George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Good News
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyToday at 18:19 by annemariew

» George Clooney to make his Broadway debut in a play version of movie ‘Good Night, and Good Luck
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 19:19 by benex

» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of

+6
pattygirl
blubelle
it's me
cindigirl
lucy
laetval
10 posters

Go down

Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of Empty Re: Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of

Post by laetval Sun 04 Sep 2011, 13:27

A funny version of Nespresso

laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of Empty Re: Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of

Post by lucy Sun 04 Sep 2011, 14:30

Thanks laetval, I needed that rotflol vid, you just made my day!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 14:35

Thanks, you gave me my first laugh of the day.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sun 04 Sep 2011, 14:37

funny!!!!
a great idea for a promo! Wink
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:12

I hope G sees this. I think he would really appreciate it. Thanks laetval.
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:35

Oh, that is too much. LOL. Wish they'd stop destroying those beautiul grand pianos, though. What a waste.
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sun 04 Sep 2011, 16:55

Oooh, not sure he would appreciate the criticism. He didn't take too kindly to past criticisms of his Nestle connections.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 17:01

I first laughed at this video then thought OUCH. LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of Empty temp thread

Post by pattygirl Sun 04 Sep 2011, 17:15

Gotta hurt, especially where it landed. Glad that wasn't George, though.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of Empty Video - The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of

Post by watching Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:21

The New George Clooney Nespresso Ad… Sort Of
Posted by Marc | 4-09-2011 18:00 | Category:Corporate Social Responsibility, Poverty, Third world

Great new campaign launched today in Switzerland from Solidar, the fair trade organization. They want George Clooney to take his role as UN ambassador serious. He is also the face in all recent Nespresso marketing. With this campaign Solidar ask people the sign the petition asking Nespresso to stop the exploitation of coffee pickers.

The petition text:

Dear George,
... you campaign as a UN ambassador as well as a champion of peace and justice. That is truly fantastic. But promoting a company that does nothing to stop the exploitation of coffee pickers is really not right.
I would therefore like to ask you make Nestlé choose:
either fair trade coffee or no more George Clooney in the Nespresso commercials.
More at the campaign website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Advertiser:
Solidarités International
Agency:
Spinas Civil Voices

Link to article and video
watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:27

funny vid
but G was catch in the middle
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by watching Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:29

A parody spot Clooney and Nespresso, not welcome

By Emilie Brouzes | journalism student | 05/09/2011 |

Fair trade coffee, or more than "What else". It is the threat that George Clooney should hold up under the nose of Nestlé, pleads NGO Solidar Switzerland . Parodied in a spot of Nespresso, a dead ringer for the actor out of a coffee shop, avoids a grand piano but is taught in the crotch. As he is dying, the voice mocked : "Sorry George, but a coffee picker operated feels the same way as you. " (See video)

To disseminate their news, Solidar Switzerland outsources media relations at a communications company, Aktuell. This contact an international agency, Newswire , to relay information to the French media. Except at the last minute, says Alexandre Mariéthoz, spokesman for the NGO, he objects to it:

The agency believes that the spot" the multinational Nestlé accused of unethical practices. " For this and "because the name of George Clooney is used for negative, "they would not broadcast the news. It was damn surprised: it's obvious that it's humor, of course, we want nothing happens to the actor. "Dear George, I beg you to put a clear choice Nestlé"

Meanwhile, the video buzz. Since it went online Sunday afternoon, nearly 7500 Internet users have sent this message to the actor, through a form:

"Dear George, as a Goodwill Ambassador to the UN, you commit yourself to a more just world. It's great! So you are certainly troubled by the inaction of Nestlé against the exploitation of coffee pickers and collectors. Therefore I beg you to put Nestlé before a clear choice: fair trade coffee or never advertise with Nespresso George Clooney. "

By a reaction Facebook , Nespresso invited Solidar Switzerland on Monday to discuss and present their grievances. The NGO noted . It has many back to "George" signatures by mail or at its next arrival in Europe.

