George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
»  George filming new film in UK
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:39 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

» What Happened?
Confessions of a Dangerous Mind EmptyTue 27 Feb 2024, 10:51 by annemariew

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

+14
Donnamarie
Nicky80
Mazy
Joanna
melbert
Dexterdidit
MM
blubelle
lucy
it's me
cindigirl
pattygirl
fluffy
Katiedot
18 posters

Go down

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Empty Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Post by Katiedot Wed 17 Aug 2011, 13:40

All I can say is if you don't have it, then get it!

From High def disc

2002 film “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind” on Blu-ray in November

August 16, 2011 – 7:10 AM - Posted by: Justin Sluss

In an early alert to retailers Miramax (distributed here by Lionsgate) has made public their plans to bring the 2002 George Clooney​ directed film “Confessions of a Dangerous Mind​” starring Sam Rockwell​, Drew Barrymore​ and George Clooney himself to Blu-ray Disc on November 1st. Tech specs for the release have not yet been detailed and the title is not yet available for pre-order over at Amazon but stay tuned. The bonus materials set to be included on the release are listed below.

•Audio commentary
•Deleted scenes
•“The Real Chuck Barris” documentary
•Sam Rockwell’s original screen test

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Empty Re: Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Post by fluffy Wed 17 Aug 2011, 13:54

I have seen this on tape! But it is very good, didn't think I would like it, but George does do the unsual which I kinda like. Can't say too much or it will spoil things, but the moustache does it for me!!!! lip smack
fluffy
fluffy
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 14:02

fluffy wrote:I have seen this on tape! But it is very good, didn't think I would like it, but George does do the unsual which I kinda like. Can't say too much or it will spoil things, but the moustache does it for me!!!! lip smack

Thought it was very well done, and love George when he does low key roles for fun. Great job on a zany story. Moustache is okay, fits the part but I like it better when I can see "all of him".
pattygirl
pattygirl
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 14:08

I have the dvd but don't watch it because he looks so much like a doufus with the moustache. This facial addition looks fine on Tom Selleck but definitely not on him. IMO
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 17 Aug 2011, 14:09

great film Razz cheers Basketball lip smack
it's me
it's me
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Aug 2011, 15:13

I liked this movie. The last shot of George was awesome! - George with facial hair or without is fine with me. He’s hot either way. There’s a couple of pic’s I’ve seen where he didn’t look “put together” with facial hair and I didn’t care for that… but if you look at me right now, I’m not all that “put together” either, haven’t curled my hair yet. I love him with clean lines, like my avatar. Ah… makes my heart quiver.

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 15:43

They're bringing the 2002 Confessions movie back to dvd. This is funny, George has said that sometimes movies don't do that well in the beginning but down the line they get recognized. This could become a cult favorite?

Maybe here's hope for Batman yet? LOL
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 16:03

I think his fans are his cult. Look at "Out of Sight" didn't get great boxoffice back in the day and now it's considered a great love story.
Batman and Robin may make it yet, if for no other reason that it's "campy". Bringing Confessions out on BluRay is a smart move, it is different/zany. I think the moustache gave George the look he was going for, not romantic but covert.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 16:12

The love scene in Out of Sight (at the bar and of course later) with G and Jennifer Lopez was considered one of the best all time love scenes. I think they had great chemistry in that film (although I heard they aren't the best of friends in real life).
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Wed 17 Aug 2011, 16:15

Listen to the audio commentary if you haven't already, it's a real treat with George and Grant. Love the part when they talk about Krista, you can hear lust in George's husky voice. This film really impressed me, made me realize just how talented George is, I could never understand why it didn't do well first time around.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by blubelle Wed 17 Aug 2011, 16:34

I agree Lucy. It was his first time as a director. The critics did like it but I guess the public liked him as a sex symbol. I do! Give Flowers
blubelle
blubelle
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by MM Wed 17 Aug 2011, 17:01

fluffy wrote:I have seen this on tape! But it is very good, didn't think I would like it, but George does do the unsual which I kinda like. Can't say too much or it will spoil things, but the moustache does it for me!!!! lip smack

I prefer George to be clean-shaven. Facial hair doesn't look that good on him.
MM
MM
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by pattygirl Wed 17 Aug 2011, 18:23

I agree with you MM got the most part. I've only seen one group of pictures of George with facial hair that I thought was good. He was much younger. I don't even remember where I saw them. I've got to do some research and if I find them, I'll post.
pattygirl
pattygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 17 Sep 2011, 07:57

This was posted on IMDb a week ago. Sam Rockwell's screen test:

