George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards

+7
Dexterdidit
Duffy
Katiedot
Pari
it's me
Joanna
laetval
11 posters

Go down

The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards Empty Re: The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards

Post by laetval Thu 05 Jan 2012, 19:30

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney’s ‘Descendants’ earns Writers Guild nod

LOS ANGELES, CALIF. — George Clooney’s The Descendants, Brad Pitt’s Moneyball, Kristen Wiig’s Bridesmaids and Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris are among nominees for the Writers Guild of America Awards.

The Descendants earned an adapted-screenplay nomination Thursday for director Alexander Payne and co-writers Nat Faxon and Jim Rash. Moneyball is up for the same prize for writers Steven Zaillian and Aaron Sorkin.

Bridesmaids star Wiig shared an original-screenplay nomination for co-writing her wedding comedy with Annie Mumolo. Director Allen also was nominated for original screenplay for Midnight in Paris.

Other contenders for original screenplay: the cancer story 50/50; the family tale Win Win; and the dark comedy Young Adult.

Also nominated for adapted screenplay: the thriller The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo; the Deep South drama The Help; and the Paris adventure Hugo.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards Empty Re: The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards

Post by Joanna Thu 05 Jan 2012, 21:36

Thanks I M for clips. Can't wait to see it !!!!
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 06 Jan 2012, 01:10

another trip to Toronto?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards Empty The Descendants nominatedfor Writers' Guild awards

Post by Pari Fri 06 Jan 2012, 07:22

WOWWIEEEE la Very Happy All CONGRATULATIONS in advance George!!! Very Happy YAY!!! cheers
Pari
Pari
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 06 Jan 2012, 09:29

I just moved these posts to a new thread. Does anyone have details where/when the awards are?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duffy Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:17

According to the BBC, they'll be presented on Feb. 19th. Not sure where, but last year they announced winners at simultaneous ceremonies in New York and LA.

Duffy
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:32

New York and LA

so, tell me please, why the Toronto site?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 06 Jan 2012, 23:39

I thought he would look a little more relaxed after such a long holiday. I guess it's more work for him then relaxation. And of course he may off even left early to do some work I wouldn't put it past him we rarely saw him. Looks like he will need some more sleep with all these awards coming up.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sat 07 Jan 2012, 00:36

Maybe one of SK's cleansings will help.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 07 Jan 2012, 04:05

it's me wrote:New York and LA

so, tell me please, why the Toronto site?
You mean the fact that the story posted was from a Canadian site? That's because news gets reported internationally. Just because it's a US award doesn't mean only US publications are allowed to talk about it.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 07 Jan 2012, 10:31

oh, thank you very much K
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 20 Feb 2012, 07:14

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney's 'Descendants' Wins at Writer's Guild, Diablo Cody Doesn't
Many Studio City residents did well Sunday night at the Writers Guild Awards.

Studio City's Diablo Cody didn't win a screenwriting award Sunday night, but the Writers Guild honored other locals involved in George Clooney's "Descendants"and TV's "Modern Family."

Decorated screenwriter Woody Allen added another prize to his long resume of success tonight, winning best Original Screenplay for his fantasy/drama "Midnight in Paris" at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards.

It was the fifth time the Writers Guild of America has bestowed the honor on Allen, who received his 19th WGA nomination this year. He previously won for "Annie Hall," "Hannah and Her Sisters," "Broadway Danny Rose" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Picking up best Adapted Screenplay was Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash for "The Descendants," based on the novel Kaui Hart Hemmings. Payne won a WGA Award in 2000 for "Election."

Winner of the Drama Series category was "Breaking Bad," written by Sam Catlin, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchinson, George Mastras Thomas Schnauz and Moira Walley-Beckett.

The WGA Awards were presented in simultaneous ceremonies at the Hollywood Palladium and in New York. Zooey Deschanel and Joel McHale hosted the Hollywood event.

