 00:14

It gets the point across. Heartbreaking but sadly needed.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 26 Mar 2012, 00:38

Thanks Lorna. Indeed heartbreaking. I don't know how anybody can't be affected by this.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 14 Feb 2013, 15:37

dunno if the right place but
there will soon be an adv by George
and others

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Solidarity

Ten years of crisis in Darfur: the appeal of Clooney, Guerritore, Mannoia and Negramaro

Preview video of the campaign international school "Darfur 10" and presentation of the report in 2013 February 20, 12 am, Senate, Library "Giovanni Spadolini"

Rome
Ten-year conflict, ten years who have left the field 300 thousand deaths and over two million displaced. This is Darfur today. And 2013 will be a year that will involve frontline organizations such as Amnesty International and international stars to bring in the spotlight this crisis forgotten. Even in Italy, thanks to "Italians for Darfur," promoting association in our country to raise awareness of the human rights in Sudan, the new campaign with a testimonial as George Clooney, Monica Guerritore, Fiorella Mannoia and Negramaro. A video, or rather two with the shorter version designed to Twitter and other social networks, photos, music and words that tell the tragedy of the people of Sudan affected by starvation, disease and bombing accompanied by rapid pace of "Hands-eyed "One of the most important pieces of the band from Puglia. Julian, Andrew and the other Negramaro in the movie are seated in a semicircle in front of a TV not tuned eyes 'blindfolded' by anonymous hands. It Clooney, Guerritore Mannoia and boost the appeal to act quickly, not to ignore what is happening in Sudan, where, despite the presence of a peacekeeping mission, the clashes continue to occur and are filming the violence against the civilian population.

The video is signed by Vittorio Ferrara, TV producer and director of RAI and Mediaset, which has been able to concentrate in just over a minute the essence of this crisis. The official presentation will take place simultaneously at the conference for the tenth anniversary of the conflict, which relies on the patronage of the Senate, to be held in the hall - library "Giovanni Spadolini, Piazza della Minerva, February 20 at 12 am and the support the network of Independent Journalists free and independent (Julia). During the presentation will illustrate the 2013 Report on the situation of the crisis and will open the exhibition "Faces and colors of Darfur," curated by Antonella Naples, journalist and president of Italians for Darfur, who received the Medal of the Representation of the Presidency of the Republic. Among the guests attending the conference, the founder of the Sudan Liberation Movement Abdel Wahid Al Nur, leader of the opposition to the government of Sudan in Darfur.
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:02

You cannot imagine some of the sights, they are truely heart breaking. I get up-dates from many different sources by email daily. Huffpost, Google, Sudan Tribune, NyTimes and others, I follow most of them on tweeter. I read the articles and tweet about them continuously day or night depending on when I decide I am going to sleep.

Not having money to finance anything that is all I can think of that might help. I don't do it for just Darfur. Finally got a yes vote for the "Violence Against Women Act". On to the next one.

President Obama has another Organization where we can help like that to get Imigration Reform & other pressing things on the agenda. That is how I was able to help with his campaign.

With Darfur I try to keep it out infront of everyone's eyes. The more we push these important things the more people become aware. "ENOUGHproject" NOW they all send out newsletter up-dates. I will get off my soap box now, sorry.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 16 Feb 2013, 14:05

I love you you sweet
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 16 Feb 2013, 17:01

Mazy, never apologize for what you are passionate about. You are doing more than a very large percentage of the rest of us! Keep on keepin' on!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Sat 16 Feb 2013, 18:46

Mazy wrote:You cannot imagine some of the sights, they are truely heart breaking. I get up-dates from many different sources by email daily. Huffpost, Google, Sudan Tribune, NyTimes and others, I follow most of them on tweeter. I read the articles and tweet about them continuously day or night depending on when I decide I am going to sleep.

Not having money to finance anything that is all I can think of that might help. I don't do it for just Darfur. Finally got a yes vote for the "Violence Against Women Act". On to the next one.

President Obama has another Organization where we can help like that to get Imigration Reform & other pressing things on the agenda. That is how I was able to help with his campaign.

