George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

+32
adgran
party animal - not!
Astras
Joanna
zizi
Henway
sandwiches
Pari
Cinderella
sadDonkey
dakota007
it's me
macs
cindigirl
Lighterside
pattygirl
Casey
lelacorb
clooneys six
Atalante
laetval
bellybaby
fluffy
lolo"layla"
playfuldeb
blubelle
melbert
watching
lucy
Merlin
Katiedot
sisieq
36 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' Empty George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

Post by sisieq Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:32

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney to Star in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' with Bullock

December 16, 2010
Source: Heat Vision
by Alex Billington

Finally a replacement! For a long time, Robert Downey Jr. was attached to star in Alfonso Cuaron's highly anticipated new sci-fi movie Gravity, but the project has gone through quite a bit of pre-production woes, mostly involving casting. Downey Jr. dropped out last month due to scheduling issues and we worried his departure might put this on the shelf again, but thankfully that's not the case.

Heat Vision is now reporting that George Clooney will star opposite Sandra Bullock in Gravity, which will put him back up in space like in the Solaris remake from 2002. Remarkably, these two actors haven't been in the same movie before.

Sandra Bullock will star, along with Clooney, as the only two astronauts who survive a disaster on a remote space station and must make the long, grueling journey home to Earth.

Clooney's involvement doesn't make him one of the leads, as he (spoiler ahead)
Spoiler:

Gravity is still a movie about one woman, it's just getting beefed up with big names in the "supporting" areas. With Clooney and Bullock on-board hopefully this means production on Gravity will finally move forward and Cuaron can shoot his ambitious $80 million sci-fi movie next year, as planned, as I'm foaming at the mouth to see it.

Last edited by Katiedot on Wed 28 Mar 2012, 21:59; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : clarified title)

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

Post by sisieq Thu 16 Dec 2010, 22:42

Apparently its not a rumor. Found this article that says its a Warner Brothers announcement - They made an interesting comment about Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Well, then! Warner Bros. announced today that George Clooney will replace Robert Downey Jr. in Alfonso Cuaron’s highly anticipated — and perhaps actually happening — Gravity. Clooney will co-star alongside Sandra Bullock in the space drama, though his part is of the supporting variety. What does this mean for that report about Clooney’s involvement in The Man from U.N.C.L.E. with Steven Soderbergh? Perhaps another addition to the Ridiculous Casting/Development Rumors list is needed.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' Empty Re: George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity'

Post by Katiedot Fri 17 Dec 2010, 04:04

Shame! I like Robert Downey Jnr.

Although I guess it'll be interesting to see George as an astronaut again.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 17 Dec 2010, 06:36

In the past a few people including myself have said they would like to see Sandra in a movie with George....I'd have preferred a thriller/detective type though.
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 17 Dec 2010, 07:59

Up in the Air deleted scene clip has Clooney as Astronaut:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Fri 17 Dec 2010, 13:24

I liked George as a DR. -Astronaut the scene where he fights with his wife, then leaves her is one of my fav GC drama moments.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 21 Dec 2010, 06:45

This movie has been added to his IMDB page.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 21 Dec 2010, 07:15

Katiedot wrote:Shame! I like Robert Downey Jnr.
That's because RDJ will be filming The Avengers -
From IMDB page: Reportedly set to begin shooting in early 2011

The Gravity -
From IMDB page: Looking to begin production in late April or early May.

O/T:

From the names of the cast of characters, I can't tell if this is a remake of the great British TV series The Avengers. Merlin or other Brits, any news if this is a remake or just happens to have the same title?

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 21 Dec 2010, 08:04

I hope it's a new film and not a remake. Still haven't got over the last remake with Uma Thurman (shudder!).
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 14 Mar 2011, 08:09

Scarlett Johansson replaces Angelina Jolie in new film ‘Gravity’
Posted by Christopher H. Wright on August 14, 2010

NEW YORK, USA – Scarlett Johansson has replaced Angelina Jolie to play in Alfonso Cuaron’s new 3D movie ‘Gravity’ after she declined to do the role.

Johansson, who found international fame in 2003 playing Charlotte in Sofia Copella’s ‘Lost In Translation,’ has ‘verbally agreed’ to play in the film alongside Iron Man 2 co-star Robert Downey Jr according to New York Daily. The American actress has starred in a diverse range of roles in movies such as ‘The Prestige’ and ‘The Other Boleyn Girl’ that have grossed over $1 billion at the US box office alone.

Alfonso Cuaron, who has helmed movies such as ‘Children of Men’ and ‘Y tu mamá también’ said that the film would be, ‘the most ambitious film, technology-wise, since Avatar.’ It is also rumoured that it will feature an opening 20-minute mind-blowing sequence shot never before attempted using 3D technology.