Here is a complete list of winners:

MOTION PICTURES ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

-- "Midnight in Paris," Written by Woody Allen ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

-- "The Descendants," Screenplay by Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon & Jim Rash; Based on the novel by Kaui Hart Hemming

DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY

-- "Better This World," Written by Katie Galloway & Kelly Duane de la Vega

TELEVISION WINNERS DRAMA SERIES

-- "Breaking Bad," Written by Sam Catlin, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchison, George Mastras, Thomas Schnauz, Moira Walley-Beckett; AMC

COMEDY SERIES

-- "Modern Family," Written by Paul Corrigan, Abraham Higginbotham, Ben Karlin, Elaine Ko, Carol Leifer, Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd, Dan O'Shannon, Jeffrey Richman, Brad Walsh, Ilana Wernick, Bill Wrubel, Danny Zuker; ABC

NEW SERIES

-- "Homeland," Written by Henry Bromell, Alexander Cary, Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, Chip Johannessen, Gideon Raff, Meredith Stiehm; Showtime

EPISODIC DRAMA (TIE)

-- "Box Cutter (Breaking Bad)", Written by Vince Gilligan; AMC

-- "The Good Soldier (Homeland)," Written by Henry Bromell; Showtime

EPISODIC COMEDY

-- "Caught in the Act (Modern Family)," Written by Steven Levitan & Jeffrey Richman; ABC LONG FORM - ORIGINAL

-- "Cinema Verite," Written by David Seltzer; HBO

LONG FORM - ADAPTED

-- "Too Big to Fail," Written by Peter Gould, Based on the book written by Andrew Ross Sorkin; HBO

ANIMATION

-- "Homer the Father (The Simpsons)," Written by Joel H. Cohen; Fox

COMEDY / VARIETY - (INCLUDING TALK) SERIES

-- "The Colbert Report," Writers: Michael Brumm, Stephen Colbert, Rich Dahm, Paul Dinello, Eric Drysdale, Rob Dubbin, Glenn Eichler, Dan Guterman, Peter Gwinn, Jay Katsir, Barry Julien, Frank Lesser, Opus Moreschi, Tom Purcell, Meredith Scardino, Scott Sherman, Max Werner; Comedy Central

COMEDY / VARIETY - MUSIC, AWARDS, TRIBUTES - SPECIALS

-- "After the Academy Awards," Head Writers: Gary Greenberg, Molly McNearney; Writers: Tony Barbieri, Jonathan Bines, John N. Huss, Sal Iacono, Eric Immerman, Jimmy Kimmel, Jonathan Kimmel, Jacob Lentz, Danny Ricker, Richard G. Rosner;

ABC DAYTIME DRAMA

-- "General Hospital," Written by Meg Bennett, Nathan Fissell, David Goldschmid, Robert Guza Jr., Karen Harris, Elizabeth Korte, Mary Sue Price, Michele Val Jean, Susan Wald, Tracey Thomson; ABC CHILDREN'S - EPISODIC & SPECIALS

-- "Hero of the Shadows (Supah Ninjas)," Written by Leo Chu, Eric S. Garcia; Nickelodeon

DOCUMENTARY - CURRENT EVENTS

-- "Top Secret America (Frontline)," Written by Michael Kirk, Mike Wiser; PBS

DOCUMENTARY - OTHER THAN CURRENT EVENTS

-- "Wiki Secrets (Frontline)," Written by Marcela Gaviria & Martin Smith; PBS NEWS -

REGULARLY SCHEDULED, BULLETIN, OR BREAKING REPORT

-- "An American Tragedy in Joplin (ABC World News with Diane Sawyer)," Written by Lisa Ferri, Julia Kathan; ABC

-- "Educating Sergeant Pantzke (Frontline)," Written by John Maggio, Martin Smith; PBS NEWS -

ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY

-- "Doctor Hot Spot (Frontline)," Written by Thomas Jennings; PBS

RADIO WINNERS DOCUMENTARY

OOD (CNS) - Decorated screenwriter Woody Allen added another prize to his long resume of success tonight, winning best Original Screenplay for his fantasy/drama "Midnight in Paris" at the 2012 Writers Guild Awards.

