George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyToday at 01:05 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyToday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish?

+13
melbert
Tulips
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
it's me
hathaross
Alisonfan
PigPen
annemarie
fava
Donnamarie
Had.e6
party animal - not!
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? Empty George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish?

Post by party animal - not! Sat 05 Mar 2016, 21:20

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Possible - he's in Las Vegas to speak at the Adobe conference just before this..........

[size=39]Hillary Clinton In Los Angeles March 24 But George Clooney Fundraiser Date Not Yet Set: Update[/size]

UPDATED 2:35 PM George Clooney is going to be hosting a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton for sure, but it will not be on March 24, an insider tells me. The plan for the Big Ticket hootenanny hosted by the Hail, Caesar! star is still a work in progress with a solid date looked to be announced in the next couple of weeks, at most.

PREVIOUS 11:21 AM Just over a month after the last time she was in town grabbing for some dough from Hollywood donors on February 22, Hillary Clinton is coming back to L.A. on March 24 for a trio of events – which could include a George Clooney hosted fundraiser.

Sources tell me that plans are in motion for the Oscar winner to host a deep pocket event for the ex-Secretary of State in the very near future. However, they say nothing has been locked in yet and a possible March 24 event could be moved from the end of this month to a later date.

While not expected to bring in anything like the wallet bursting $15 million that The Idles Of March star helped raise for President Barack Obama back in May 2012, any Clooney shindig could be a big boost for the Clinton campaign – optically and financially.  Even though he’s coming in second in the overall delegate count during the primaries, fellow Democrat and nomination rival Bernie Sanders has been out performing Clinton in raising cash in recent months. While Clooney himself has told the UK press he is doing a yet undated Clinton event, reps for the actor did not respond for comment about the potential March 24 fundraiser.
In what will be her eighth trip out to the Hollywood ATM since formally announcing her candidacy last spring, Clinton is for sure scheduled to attend at least one “Evening With Hillary” event on March 24 – likely in downtown L.A. Coming two days after the Dems’ Utah and Arizona primaries and the Idaho caucus, tickets for that fundraiser are ranging between $250 and $1,000. That’s a bit on the low end for Clinton events, where prices commonly go up to the individual primary max of $2,700 and way up to $27,000 for co-hosting and more privileges. No word if Clinton will be dropping by any Hollywood productions like she did on her visit here last month when she slipped on to the set of Scandal for what became a social media lovefest.
A bit closer to home, at least on the calendar, Clinton is set to debate Sen, Sanders on Sunday night on CNN in Flint, Michigan, just 2-days before that state’s primary. The next day, the former First Lady will be on Fox News Channel with the Vermont Senator for a town hall in Detroit.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Mon 07 Mar 2016, 20:20; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? Empty Re: George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish?

Post by Had.e6 Sat 05 Mar 2016, 21:50

"Source tell" ...  No No No No No George Please NO , It is just a prediction since George clearly not in Trump's side  . No one from her campaign confirmed that or even talked about it .
Had.e6
Had.e6
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish? Empty Re: George Clooney fundraiser for Hillary in LA March 24-ish?

Post by party animal - not! Sat 05 Mar 2016, 22:00

Maybe they haven't, but he has. Announced he was doing a fundraiser in one of his interviews published a couple a days ago.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 06 Mar 2016, 02:54

Deadline updated their story a few hours ago. Seems that the date of the fundraiser is still a "work in progress" and will not be on March 24th. A date for the fundraiser will be announced in the next couple of weeks.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 06 Mar 2016, 18:49

No surprise-- he has said he will support Hillary.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sun 06 Mar 2016, 19:20

George has made it quite clear he supports Hillary.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 17 Mar 2016, 20:07

The latest from People Mag

Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 17 Mar 2016, 22:44

Okay. No problem.

Who's got the odd $33,400 for a ticket?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Fri 18 Mar 2016, 18:58

oh goodie... George is having a fund raiser for Hillary, just as he did for Obama- and look what a great job he's done Sad

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 18 Mar 2016, 20:53

PigPen wrote:oh goodie... George is having a fund raiser for Hillary, just as he did for Obama- and look what a great job he's done Sad

IMO I think Obama has done a very good job despite the obstacles he has had to deal with. But like I said just my opinion.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alisonfan Fri 18 Mar 2016, 20:55

Expense for fan.He invite 1 or 2 fans?

Alisonfan
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 18 Mar 2016, 20:56

He's not inviting anybody. Hillary Clinton is....

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 21 Mar 2016, 15:54

Guys, I can´t find the link and rules for the fundraiser. Do you have it? 