The birth of 3D movies has sparked a significant shift in studio productions as their popularity has spiraled. ‘Avatar’ directed by James Cameron grossed $2 billion worldwide and set a precedent for a new era in storytelling, breaking box office records and establishing a global fan base hungry for visually compelling 3D films.

‘Gravity’ is set to shoot later this summer and is scheduled for release sometime in 2012.

Read more: Scarlett Johansson replaces Angelina Jolie in new film 'Gravity'
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Mon 14 Mar 2011, 08:11

Sorry Sisieq...only just saw your question...nothing to do with John Steed/Mrs Peel.....Robert DJ movie is an Iron Man movie....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 15 Mar 2011, 07:08

Did I read that right? Sandra Bullock, George Clooney and Scarlett Johansson in 3D?

Be still my beating heart!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 15 Mar 2011, 08:46

I wonder if the 3D of George is him floating off into space affraid
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Wed 13 Apr 2011, 07:29

High-budget productions currently underway with On-Set Dailies include: "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close," starring Tom Hanks, shooting in New York, with dailies prepared on multiple linked On-Set Dailies by Deluxe. A clutch of 3D productions includes Fox's feature "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter," shooting in New Orleans; "The Three Musketeers," starring Orlando Bloom; "Hansel and Gretel in 3D," shooting in Berlin; and upcoming U.K. shoots for "Gravity" with George Clooney and Sandra Bullock.
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 13 Apr 2011, 08:15

I'm so excited about this film. I'm meh about Ides of March and will wait for the trailers before I decide whether to see the Descendents, but this, this I can't wait for.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:10

Gravity is going to be shot in the UK??

Last edited by watching on Wed 13 Apr 2011, 10:12; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : amended)
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Apr 2011, 15:43

Gee, I wonder is Lisa will come back into George's life while they're shooting?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 13 Apr 2011, 16:11

Not if Betty is still around. Anyone hoping for a cat fight?
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Apr 2011, 16:16

meOW!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 13 Apr 2011, 16:22

Doubt it, Lisa to old now for George.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 13 Apr 2011, 16:26

OMP Lucy, you're right! She just turned 40 in January, so she is WAY too old for him. What was I thinkin'? That's another reason George and Jennifer won't work either. I think she just turned 42!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by playfuldeb Thu 14 Apr 2011, 03:03

Isnt there a video clip of George with Lisa and two other people at some award show in another thread? If George wanted Lisa back into his life, he knows where to find her and it wouldnt take a movie to do it.jmo
playfuldeb
playfuldeb
Clooneyfied!

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Thu 14 Apr 2011, 07:25

Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity will shoot in May
by Liam on April 14, 2011 ·

Alfonso Cuaron’s Gravity initially had a hard time getting off the ground. Angelina Jolie turned down the lead role twice, and talks with Natalie Portman didn’t work out (which on hindsight was probably due to her pregnancy). Luckily Sandra Bullock signed on, but then Robert Downey Jr. had to pull out because of The Avengers, only to be replaced by George Clooney.

Things have been quiet on the project since Clooney’s casting 4 months ago, but producer David Heyman (Harry Potter) recently confirmed that filming will now begin in May in the UK.

From Collider:

I’m doing Gravity with Alfonso Cuaron, which starts the end of May. Which is great. The whole film has been pre-vised and figured out, it’s f**kin’ awesome. I mean, unlike anything you’ve seen in space. It’s just great. He’s a privilege to work with—he’s a real visionary.

…we’re using technology that’s never seen before. This film will be more immersive, I believe, than anything you’ve seen before. You will really feel like you are in space. It will not be an objective view of space, it will be an immersive view of space. And you know as you say, with Children of Men, he loves these long shots. It’s gonna be a really bold, bold film.

Much of the film is devoted to a woman’s struggle to get back to Earth (and her daughter) after her team at a remote space station are decimated by debris from an exploded satellite. George Clooney will play the team leader at the space station, while Bullock will play the female lead. Most of Gravity will just involve her on-screen, so it’ll be interesting to see Bullock back in a sci-fi setting in that type of environment.