Link to media article about ad

watching
watching
Practically on first name terms with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:35

The video of this campain is already posted HERE Wink
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 05 Sep 2011, 13:36

But if George is in the commercial, then surely he is saying I understand that plight?? Why else would he be impaled by a sign, if it weren't a sign, if you see what I mean??! I thought all coffee was sustainable these days just like the wood?? That video a while ago where Gee was on site picking, was that Nespresso??
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:13

I really don’t know what to say about this… If George is under contract with Nespresso there’s really nothing he can do about it, at this time. I’m certain, after being enlightened of this situation; he will do his research and find out the truth on his own. I feel some people push their agendas… agendas we are not savvy to… to further other aspects we are not savvy to. But this definitely will make him research the situation. If so, I would imagine he (after research) or Nespresso will make a statement.

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 15:49

fluffy wrote:But if George is in the commercial, then surely he is saying I understand that plight?? Why else would he be impaled by a sign, if it weren't a sign, if you see what I mean??! I thought all coffee was sustainable these days just like the wood?? That video a while ago where Gee was on site picking, was that Nespresso??

Fluffy, that isn't George in the commercial. It is a look alike.Smile
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 05 Sep 2011, 16:37

He doesn't even look like the fake George, let alone our George!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 16:40

Oh, so true. Could pick image apart to find numerous differences. Taller, thinner, too much grey hair, etc. etc. and so on.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by fluffy Mon 05 Sep 2011, 16:54

Ahhhhhh I see!! to me he looked real!! I need to get a look straight on for that little mark on his temple, then I'll know for sure!!!
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Sep 2011, 17:10

This video was already posted on the 'Nespresso' thread yesterday. So you guys want me to merge the two threads or keep them separate?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 05 Sep 2011, 17:43

Merge baby, merge!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Sep 2011, 17:45

Hahaha! Tell you what, I'll bring the 'fake' nespresso ads over to this topic then we can find it more easily in the future.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 05 Sep 2011, 17:54

That would be just groovy!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 17:57

Go for it, girl:cheers:
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Mon 05 Sep 2011, 18:01

Done!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Mon 05 Sep 2011, 21:43

Cinderella wrote:I really don’t know what to say about this… If George is under contract with Nespresso there’s really nothing he can do about it, at this time. I’m certain, after being enlightened of this situation; he will do his research and find out the truth on his own. I feel some people push their agendas… agendas we are not savvy to… to further other aspects we are not savvy to. But this definitely will make him research the situation. If so, I would imagine he (after research) or Nespresso will make a statement.

Can anyone tell me exactly what what "fair trade coffee" is? What makes Solidar Suisse think that they will be able to turn things around? The plantation owners are the ones exploiting the native population. Do they think that any increases would be passed down to the coffee pickers? I really don't think that often happens. Third World countries are usually run this way. When fair trade is introduced, do the workers benefit or is it the employers and the government. How much would the coffee drinking public have to pay?

Fair Trade doesn't seem to work too well in US. How much competition would there be from other coffee producing countries? Nicaragua could get royally screwed in the process.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 05 Sep 2011, 22:15

Here's a little something I found interesting on the subject:

Economics

Transnational corporations such as Procter & Gamble’s Folgers, McDonald’s, and Starbucks now sell Fair Trade coffee, using their large consumer base and strong advertising campaigns to bring in Fair Trade consumers. Fair Trade activists[who?] are now concerned that the morally driven small Fair-Trade-oriented businesses are going to be pushed out of their original customer market.

