George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

+12
it's me
What Would He Say
Silje
Joanna
oldweston
Doug Ross
fava
LizzyNY
party animal - not!
kat19
Nicky80
LornaDoone
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 Empty Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 Jul 2015, 03:55

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 Empty Re: Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 Jul 2015, 03:57

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Clooney might sell his beloved Italian estate for 10 times what he paid

By Emily Smith

July 1, 2015 | 8:59pm

George Clooney might sell his beloved Lake Como estate at the end of the summer amid concerns over paparazzi constantly photographing him and wife Amal there.

Sources tell Page Six that Clooney is thinking of accepting an offer of as much as $100 million for his lakeside, 18th-century Villa Oleandra, which he bought from the Heinz family in 2002, reportedly for around $10 million.

The star is hugely popular in the northern Italy area — “He’s like the mayor of the lake,” a source said — but he’s troubled by the attention he gets when he’s at the gorgeous, cream-colored, shuttered mansion in Laglio. Photographers have recently caught George and Amal saying farewell to Robert De Niro after he and wife Grace Hightower came over for dinner. Then, this week, Clooney was photographed shirtless as he and Amal caught the sunset with a friend.

A source told us, “George loves the area and the people who live there, but is conscious of the attention he gets when he is in town. He has received a huge offer for the villa, which he is considering, and he would buy another, less accessible property in another area of Italy.”

In April, it was reported that Laglio mayor Roberto Pozzi had established a no-go zone around the Oscar winner’s villa and Villa Margherita next door, which Clooney also owns, and anyone caught snooping within 300 feet of the property would be fined $550.

In 2007, Clooney had considered selling the villa after then-mayor Giuseppe Mantero tried to turn a boat dock next to the house into a park “for viewing George Clooney’s place,” the actor said, adding that residents including himself signed a petition against the plan. Clooney told Australia’s news.com.au, “And I said, ‘If you want to go forward with this, and if it’s my fault that it’s happening, then I should leave.’ I don’t want their town being ruined.” The mayor ditched the plan.

Lakefront villas in the area rarely come on the market and it’s common for wealthy house hunters to make huge offers. Clooney’s rep didn’t respond to repeated requests for comment.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid  - Page Six July 1, 2015 Empty Re: Clooney Might Sell His Beloved Italian Estate for 10 Tiime What He Paid - Page Six July 1, 2015

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 04:43

That is bull he has already stated he is not bothered they have security. He loves that home and would never sell it.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Thu 02 Jul 2015, 05:19

annemarie he also said he'd never get married again. Never say anything is absolute in life. George has shown in the last year that his attitude about many things has changed.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 06:50

Oh bouy he should not sell it. He should rent it out to me for very cheap and I take care of his house (and of him when he Comes to visit hehe)
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 07:32

There haven't been any pics of them in Como saying bye to Robert De Niro....or any shirtless George paparazzi pics that have surfaced in the last week as the article states so I tend to think the rest of the article is bull as well.

kat19
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Jul 2015, 09:29

Rehash of story by Mailonline

Key word in these column inches is the word 'might' I think

And I'm guessing the pap shots are waiting for the highest bidder............

The value of the place jumps with every summer too........and would he really move his editing studio I wonder?

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:40

Falling in love is different than selling a home you  love that is in a place you love. To me any way love came when George was ready and willing to be married. I think that home is his oasis peaceful and where he can actually rest and just enjoy life. Press and fans a side.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 10:52

I suppose he could be looking for a new place in Italy that can be his new peaceful oasis but somewhere with more privacy from the paps. Who knows...?

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Jul 2015, 11:15

Don't think he'll go. He has such a great set up there with several houses - and he met Amal there.

But he might buy something else as well.............

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:16

I think George should keep in mind that he is reaching a point in his career where the paps won't be chasing him as much as in the past. There are too many younger "stars" who do completely outrageous things in public for the paps to follow. If they're following him around more now IMO it's because of Amal, and they'll be chasing her no matter where they are because she's a walking fashion show.

