George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Amal had key role in ICC bid to have both Hamas and Israeli leaders arrested
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyToday at 19:09 by party animal - not!

» George in Tuscany
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptySat 18 May 2024, 19:45 by benex

» The Good News
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyWed 15 May 2024, 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney

+7
Maggy
Katiedot
NotAvailable
Cinderella
Atalante
melbert
Merlin
11 posters

Go down

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney Empty Half the Sky - George to Narrate

Post by Merlin Sun 22 May 2011, 08:58

Sorry if this has already been posted by View posts since last visit isn't working....so it was hard to see if it was posted somewhere else...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

May 17, 2011 14:03 ET

ITVS Announces Funding and Production of "Half the Sky" for Primetime PBS Broadcast

Based on the Bestselling Book by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn; Production in Six Countries With Star Power From America Ferrera, Diane Lane, Lucy Liu, Marisa Tomei and More

SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - May 17, 2011) - ITVS (Independent Television Service) announced today that it, along with the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, has made a significant investment in Half the Sky, a primetime television special and multi-platform project based on New York Times columnist Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn's widely acclaimed book, Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide.

The two-part, four-hour broadcast will premiere as a special presentation of the Emmy® Award-winning PBS series Independent Lens in fall 2012 as a cornerstone of Women and Girls Lead, a multi-year engagement campaign led by ITVS to leverage the power of documentary storytelling to increase the leadership and development of women and girls worldwide.

"This is a project that means the world to Sheryl and me, and represents 20 years of travel, research and writing. We are proud to partner with public television to bring awareness to what we see as the greatest moral challenge of our time," said Nicholas Kristof, New York Times columnist and Pulitzer-prize winning author.

"More girls have been killed in the last 50 years, precisely because they were girls, than men were killed in all the battles of the twentieth century -- we hope Half the Sky will be a call to conscience for anyone who reads the book, watches the documentaries, or engages with the online content and social media," said Pulitzer-prize winning author Sheryl WuDunn.

Half the Sky's television and online life will build on the success of the best-selling book, which has been through 37 printings with more than 430,000 copies sold and translated into more than 14 languages. The broadcast event will be accompanied by a groundbreaking game hosted on Facebook and mobile games for India and Africa created in partnership with Games for Change. The U.S. and international broadcast will be amplified by social media, interactive tools, and community engagement on the ground in 100 U.S. markets and selected cities worldwide. Additionally, over 40 educational short films are being created in partnership with more than 54 NGOs for wide-reaching use among targeted communities across the global south.

"Viewers turn to PBS for programs that enlarge their world and deepen their understanding," said Sally Jo Fifer, President and CEO of ITVS. "Half the Sky tells the extraordinary stories of women and girls on the front lines of the fight against poverty and gender inequality across the global south and here in the U.S. who have risen above these circumstances to better our world. It is a perfect match for the engagement-driven goals of public media."

Some of today's finest actors and spokespeople have been tapped to engage with the subjects on the ground and help viewers connect with the issues at hand, including Diane Lane, who recently traveled to Somaliland, America Ferrera who will soon travel to India, and in scheduling talks are -- Nicole Kidman, and others.

Each actor will accompany the production team and Kristof or WuDunn on location to one of six countries in the global south -- and WuDunn will spearhead the production of stories surrounding these issues here in the U.S. Acclaimed actor and humanitarian George Clooney will provide narration for the series.

Marisa Tomei and Lucy Liu have directed short films based on women profiled in Half the Sky, which will be part of a larger online content strategy to be released over the course of the campaign.

"I am so deeply moved and inspired by the work that Nick and Sheryl do on behalf of women all over the world," said actress America Ferrera. "ITVS and PBS are sure to save and inspire many lives by bringing these incredible stories to their audience. I'm honored to be a part of it."

"I feel a sense of honor and excitement to be part of a program that will bring these critical human rights issues to a larger television audience," said acclaimed actress Diane Lane. "Traveling with Nick was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I could not pass up. My experience with Edna Adan in Somaliland has been eye opening and awe-inspiring. In order to fully understand these issues, it is crucial to see them firsthand."

The multi-platform project is a Show of Force production with Fugitive Films. Show of Force is the award-winning company and talent behind recent PBS mini-series events Circus and Carrier. Half the Sky is executive produced by Maro Chermayeff, Mikaela Beardsley, and Jamie Gordon.

