George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyToday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney critizes Trump EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney critizes Trump EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney critizes Trump

+3
LizzyNY
carolhathaway
Silje
7 posters

Go down

Clooney critizes Trump Empty Clooney critizes Trump

Post by Silje Tue 15 Sep 2015, 09:37

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Not sure if this has been posted before but is has been a long time since any George article in the Daily Mail got this many comments. Over 1000 comments and of the ones I read a lot of them were critical of George.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Clooney critizes Trump Empty Re: Clooney critizes Trump

Post by carolhathaway Tue 15 Sep 2015, 11:37

I watched the Video of this press conference at the TIFF. George was asked by a Journalist (I think he was mexican) what he thought about Trump's Statement on mexican immigrants. Everybody knows that George's not a republican so what a surprise that he didn't like Trump's Statement.

The DM seems to bash George and Amal at the Moment. Yesterday they had this - in my opinion - ridiculous article about Amal only getting Clients because of her marriage to George and this article as well...

But I also found it interesting when I googled George's Name (which I sometimes do) that quite a few articles said in their Headlines "George called Trump an idiot" which is not what he had said.
carolhathaway
carolhathaway
Achieving total Clooney-dom

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Tue 15 Sep 2015, 14:34

carolhathaway - I watched the interview, too and know that A. George was only answering a question he was asked - not just offering his opinion out of nowhere. and B. He didn't call Trump an idiot (although he is) - he said Trump's statements were idiotic. When they say George is a 1%er and out of touch, I have to laugh. What do they think Trump is? He could buy and sell George 100 times over! Very Happy and there are few people on this planet more arrogant or entitled than Trump!

The mentality of the people who support Trump would be funny if it weren't so sad. These people are angry and frightened by everything in the world today. They want to go back to a time when they felt safe and everyone played by the same rules and had a good shot at attaining the "American dream".

They forget that the time they're dreaming of came about as a result of a war that traumatized the whole world. The opportunities open to people then came about  because so much of the world needed to be rebuilt and because the war had wreaked havoc on the work force of many nations.

IMO,  electing Trump might just give them the same opportunity again. His big mouth will antagonize any of the few allies we'll have left if we elect him and make everyone in the world hate us.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 15 Sep 2015, 15:20

Lizzy,
exactly!
I mean, what should he've said? And when I read a few of the comments it really made me sick what some people think.
We've got a similar situation in Europe at the moment. Many refugees come to Europe because they're - well they're refugees. Tgey come from Syria and from Africa, have been terrorized by Assad, by warlords and the IS, many of them die during their journey, and everything we worry about is our wealth! And then there's a photo of a little dead boy and suddenly everything changes! Nobody ever seems to have realized before that if you talk about hundreds of drowned people there were children as well!
Yes, there may be a few terrorists among them! But does that mean we have the right to say "No, go back!" to them? The people who joined the IS and came from Germany (which is my country so I can only talk about that) were Germans! Not even muslims sometimes! Isn't that weird?
The only thing we can blame anybody for is that we knew for a few years now what would happen - and nobody was prepared, no country had a well thought-out plan. So now fences are built which don't stop anybody, refugees are criminals and poloticians who say we have to take care of them are called traitor to their country. Remember: The EU got the Nobel Prize for peace just a few years ago and now everything seems to crash...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Tue 15 Sep 2015, 15:44

Just waiting for Trump to come back and go after George--he doesn't usually let things go. But maybe he is busy enough he doesn't have time to call everyone a loser.  Maybe he will revisit his "George is so short in person" comments?

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 15 Sep 2015, 17:11

I just thought if the DM has anything to do with Rupert Murdoch? Because George wanted to do a movie about the hack attack, yo it would be understandable that the DM wants to damage George's reputation...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Tue 15 Sep 2015, 21:54

The Daily Mail absolutely HATES George and his wife. They've been making up shut and launching attacks against both of them ever since George called them out for that disgusting article about how Amal should be killed for marrying outside her religion. Ever since then they've been coming after both Clooneys with guns blazing. The DM as George said at that time is indeed "the worst kind of tabloid". They stoop so effing low it is disgusting. And they have been going out of their way to find non-existent dirt on George and his wife.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Tue 15 Sep 2015, 22:01

Thanks kat,

I had thought about the connection George and Amal vs. DM, I knew I had read something. Now I remember what it was about. The DM apologized for their article later and George rejected it, didn't he?
I never understand why people even read this trash - and believe it which is much worse...
We've got similar tabloids and I wouldn't pay any money on them..
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:49

Nope, the Daily Mail is not a Murdoch publication, but it is the most widely read online newspaper in the world, so 24 hour 'news' coverage and endless copy writers, sub editors and I sometimes think work experience hacks. So tons of column inches to fill and different angles to spin from mostly nothing....and of course large numbers of 'clicks' on the name Clooney, so more copy to create.

........said a cynic........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 16 Sep 2015, 00:51

........keeps the shareholders and advertisers happy.........

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 16 Sep 2015, 06:25

Pan,
that's how the news business seems to work nowadays...
Pretty poor if you ask me!
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:20

Surfing I removed your post as it was off topic. This thread is about George, Trump, DM. Thanks.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Wed 16 Sep 2015, 20:32

fava wrote:Just waiting for Trump to come back and go after George--he doesn't usually let things go. But maybe he is busy enough he doesn't have time to call everyone a loser.  Maybe he will revisit his "George is so short in person" comments?

Oh yes I wonder how Trump will response. I'm sure he will. He needs the publicity because of the election

kat19 wrote:The Daily Mail absolutely HATES George and his wife. They've been making up shut and launching attacks against both of them ever since George called them out for that disgusting article about how Amal should be killed for marrying outside her religion. Ever since then they've been coming after both Clooneys with guns blazing. The DM as George said at that time is indeed "the worst kind of tabloid". They stoop so effing low it is disgusting. And they have been going out of their way to find non-existent dirt on George and his wife.

I don't think the DM hates him or her. They like the attention. When George gave the DM some heat they still make money as they got lot's of attention. It is all about attention. And really who remembers now. The DM knows after few hours everything goes back to normal. At least the DM was successfull. They got a reaction of George. I'm sure they try to provoke him again. It's not hate it is MONEY MONEY MONEY

carolhathaway wrote:Thanks kat,

I had thought about the connection George and Amal vs. DM, I knew I had read something. Now I remember what it was about. The DM apologized for their article later and George rejected it, didn't he?
I never understand why people even read this trash - and believe it which is much worse...
We've got similar tabloids and I wouldn't pay any money on them..

Sorry but we read it too Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

To be honest I like to read both the none tabloid and the tabloid once. In some situations, especially if it's political, the tabloid once are not scared to shout the shit out while none tabloids are more resereved how to judge situations. Doesn't mean the tabloid is right but I think it is healthy to read everything what is out there and then make your own conclusion. Of course you can only do that if you are intellegent enough hehehe Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by carolhathaway Wed 16 Sep 2015, 22:08

Nicky,
you got me!
I know we're talking about the German tabloid with four letters that I really refuse to read...
My kids go to a physio therapist once a week and then I have to wait 30 minutes. And unless I need to go to a supermarket I usually stay in the waiting area where there are a few magazines. It usualky takes me 10 minutes to flick through all of them because it's usually the same stuff: marriages (and rumors), new loves (and rumors), pregnancies (and rumors), divorces (and rumors)...
You can't imagine how much crap I read just about George and Amal over the last year...
So if I don't forget it I prefer to take my ebook reader or just an ordinary book...
carolhathaway
carolhathaway

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down