George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
besides George Clooney, actors that you like... EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

besides George Clooney, actors that you like...

+10
pattygirl
Michelle meyers
melbert
Merlin
Katiedot
Vi
Joanna
silly girl
watching
macs
14 posters

Go down

besides George Clooney, actors that you like... Empty besides George Clooney, actors that you like...

Post by macs Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:26

did not find a similar thread, is it ok if I open one ?
well it's just me being curious but I was wandering, besides of George Clooney, do you follow/like any other actors ? let's do some movie musing... can be anybody, whether you have a crush on him - or you think he's highly talented etc.
you don't have to answer if it's too personal, LOL...
for my part, always loved Dustin Hoffman, Daniel Day Lewis, Nani Moretti, small crush on Hugh Laurie - as a teenager used to have a crush on Bruce Willis, Mel Gibson (that was before his bad breakdowns of course), Kenneth Branagh
(oh since I'm french I can also think of a few over here, Jean Pierre Bacri, Lambert Wilson...)
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

besides George Clooney, actors that you like... Empty Re: besides George Clooney, actors that you like...

Post by watching Sat 18 Feb 2012, 12:33

Nathan Fillion - I just adore him. I will watch him in anything and his twitter and interviews make me laugh.

Google Earth pose!
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

besides George Clooney, actors that you like... Empty Re: besides George Clooney, actors that you like...

Post by silly girl Sat 18 Feb 2012, 13:00

I love Nathan Fillion....I was a big Firefly fan. I love Colin Firth and Hugh Jackman too...

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 13:03

Good Idea macs.
I like Robert Downey Jr and Colin Firth and have most
of their films on DVD.
Years ago I had a strong feeling for Dirk Bogarde, in his older years, and saw all of his films from The Servant onwards. Providence & Death in Venice are my particular favourites. I also own all of his books. He's a great writer.
As a teenager my first real passion was Mario Lanza !
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 13:03

only actors who are still alive ? phew

ok - I like Dustin Hoffmann, Robert Redford, John Cleese, Bill Cosby !, Gerad Depardieu, Sean Connery

but when I was younger (teenager) I adored:

Lino Ventura, Jean Gabin, Yves Montand, Alec Guiness, Heinrich George (father of Götz George), Jack Lemmon, Walter Matthau

and Orson Wells and Marlon Brando - even if they were crazy
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 13:05

and I forgot CARY GRANT <3<3<3
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by macs Sat 18 Feb 2012, 13:55

Vi, of course not, can be anybody. Good list by the way, i really like this peope too Thumbs up!
Colin Firth is so growing on me ; )
I see Nathan Fillon is popular. I admit I haven't seen much of him, but now I'm curious, i'll check him out
macs
macs
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 14:01

I've watched only 'Actually Love' with Colin Firth,
but someday I will watch 'The King's Speech'

I'm honest: I don't know Nathan Fillon - I have to google him

and I really have to google this Dujardin - sorry

better before the O's ? Smile
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 18 Feb 2012, 14:20

Nice thread, Macs.

Hmmm, there's no actor that I really 'follow' the same way I follow George (just not enough hours in the day) but there are actors whose films I will always go and see just because they're in them and they seem to pick good films such as Leo DiCaprio and Brad Pitt.

I also have a soft spot for Johnny Depp.

When I was very young I had a crush on Matt Dillon.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:16

When I was younger Henry Darrow, Pete Duel, Cary Grant, Tom Conti...now Rufus Sewell, Neil Pearson and Joshua Jackson, sometimes Clive Owen...I only like Colin Firth as Mr Darcy in P&P.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:44

There are other actors out there, other than George? OMFE! I had NO idea.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:48

oopsie It happens lol! melbert.
What's OMFE please ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 18 Feb 2012, 17:59

It started out some time ago as OMG, Oh My God(Gosh). We used to say OMP for Oh My Piero, but since she's gone, I use OME for Oh My Einstein. When you have to emphasize something, you have to add the "F" for f*cking. Hence, OMFE - Oh My F*cking Einstein.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Vi Sat 18 Feb 2012, 18:03

it's better to go to bed

TTFN
Vi
Vi
Clooney-phile

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:11

Sorry George but i do like Brad pitt,

Johnny Depp
Stanley Tucci
bruce Willis - cute
denzel washington- handsome
terry o'quinn
samuel jackson
Will Smith - whoooo hold me back but, george is obviously cuter
Eddie Murphy - cute

the ones i think are cute are not all of them but i like them for their qualities and acting skill.