Heyman said Gravity wouldn’t be filmed in 3D, but will be converted and released as a 3D film as “you can make the 3D in a post process much more easily than if you were shooting all live-action or sitting in a room.”
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 14 Apr 2011, 07:45

ooooh, excited, excited Woo hooo!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 14 Apr 2011, 15:40

playfuldeb wrote:Isnt there a video clip of George with Lisa and two other people at some award show in another thread? If George wanted Lisa back into his life, he knows where to find her and it wouldnt take a movie to do it.jmo

Playfuldeb, I really just said that to be a smartass. Just me being me.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

George Clooney and Sandra Bullock in Alfonso Cuaron's 'Gravity' Empty Gravity - Clooney in 3D

Post by sisieq Mon 18 Apr 2011, 04:26

Producer David Heyman Says Alfonso Cuarón’s 3D Sci-Fi Epic ‘Gravity’ Will Shoot This May

George Clooney & Sandra Bullock-Starrer Will Undergo 3D Conversion In Post-Production

Things had gone fairly quiet on the front of “Children Of Men” helmer Alfonso Cuarón‘s much-anticipated 3-D sci-fi epic “Gravity” since George Clooney replaced Robert Downey Jr. and joined Sandra Bullock in the cast, but it looks like producer David Heyman has now broken the silence with a refreshing update.

Heyman recently spoke with Collider and revealed that production on the long-gestating feature is due to get underway in London at, “The end of May. The whole film has been pre-vised and figured out, it’s fuckin’ awesome. I mean, unlike anything you’ve seen in space. It’s just great. He’s a privilege to work with—he’s a real visionary.”

“We’re using technology that’s never seen before,” he said. “This film will be more immersive, I believe, than anything you’ve seen before. You will really feel like you are in space. It will not be an objective view of space, it will be an immersive view of space. And you know as you say, with ‘Children of Men,’ he loves these long shots. It’s gonna be a really bold, bold film.”

The producer also adds that Cuarón won’t be shooting in 3D as presumed and the film will be converted into the format in post-production instead. “Because this film is being made almost entirely digitally, a huge amount of it’s being made digitally,” Heyman added. “3D felt like a really organic—because so much of it’s being done digitally, you can make the 3D in a post process much more easily than if you were shooting all live-action or sitting in a room.”

We’re just excited to hear that the talented Mexican filmmaker will soon be back in the game, after all, the development, casting and pre-production drama had threatened to see the pic fall by the wayside at several points along its history. Our original script review describes the story as a “streamlined thrill ride” that would see our protagonist in a “nonstop race to get back to earth” after an outer space accident puts her in danger. Previous reports have also teased a 20-minute single shot opening scene , an $80 million budget which may or may not be still the case, and—for better or worse—CGI to dominate about 60% of the film.

Clooney is currently finishing off his third directorial effort with political drama “The Ides Of March” with this scheduling likely meaning he’ll leap over to London fairly soon after he wraps. Similarly, Bullock has been shooting Stephen Daldry‘s “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” with Tom Hanks but that should be (if not already) nearing completion, while Cuarón has been on quite the hiatus in the past few years and is surely eager to get his next fllm going.

Producer Heyman also teased another project he has in the works which was recently accelerated by scoring the rights to a plum, and integral soundtrack. “I just closed the deal on some Beatles songs, and we’re gonna do an animated film, a musical animated film using Beatles songs, with a love story between a dung beetle and a lady bug.” He stopped short of revealing which songs they are, however, adding that, “you have to figure out the songs you want. But we can switch out a little bit. So we’ve just got ten songs, and it’s a bit early to say what they are, but I’m really really excited.”

Simon Dang posted to Actresses, Sandra Bullock, Actors, George Clooney, Directors, Alfonso Cuaron, Films, Gravity, Musicians, The Beatles at 7:54 am on April 17, 2011

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lolo"layla" Mon 18 Apr 2011, 05:25

good but his role is he mainly or minor role ?

lolo"layla"
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 18 Apr 2011, 13:49

Sisieq, do we know where in London or Uk they might be filming?? Is it good ol' Shepperton studios??
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 19 Apr 2011, 02:52

George in 3D. Oh dear... will he reach out and touch someone?
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 19 Apr 2011, 02:56

melbert wrote:George in 3D. Oh dear... will he reach out and touch someone?
Actually don't know how good the 3D is going to be. It says it will be done in post-production and not while filming with a 3D camera. LOL, didn't know it could be done afterwards.

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 19 Apr 2011, 03:02

I've not seen anything in 3D, but I heard it can be rather dizzying. I don't need any help in that department. However, I will buck it up and see this!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 19 Apr 2011, 03:26

melbert wrote:I've not seen anything in 3D, but I heard it can be rather dizzying. I don't need any help in that department. However, I will buck it up and see this!
I've seen a couple of movies, one a long time ago and the most recent was Nomeio and Juliet. (Cute movie, btw) I enjoyed the 3D. I'm wondering if the 3D will just be the space scenes. scratch

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 19 Apr 2011, 05:05

If you do a 3D film, then usually the whole film is in 3D and most of them were done post-production. The famous exception of course was Avatar which was specially filmed but I don't think you can tell the difference.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Tue 19 Apr 2011, 07:27

We went to see Avatar in 3D on an IMAX screen.....it was oooohhhh for a bit then I didn't notice it anymore....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 19 Apr 2011, 19:16