With Darfur I try to keep it out infront of everyone's eyes. The more we push these important things the more people become aware. "ENOUGHproject" NOW they all send out newsletter up-dates. I will get off my soap box now, sorry.

What you are doing is super - you don't just watch - better then doing nothing its This big
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sat 16 Feb 2013, 19:39

Thanks for the encouragement, but it all started because of George. Checking out the causes that he is interested in; things mushroomed from there. However, they are all ones that he would agree with, I think.

I remember hearing him say in an interview that he spends at least two hours a day checking on all his causes and Darfur, maybe even more; because that two hours is gone in nothing flat.

At least now I have COH to relax with. I also get an email everyday on George Clooney news from Google, when we don't hear anything then they miss sometimes. Zimbio also sends a email when they have gotten in new pictures, if anyone is interested.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Sat 16 Feb 2013, 19:43

If you get anything on Sudan i would be very interested. it may revive my showcase.
Thank you mazy

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 16 Feb 2013, 20:19

very vera wrote:If you get anything on Sudan i would be very interested. it may revive my showcase.
Thank you mazy

Why not use Google alerts and get information first hand ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 17 Feb 2013, 10:45

Thanks Joanna I do, I get Darfur alerts everyday from google. I get a list of the articles they have for that day. I also get them from other sources.

I just wanted you all to know that I have been using 'flash drives' for my files. Thought that would be safest, awhile back on some thread I mentioned I had accidently deleted 1831 GTC pics. Well I don't know what happened I went out when I came back I went to save a file and it told me to format my drive. About 6 months of files are gone not just Georges, they are easier to replace. This was on everything. NRA info, immigration info Darfur and so much more; copies of letters I have written to Senators, so much that I cannot replace.
At first I was going to give it all up but then when I got up I took my tea to the computer and said well let's JUST see what George is doing...

I looked at my almost 200 emails and I could not delete them. He hooked me again & has no clue.

Anyway protect your information. I am checking out external hard drives and replace what I can, I know that the reports I can replace.

Vera private message me if you want my twitter accounts

Last edited by Mazy on Wed 20 Feb 2013, 13:25; edited 1 time in total
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Sun 17 Feb 2013, 13:41

OK Vera I will put just this one link here because it is time senstive. I don't know if you are close enough to go or not, Washington, DC.
This is ENOUGHproject while there sign up for newsletter.

Like I said I don't know how much or what information that Katie wants here.

This will give you a place to start with information, good luck.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Sun 17 Feb 2013, 17:32

Mazy you renew my faith in Americans. Sometimes, I get so depressed when I see members of Congress refusing to re-authorize the Violence against Women act, or pushing us into yet another war--this time the hawks want us to go into Syria-- or ...the list goes on and on. It's easy to just do nothing And, for those not in the US, when I watch or read news items from other countries where they actually talk about the Sudan or the Middle East in terms other than terrorism and prejudice, I really wonder about my country.

But then I read something from a Mazy and I feel like it's not a waste of time to write letters, call and tweet. I regularly call the completely ineffective and worthless person who represents me in the House as well as Washington's two female senators who I like. And, I try to counter the right wing radio BS that finds it's way into our papers, but what you do Mazy is really wonderful. Maybe there's hope for us yet!
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 17 Feb 2013, 19:45

Mazy, hi! I'm a supporter of EnoughProject, and their work is fantastic. Love getting their emails, and you can support Satellite Sentinel thro them too, can't you, as well as Not on our Watch.

Have you ever read comedy writer Jane Bussman's book?. V funny but also very insightful. It's called The Worst Date Ever, and it describes how as a Brit she went to Hollywood to do some scripts, and became aware of John Prendergast, developed a crush on him, and as a result followed him to South Sudan on an assignment to learn and report back about all the terrible things that are going on out there.