In addition to ITVS and Corporation for Public Broadcasting, supporters of Half the Sky to date include: IKEA Foundation, Ford Foundation, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Hewlett Foundation, MacArthur Foundation, Nike Foundation, NoVo Foundation, and USAID. Pro-bono support has been provided by Waggener Edstrom and the United Nations Foundation.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney Empty Re: Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney

Post by melbert Sun 22 May 2011, 18:09

Oh, that voice! I have often said that George (and Nick too) could read the phone book and I'd be mesmerized. Now, putting his voice to a good cause is just the icing on the cake.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney Empty Re: Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney

Post by Merlin Sun 22 May 2011, 19:03

Yes...I love his voice...I have a cd of George in conversation on my ipod as soon as he starts talking it makes me smile....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 22 May 2011, 19:05

I'll click on to one or 12 videos that I find online every day, just to hear his voice. Obsessed much? Nah!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 22 May 2011, 19:06

Oh how sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet ! Very Happy I just go like this : Sleep lol!
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 22 May 2011, 19:08

Do you have Beautiful America by Tim Janis Melbert...gorgeous to look at and gorgeous George to listen to

Last edited by Katiedot on Sun 22 May 2011, 19:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added the video)
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sun 22 May 2011, 19:15

How come you know always everything ??? Suspect
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 22 May 2011, 19:19

Merlin wrote:Do you have Beautiful America by Tim Janis Melbert...gorgeous to look at and gorgeous George to listen to

I do now - thanks Merlin!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sun 22 May 2011, 19:20

Who me? I know nothing!
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney Empty Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney

Post by Cinderella Tue 25 Oct 2011, 00:58

Mendes visits Sierra Leone
Hollywood actress Eva Mendes has visited rape victims in Sierra Leone as part of a new documentary.

The Hitch star jetted out to the African country earlier this month to spend time with women who have suffered sexual abuse and her trip was filmed for the upcoming Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney.

Mendes posted a picture from the trip on her Whosay.com page and urged fans to help raise awareness of the problems in Sierra Leone.

She writes, "I'm here in beautiful Sierra Leone, Africa. You wouldn't believe the amount of rapes among women here, especially little girls... This is all something we need to be aware of.

"Please help me spread the word. Much love."

Actresses Olivia Wilde, Diane Lane, America Ferrera and Nicole Kidman are also filming installments for the documentary.
LINK

This is great! I'm so glad George is involved in something like this! What happens over there is terrible! I'm glad the "light is going to shine" on this issue!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by NotAvailable Tue 25 Oct 2011, 05:42

A powerful kind of documentary for George to narrate. It touches base upon something that is often overlooked and shoved under the rug. Wherever it happens, it is a shame. I hope it will include the stories of enforced slavery type prostitution in some areas of the US, as well as other countries. This is being perpetrated upon young girls and boys as we speak. This is also rape. A forced life in the streets because they have run away from home and its sometimes really rough situations.
NotAvailable
NotAvailable

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 25 Oct 2011, 07:13

There's a post on here about the book....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 23 Jul 2012, 11:36

This is airing on PBS:

Meg Ryan, America Ferrera Talk Moving Experiences Behind Making New PBS Doc Half The Sky

First Published: July 22, 2012

Meg Ryan, America Ferrera and Diane Lane shed their celebrity skin while travelling abroad as part of the upcoming PBS special, “Half the Sky,” examining how women and girls are treated in countries around the world, including India and Cambodia.

With an introduction by George Clooney, the two-night special, which airs October 1 and 2 on PBS, sees the women travelling with Nicholas Kristof, a New York Times columnist, collecting the stories of women facing dire situations and issues of sexual trafficking, civil rights and inadequate healthcare.

According to former “Ugly Betty” star America, no one knew about her television and movie star past when she came to meet young women in India.

“For me, I spent most of my time with some of the younger girls… and not a lot of them had actually seen anything I’d been in because they don’t really have exposure to that. Their mothers certainly had no idea who I was,” she recounted on Sunday at the PBS portion of the Television Critics Association summer tour in Beverly Hills. “If the girls were told, ‘Oh, she’s an actress, and she was in this TV series or this movie,’ they really just wanted to know what my mom was like and where did I grow up and what do I do with my friends and if I had ever seen the movie ‘Titanic,’ and the song that Celine Dion sang and could they sing it for me and they did.”

“They just wanted hugs,” Meg chimed in of her experiences. “The group we were around, they would say… ‘We just want your respect.’”

Other celebrity women featured in the series, inspired by the book, “Half the Sky” from the NY Times columnist and Shelly WuDunn, include Eva Mendes, Gabrielle Union and Olivia Wilde.

Meg said the stories they heard were hard, but she, personally, felt a link between their stories and her own.