When large corporations sell Fair Trade coffee, consumers are easily brought to the larger, well known companies for their Fair Trade coffee. This takes out the small coffee shops’ edge of selling consumer-oriented, special coffees like Fair Trade coffee and continues the success of big businesses in the coffee industry. As a result of Fair Trade’s elimination of the middle man, numerous jobs are removed from the market without the guarantee of finding another.[citation needed]

Ethics

Critics believe the Fair Trade certification is abused by marking up retail prices significantly, while only providing the growers with marginally higher prices. When large corporations like Wal-Mart can afford to sell Fair Trade coffee, and choose to do so as an economic decision for profit, many consumers see the gap between large corporations supporting Fair Trade coffee growers in other countries but in the meantime the same corporations do not pay their workers wages similar to their profits and often put smaller, local business owners out of work. Some smaller sellers of Fair Trade coffee, who sell Fair Trade coffee as more than an economic decision are losing their Fair Trade market to these larger companies and many have suggested that TransFair USA come up with a tiered labeling system so as to show that these small business owners are truly committed to Fair Trade and aren’t making the same larger profits off of the Fair Trade label that the large corporations can.

Another criticism is that the per-pound price for Fair Trade coffee is that of the 1990 International Coffee Organization price, which is only moderately above the cost of production. Fair Trade farmers make $0.20-$0.30 per pound of coffee they grow and sell and as a result do not make much profit off of Fair Trade like the final sellers do. While some argue that Fair Trade pushes under-empowered growers into forming cooperatives, creating islands of democracy in often autocratic regimes, others challenge the assumption that encouraging farmers to form cooperatives is a good idea. This is because co-ops can be just as corrupt as any other organization. In a system meant to eliminate middlemen that pitches itself as a direct connection to growers, co-ops add a level of bureaucracy between consumer and producer. The farmer doesn’t directly receive the $1.26 but instead receives whatever portion the co-op decides. Therefore, a corruptly managed co-op can mask the real price of coffees from individual farmers and turn a profit greater than that of the farmers themselves.

LINK

That's what I'm talking about... we don't know the "agenda" of some without researching the situation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 03:06

Nespresso made a statement and denied the claims of this "spoof"!

"We have been committed to responsible coffee sourcing and we intend to defend Nespresso's integrity and reputation."

Read the article at the link below:
LINK

Back to top Go down

Post by laetval Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:55

link

Nespresso and NGOs have initiated a dialogue Solidar
09/12/2011 13:06 - Updated: 15:44

Solidar has created considerable buzz with its video parody that features a fake George Clooney and invites users to write him Nespresso uses for "fair trade coffee." The dialogue between Nespresso and Solidar is now underway.

The two sides met in Bern on Friday and will meet again. It took less than a week for the multinational is willing to discuss his concept of fair trade coffee with the small NGO Helvetas.

The video has all of parody: the same code image, the same music and ... almost the same George Clooney. Solidar in the campaign, however, a dead ringer for the actor manages to avoid a piano falling from the top of the building, but not the panel Nespresso. And the ironic comment: "Sorry, George, but operated a coffee producer feels the same as you." Users are then encouraged to write a mail to the real actor that promotes Nespresso coffee to produce "fairer".

A campaign to 15,000 francs

The clip was viewed over 600,000 times since last Sunday. George Clooney in 30,000 mails were received by Solidar. The success is impressive for a video campaign that cost 15,000 Swiss francs only. Success is also political in that a meeting took place between Nespresso and Solidar last Friday, meeting after which it was agreed that an independent study would be launched to compare the different labels Fair Trade coffee. The quality of these labels is the bone of contention in this case.
Nespresso reacts on the Internet

A few hours after the launch of the viral video, the coffee giant has tried to react and counter the buzz. Nespresso Twitter profile has started to respond personally to each person who turns a small video message with a link to a news release. Another link also refers to the interview with the director of a Colombian NGO. She explains that Nespresso is the company that "rewards the best in Colombia" and that this has a direct impact on the income of farmers.

The message was sent to thousands of Twitter users since last Sunday, but said nothing Nespresso on his Facebook page - which nearly one million two hundred thousand users have subscribed. Nor is there in front of his official website. You have to go behind the scenes to discover its communication.
The title of the clip irritates

Note that the multinational has obtained, in turn, that Solidar changes the title of the clip, "The video Nespresso wants to ban" with a less provocative "video shocking Nespresso." The dialogue is open and both parties will now set a schedule for review.
laetval
laetval

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 14 Sep 2011, 20:57

well
something happen
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down