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Sat 17 Sep 2011, 08:57

I'm not a facial hair kind of girl and I don't think the caterpiller on his top lip does much for him in this movie. But I have seen this a couple of times and I actually really enjoyed it. Drew Barrymore didn't turn out half as annoying as she usually does!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sat 17 Sep 2011, 14:11

I don't really like the movie but enjoyed the commentary on the dvd. George put his "all" into this film and seemed to enjoy making it. Yes, he did pay a lot of attention to Krista in the swimming pool. This may have been when he was dating her.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 17 Sep 2011, 16:27

Yes, Cindi, that was during the "non"-Krista time! lol
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 18 May 2012, 12:33

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Fri 18 May 2012, 13:07

great movie! I love you I like it
very much !!!

first amazing effort
and sooo Very Happy good! Thumbs up!
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 19 May 2012, 01:30

I enjoyed Confessions. Got lost a couple times, but still enjoyed it.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Sat 19 May 2012, 06:24

so see it again! Wink
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sat 19 May 2012, 16:31

Oh sure It's Me!! You just want me to get lost again!!!!!
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 May 2012, 12:20

Lighthearted Interview with Sam & George
about Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 28 May 2012, 12:28

George talks about directing himself
in Confessions of a Dangerous Mind

Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Thu 24 Oct 2013, 23:43

look!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

made me wanting to see it again

loved me too Very Happy very much

it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Mazy Fri 25 Oct 2013, 04:43

Mazy
Mazy

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 18 Dec 2014, 18:24

Nice pics in this article :-)

Spotlight on George Clooney

Confessions of a first-time director

Wednesday December 17, 

George Clooney has starred in over 35 films, been nominated for 8 Oscars, won a Best Supporting Oscar for his role in Syriana and shared the Best Picture Oscar for producing Ben Affleck's Argo. He's also been nominated as a screenwriter, a director and is a man that finds himself in the news as much for his love life as for his political activism and humanitarian efforts. Talent, drive, passion and charisma seem to flow through his veins which results in him being one of the world's biggest celebrities. And just as Clooney has the ability to earn the audience's trust on screen, he's certainly proved that he's to be trusted behind the camera too. This all started with his directorial debut, Confessions of a Dangerous Mind starring Sam Rockwell, Drew Barrymore, Julia Roberts, Michael Cera and of course, himself. 

In an interview with About.com, Clooney reveals his interest in telling the biographical story about the life of popular game show host and producer Chuck Barris, who claimed he was also an assassin for the CIA. Clooney, a fan of the films from the mid-60's to mid-70's wanted to tell a story that was entertaining and would also leave audiences talking long after the credits rolled. Many directors were attached to the film before Clooney came on board and he had to do a lot of work to convince everyone he was the guy for the job. Initially he didn't want to direct but because he was already cast in it and production was 8 weeks out from shooting, Clooney decided he would assemble a team and the financing because he didn't want to see the whole thing fall apart.
My father had a game show when I was growing up called "The Money Maze." I know what those sets look like. I showed the guy how to do cue cards. I grew up on them, and knew what it looked like and smelled like. And I know something about some of the trappings of fame, so I thought I had a unique take on it. But a lot of the pitch was about budget.
Sam Rockwell was not a big name when he was cast to play Barris but Clooney didn't care. He didn't want the biggest name, he wanted believability.
I just think you should have the right actor in the right role. Period. And Sam looks like him. Sam is one of the best actors I know, and actors are very aware of Sam and have been very aware of him for a long time. He's due. And most of all, he was the right actor for the role. He was the right physical type. He's a wonderful actor. I couldn't be more pleased with his performance in this role.
Watch this fantastic scene between Clooney and Rockwell where Barris is 'recruited' to be a part of the CIA.

