George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyToday at 10:30 by party animal - not!

»  George filming new film in UK
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyYesterday at 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Nespresso suing George lookalike advert EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Nespresso suing George lookalike advert

+5
Donnamarie
Katiedot
carolhathaway
Way2Old4Dis
party animal - not!
9 posters

Go down

Nespresso suing George lookalike advert Empty Nespresso suing George lookalike advert

Post by party animal - not! Mon 25 Jan 2016, 23:48

Love this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Nespresso suing George lookalike advert Empty Re: Nespresso suing George lookalike advert

Post by Way2Old4Dis Tue 26 Jan 2016, 04:17

Well, he does have gray hair and a black jacket.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Nespresso suing George lookalike advert Empty Re: Nespresso suing George lookalike advert

Post by carolhathaway Tue 26 Jan 2016, 06:27

Well, my father also has gray hair and sometimes wears a black suit, but there's no way he looks like George. And this guy doesn't either!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Jan 2016, 12:47

Nespresso sues Israeli rival over George Clooney lookalike advert

• Clare Hutchison
  • Friday 22 January 2016

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]  Star of the show: The actor in the Espresso Club advert has been likened to George Clooney Espresso Club/YouTube  
Nestlé's high end coffee brand Nespresso is reportedly suing an Israeli rival for using an actor with a resemblance to its own ambassador George Clooney in an advert.

Israel's Espresso Club put out an advert which shows a silver-haired Clooney lookalike walking out of a shop carrying what appears to be a Nespresso bag.

He is then stopped by a passerby who informs him of the benefits of Espresso club.

At one point a disclaimer flashes up on the screen saying the man in the film "is not George Clooney".

Nespresso Israel said it has taken legal action to "prevent customers from being misled", according to the Associated Press.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Inspiration? George Clooney is the star of Nespresso commercials (Picture: Getty Images) 
It wants the ad, which can be viewed on YouTube, to be taken down, as well as $50,000 (£35,127) in damages.
Espresso Club told the news agency that the tongue-in-cheek ad and the Clooney character were meant to target customers looking for a more "informal" coffee experience.
Nestlé did not immediately return the Standard's request for comment.
Espresso Club's lawyer Zohar Lande from Barnea & Co said in a statement the company was "confident that the Israeli Court will reject Nespresso's claim" and that the ad uses a "common practice" within the advertising world.
Nestlé has also been in court for another of its brands this week.
Its long-fought battle against Cadbury was dealt a blow when the High Court denied its right to trademark a four-finger chocolate bar, based on its KitKat, in the UK.
Nestlé has vowed to appeal that decision.

Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Jan 2016, 12:48

Well ok, he doesn't look exactly like George, but similar emough that anyone can see he's meant to make you think of George!

Watch the video (before it gets taken down).  This is a defiite copy cat ad in my opinion.  No idea why Nespresso are getting so upset over it, but I guess they've got no sense of humour.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 26 Jan 2016, 16:05

Although imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I think this was probably not a wise move by the Israeli company who put it out.  Nestle is a huge company.  They probably don't have a sense of humor when it comes to someone else trying to mess with their brand in any way.

Def looks like a copycat ad to me too.  The guy is attractive enough but I think when people try to impersonate George in any way it always falls flat so to speak.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Tue 26 Jan 2016, 16:20

It's a parody, it's clear. And funny, too.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Tue 26 Jan 2016, 16:21

Although imitation is the sincerest form of flattery I think this was probably not a wise move by the Israeli company who put it out.  Nestle is a huge company.  They probably don't have a sense of humor when it comes to someone else trying to mess with their brand in any way.

Def looks like a copycat ad to me too.  The guy is attractive enough but I think when people try to impersonate George in any way it always falls flat so to speak.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Tue 26 Jan 2016, 17:36

Yes, parody is the word I was looking for. But yeah, Nestle aren't noted for their humour. I guess the Israelis got confused with George (who I think would find this funny) and Nestle who definitely wouldn't.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Wed 27 Jan 2016, 05:20

IMO looks nothing like George.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Thu 28 Jan 2016, 03:54

Maybe from the back at 1,000 paces?  At night, with sunglasses on?
melbert
melbert
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 31 Jan 2016, 16:13

On German TV they said that Nestle suid the company before and lost. Now they try it a second time. And because the Israel company won the first time that's why they did it again. 
I wonder why they want to try it a second time. They give more publicity to the Israel company this way.
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down