It was the fifth time the Writers Guild of America has bestowed the honor on Allen, who received his 19th WGA nomination this year. He previously won for "Annie Hall," "Hannah and Her Sisters," "Broadway Danny Rose" and "Crimes and Misdemeanors."

Picking up best Adapted Screenplay was Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash for "The Descendants," based on the novel Kaui Hart Hemmings. Payne won a WGA Award in 2000 for "Election."

Winner of the Drama Series category was "Breaking Bad," written by Sam Catlin, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchinson, George Mastras Thomas Schnauz and Moira Walley-Beckett.

The WGA Awards were presented in simultaneous ceremonies at the Hollywood Palladium and in New York. Zooey Deschanel and Joel McHale hosted the Hollywood event.

Here is a complete list of winners:

MOTION PICTURES ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY

-- "Midnight in Paris," Written by Woody Allen ADAPTED SCREENPLAY

-- "The Descendants," Screenplay by Alexander Payne and Nat Faxon & Jim Rash; Based on the novel by Kaui Hart Hemming DOCUMENTARY SCREENPLAY

-- "Better This World," Written by Katie Galloway & Kelly Duane de la Vega

TELEVISION WINNERS DRAMA SERIES

-- "Breaking Bad," Written by Sam Catlin, Vince Gilligan, Peter Gould, Gennifer Hutchison, George Mastras, Thomas Schnauz, Moira Walley-Beckett; AMC COMEDY SERIES

-- "Modern Family," Written by Paul Corrigan, Abraham Higginbotham, Ben Karlin, Elaine Ko, Carol Leifer, Steven Levitan, Christopher Lloyd, Dan O'Shannon, Jeffrey Richman, Brad Walsh, Ilana Wernick, Bill Wrubel, Danny Zuker; ABC NEW SERIES

-- "Homeland," Written by Henry Bromell, Alexander Cary, Alex Gansa, Howard Gordon, Chip Johannessen, Gideon Raff, Meredith Stiehm; Showtime EPISODIC DRAMA (TIE)

-- "Box Cutter (Breaking Bad)", Written by Vince Gilligan; AMC

-- "The Good Soldier (Homeland)," Written by Henry Bromell; Showtime EPISODIC COMEDY

-- "Caught in the Act (Modern Family)," Written by Steven Levitan & Jeffrey Richman; ABC LONG FORM - ORIGINAL

-- "Cinema Verite," Written by David Seltzer; HBO LONG FORM - ADAPTED

-- "Too Big to Fail," Written by Peter Gould, Based on the book written by Andrew Ross Sorkin; HBO ANIMATION

-- "Homer the Father (The Simpsons)," Written by Joel H. Cohen; Fox COMEDY / VARIETY - (INCLUDING TALK) SERIES

-- "The Colbert Report," Writers: Michael Brumm, Stephen Colbert, Rich Dahm, Paul Dinello, Eric Drysdale, Rob Dubbin, Glenn Eichler, Dan Guterman, Peter Gwinn, Jay Katsir, Barry Julien, Frank Lesser, Opus Moreschi, Tom Purcell, Meredith Scardino, Scott Sherman, Max Werner; Comedy Central COMEDY / VARIETY - MUSIC, AWARDS, TRIBUTES - SPECIALS

-- "After the Academy Awards," Head Writers: Gary Greenberg, Molly McNearney; Writers: Tony Barbieri, Jonathan Bines, John N. Huss, Sal Iacono, Eric Immerman, Jimmy Kimmel, Jonathan Kimmel, Jacob Lentz, Danny Ricker, Richard G. Rosner; ABC DAYTIME DRAMA

-- "General Hospital," Written by Meg Bennett, Nathan Fissell, David Goldschmid, Robert Guza Jr., Karen Harris, Elizabeth Korte, Mary Sue Price, Michele Val Jean, Susan Wald, Tracey Thomson; ABC CHILDREN'S - EPISODIC & SPECIALS

