George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry

+2
annemarie
ladybugcngc
6 posters

Go down

George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry Empty George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 00:38

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

George Clooney Praises Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as a 'Really Wonderful, Loving Couple'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]©️ Jeff Spicer/Getty; Chris Jackson/Getty George Clooney Praises Meghan Markle and Prince Harry as a 'Really Wonderful, Loving Couple'
George Clooney has reiterated his support for his friend Meghan Markle.

The actor, 57, told a British morning show that she was just trying to “live her life,” but had to contend with “unkind” commentary and “unjust” media attention.

Speaking in Scotland, where he and wife Amal had received a donation for their foundation, he told Good Morning Britain: “I think it’s a little unfair at times when – I’ve seen it when the press can turn on you for sort of ridiculous reasons and for almost nothing, and it seemed to me to be a little unjust since [Meghan] hadn’t done anything except just happen to live her life.”

He added that the Duchess of Sussex, who is eight months pregnant, is “a really kind and smart and intelligent young woman.”

George also praised Meghan and Prince Harry as a “really wonderful, loving couple.”

“Most of it you can just shrug off and not pay attention to, but sometimes it’s unkind,” the star said.

[ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Good Morning Britain

✔️@GMB

[ltr]‘It seemed a little unjust, she hasn’t done anything except live her life - she’s a really kind, intelligent woman.’

George Clooney has told @GMB Meghan and Harry are a 'fun couple' and says Meghan's treatment has been ‘a little unfair’.

More from our chat later in the show.[/ltr]

12:02 AM - Mar 15, 2019

[ltr]

227 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy[/ltr]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]©️ Samir Hussein/WireImage Meghan Markle and Prince Harry | Samir Hussein/WireImage
The Clooneys attended Meghan and Harry’s royal wedding in May 2018 – and Amal also helped organize the Duchess of Sussex’s recent baby shower in New York City, flying her home on her private jet.

Earlier this year, the actor compared some of the treatment the Duchess of Sussex had endured to that received by Harry’s late mother, Princess Diana.

“They’re just chasing Meghan Markle everywhere, she’s been pursued and vilified,” Clooney told reporters at a press panel, according to Australia’s Who magazine.

“She’s a woman who is seven months pregnant and she has been pursued and vilified and chased in the same way that Diana was, and it’s history repeating itself.”

“We’ve seen how that ends,” Clooney said, Who magazine reported, in reference to Princess Diana’s fatal car crash in 1997 during which she was being chased by paparazzi.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]©️ Chris Radburn - WPA Pool/Getty Images Amal and George Clooney attend royal wedding | Chris Radburn - WPA Pool/Getty Images
George and Amal were among the guests at a special gala at Buckingham Palace this week for one of Prince Charles‘ charities – and the actor and director joked to the morning show that royal grandfather Charles was something of a party animal!

“Charles got really crazy and started dancing on the tables…I was surprised to see that. He had such good dance moves. Sir Tom Jones sang which was fun,” Clooney said. “It was actually a really great night.”
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry Empty Re: George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 00:42

So many news agents are talking about George Clooney's comments.  I'm surprised nobody in talking about it here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Very Happy ...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry Empty Re: George Clooney speaks on Royals Megan Markle and Prince Harry

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 03:32

George is  a fair man and believes in fairness. Something the paps don't seem to care about when it comes to Meghan.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 03:42

The press seems to be taken by George Clooney's remarks concerning the Duchess.  I just find that interesting...
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2019, 11:18

Er, hang on. Don't we already have this on another thread - George Clooney interview with ITV - where his comments were part of a bigger conversation?

Of course many papers and outlets will extrapolate the bits of the interview that will sell more...I found most of the other chat equally interesting

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Mon 18 Mar 2019, 12:41

George ..... less said, sooner mended...
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2019, 12:49

Quite, WWHS, and I think that's why he downplayed it and the interview was on a lot of other things...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 13:59

I agree George Clooney down played it, however there was more in the press about his thoughts on the Duchess than anything else he said in the interview.  I made a separate thread because so many news agents seem to highlight those comments.   Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Mar 2019, 14:09

Ladybug - Both George and Meghan Markle are international celebrities. People are interested in their lives. George is a star. Meghan is not only a new royal, but she is also due to give birth very soon. A story involving such well known people is bound to get press.