“These are very extreme stories that you’re gonna see, but the bridge between the first and the third world is not as long as we think,” Meg said. “Anytime I haven’t spoken up for myself, I can see in the eyes of a little girl in Cambodia, so you know, it’s human experience… It’s a global culture and those stories are not so far away. Yes, they might be more extreme, but they are — in essence, a seed of them are in all of our experience.”

Speaking about what she learned on her trip and her meeting with Urmi Basu, the founder of New Light, which runs a shelter in Kolkata, India, aimed at helping children and women in a red light area of the city, America said it was that she can make a difference.

“I walked away remembering to keep my eyes open and my heart open to the possibility that I might one day come across a certain need that I could meet and remember that a hero like Urmi changed hundreds of children’s’ lives by deciding to say yes instead of no,” she said.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Mon 23 Jul 2012, 12:18

"Speaking about what she learned on her trip and her meeting with Urmi Basu, the founder of New Light, which runs a shelter in Kolkata, India, aimed at helping children and women in a red light area of the city, America said it was that she can make a difference."

I'm glad celebrities are bringing this socially and economically deprived nation to light. I hope and pray that one day they will do away with the caste system. IMO, all efforts to help women rise up in India is a dead end till the caste system is demolished. Never the less the women and children need to be thought that their voice counts and they are humans who have great abilities and opportunities.
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Wed 19 Sep 2012, 23:08

Just wanted to remind everyone that this is coming up soon...GC narrates it:

Coming October 1 and 2 to PBS stations nationwide

Half the Sky: Turning Oppression into Opportunity for Women Worldwide is a four-hour PBS primetime documentary film and national broadcast event inspired by the widely acclaimed book of the same name by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn.

Girl at New Light Crèche in Kolkata, India
Photo by Joshua Bennett
Filmed in 10 countries, the series follows Nicholas Kristof and celebrity activists America Ferrera, Diane Lane, Eva Mendes, Meg Ryan, Gabrielle Union and Olivia Wilde on a journey to tell the stories of inspiring, courageous individuals. Across the globe oppression is being confronted, and real meaningful solutions are being fashioned through health care, education, and economic empowerment for women and girls.

The linked problems of sex trafficking and forced prostitution, gender-based violence, and maternal mortality — which needlessly claim one woman every 90 seconds — present to us the single most vital opportunity of our time: the opportunity to make a change. All over the world women are seizing this opportunity.

The series is part of the Women and Girls Lead initiative, spearheaded by ITVS in partnership with CPB and PBS.

silly girl
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 19 Sep 2012, 23:15

bravi Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Sep 2012, 00:28

it's me wrote:bravi Very Happy
Yes, bravi!!! I love you can't wait for it.
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 20 Sep 2012, 02:52

I can't wait . I love you

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 20 Sep 2012, 02:55

amaretti wrote: I can't wait . I love you
scratch
Maggy
Maggy

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Thu 20 Sep 2012, 03:48

I can't wait . Very Happy I love you

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Half the Sky, which will be narrated by George Clooney Empty Clooney introduces 'Half the Sky'

Post by laetval Mon 01 Oct 2012, 08:42

George Clooney and other notables lend their voices and observations to "Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide" (9 p.m. on WGBH). Filmed in 10 countries and based on a book of the same name by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn, "Half" is an expose of human trafficking and unspeakable cruelty, as well as an argument that many of the solutions to world crises can arrive only when women are given real political and economic power.

Over two nights, "Half" will look at a culture of gender violence in Sierra Leone, where most rapes go unreported; a prostitution industry in Cambodia, where children are approximately 30 percent of brothel workers; the epidemic of maternal mortality in Somaliland, where one in 12 mothers die in childbirth; and India's burgeoning prostitution industry. Celebrities, including Diane Lane, Gabrielle Union, America Ferrera, Meg Ryan, Eva Mendes and Olivia Wilde, travel with the authors and various experts to examine oppression and opportunities firsthand.

Union visits Vietnam, where a program to foster literacy in young girls is making a difference. Wilde shows how women entrepreneurs are changing the Kenyan economy and visits a village near Nairobi established as a haven from violence and rape.

The notion of Hollywood celebrities extolling the virtues of women's liberation takes on a whole new dimension when seen from this vantage point.

— There was a time when smaller networks aimed at younger audiences typically launched their new series earlier than the rest. Fox started this years ago, when new episodes of "Beverly Hills, 90210" premiered well before school was back in session.

For reasons unclear, the CW has elected to kick off its new season later than any other network this year. It officially launches with the airing of last month's iHeartRadio Music Festival (8 p.m., TV-PG).