Directing a feature film is an extreme undertaking for anyone, let alone a first-time director. Clooney knew that and surrounded himself with some of the most talented people working in the industry, including Oscar-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman and his DP, Tom Sigel. Often, the question asked once the film is locked is 'How close is the final product to the original vision?' Here's what Clooney had to say.
I storyboarded every shot in every scene, and we shot every one of those storyboards. Tom Sigel and I were saying that the funniest thing is it's actually pretty close to what we started with in the very beginning. We sat around and we drew up all of those transitions. We planned all of it out. It's the way we want this to look. We started with the color palette in the very beginning. We thought in order to go back in time, most people remember things through film. I don't remember the 50s - I wasn't around for them - I know the 50s through Technicolor. Not Technicolor as it was shot, but Technicolor as it has faded now. So we started pulling out old films and old "LIFE" magazines and looking at colors that fade first. We started to try and paint all the sets and the actors, everyone, different colors, so we could desaturate certain colors out, and then paint them back in later. We focused on that for the 50s. For the 60s, we focused on very lensy sort of shots. Rack focuses and zooms, and things like. When you watch a Western in the 60s, you just all of a sudden see the lens moving like crazy. It reminds you of the 60s. We shot the 70s, most of that stuff handheld. We thought that reminded you of the rough-hewn feel of the handheld, and the presence of the camera in the room. Those kinds of things were also part of the shooting of it. Because we built the transitions in, we weren't able to really edit them out. You sort of hem yourself in to using the things that you shot.
Though this is a biopic based on Barris according to Barris with many skeptics questioning the validity his story, Clooney wasn't interested in discovering the 'truth'.
It was important for me not to ask him the question when I met him. I thought it was incumbent on me not to ask him. I wanted to be able to tell the story, true or not. I wanted to be able to say I think it's a really fascinating story - if it's not true - that someone as successful as Chuck Barris felt the need to write that story. So I felt it was important not to know the answer. I have opinions on it, and I sort of lay some of them on.
If Clooney, Roberts, Rockwell and Barrymore didn't get you to check this film out when it was released, we highly recommend checking it out now. And don't just take our word for it, watch this video from the former MTV Host and journalist, Kurt Loder as he emphatically describes Confessions as "the greatest movie ever made." 

Check out Clooney the director in some behind the scene stills from the set of Confessions 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Thu 18 Dec 2014, 20:49

Wow.....that's a great endorsement.
Coolio

That should cheer George up somewhat
if he still feels "down" about Monuments Men !
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Wed 24 Dec 2014, 04:38

This is still one of my all-time fave Clooney films, even though he's not in it very much.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 24 Dec 2014, 08:54

great film indeed Very Happy
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 22 Apr 2015, 02:29

Watched this movie last weekend for the second time.  I was so impressed with George's skills as a director in this one.  Very stylized.  Loved his use of lighting and the camera techniques he used to change the visual look of the film.  He talked about that earlier in this thread. 

This dark, kinda crazy comedy gets appreciated the more you watch it.  You see something the second or third time you watch it that you missed the first time around.
Rockwell is terrific and I loved George's understated presence. The mustache works.  Absolutely.  It's not about whether you like seeing G with one.  It's about the character he's playing.  It was the right look for him.
Anyway Im sure I'll watch again before the end of the year to discover something I didn't see this time around.  Guess I should just buy the DVD so I can watch the extras.  That's my 2 cents.   Wink
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 22 Apr 2015, 03:24

This is the one about Chuck Barris right? Yea, never seen it. Never want to. Can't stand Chuckie boy so a movie about him is just never gonna be on my watch list.

Oh, that and Mama Mia - somebody poke my ear drums out if I have to listen to an Abba song!

Ok went off topic but it's the truth!

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 23 Apr 2015, 03:03

Oh Lorna just because you're not a fan of Barris is not a good enough reason not to watch this film.  I'm not a fan of Barris. Well actually my personal take on him is indifference.  But you should watch it first because it's a George movie and he's always worth watching. Second George does a terrific job behind the camera.  In fact I would say his direction is more sophisticated than his work on Monuments Men.  Confessions is kinda wacky and weird.  It may have to grow on you.  But it's definitely worth your time.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 23 Apr 2015, 04:11

Donnamarie your comments are glowing but truly not enough to make me change my mind. But thanks for trying! :-)
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 23 Apr 2015, 14:52

I believe this is easily George's best directorial work: over and above anything else he's done. Yes, I have hopes that he'll direct many more wonderful films in the future but if you want to see creativity and cleverness on screen, this is the one for you.

Has nothing really to do with Chuck Barris: think of it as an exploration of a mind that's gone very, very wrong.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 23 Apr 2015, 15:05

Rent the DVD and watch the Comments sections.  Great stuff- George narrating his thoughts as he directed his first project.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Apr 2015, 14:29

Oh yes, the commentary is well worth the watching.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 13 Oct 2015, 23:52

hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 13 Oct 2015, 23:55

I remember watching this soooooo long ago. My god... so many things has happened since then LOL

hathaross
hathaross
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 01 Apr 2016, 00:12

As a fan of this movie I enjoyed reading this ....

George Clooney takes an unusual look at the Cold War

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Fri 01 Apr 2016, 09:11

I remember that I didn't like 'Confession' when I first watched it. I needed to rewatch it to really get a feeling for it. And I just love it! It's so strange and unusual that - I guess - it's one of the 'you either hate it or love it' movies...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down