George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George in Tuscany
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyYesterday at 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995

+5
melbert
Maggy
Katiedot
it's me
watching
9 posters

Go down

Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 Empty Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995

Post by watching Tue 03 Jan 2012, 09:36

Not sure if this will work outside of Australia but if you want to try, below is a link to the episode of George hosting Saturday Night Live back in the day.

Link to video - then scroll down on the right hand side until you see George.

Saturday Night Live - Greatest Hits from 1975 - 2000

George Clooney, 1995

Oscar winning actor George Clooney hosts, back when he was just plain old TV star George Clooney.
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 Empty Re: Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:00

no!
searched for and.... nothing.... Sad
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995 Empty Re: Blast from the past - George hosting SNL in 1995

Post by Katiedot Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:22

Try this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's not available in my location so can't see it here.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:27

same link

no way!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Tue 03 Jan 2012, 10:54

Link doesn't work.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 11:36

No
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 03 Jan 2012, 14:37

Australia no like me too!! BooHoo!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 14:39

me neither... Tears of frustration
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Tue 03 Jan 2012, 14:43

Would have been fun to see but just wasn't meant to be. Oh my, oh me!
Thanks for trying.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Tue 03 Jan 2012, 15:01

ah... wthell....

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 24 Mar 2012, 21:56

Part of the script from that programme...

George Clooney's Monologue

.....George Clooney
Audience Member.....Tom Davis
Amy the Nurse.....Molly Shannon

George Clooney: Thank you! Wow! I'll tell you, it's a pleasure to be here tonight, as host of this show. Now, I have -- [ audience won't stop cheering, especially a pair of excited women ] Thank you. That's my mother!

I've done a, uh, a number of different things as an actor.. but, obviously, I'm here tonight because of the show I do - "E.R." [ audience cheers ] The wonderful thing about doing "E.R." is that we've all been able to learn so much about medicine. We have actual doctors and nurses on the set, and we've gotten to visit real emergency rooms, and we've picked up some real medical training. I mean, if, God forbid, for some reason "E.R." should go off the air --

Audience Member: Mr. Clooney? Uh, my wife and I are huge fans of your show.

George Clooney: Oh. Thank you.

Audience Member: And, uh.. we're in New York now, because I'm going to get a liver transplant operation. And, uh, I'd be really honoroed if you'd perform it.

George Clooney: [ laughs ] Well, I don't think that's such a good idea!

Audience Member: Oh, come on!

[ the audience cheers Clooney on ]

George Clooney: I mean, I really shouldn't do this, but, uh.. alright, sir - when was the last time you had a meal?

Audience Member: Ohhh.. it was at least six hours ago..

George Clooney: [ walks down to the audience member ] Okay. Well, uh.. [ looks offscreen ] Amy!

[ Amy the Nurse runs down, carrying a medical bag ]

Amy the Nurse: Yes.

George Clooney: This is my assistant Amy.

Amy the Nurse: Hi!

George Clooney: Amy, we're going to do a liver transplant.

Amy the Nurse: Okay.

George Clooney: Okay. Scalpel.

Amy the Nurse: [ hands Clooney the scalpel ] Scalpel.

George Clooney: Alright, what's your name?

Audience Member: Uh.. Bob Plate.

George Clooney: Bob. Okay. Bob, you might feel a slight little prick.

Audience Member: I know --

[ as Clooney leans over the audience member to perform the surgery, blood begins to squirt from the audience member's chest ]

Audience Member: Oh!

George Clooney: Actually, a lot of fun for me. Forceps.

Amy the Nurse: Forceps.

[ Amy hands over the forceps ]

George Clooney: You see, on the show I play a pediatrician.. so I don't have to tell you -- clamps.

Amy the Nurse: Clamps.

[ Amy hands over the clamps ]

George Clooney: -- pediatricians don't get to do too many transplants.

Audience Member: [ with blood squirting ] Oh! There he is!

George Clooney: Alright, Bob. This liver is as hard as a rock! There we go! There we go!

[ Clooney raises the bloody liver high in the air, as Amy grabs it and stuffs it into her medical bag ]

Amy the Nurse: Oh, my.. oh..

George Clooney: Now, Bob, I probably should have thought if this earlier, but, uh.. you don't happen to have the new liver on you, by any chance, do you?

Audience Member: Geez! It's back at the hotel, in the mini-bar! I guess we should send someone out, or something..

George Clooney: I'll tell you something, Amy, you would be such a lifesaver, if you told me that you still have that extra liver in your bag.

Amy the Nurse: Actually, you know, I believe that I do. [ removes the liver from her bag ]

George Clooney: Ho!

Amy the Nurse: [ pulls some papers from her bag ] Oh, oh, oh - and, by the way, here are your tickets for Phantom, and your phone messages.

George Clooney: Okay. Hang on.

[ Amy exits stage, as Clooney begins to "sew up" the audience member's chest ]

George Clooney: Amy used to work with Tom Arnold. I'm very lucky to have her.

Audience Member: Oh! She is good!

George Clooney: Ooh, yeah! Okay. Hang on.. There!

Audience Member: Wha..?

George Clooney: [ finished ] There you go, Bob. I think you're going to be fine. We might have to keep you here in the studio overnight - for some observation - but, u,h everything looks good!

Audience Member: You were terrific! Thank you!

[ Clooney runs back to Home Base ]

George Clooney: Alright! Well! We have a great show for you. The Cranberries are here! [ audience goes nuts with excitement ] Yeah! So stick around, we'll be right back!
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 25 Mar 2012, 00:05

Thanks Merlin! I relived it in my head as I was reading it!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Astras Sun 25 Mar 2012, 04:12

Thank you for the transcript Merlin! Try this link everyone:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy
Astras
Astras
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sun 25 Mar 2012, 07:15

Thank You Watching, Merlin, and Astras, never saw this one those were the days of great basketball thighs.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 25 Mar 2012, 16:56

Love. It.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 13:23

This is a funny sketch. Note: that this sketch is fairly accurate with regard to "blood loss" issues with a liver transplant. Liver transplants can be very messy and very bloody.

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 15 Jun 2012, 13:30

sure

and why are you telling that
now?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jun 2012, 19:17

it's me wrote:sure

and why are you telling that
now?

Because I felt like commenting....because I have been involved in surgeries requiring
liver transplants. That sketch is laced with irony, especially for people who work in the surgerical professions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down