George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”

+7
lelacorb
Katiedot
Merlin
melbert
bellybaby
Dexterdidit
laetval
11 posters

Go down

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” Empty To be taken lightly

Post by laetval Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:24

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Clooney in Venice with a film (and the new girl)

George Clooney will open the Venice Film Festival with his The Ides of March. Canalis does not comment on, but it sure will have a new girlfriend

George Clooney will open the exhibition at the Venice Film Festival. Its The Ides of March, of which he is an actor, writer and director, is taken from a play by Beau Willamon. It tells the story of a young political consultant (Ryan Gosling) who works on staff for the presidential campaign of a Democratic governor (Clooney himself). The film will be released in the U.S. on October 7. In an interview with La Repubblica, Clooney says he is convinced that the Italian critics and the public are more sensitive to this film, because in Italy "the policy proceeds in a scandal and another for centuries." The existential question is whether the film is right to sell his soul to win.

The actor also said he never thought about entering politics because, as author of film can speak openly and say what they think without having to respond to other viewers.

Clooney says he feels a great time in 50 years because they must do more than pretend to be young. Elisabetta Canalis on his ex does not want to comment ("I like the politicians"), but welcomes it: "We'll see in Venice: I am the one with the tuxedo and a new girl."
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” Empty Re: George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”

Post by Dexterdidit Thu 14 Jul 2011, 12:40

I think someone is projecting there own thought George would never say with a new girl! He doesnt acknowledge them when they are with him! LOL I think the writer is trying to add some interest....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” Empty Re: George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”

Post by laetval Thu 14 Jul 2011, 13:03

George Clooney: "With my film denouncing the corrupt politicians"

Venice will open as a director of "The Ides of March", the story of a Democratic candidate in the race for the White House. "I in politics? Never. By film I feel free to say whatever I want, I answer only to the public"

CANCUN (Mexico) - Presence now fixed at the Venice Film Festival, George Clooney, this year will have the honor to open the show. Not only as an actor but also as a director and writer of The Ides of March. A gesture of respect for the star American, half Italian for years, which is ending just in his villa in Como, the final stages of editing of the film.

The Ides of March, taken from the play by Beau Willimon, tells the story of a young political consultant (Ryan Gosling), a member of staff to the presidential campaign of a Democratic governor (Clooney). Philip Seymour Hoffman is the campaign manager, Paul Giamatti Republican Gosling that offers a crash course on the meanness of the political game. The film also stars Marisa Tomei, Evan Rachel Wood and Jeffrey Wright. It cost 12 million dollars, the film will be released in the U.S. on October 7. We talked about in preview with Clooney, who turned 50 last May and appears in good shape, in Cancun, Mexico, where Sony has organized an international meeting to launch its price.

Mr. Clooney, because the choice to debut in Venice?
"Venice brings me good. The film has liked to recruiters, I'm sympathetic to them, I hope, as for me, I am convinced that critics and audiences in Europe, the Italians in particular, are more related to this film, for taste and sensitivity, compared to the U.S., where the story develops, or other countries. When I turned Good Night, and Good Luck, a film in black and white on McCarthyism, I did not think could be of interest to the Venice Film Festival. Rather liked it very much. "

Besides the issue of corruption and byzantine political world is universal, is not it?
"Sure, just see what happens in France and Italy, where the proceeds from a political scandal and another for centuries, but also in the United States, Russia and Arab countries. The story of my film is set against the backdrop of elections in the Democratic primary, but focuses on a young consultant and the dilemma in which we find to sell your soul to win? This is the moral of the story. "

Cynicism and politics are inseparable, as told by the real movie?
"I do believe that those who have been more fortunate should help those without. But the biggest problem is the bias blind and stupid that is taking place today between Democrats and Republicans. Throughout American history, a period so vicious remember only during the Lincoln administration. Now a Republican can not even claim to have played golf with President Obama does not want to be immediately accused of treason. I hope that things will change. Besides, now we have the Internet, Facebook, Twitter, instant news, the global spread and no one escapes if it is some crap. And in Congress, I hope people will come more serious. "

Have you ever thought about entering politics?
"No, because as author of film I can talk openly and say what I think, without having to answer to anyone, except the paying public. When people stop buying tickets to movies, I'll stop. "

