George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together”

3 posters

Go down

George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” Empty George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together”

Post by Admin Thu 23 Feb 2023, 20:12

Well, Arnie was a major star at the time and George, er, wasn't really.  I can't believe they didn't have even one scene together in the film - can that be right??

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together”

George Clooney reveals how Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid 20 times more than him in 'Batman & Robin’.

By Koimoi.com Team -February 23, 2023

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney Says Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid More Salary In 'Batman & Robin

‘Batman’ George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Earned ‘20 Times’ More Than Him ( Photo Credit – Wikimedia; Movie Poster )
George Clooney, the actor who donned the cape of Batman in the 1997 released ‘Batman & Robin’ movie was frustrated with Arnold Schwarzenegger for earning more than him. As both actors have earned a lot in the industry throughout their careers, they are undoubtedly one of the most influential actors in the world. However, they featured in ‘Batman & Robin’ which was directed by George Clooney and the movie was a sequel to ‘Batman Forever’.

The movie did not perform well at the Box Office and could not please the critics. It was often considered to be one of the worst superhero movies of all time for its weak plot and film’s depiction of female characters. Along with that, many also called out the movie for the underwhelming acting of the cast.

George Clooney recalled his time shooting ‘Batman & Robin’ and revealed that Arnold Schwarzenegger was paid $25 million for his role which was 20 times more than what he was paid. During a conversation on The Hollywood Reporter’s Awards Chatter podcast, he also added that they “never even worked together,” but he had to take all the heat.

“Schwarzenegger was paid, I think, $25 million for that, which was like 20 times more than I was paid for it, and, you know, we never even worked together! We worked together one day. But I took all the heat,” said the Batman actor George Clooney.

Due to the negative response that the movie got, George Clooney was unhappy because he had to take all the hate for the performance of the film while Schwarzenegger earned significantly more than him. Directed by Joel Schumacher, “Batman & Robin,” brought in about $107 million at the box office domestically when the production budget amounted to $125 million.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together”

Post by Ida Fri 24 Feb 2023, 00:04

I am not a fan of Batman movies in general.

However, Batman and Robin is not even a blip on my radar as far as bad movies go. I've seen far worse. Killer Tomatoes, anyone?

I always wondered why Clooney beat himself up so much over it, unless it simply didn't make the money they expected. As far as the salary discrepancy goes, I suppose Arnie was the more bankable star at that time. (Not in my opinion).

Ida
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together” Empty Re: George Clooney Reveals Arnold Schwarzenegger Was Paid 20 Times More Salary Than Him For ‘Batman & Robin’: “…You Know, We Never Even Worked Together”

Post by LizzyNY Fri 24 Feb 2023, 00:11

If they got the director wrong (it was Joel Schumacher, not George) then maybe the rest isn't too reliable either.

It's not that bad. It's good for a laugh or background noise while you're doing something else - and there are a few nice bits here and there.Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Ida likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down