George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'"

+3
Donnamarie
LizzyNY
Admin
7 posters

Go down

Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" Empty Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'"

Post by Admin Wed 28 Mar 2018, 05:28

Awww, George Clooney on 'Roseanne' again?  Now THAT would have been fun!  But I can understand why he said no.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[center][size=40]Roseanne Barr Says George Clooney 'Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival: 'That Was a Bummer'

March 27, 2018 10:15 PM

Though he made a lasting impression on the original Roseanne series, George Clooney turned down the offer to return for the reboot.

Hours before the revival premiered Tuesday on ABC, Roseanne Barr revealed the actor, 56, declined a possible cameo after playing Booker Brooks, the Wellman Plastics supervisor/foreman of Roseanne and Jackie (Laurie Metcalf), in 11 episodes when the series first aired in 1988.

“Well, George Clooney didn’t want to come on — so that was a bummer, but he lives in Italy,” Barr, 65, told Howard Stern on his Sirius XM radio show.

“He’s said some really silly things about me, but I still love him,” she said about Clooney, 56, who went on to play Doug Ross on ER in 1994.

[url=https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/link/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fpeople.com%2Ftv%2Froseanne-barr-george-clooney-didnt-want-to-come-on-reboot%2F&media=https%3A%2F%2Fpeopledotcom.files.wordpress.com%2F2018%2F03%2Fgeorge-clooney-roseanne.jpg&description=Roseanne Barr Says George Clooney %27Didn%27t Want to Come on%27 <em>Roseanne<%2Fem> Revival%3A %27That Was a Bummer%27][/url]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney and Roseanne Barr
ABC Photo Archives/ABC via Getty

During the interview, Barr also recalled a time when Clooney got her in trouble with network executives back when Roseanne landed at the top of the ratings chart.
At the time, ABC gifted the cast a giant chocolate that was shaped in the number one. Clooney suggested Barr smash the confection with a baseball bat because he thought she deserved a better celebratory present.

According to Barr, Clooney took a photo of the dessert demolition and she sent the picture to the then-president of ABC.

“That caused a lot of problems for me. I should not have sent that picture,” she told Stern, adding, “But it’s so funny.”

Barr along with Metcalf, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, Lecy Goranson, Michael Fishman and Sarah Chalke each reprise their roles as the Conner family returns to the screen.
Roseanne airs Tuesdays (8 p.m. ET) on ABC.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" Empty Re: Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'"

Post by Admin Wed 28 Mar 2018, 05:37

And then this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How George Clooney ‘Caused a Lot of Problems’ for Roseanne Barr During ‘Roseanne’s’ Heyday
Roseanne Barr and George Clooney had a fun working relationship during the first season of “Roseanne” back in 1988 — but that doesn’t mean the actor didn’t cause “problems” for the titular actress.

Speaking on Howard Stern’s Sirius XM show on Tuesday, Barr recalled Clooney’s prankster tendencies on set. When the show reached No. 1 in ratings — beating out “The Cosby Show” — ABC sent Barr a giant chocolate bar shaped like a #1. But Barr said Clooney, who played Booker Brooks on the show’s first season, suggested they smash the bar and send pictures to the network president because he knew other actors received much nicer gifts than candy. Barr said she obliged.

“That caused a lot of problems for me. I should not have sent that picture,” she said. “But it’s so funny.”

“[Clooney] goes, let’s go out, and I’ll throw it … and you hit it with a bat and then we’ll send the picture to the president of the network,” she continued.

“The show went to No. 1 in its third episode,” Barr added. “It premiered in the Top 10, though.”
The comedian recalled that Clooney teased her willingness to push executives’ buttons.

“George always would … when I’d go to my dressing room every day, it would say ‘Sandy Duncan,'” Barr said, referring to the actress who took the spot of Valerie Harper on Season 2 of “The Hogan Family.”

“Didn’t Valerie Harper get fired from her own show?” Stern asked. “And you were always thinking you would get fired from your own show?”

“Oh, I knew they could do it if they wanted to,” Barr said.

As we know, she didn’t get fired, and the revival premieres tonight.

Listen to the full interview here.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'" Empty Re: Roseanne Barr Says "it's a bummer" that George Clooney "Didn't Want to Come on' RoseanneRevival'"

Post by LizzyNY Wed 28 Mar 2018, 13:39

Did anyone see the show last night? I'm curious to know what you think.  To me it felt like they haven't quite found their groove yet - a little stiff and trying a little too hard. I can't think of any valid reason for George's character to reappear except as a gimmick to get George on the show. I hope it gets better because Laurie Metcalf and John Goodman are two of my favorite actors and I'd love for them to have a hit.

(I also hope they change the time slot. It's up against NCIS, which is one of my favorite shows. Not sure I'm willing to give it up for Roseanne.)
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 28 Mar 2018, 14:38

I’ve never been a fan of Roseanne Barr and never watched her show.  I remember George recalling a nasty (come on) comment Roseanne made to George while he was on the show and I got the impression he wasn’t that happy with his time or the role he had on the show.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 28 Mar 2018, 14:41

Much prefer 'Will and Grace'. Seems a lot more relevant

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Wed 28 Mar 2018, 15:48

I wonder if her love of Trump is one of the reason's he wouldn't do the show .

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Wed 28 Mar 2018, 16:20

Donnamarie wrote:I’ve never been a fan of Roseanne Barr and never watched her show.  I remember George recalling a nasty (come on) comment Roseanne made to George while he was on the show and I got the impression he wasn’t that happy with his time or the role he had on the show.
What did she say?

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Wed 28 Mar 2018, 16:34

I think she propositioned him - pretty crudely, if I remember correctly. I got the impression even though he wasn't interested, he thought it was funny.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Wed 28 Mar 2018, 22:46

Hmm, I hadn't heard that story. I can imagine it being crude and funny, though.

This show doesn't need George's character. And judging by the ratings, it doesn't need George, either.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 29 Mar 2018, 00:20

George said the first time he met Roseanne she said something to the effect - Hey you are really good looking. Why don’t you take me behind the stage and make me stink. And yea, he did think it was funny.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Thu 29 Mar 2018, 00:57

Oh well, she tried lol!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 29 Mar 2018, 01:21

Doug Ross wrote:Oh well, she tried lol!
  Very Happy Damn straight. Wouldn't we all?

Way2Old - Agreed. The ratings were apparently excellent.

PAN - Interesting that you find Will and Grace more relevant. I used to love the show but haven't been able to get back into it. Not sure why. I've especially found Sean Hayes' character irritating, which I never did before.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down