Inevitable question: What happened with Elisabetta Canalis?
"No, please do not. Excuse me so, no comment. I like politicians (laughs). And nobody is smarter than me to avoid these issues. "

What do you look for in a woman?
"I have no" ideal "woman. I like a person who shares with me the humanitarian effort, which has really want to get busy to help those in need. "

How do you feel in 50 years?
"Very well, and it seems much easier. Take 50 years has been a relief, I swear. I do not pretend to be younger and more handsome. We'll see you in Venice: I am the one with the tuxedo and a new girl. "
laetval
laetval
Clooney maximus fantasticus

Back to top Go down

Post by bellybaby Thu 14 Jul 2011, 14:56

JUst commented on this on the other thread.....sounds like he's saying it as a jibe towards Eli...?

bellybaby
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 15 Jul 2011, 00:59

If he said it, it was a joke! Bet Eli is unhappy about it when she hears. They really parted badly.
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 15 Jul 2011, 02:16

I believe he said it, and I also know it was said in George Clooney style. Then, of course, he had to denounce there was a new girl.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Fri 15 Jul 2011, 05:48

George has actually denied saying this according to Gossip cop! Seems like the reporter added the with a new girl part....
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Fri 15 Jul 2011, 07:20

George Clooney is debunking rumors that he was planning to bring a "new girl" to the upcoming Venice Film Festival.

George says, "The Italian press, from Corriere Della Sera to TGCOM, Ansa, NewNotizie, Sky.it and even Vanity Fair are all running a story that quotes me as saying that I'm bringing a 'new girl' to the Venice film festival. I never made that statement and it's not true. It was made up to sell tabloid magazines. It's a ridiculous lie and should be corrected as publicly as it was originally written."

Clooney and ex Elisabetta Canalis just parted ways in June. The former couple said in a joint statement shortly after their breakup, "We are not together anymore. It's very difficult and very personal and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."
Merlin
Merlin
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie” Empty George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”

Post by Katiedot Fri 15 Jul 2011, 08:40

I know Merlin already posted this in the right thread but I thought it was important enough to have its own thread too for those who may not see it elsewhere.

From gossip cop

George Clooney Calls “New Girl” Report a “Ridiculous Lie”

12:52 pm, July 14th, 2011

George Clooney is blasting widespread reports that he plans to bring a “new girl” to the Venice Film Festival, telling Gossip Cop exclusively that quotes attributed to him in the Italian press and getting picked up worldwide are “a ridiculous lie.”

“The Italian press, from Corriere Della Sera to TGCOM, Ansa, NewNotizie, Sky.it and even Vanity Fair are all running a story that quotes me as saying that I’m bringing a ‘new girl’ to the Venice film festival,” says Clooney.

“I never made that statement and it’s not true.”

“It was made up to sell tabloid magazines,” adds Clooney. “It’s a ridiculous lie and should be corrected as publicly as it was originally written.”

Last month, Clooney split with Elisabetta Canalis.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:04

Katie, there's something odd about this statement because George accuses TG COM, Corriere della Sera and Vanity Fair to have reported this false news .La truth is that the interview has given him the "Republic", the Italian newspaper that he preferred because all the exclusive interviews in Italy he releases to this journal, probably because it has the same political orientation of George.
He can accuse Republica reported that he did not say but he can not accuse other sources have reported the news because all the sources that he accuses wrote in the article: as reported in the interview issued by the Republica Clooney.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by lelacorb Fri 15 Jul 2011, 12:23

Clooney: "In Venice with a new girlfriend"

The actor will open the Festival with his film "The Ides of March"

14/7/2011
"We'll see you in Venice: I am the one with the tuxedo and a new girl." George Clooney wanted to make a simple joke or is ready to present on the red carpet at her new flame remains a mystery, but the Hollywood star's farewell shows how the love story with Elisabetta Canalis is still an open wound.

A sentence pungent and provocative at the same time that George has given to the beautiful Republic. Maybe Clooney has seen Eli in Positano enjoys the company of old friends and could not resist the temptation. From the day of the press release announcing the break because the actor had not opened his mouth.

But he will open the exhibition at the Venice Film Festival Aug. 31 with the film "The Ides of March", which is an actor, screenwriter and director. The actor, who in the film is always hot a topic such as politics, says he never thought of taking that career.