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Mon 18 Feb 2013, 00:50

Oof Oof at least we won with "Violence Against Women Act." I kept a list of the 22 male Rep. Senators. I am taking 5 names at a time & tweeting about them. If you want to do anything go here,

for now that is where the Presidents' new group is. It is called "Organizing For Action."
Everything is easy and it is done altogether so that they have the numbers. They send emails when it is time to do something. Don't give up on humanity yet if it wasn't for George I wouldn't know about any of this, just have to push it at them till they notice. Laughing

as a result followed him to South Suda
Party now that is devotion & doing something. See what we do for them & they don't even know it. At the link I left for Vera it's about a two day emergency summit on Sudan, March 11. I know one of the speakers is John Prendergast. I don't know if I can get there, but I'm checking it out. I am not 100% but I think that funding for the Satellite goes through ENOUGH.
It's nice to have someone interested my family just think I'm a bit cracked in the head because I spend a minimun of 10-12 hours on the computer a day. If I wasn't doing this I'd still be on the line.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rachel Tue 19 Feb 2013, 21:33

...just found and watched this - "Sand and Sorrow" don't know if anyone of you has seen it...

WARNING there are a lot of pictures for strong nerves only...
Rachel
Rachel
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 19 Feb 2013, 22:54

Thanks, Rachel!
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by very vera Tue 19 Feb 2013, 23:55

Mazy wrote:OK Vera I will put just this one link here because it is time senstive. I don't know if you are close enough to go or not, Washington, DC.
This is ENOUGHproject while there sign up for newsletter.

Like I said I don't know how much or what information that Katie wants here.

This will give you a place to start with information, good luck.

ARRGGHH i have plans i hope there will be another one i would've love to have gone if i knew earlier.
thanks though!! i really appreciate it!!
I will keep my eyes peeled to it for other events.
Thanks Very Happy

very vera
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Feb 2013, 23:59

We should all be interested, Mazy. Some parts of Africa are starting to become (or are) very very dangerous for all those who are trying to live normal lives in an already tough environment..........anything we, or anybody, can do to help in any way will not go amiss

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Wed 20 Feb 2013, 05:48

I know Party A it is hard to know what to do that would help them.

For the most part I don't think there is too much normal over there. It is sad when you think about the fear that they live with all the time. Specially women and young girls.
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 22 Feb 2013, 15:37

Warning: Disturbing images

There is a very short video here about Darfur;

I don't know how to up-load these. gotpics

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 22 Feb 2013, 17:07

they cut some shots of an interview

I think: legitimate, despite the good intention?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2013, 19:35

Today President al-Bashir of Sudan, who is, and has been for some time, wanted by the International Criminal Court for atrocities in Dafur, has travelled to Chad.

Wouldn't it be great if he was arrested there, and taken to The Hague to stand trial? And if that doesn't happen, why is that???

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 18 Mar 2013, 20:09

he already went out
nothing happened
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2013, 20:21

Oh dear. So has he left now - thought this was a conference which started today.

I have no idea how the ICC works, but it appears to me that whatever the process is, it's incredibly slow in getting to the guys who apparently murder many, many of their own countrymen.....utterly exasperating

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Tue 19 Mar 2013, 20:51

The ICC has had a warrant for alBashir arrest for over two years now. Everyone has been calling for his arrest. I think it might be that the Chadians had to arrest him and then turn him over to the ICC, which they won’t do. I think mostly out of fear of reprisal, not too sure.
Zen
Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 19 Mar 2013, 21:24

That really doesn't surprise me, Mazy - in fact some of those in power in Chad could well be allies of his.

But I would really really like to know the ICC's process in all of this, and how an arrest comes about.

I may have my facts wrong, but my understanding is that only one person has been brought to justice and tried in the history of the ICC since its inception roughly ten years ago.

I think that they have some explaining to do - we just never to seem to hear how far they get with each case, why the huge time lapse etc etc. It would be nice to think that they too have some levels of accountability to the rest of us, and to those trying to bring some peace to the world.

Sorry to go on a bit

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by OofOof Tue 19 Mar 2013, 23:35

The ICC, like the UN, has very little power unfortunately. There are so many loopholes and outs for signing countries it's worth very little sadly. Is Chad a member of the ICC? As a former French colony, I would think they would be but if not, they won't arrest him. Like Mazy said, the people in power in Chad are most likely allies of his. The only way he will find justice is on the end of a gun shot probably by one of his own henchmen.
OofOof
OofOof
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down