Last edited by Michelle meyers on Sun 19 Feb 2012, 06:01; edited 1 time in total
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:25

Matt Dillon
Brad Pitt
Colin Firth
Gary Oldman
Of those no longer with us
Cary Grant
John Wayne
Acting is key for me, not looks. Very Happy
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Sat 18 Feb 2012, 19:34

OMFE...thanks mel !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 19 Feb 2012, 01:11

Nathan Fillion is getting a just a little pudgy for my taste...

But let me tell you -- if I could get in a room with Hugh Jackman for just a couple of hours or a couple of days! Yummo!

Yea, yea I know he's married in THIS universe, but we're talking like in that alternate Star Trek universe kinda way. You know where they look the same but their life situations are totally different.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Sun 19 Feb 2012, 02:55

Besides G, I like

Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond Hume on LOST)
Ray Romano
Charles Shaunnessey
Josh Holloway
Terry O'Quinn

When I was younger, I liked

Scott Baio
Parker Stevenson
Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs (Freddy "Boom-Boom" Washington on "Welcome Back, Kotter")

I can always add on to my "male harem"
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 19 Feb 2012, 03:10

When i was younger i liked prince, Shaun cassidy and parker stevenson
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Sun 19 Feb 2012, 03:18

LornaDoone wrote:Nathan Fillion is getting a just a little pudgy for my taste...

But let me tell you -- if I could get in a room with Hugh Jackman for just a couple of hours or a couple of days! Yummo!

Yea, yea I know he's married in THIS universe, but we're talking like in that alternate Star Trek universe kinda way. You know where they look the same but their life situations are totally different.

That's how I feel about Will Smith, he's married but... although if I were in a room with both Will and George ( in that parallel world) there would be no contest, I like that salt and peppa baby

I tend to gravitate to brown eyes

Oh and for some reason, George had me at the word Shark from One Fine Day... probably because i liked sharks before he came along and hearing him...... oh oops we are supposed to be talking other actors hidingbehindsofa
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:07

LornaDoone wrote:Nathan Fillion is getting a just a little pudgy for my taste...

I tell myself that he was just being a method actor as he incorporated the weight gain into the new season of Castle when his character was pinning for the female lead when she didn't speak to him for three months so the character let himself go a bit. He is losing the weight now. And he makes me laugh so that trumps any weight gain or physical change (other than a large prominent tattoo).

For anyone who isn't aware of who he is, watch his interviews and check out his twitter in conjunction with his actual acting work (Castle, Firefly, Dr Horrible sing-along, Serenity, Waitress, etc). He appears to be a solidly decent and nice human being who is funny and just a bit geeky. Although having followed G for some long, I have learnt it may just be carefully created public image but there is no reason yet not to believe it.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 05:29

I love the new OMFE. Will use that one.

Old Actors

Gregory Peck
Cary Grant
Spencer Tracy
Rock Hudson (I know he was gay but him and Doris made such a lovely couple)

Brad Pitt
Johnny Depp
Ryan Gosling
Sean Penn
Nick Cage (old Nick before he became a sellout)

Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by LyndaGirl Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:07

I love old movies so I'm a fan of Clark Gable, Cary Grant, Jimmy Stewart, James Dean, Paul Newman.
Growing up I liked Shaun Cassidy, Scott Baio.
Currently, I'm a fan of Daniel-Day Lewis, Colin Firth, Nathan Fillion. And Tom Selleck still makes my heart beat a little faster. Lol. I love you
LyndaGirl
LyndaGirl
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sun 19 Feb 2012, 10:22

I love Jimmy Stewart and Bud Tingwell (aussie actor) always had a thing for Danial Day-Lewis he doesn't work as much these days. Loved My Beautiful Laundrette and Age of Innocence.

Growing up who didn't love Scott Baio and I had a big thing for John Schneider (Bo Duke) and Christopher Atkins. Loved McGarrett in Hawaii Five O and James Garner in the Rockford Files. Got into music and was into Adam Ant and then Prince....I guess I liked guys who wore a little makeup! Both of who acted one better then the other...
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down