The two-day concert was held in Las Vegas and included performances by Usher, Bon Jovi, Taylor Swift, Swedish House Mafia, P!nk, Aerosmith, Rihanna, No Doubt, Lil Wayne, Miranda Lambert, Brad Paisley, Enrique Iglesias and Green Day.

— Speaking of unorthodox launches, kid-friendly Nickelodeon embarks on a whole slate of shows aimed at the mothers of its intended audience with exclusive online content. NickMom.com presents the interview series "Parental Discretion With Stefanie Wilder-Taylor," the documentary comedy series "MFF: Mom Friends Forever" and the standup series "NickMom Night Out." "What Was Carol Brady Thinking?" is a send-up of "The Brady Bunch," including clips of the iconic series.

TONIGHT'S OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
— Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren face off in a second Senatorial debate (7 p.m., NBC and NECN).

— Blind auditions continue on "The Voice" (8 p.m., NBC, TV-PG).

— A garage explosion scatters the evidence on "Bones" (8 p.m., Fox, TV-14).

— Bay and Zarra run into trouble with a vandal on "Switched at Birth" (8 p.m., ABC Family, TV-14).

— Dani's death leaves everyone shaken on "Alphas" (8 p.m., Syfy, TV-14).

— Jason London, Frank Langella and Dennis Hopper are among the stars of the 2000 miniseries "Jason and the Argonauts" (8 p.m., Encore).

— A familiar face gets roughed up in a bar fight on "The Mob Doctor" (9 p.m., Fox, TV-14). If you're curious, you should catch this rookie drama while you can. Low ratings have all but guaranteed its early cancellation.

— Tao faces a reversal on "Major Crimes" (9 p.m., TNT, TV-14).

— McGarrett needs Catherine's help on "Hawaii Five-0" (10 p.m., CBS, TV-14).

— Charlie and Miles return to the rebel camp on "Revolution" (10 p.m., NBC, TV-14).

— Beckett returns from suspension on "Castle" (10 p.m., ABC, TV-PG).

— "Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations" (9 p.m., Travel, TV-PG) visits Burgundy.

CULT CHOICE
We are now nearly as far away in time from the debut of "Star Wars IV: A New Hope" (7 p.m. and 10 p.m., Spike) in 1977 as that movie was from the 1939 "Buck Rogers" serials that helped inspire it.

SERIES NOTES
Pre-nup fussiness on "How I Met Your Mother" (8 p.m., CBS, TV-14) ... "Dancing With the Stars" (8 p.m., ABC, TV-PG) ... Louis interferes on "Partners" (8:30 p.m., CBS, TV-14) ... In Martha they trust on "2 Broke Girls" (9 p.m., CBS, TV-14) ... Vince needs nursing on "Mike & Molly" (9:30 p.m., CBS, TV-14).

LATE NIGHT
Adam Devine and the Shins appear on "Conan" (11 p.m., TBS) ... Paul DelVecchio, Josh Wolf, Jen Kirkman and Ryan Stout are booked on "Chelsea Lately" (11 p.m., E!).

Stephen Colbert and Martha Wash appear on "Late Show With David Letterman" (11:35 p.m., CBS) ... Jay Leno welcomes Bryan Cranston, Rebel Wilson and Cher Lloyd on "The Tonight Show" (11:35 p.m., NBC) ... Zooey Deschanel, Maggie Grace and Electric Approach appear on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (midnight, ABC).

Liam Neeson, Joanna Garcia and Matt & Kim visit "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon" (12:35 a.m., NBC) ... Craig Ferguson hosts Ethan Hawke on "The Late Late Show" (12:35 a.m., CBS).

Using Fame to Shine a Spotlight on the Suffering

No network, including PBS, is above using celebrities as audience bait in the interests of making a difficult documentary subject a little more commercial.
Enlarge This Image

And George Clooney lays it right out there in his introduction to “Half the Sky : Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide,” which features six well-known “actress-advocates.”

“The celebrity involvement may be able to amplify the story. That’s all,” he says. “There are a lot more people that know who Diane Lane is or that know who Meg Ryan is than know Nick Kristof.” Well, he has a point.

Nicholas D. Kristof , an Op-Ed columnist for The New York Times, and his wife, Sheryl WuDunn , a former foreign correspondent for The Times and now an investment banking executive, wrote the book of the same title from which this production, running Monday and Tuesday nights on PBS stations, takes its lead. It’s beautifully filmed, alternately heartbreaking and inspiring — and more than a little preachy at times with a recurring collection of talking heads bridging the film’s six actress-assisted journeys.

At least two of these additional advocates — Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and Gloria Steinem — also are more famous than Mr. Kristof. No harm in that.