I hate, as always, that US non residents can´t take part of any of this things. I understand this one though  because is for Hillary Clinton campain.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:32

I'll see if I can find it, Hathaross, but in the meantime George has just released this:

'Hillary is the only grown-up in the room'............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:38

Ok,thanks.  Hug1
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Mar 2016, 17:52

Like this headline:

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:12

Not exactly. I read the rules days ago, somewhere, but I have not idea where.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:28

No i know that's not them, but just liked the article.........'and the good thing is I'm not cooking'.........

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:32

March or April ?
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:52

party animal - not! wrote:No i know that's not them, but just liked the article.........'and the good thing is I'm not cooking'.........

Oh yeah, that´s fun !! LOL He better serves Casamigos Razz
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 21 Mar 2016, 18:54

I just read a few of the  comments in the 'People' article and realized how much hate there is in many of those comments. It's the same here in Germany, and I mean, we all know how politics works. It's based on compromises - as long as you don't live in a dictatorship - because there are always different interests that have to be considered. 

Many people seem to be so radical, and I just don't understand why.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Mon 21 Mar 2016, 19:09

I´ve also read them. There is always haters, but when it´s about politics seems that there are more poeple commenting. 
I don´t pay attention to them, manly when it´s about politics or religion. 

It´s like with Amal, you can still read many mean comments. You can´t like a person, even if you don´t them (a thing that I don´t share), but from that to write bad things about them....... People have hate in their hearts, or an empty life, or how knows.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Mon 21 Mar 2016, 20:36

IMO the thing to remember is that there are millions and millions of people in the world. Compared to that, what are a few hundred - or even thousand - haters? They're like a drop of spit in the wind and the only power they have is the power we give them.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 21 Mar 2016, 20:44

Hathaross and Lizzy,
thanks for your responses!
I know that we don't always agree with ither people's opinions. I just don't understand the hate...
But you're right, I shouldn't pay attention to these mean comments.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Mar 2016, 22:23

They must be very, very bored, Carol, mustn't they?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Mon 21 Mar 2016, 23:03

party animal - not! wrote:They must be very, very bored, Carol, mustn't they?
I don't care for those who are bored. Or just too stupid. Last Sunday we had elections in three federal states in Germany, and this new party 'Alternative for Germany' was elected into all three parliaments. Manypeople said they voted for them to protest against the established parties and their politics. Then I saw one of our comedians (who's actually Canadian, by the way) who said that he thinks that's weird. He compared it with going to a bar oat the weekend to find a girlfriend, and when no woman wants you you end up in bed with the doorman Embarassed 

The ones who are really frustrated are another category in my opinion... because they expect that all their expectations will be fulfilled (if you just think about what Obama wanted to do - and he really had a hard time).
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Tulips Mon 21 Mar 2016, 23:37

George Explains Endorsement of Hilary Clinton in Email.

Tulips
Clooney Addict

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Mon 21 Mar 2016, 23:42

George and Amal's invitation to join them........

and it's for the winner and a guest...............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 22 Mar 2016, 02:31

George Clooney: Voting For Donald Trump Will “Prevent America From Being Great”
Truth rating: 10
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
George Clooney Donald Trump Hillary Clinton
By Andrew Shuster | 1:59 pm, March 21st, 2016

George Clooney slammed Donald Trump in an email sent by Hillary Clinton’s campaign on Monday. In his open letter to Clinton supporters, the actor not-so-subtly used the Republican presidential candidate’s own slogan against him while endorsing Clinton for president.

“If you listen to the loudest voices out there today, you’d think we’re a country that hates Mexicans, hates Muslims, and thinks that committing war crimes is the best way to make America great again,” Clooney wrote in his message directed at Clinton’s supporters. “The truth is that the only thing that would prevent America from being great would be to empower these voices.” Although he never uses the GOP frontrunner’s name, the actor is clearly taking a swipe at Trump and his “Make America Great Again” campaign slogan.

Clooney went on to describe Clinton as a “voice of tolerance and experience,” who’s “spent a lifetime fighting for the rights of the less fortunate.” The actor further expressed that if she were to secure the Democratic presidential nomination, Clinton would be “the only grown-up in the room.”

The Oscar winner also announced that he’ll be holding a contest in which a few lucky supporters can nab an invite to a star-studded fundraiser being hosted by the actor and his wife Amal at their Los Angeles home on April 16. Tickets to the event cost $33,400 per person, but Clinton’s backers can enter the contest by donating any amount of money to her campaign. “The good news is I’m not cooking,” Clooney joked at the end of his letter.
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Tue 22 Mar 2016, 02:46

hathaross wrote:Guys, I can´t find the link and rules for the fundraiser. Do you have it? 