Katiedot wrote:If you do a 3D film, then usually the whole film is in 3D and most of them were done post-production. The famous exception of course was Avatar which was specially filmed but I don't think you can tell the difference.
Thanks for the info!! So, wonder if that means we'll have a shot of George flying in space and heading right toward's us. How about a big pucker as he fly's with a head-on shot and it looks like he's kissing the screen and, and, and..... sorry, got carried away. Shocked

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 19 Apr 2011, 21:31

Don't get us started on George and 3d bodyparts flying towards us!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Tue 19 Apr 2011, 22:39

lucy wrote:Don't get us started on George and 3d bodyparts flying towards us!
My 3D movie version:

(people sitting in the theater)

just getting seated Shocked
putting on 3D glasses Cool
watching the following scene Laughing

(George on screen)

progression of scene:

lip smack
Love5
Love6
Make happy
Censored
Love7

(people sitting in the theater)

progression of reaction
Embarassed
tongue
cheers
Love3

sisieq

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 20 Apr 2011, 01:24

I think you nailed that one Sisieq!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Wed 20 Apr 2011, 13:11

Hahahaha!!! Love it!!

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Sat 30 Apr 2011, 15:23

Ladies, have any of you heard any other news of Gee coming to the UK?? Nothing this side, sadly!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 30 Apr 2011, 15:32

Haven't heard anything fluffy, but now that Royal Wedding is over I would think it would be after the big 50"May6th"only a week away!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 30 Apr 2011, 17:16

It was meant to be end of May, wasn't it?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 17 May 2011, 03:48

Looks like filming at Shepperton studios has begun! I'm copying over Laetval's tweets here as well:

[name deleted on request]
Alfonso Cuaron on set is amazing! Couldn't ask for a better morning at work! LOVE my job!
12 May

yep Sandras been here for a month already, we have
Clooney for a few weeks

With the fantasic George Clooney and Sandra Bullock on set of the new feature 'Gravity'

My bff is one lucky devil today, working alongside George Clooney, @RuthFilmmaker - read ur bb status! LOL age ain't nothin' bt a
numba xXx

AimeeHannah_x Aimee Martin
Gaahhh GEORGE CLOONEY IS IN SHEPPERTON. Not that I'm bothered Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Last edited by Katiedot on Tue 31 May 2011, 04:14; edited 1 time in total
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Tue 17 May 2011, 12:06

Come on paps you are famous for your ability to invade peoples privacy while in England, give us some off set pics!! That sounds really bad, but George deserves it as far as I'm concerned for playing all these games, now you see us, now you don't!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 30 May 2011, 18:56

yep Sandras been here for a month already, we have
Clooney for a few weeks

With the fantasic George Clooney and Sandra Bullock on set of the new feature 'Gravity'"

These two tweets have been removed from [name deleted on request] post. The only one that remains is the one in regard to Mr. Cuaron. Interesting? Are we talking SUPER closed set?????

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 30 May 2011, 23:12

Wonder if she was asked to remove the post?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 31 May 2011, 00:54

That's what I was wondering Lucy. Just seems strange.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 31 May 2011, 04:15

Hi guys, I was asked to remove the names of the twitterers. Please don't re-quote them.

Thanks!

ETA: that's weird, it doesn't show on Mel's post that I edited her post.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Wed 01 Jun 2011, 01:36

Thanks Katie. It's interesting that it NEVER shows on my posts that I edit. I see it on other people's posts, but never on mine. Are you supposed to see it on your own? Gee, leave it that way! Makes everybody NOT see all the editing I do!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 01 Jun 2011, 11:18

Keanu Reeves, George Clooney and Sandra Bullock frequent Walton restaurant

A LIST Hollywood celebrities filming at Shepperton Studios have a taste for takeaways from restaurant chain Giraffe, it has been revealed.

Keanu Reeves is the latest in a long line of famous faces to order from the popular restaurant in New Zealand Avenue, Walton.

Reeves and other cast members currently working on 47Ronin ordered £500 worth of food on Tuesday, May 24, according to staff.

In the last few weeks alone, they have taken food orders from George Clooney and Sandra Bullock as well as Reeves, who are all involved in filming at the world-renowned studios in Studios Road.

Assistant manager of the Walton branch of Giraffe, Lauren Butler said: “We have been providing food for the studios for a while, it's mostly for the camera crews and art departments.

"On Tuesday it was for Keanu Reeves, he's there for 47Ronin. It was mostly salads, dips, hummous and pittas. It was about £500 worth. They put it out on big banqueting trays in a buffet style in the studios.

"We've got to know the delivery girl really well as she is here so often and she gives us all the gossip about who it's for. We always get excited about who will be eating our food and we have a running joke about attracting big names.”
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next