Mr. Kristof is the dogged but unflappably genial reporter in the field. Ms. WuDunn stays stateside to underscore the points made by her husband’s trips to some of the most oppressive countries in terms of basic women’s rights.

In Ms. WuDunn and Mrs. Clinton’s view the stakes couldn’t be higher. “The role and rights of women — their freedom and equality and dignity — is the unfinished business of the 21st century,” Mrs. Clinton asserts.

Presented under PBS’s “Independent Lens” banner, “Half the Sky” accentuates its subjectivity throughout the four hours. But it’s hard to fault Mr. Kristof’s effusive praise of the freedom fighters he introduces to Ms. Ryan, Ms. Lane, America Ferrera, Olivia Wilde, Eva Mendes and Gabrielle Union.

For the first segment, on rampant gender-based violence in Sierra Leone, he brings together Ms. Mendes and Amie Kandeh, director of the Rainbo Center. It’s a place where women can take refuge and get help in pressing charges against their abusers.

The 14-year-old Fulamutu is one of the few willing to detail what she says happened to her at the hands of a pastor. “I was afraid to tell my parents because they would beat me,” she says.

Mr. Kristof briefly wonders about the propriety of a reporter getting involved in tracking down the pastor. But he decides there would be no embarrassment in bringing a rapist to justice.

The pastor emphatically denies any wrongdoing, while the authorities and Fulamutu’s family are not of a mind to press matters. So with a heavy heart and a sense of frustration, “Half the Sky” moves on to sex trafficking in Cambodia, where Ms. Ryan declines to join Mr. Kristof and others on a brothel raid. She just doesn’t have “the danger gene,” she explains to the camera. Her reluctance is understandable. But this also distances Ms. Ryan from the plight at hand. Even so, the segment soars on the strength of Somana, a teenager whose eye was gouged out by a brothel owner before she was rescued by Somaly Mam and taken to her rehabilitation center. Somana is now following in the footsteps of Ms. Mam, who says, “My dream is to see my girls become me.”

On Night 2, Mr. Kristof and Ms. Lane journey to Somaliland for a segment on female genital cutting, a traditional practice that Edna Adan, founder of a maternity hospital, calls “painful, unwanted, undesirable and uncalled-for.” Severe complications in childbirth are often the result, and Ms. Lane is shocked to learn that one of the practitioners performs 10 to 12 cuttings a day as her only source of income.

“This is a capitalist venture,” Ms. Lane says. “Call a spade a spade.”

“Half the Sky” keeps hope afloat with a look at economic empowerment in Kenya. Its inspirational force is Rebecca Lolosoli, who runs an all-women’s village where the inhabitants make their own livings, many of them by stringing beads. And it’s quite a sight to see Ms. Wilde joyously dancing with the women to what she learns is “The Vagina Song.”

“Half the Sky” can’t be called entertaining television. But it is thoroughly edifying, handsomely produced and buoyed by brave, resilient people fighting for basic equality. Amie Kandeh, Somaly Mam, Rebecca Lolosoli and others are the real stars. The name-brand actresses they meet serve their purpose. But they’ve all since moved on.

Half the Sky: Turning Oppression Into Opportunity for Women Worldwide

On PBS stations Monday and Tuesday nights at 9 (check local listings).

Produced by Show of Force LLC and Fugitive Films in association with the Independent Television Service. Inspired by the book by Nicholas Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn; directed by Maro Chermayeff; Ms. Chermayeff, Mikaela Beardsley, Jamie Gordon and Jeff Dupre, executive producers; Joshua Bennett, producer; introduced by George Clooney.

Ed Bark, a former television critic for The Dallas Morning News, is now proprietor of the television Web site unclebarky.com.
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 01 Oct 2012, 09:01

Thanks, Laet. I'm just moving this to the thread on the programme.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 01 Oct 2012, 09:11

oopsie Didn't see there was a thread for this, thanks Kat!

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 02 Oct 2012, 02:23

Started to watch....not sure I can watch the whole thing... I am crying too much....

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by silly girl Tue 02 Oct 2012, 04:01

Ended up watching the whole thing...once I started I couldn't stop....such powerful stories ----cried the whole time. It is very well done...

silly girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cinderella Tue 02 Oct 2012, 04:09

Me too, Silly Girl! Cried a lot! But I smiled when I saw one of them smile. It helped me to see they are getting better after being rescued! But still... they have a long way to go. With our help they can succeed and be powerful women to change the world they grew up in. That's my goal, if I do anything, I want to help these girls/women in any way possible!
Cinderella
Cinderella
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum