George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyYesterday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks?

+9
Pari
pattygirl
it's me
ladydi
NotAvailable
Katiedot
davidarochelle
lovelylois
sisieq
13 posters

Go down

George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? Empty George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks?

Post by sisieq Sat 24 Dec 2011, 01:29

Putting here since its gossip -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Mr. Studio City Blog
By Mike Szymanski

Two single 50-plus bromancers Simon Cowell and George Clooney are planning on spending some holiday cheer together in Studio City.

According to gossip reports, George invited Simon over to his Studio City home for some vodka cocktails to celebrate Christmas together this weekend.

Last edited by Katiedot on Mon 26 Dec 2011, 15:55; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Updated title)

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? Empty Re: George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks?

Post by lovelylois Sat 24 Dec 2011, 01:44

sisieq wrote:Putting here since its gossip -

Mr. Studio City Blog
By Mike Szymanski

Two single 50-plus bromancers Simon Cowell and George Clooney are planning on spending some holiday cheer together in Studio City.

According to gossip reports, George invited Simon over to his Studio City home for some vodka cocktails to celebrate Christmas together this weekend.
Excuse the rough language, but how do they hell do these two guys even know each other. Why would he invite Simon Cowell. It seems like it is a slow news gossip day and someone had to invent something. The big news today is that Mel Gibson is finally divorced. He is probably entertaining Stacy's parents through the weekend. After that, who knows.

lovelylois
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks? Empty Re: George home for Christmas? Meeting Simon Cowell for drinks?

Post by davidarochelle Sat 24 Dec 2011, 02:02

Thursday, 15 December 2011
George Clooney and Simon Cowell - the new Hollywood bromance!

Man love is in the air!
George Clooney and Simon Cowell are the latest Hollywood A-listers to form a bromance

George Clooney, 50, has invited Simon Cowell, 52, to his Studio City mansion for vodka cocktails.

So what do the permatanned multi-millionaires have in common apart from being famous, rich and over 50? Quite a lot.

They stay friends with their exes
George is still mates 
with Lisa Snowdon, while Simon takes Sinitta and Jackie St Clair everywhere.

They're bachelors
George vowed to ‘never marry' after his marriage to Talia Balsam ended in 1993; Simon's ‘not sure' if he's engaged to Mezhgan Hussainy.

They both love engines
While Simon owns a whole fleet of luxury cars, George is often seen straddling a Harley.

davidarochelle
davidarochelle
Super clooney-astic fantastic

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sat 24 Dec 2011, 02:20

davidarochelle wrote:Thursday, 15 December 2011
George Clooney and Simon Cowell - the new Hollywood bromance!

Man love is in the air!
George Clooney and Simon Cowell are the latest Hollywood A-listers to form a bromance

George Clooney, 50, has invited Simon Cowell, 52, to his Studio City mansion for vodka cocktails.

So what do the permatanned multi-millionaires have in common apart from being famous, rich and over 50? Quite a lot.

They stay friends with their exes
George is still mates 
with Lisa Snowdon, while Simon takes Sinitta and Jackie St Clair everywhere.

They're bachelors
George vowed to ‘never marry' after his marriage to Talia Balsam ended in 1993; Simon's ‘not sure' if he's engaged to Mezhgan Hussainy.

They both love engines
While Simon owns a whole fleet of luxury cars, George is often seen straddling a Harley.

this is the website Davida got this article from

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 24 Dec 2011, 02:39

Lovelylois,
Thanks so much for your help with my posting. Also saw a similar story in other paps. Online there are references to a connection and comparison of lifestyles between G & Cowell for the last few years.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 24 Dec 2011, 04:39

I've come to the conclusion that George just knows everybody. Who'd have thought he was mates with Kid Rock of all people?

No idea if this story is in any way true or why the tabloids would know abut it, but there you go.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 24 Dec 2011, 05:11

More gossip here also. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by ladydi Sat 24 Dec 2011, 08:26

Translation:
GEORGE CLOONEY / Stacy Keibler - There is already an air of crisis between George Clooney and his Stacy Keibler? The word has spread from when the news was announced that the two separate celebrate Christmas. The news was also reported from the site of Novella 2000. The basis for this decision appears there is a desire to protect his freedom of the actor.

But the pair seemed to have already reached a certain understanding so that George Clooney had made his parents to Stacy. But apparently the proverbs are never wrong: the Leopards but not vice. Even the relationship ennessima actor may already come to an end.

George is intended to be an eternal Peter Pan. Or maybe his ideal woman in the world is yet to come!

ladydi
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 24 Dec 2011, 08:52

Also the Title is translated. :
George Clooney e Stacy Keibler trascorrerano il Natale da separati. C'è già crisi tra i due?
George Clooney and Stacy Keibler trascorrerano Christmas from separated. There is already a crisis between the two? (Translated by Bing)
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Sat 24 Dec 2011, 08:56

Babylon translator :

GEORGE CLOONEY/STACY KEIBLER - There is already air crisis between George Clooney and his Stacy Keibler? The voice has spread from when it was made known to the news that the two will celebrate Christmas to separate.
The news has also been reported from the site of News in 2000. The basis for this decision there seems to be the desire of the actor to protect its freedom. ** Yet the couple seemed to have already reached a degree of understanding so that George Clooney had presented his parents to Stacy.
But apparently the proverbs not wrong never: leopards but not the defect. Also the winery demonstrates its mastery once report of the actor could be already come to capolinea. ** George is intended to be a lord Peter Pan. OR perhaps his ideal woman is yet to come to the world!
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 09:12

... scratch
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sat 24 Dec 2011, 14:53

Never thought of George of a lord Peter Pan. Good description.
He won't grow up, doesn't want to go to school. lol!
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 15:47

HAHAHAHA!!!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 24 Dec 2011, 17:39

Thanks for the translation, but this still is not clear to me. Is G a leopard, or just a wild cat that doesn't like being caged? What proverb are they referring to Does this mean that they have reached an understanding to have a very open relationship, and to do their own thing whenever? Meaning that they are still together, but will just spend Christmas with with own friends and family? Or is G just being very polite as always, and saying he wants "distance" from SK? Just curious as always.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Pari Sat 24 Dec 2011, 17:49

I think Pattygirl got it right Davida Smile He won't grow up and won't go to school... Besides, his "ideal woman is yet to come into the world" they say!! So that will mean, she is yet to be born... THAT will make THE RIGHT age equation then of the getting together of two little babies hahahhahha OUCH HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA... this is so funny!!!! Very Happy (Pattygirl, just teasing my dear... no offense meant at all hugs Hug1 )

I better run... before I lose the other eye and get another lump on my head HAHAHAHHAHAA Very Happy
Pari
Pari

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 24 Dec 2011, 18:08

When I read the article above, I thought it referred to George and Simon having drinks last weekend, if it really happened. I don't think he left Cabo to come home and have drinks with Simon.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:22

davida
it's about big cats
and their spots

it's like
"the leopard does not change his spots."
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:26

It's me,
Thank you for your explanation. Can anyone make sense out of the rest of the article? Are G & SK still together? Is it "just a tif?" Or a temporary parting?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 24 Dec 2011, 22:29

all bull*
good for filling pages

sadly
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by lovelylois Sun 25 Dec 2011, 04:26

Here is a link to Popsugar that shows Simon Cowell Jet Skiing today in Barbados, so that thing with him and George getting together for Christmas drink is idol gossip. Rolling Eyes

lovelylois

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 25 Dec 2011, 04:37

davidarochelle wrote:Thanks for the translation, but this still is not clear to me. Is G a leopard, or just a wild cat that doesn't like being caged? What proverb are they referring to Does this mean that they have reached an understanding to have a very open relationship, and to do their own thing whenever? Meaning that they are still together, but will just spend Christmas with with own friends and family? Or is G just being very polite as always, and saying he wants "distance" from SK? Just curious as always.
The saying is in English too: the leapard never changes his spots meaning George won't settle down.

davidarochelle wrote:Thank you for your explanation. Can anyone make sense out of the rest of the article? Are G & SK still together? Is it "just a tif?" Or a temporary parting?
The whole article is based on the photos of George in Cabo (before we saw pictures of Stacy there too). It seems some tabloids decided that meant they weren't together any more or had had an argument and were spending Christmas apart.

Red faces for all concerned when pics of them together in Cabo came out I would guess.