If you notice, most of the articles are just repeating the same thing over and over. Reading it once is enough.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2019, 14:12

Yep.

And my understanding of the Forum rules is that it's one thread, one story...........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 14:55

This thread highlights the comments George made about the new Royal and every news agent that picked up his comments.  

I also found it interesting not much was said on the forum about his comments regarding Prince Harry's wife, however every news agent found it worth repeating.  Little to nothing else George Clooney talked about in the interview seemed to be picked up in news feeds.

He said a lot of things in the interview, however his comments about the Duchess seem to be the highlight.  So, I thought it was worthy of its own thread.   Very Happy
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 15:19

Ladybug, we discussed what he said in the other thread. We all know the press can be unfair if it sells a paper and gets them hits on  the internet.

They are out to make money George's names brings people in and they make money.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 18 Mar 2019, 16:20

Ladybug - We all know the media covers George.  It's been going on for years and is the reason we know anything about him. It isn't a surprise and I'm a bit confused that you seem to find it unusually "interesting". I, for one, am much more interested in the content of the coverage than the fact that the coverage exists.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 16:35

Lizzy,

I found it interesting ALL the NEWS outlets picked his comments about the Duchess to focus on.

Other than his comments on the Duchess, news agents said little to NOTHING about the rest of George Clooney's interview.

Not much was said here about George Clooney's comments on the Duchess, so like news agents I made it a highlight.   Very Happy

This is ONE thread, I can't understand why the fact I chose to highlight this topic is a problem for you and others.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 17:03

They chose what was most gossip worthy basically. I saw what he said got it understood and agree she isn't being treated fairly.

We all see the paps will print anything they think will sell George and Meghan both know this. George simply said they were being unfair.

Not that it makes a difference they will continue to be unfair because it sells and gets hits and makes them money.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 17:17

Well Annemarie,

I'm over -the- moon that George Clooney continues to show his support for the Duchess.

And whatever the motive, I'm over the moon that George Clooney's support for Prince Harry and his Wife is covered by every mainstream news agent, fox, nbc, abc as well as pop news.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 17:34

George simply likes people to be treated fairly I don't see him having a motive for speaking up for her. I think the fact that
she is pregnant had a lot to do with him speaking out . The stress must be really great and it is all unnecessary.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Mon 18 Mar 2019, 18:06

George’s motive is that he considers Harry and Meghan good friends. Any good friend of George’s who might get what he considers to be unfair media coverage would probably be defended publicly by George ... IMO.

This is the second time George has publicly made a point of speaking up for Meghan. We covered that story too .... I think over month or so ago.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 18 Mar 2019, 18:08

We all agree, but why on earth not put it in the thread already started!?

Same story but for some reason two threads. Given the amount of coverage saying exactly the same thing and then highlighting it in one article doesn't encourage any more response - apart from the one you've had I guess

Last edited by party animal - not! on Mon 18 Mar 2019, 18:09; edited 1 time in total

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 18:09

annemarie wrote:George simply likes people to be treated fairly I don't see him having a motive for speaking up for her. I think the fact that
she is pregnant had a lot to do with him speaking out . The stress must be really great and it is all unnecessary.
Motive?  You stated speaking of the press: "They chose what was most gossip worthy basically".

You were referring to the press, right?

I'm simply stating whatever the motive of the press is I'm over the moon George Clooney's support for the Duchess has been covered across the globe.  Even though his support has been covered by gossip magazines is not gossip.  We seem to agree, it's a testament to his character.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by ladybugcngc Mon 18 Mar 2019, 21:23

party animal - not! wrote:We all agree, but why on earth not put it in the thread already started!?

Same story but for some reason two threads. Given the amount of coverage saying exactly the same thing and then highlighting it in one article doesn't encourage any more response - apart from the one you've had I guess
PAN, I explained in an earlier comment why I made the thread.

I can not understand why you have a problem with this thread.
ladybugcngc
ladybugcngc

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down