I hate, as always, that US non residents can´t take part of any of this things. I understand this one though  because is for Hillary Clinton campain.

Here's the website Hathaross.

melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 22 Mar 2016, 12:02

Thanks melbert !!  Hug1 Hug1  

Then, even the guest has to be from US ??  That is totally unfair  Sad
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:13

hathaross wrote:Thanks melbert !!  Hug1 Hug1  

Then, even the guest has to be from US ??  That is totally unfair  Sad
Hathaross,
I absolutely agree with you Crying or Very sad
although it's understandable since it's a out electing Hilary. BUT just one question: Do you have to live in the U.S. to be allowed to elect? Or do U.S. citizens have the right to vote when living outside the U.S.?
Because otherwise it would just be a process to minimize the costs?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:23

It says: citizens or residents

And If you buy your own airline ticket? I would buy mine, no matter the cost.
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:33

Hathaross,
I wouldn't either. 
One thing I just realized when reading the article about George's mail again:
Did you notice that he didn't even mention Trump's name?
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by hathaross Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:38

He doesn´t have to. It´s to help Hillary in her campain. Less you mention Trump, better !! LOL
hathaross
hathaross

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 22 Mar 2016, 13:45

Hathaross,
I know. I just googled George's name and read many headlines "George Clooney bashes Trump" which he actually didn't do - at least not more than the other candidates, he just pointed out Hillary.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 22 Mar 2016, 14:48

Oh, he bashes Trump.  Just not by name, but it's clear who he is talking about.  Trump's slogan is "make America great again" so there is a clear reference.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 22 Mar 2016, 15:02

Fava,
I know that he meant him - I just think it's clever not to mention him. So nobody can blame him for that - although I'm sure they'll do it anyway...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Mar 2016, 15:37

carolhathawa wrote:Do you have to live in the U.S. to be allowed to elect? Or do U.S. citizens have the right to vote when living outside the U.S.?
Because otherwise it would just be a process to minimize the costs?
I've never done it, so I'm not sure how it works, but a US citizen outside the US can vote via absentee ballot.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 22 Mar 2016, 16:29

Thanks Lizzy,
I just checked the whole process on wikipedia. It's actually very complicated - at least for me who's quite involved in organizing elections in my hometown. And wikipedia confirms your suggestion that Americans who don't live in the States, can vote via absentee bullot. That's the same for us - except when we have elections for the European Parliament - there European citizens who live in another country inside the EU can choose whether they vote in the country they live in or in their native country.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 17:58

In her speeches and debates Hillary Clinton frequently will "bash" the other side (Republicans but mostly Trump) without mentioning any names. If she doesn't call him out by name then less of a chance that he will attack her back personally. Which he has on many occasions. If Trump becomes the Republican nominee for President and goes up against Clinton it will get pretty ugly.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Tue 22 Mar 2016, 18:04

...............vis-a-vis the raffled guests, can you imagine the outcry if one of the guests turned out to not be a US voter, or for that matter a Democrat one? That's not the idea at all!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 22 Mar 2016, 18:48

party animal - not! wrote:...............vis-a-vis the raffled guests, can you imagine the outcry if one of the guests turned out to not be a US voter, or for that matter a Democrat one? That's not the idea at all!
I doubt the vote matters as much as the campaign contribution.

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 20:43

Who knows. There could be a few Republican voters turning out for this affair. I think of spouses or significant others of the donors who might come and might be Republicans. Not that she plans on attending but I was under the impression Cindy Crawford was a Republican. She is supposedly a friend of one of the Romney sons. Read this somewhere during the 2012 election. Don't know what Rande is tho ......

And yes, it's the $33,000 and change that would matter the most. Me thinks. But I also wonder if there is a limit on attendance in terms of numbers.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 21:31

When he had the president there were 150 guests.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 22 Mar 2016, 21:42

Donnamarie - I would think there would have to be a limit on the number of guests, if only for safety's sake. His house is large, but even so you can only squish in so many people before it becomes a fire hazard. I'm thinking it's by invitation only - except for the contest winners.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 22:04

I think he tented the tennis court for the dinner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 22:34

Yes I think so too ... that there would be a limit on attendees.

And I remember that there was a tent pitched for the affair. Didn't Wolfgang Puck cater???
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 22 Mar 2016, 22:49

I'll answer my own question. Checked and yes Wolfgang Puck did cater the dinner.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 24 Mar 2016, 19:18

San Francisco dinner the evening before at the home of an Iranian immigrant entrepreneur & early Uber investor

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next