-- "Hero of the Shadows (Supah Ninjas)," Written by Leo Chu, Eric S. Garcia; Nickelodeon DOCUMENTARY - CURRENT EVENTS

-- "Top Secret America (Frontline)," Written by Michael Kirk, Mike Wiser; PBS DOCUMENTARY - OTHER THAN CURRENT EVENTS

-- "Wiki Secrets (Frontline)," Written by Marcela Gaviria & Martin Smith; PBS NEWS - REGULARLY SCHEDULED, BULLETIN, OR BREAKING REPORT

-- "An American Tragedy in Joplin (ABC World News with Diane Sawyer)," Written by Lisa Ferri, Julia Kathan; ABC

-- "Educating Sergeant Pantzke (Frontline)," Written by John Maggio, Martin Smith; PBS NEWS - ANALYSIS, FEATURE, OR COMMENTARY

-- "Doctor Hot Spot (Frontline)," Written by Thomas Jennings; PBS

RADIO WINNERS DOCUMENTARY

-- "2010 Year in Review," Written by Gail Lee; CBS Radio News NEWS - REGULARLY SCHEDULED OR BREAKING REPORT

-- "Portraits of a Terrorist: Who is Osama Bin Laden?," Written by Gail Lee; CBS Radio News NEWS - ANALYSIS, FEATURE OR COMMENTARY

-- "Justice in a Time of Terror," Written by Andrew Cohen & Rob Mank; CBS Radio News PROMOTIONAL WRITING AND GRAPHIC ANIMATION WINNERS ON-AIR PROMOTION (RADIO OR TELEVISION)

-- "Fairytale (Today Show)," Written by Carol M. Sullivan; NBC News TELEVISION GRAPHIC ANIMATION

-- "CBS News Animations (CBS News)," Graphic Animation by David Rosen; CBS News

NEW MEDIA WRITING WINNERS OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING ORIGINAL NEW MEDIA

-- "Aim High," Written by Heath Corson & Richie Keen OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING DERIVATIVE NEW MEDIA

-- "The Walking Dead," Teleplay by John Esposito, Story by John Esposito and Greg Nicotero

- "Portraits of a Terrorist: Who is Osama Bin Laden?," Written by Gail Lee; CBS Radio News NEWS - ANALYSIS, FEATURE OR COMMENTARY

-- "Justice in a Time of Terror," Written by Andrew Cohen & Rob Mank; CBS Radio News PROMOTIONAL WRITING AND GRAPHIC ANIMATION WINNERS ON-AIR PROMOTION (RADIO OR TELEVISION)

-- "Fairytale (Today Show)," Written by Carol M. Sullivan; NBC News TELEVISION GRAPHIC ANIMATION

-- "CBS News Animations (CBS News)," Graphic Animation by David Rosen; CBS News

NEW MEDIA WRITING WINNERS OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING ORIGINAL NEW MEDIA

-- "Aim High," Written by Heath Corson & Richie Keen OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT IN WRITING DERIVATIVE NEW MEDIA

-- "The Walking Dead," Teleplay by John Esposito, Story by John Esposito and Greg Nicotero
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Feb 2012, 09:09

bravi!
another one!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Mon 20 Feb 2012, 17:17

Oh WOW The Descendants!!! Congratulations!!! cheers
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by Michelle meyers Mon 20 Feb 2012, 17:20

Whoo Hoo!! Descendants Give Flowers2
Michelle meyers
Michelle meyers
Drinking George Clooney under the table

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Mon 20 Feb 2012, 18:34

I thought IOM was a pretty good adaptation too. Still don't think it got the credit it deserved.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 20 Feb 2012, 22:08

Congrats Give Flowers
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:14

No I don't think Ides got as much attention as it deserved. But then that is a political movie and some don't like that.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 20 Feb 2012, 23:38

the film is #4
in Italy
in its first weekend Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Tue 21 Feb 2012, 00:11

Coolio
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down