Elizabeth on his ex does not want to comment further, but the desire to tease the world a glimpse of the gossip that games with Canalis have not yet closed.
lelacorb
lelacorb
Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to Clooney I go!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Jul 2011, 23:11

Melbert, I think G is letting us know that he kindly agrees with our recent request and he will remain since until October, LOL!

On a "serious" note: he was fast in denouncing it , wasn't he?

Back to top Go down

Post by sisieq Sat 16 Jul 2011, 01:35

Could he be bringing an old girl? scratch

sisieq
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jul 2011, 02:16

Old girl as an ex-girl or old as an "old" lady chick ?! lol! Love3

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Sat 16 Jul 2011, 11:44

He's probably so tired of all the stories from the press regarding Eli and him, now that he isn't her bf he's responding to mis-info.
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jul 2011, 19:49

I was just wondering if he was quick to deny a new girl because he is trying to reconcile with the Italian Queen.. What do you think?

She's been so low key right now...One wonders...

Back to top Go down

Post by cindigirl Sun 17 Jul 2011, 20:16

@LouisLane - She's been so low key right now...One wonders...

Because the NDA tooks so long to put together and I am sure it covered everything, I believe she's afraid to say anything. I really don't think he is trying to reconcile with her. Maybe a "new girl" would be his mother or niece. Although IMO he'd be smart to go alone or with Grant.
cindigirl
cindigirl
Happy Clooney-looney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Sun 17 Jul 2011, 23:43

I guesss he just wants the focus on his work, not on his private life.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:23

He has been know to double dip, but I would be surprised if they got back together for a second round so soon. Think he might need that space from being the boyfriend of exclusive relationship! Who here thinks Eli wants him back? Who thinks she's laying low because she's broken hearted,or because she realized going out on vaca with friends wasn't the image she needed right now, or is in mourning over the lose of her benefits?
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:25

I certainly hope so Natascha. IMHO, that's what he needs to do now. Forget "introducing" a new girl/contract/whatever. If he's got someone in his suitcase to fulfill his needs, fine. Just show up George, promote your films, give us some interviews and pics. THEN, you can flaunt your newest thang. I want to see your crinkle-eyed smile, hear your sexy voice and enjoy you WITHOUT somebody on your arm.

Lucy, she's mourning over the loss of the spotlight and the shopping sprees. She didn't love him for him, maybe just for his name.
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:37

Lucy, she's mourning over the loss of the spotlight and the shopping sprees. She didn't love him for him, maybe just for his name.
Yeah Right I would not be surprised if she tried to "apologize" to get back with him and show up at venice festival...I hope not!

Just show up George, promote your films, give us some interviews and pics. THEN, you can flaunt your newest thang. I want to see your crinkle-eyed smile, hear your sexy voice and enjoy you WITHOUT somebody on your arm.

that's what we hope Mel. It worked out well for Good night and good luck & Syriana. Love3

Back to top Go down

Post by Natascha Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:53

Right, and artist tend to be superstitious like: It worked last time, so it might work this time as well.

Natascha
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:54

Melbert wrote:

With all the “articles” that were coming out about George, which I think came from her side, you’re right, she didn’t love him! IMHO
And I still love your banter, Melbert! Give Flowers2

Oh, and I agree, George should go to the Festival alone or with Grant/cast. If he does have a little honey, he could keep her at home and celebrate later! Drink 2

Last edited by Cinderella on Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:59; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by lucy Mon 18 Jul 2011, 00:57

@ Well Natascha, let's hope your right and George stays superstitious for awhile!
lucy
lucy
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexterdidit Mon 18 Jul 2011, 01:13

I doubt George would go near Eli again no matter what she says she got some cash out of George. He won't let that happen again anytime soon. George has shown he can keep them hidden when he wants too and I think he will for a little while. He may even do what he did with Lisa and see someone but not walk any red carpets with them. It wasn't until the second time around Lisa got to go on the red carpet!
Dexterdidit
Dexterdidit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Jul 2011, 01:58

He won't let that happen again anytime soon. George has shown he can keep them hidden when he wants too and I think he will for a little while
Sometimes I have the impression he is more of a player than a private person... But then again, I don't know him... Basketball

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down