Davida, if you're going to follow George's private life, then understand this: George doesn't talk to the tabloids. They look at photos and decide for themselves what's going on in his private life (same as we do here). There is no Italian gossip magazine that's going to have the inside scoop on what George is doing.

Now, can someone explain why we are once again talking about Stacy on a thread that was about George having drinks with Simon Cowell?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 25 Dec 2011, 04:59

Katiedot, I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my request for clarification, but I was really asking about the original author's meaning of the entire post. And who knows if he is "just making stuff up."

If G were to have drinks with Simon, then I assume he would have left SK in Mexico. So IMHO hard not to mention her in relation to what G is doing. And is it possible that the 2 men had drinks at some point before Simon went to the beach? Or did the paps invent the whole story?
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 25 Dec 2011, 05:26

There's nobody here who can answer those questions Davida. Only George Clooney would know the truth of what's happening in his life.

davidarochelle wrote:If G were to have drinks with Simon, then I assume he would have left SK in Mexico
Why would you assume that? Why not assume she went with him?

If you look at the other posts on this forum, you'll see that Simon Cowell is in Barbados at the moment (Bermuda? Bahamas? I get them mixed up) so the story that he and George were having a drink this weekend in LA seems unlikely. The original article was from an Irish publication I think claiming that they were meeting for a drink the weekend before Christmas.

Nobody knows where George is now, nor does anyone know where Stacy is now.

davidarochelle wrote:I was really asking about the original author's meaning of the entire post
You do understand that the original author doesn't post on this forum, right? It's Me posted what she found elsewhere.

Whether what the Italian author was making it up is not something we can say for definite but we do know they're wrong in saying George wasn't with Stacy in the run up to Christmas so it's likely it's all fiction.

Forgive my frustration, but if you really believe that an Italian gossip magazine has a genuine insight into George's private life then I've got a nice bridge you could buy from me.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 25 Dec 2011, 05:46

Katiedot, I think I wasn't being clear. Obviously everyone posts their own opinions and interpretations here, true or not it doesn't really matter. I was just very curious what the original author was trying to claim. Since the translations were literal, I couldn't understand him. Personally I think all of this is very funny; of course I don't take it seriously at all. Why would I? So come on Melbert, make some more clever comments. I need my Christmas eve laugh.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by zizi Sun 25 Dec 2011, 05:47

Being in the public eye doesn't make him public property.
If something is really important to him he will not want to share with anyone who has 3.00 $ for a magazine.

zizi

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 25 Dec 2011, 05:49

Sorry Davida, can't help you with the Italian, but the original English version (about the split) from which this was taken was posted a day or two ago in the Stacy Keibler thread.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by davidarochelle Sun 25 Dec 2011, 06:03

Katiedot, you bring up a very good issue with this forum. Sometimes the topics overlap, and you need to check multiple sections before posting something. Also all languages have idioms and expressions that don't translate correctly. I am still trying to understand the meaning of "tissue" as it applies to EC. And yes I am now guilty of thoroughly going off topic.
davidarochelle
davidarochelle

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Mon 26 Dec 2011, 00:35

lovelylois wrote:Here is a link to Popsugar that shows Simon Cowell Jet Skiing today in Barbados, so that thing with him and George getting together for Christmas drink is idol gossip. Rolling Eyes
IF it did happen, the original Irish radio blog didn't mention Christmas, the Studio City blog added that part. So could have been last weekend. LOL! tongue

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Dec 2011, 00:39

boh
anyway I'm at home
in my (partially) warm bed
so
buona notteeeeee Hello!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 26 Dec 2011, 00:40

Good night it's me

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Dec 2011, 10:08

hi
hangover sadd?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by sadDonkey Mon 26 Dec 2011, 14:30

hi

after Vomit 2 at 4 am, I am doing good.

sadDonkey
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Location : Universe, Milky Way, Solar System, Earth, Europe, ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 26 Dec 2011, 15:45

lol! Oh poor you sadDonkey. I have known the feeling well
in the past !
Hope you didn't miss your aim ?
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 26 Dec 2011, 16:01

Okay guys, this thread is supposed to be about George and Simon Cowell so let's not get too off topic.

We can commiserate with Donkey's hangover in the non-George threads in the 'party in the kitchen' section.

Thanks!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 26 Dec 2011, 16:49

well
one in Barbados
the other OOS

so.... Confuzzled
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down