He shouldn't have to give up something he loves so much because his wife loves attention. IMO, she should tone it down a bit. If she wasn't always dressed to the nines the press would get bored and back off a bit. Just my opinion.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 12:37

I don't think so he has basically a compound several houses for guests and the Villa, that took a lot of money to make the way he wanted . I think with the fine he will have more privacy.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:05

Lizzy love you dear.  You found a way to bring in Amal's love for attention into this conversation of George possibly selling his house.  Your opinion of course.
Just my thought but I don't think it would have made a bit of difference who he married.  The fact that he married .... the paps want those pics of George and his wife together, whoever she would have been.  

Don't know what to make of this story.  I always think that George has a very romantic view of his Italian home.  So many memories with family, good friends and notable people sharing his home.  Was it fate that his motorcycle died in front of this home that was on the market?  Does obtaining complete privacy trump all those fond memories?  I hope he isn't thinking of selling but none of know what he's thinking.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:38

Of course, this is Amal's fault too.

Wow.

Could just be that he got an incredible offer on the house....?

No, of course not. Must be cuz Amal is an attention lady of negotiable affection. Seriously some people will always find a way to blame her for absolutely everything.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:41

Lol so "wh*re" autocorrects to "lady of negotiable attention" on this site haha. Clever. Just discovered that. Lol

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:43

I have to agree the paps have always been out for pictures of George and any woman in his life. Let's face it they sell , his wife is now permanent and they want pictures of her. Honestly,  I love George but him alone in that darn t shirt is not that interesting. I loved seeing him interacting with the women in his life and others . I will admit I love seeing him with Amal and looking so  happy. The press looked for signs of marriage when he was single, now they look for signs of trouble so they can write crap. I don't see this ever ending.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Thu 02 Jul 2015, 13:58

I don't think it will ever totally end, but I agree with Lizzy that in a few years it might subside somewhat.  Will a large number of folks really be interested when he is in his 60s, and if he is happily (boringly  from a news perspective) still married?  The paps needs someone to sell to and if there is less interest/money they will follow someone else.

fava
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 14:02

Ahh who can forget those images of Elisabetta steering the boat on the lake in her little bikini and showing off her oh so glorious perfect tush for all the paps to capture.  George wasn't even on the boat.  

But I love seeing pics of George alone, with his dog, his friends, his family and with the women in his life.  All of the above.  But I certainly understand if he just doesn't want this kind of intrusion of his privacy anymore.  I do think that there have been far less pictures of him and with others on his property in the last few years.  Obviously because of the ordinance.  Annemarie mentioned eleven!  And those were probably taken by paps breaking the ordinance.

I also think as others have said that over time there will be less interest in George's private life as he ages and settles into marriage.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Jul 2015, 14:16

Donnamarie  - I'm tired of being pc. If Amal didn't enjoy the attention she gets she wouldn't parade around in designer clothes which are guaranteed to get her picture taken. As Annemarie said, pictures of George in t-shirt and jeans aren't that interesting. Pictures of Amal in ordinary clothes would be just as much of a bore, Sure, she can wear what she wants, but in doing so she also is aware of the consequences. She's supposed to be super smart. Do you really think she couldn't get more privacy if she wanted to?

Would this have happened to any woman in any kind of relationship with George? Probably. The difference would be the degree to which the woman was comfortable with the press coverage. Amal seems to be adapting to it quite well.

As far as the press chasing George no matter who he's with, that's true to a point. The fact of the matter is that he's reaching a point in his career where he'll spend more time behind the scenes - and as much as I hate to say it, he is getting older. There is already a new generation of "stars" for the paps to chase - younger and more willing to do outrageous things in public.  Amal helps keep the interest in George alive by bringing him attention he might not be getting on his own.

If he sells his house because of the media attention, like it or not, Amal does figure into the equation.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Thu 02 Jul 2015, 14:18

fava wrote:I don't think it will ever totally end, but I agree with Lizzy that in a few years it might subside somewhat.  Will a large number of folks really be interested when he is in his 60s, and if he is happily (boringly  from a news perspective) still married?  The paps needs someone to sell to and if there is less interest/money they will follow someone else.
You said this much better (and shorter!) than I did. Thanks for making my point more clearly than I did. Smile
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 16:14

I think the interest comes from she is his wife not so much the clothes , lets face  it most of these rags could care less about what she does for a living. What she wears fits their agenda light fluff nothing too heavy or interesting. I think it will die down once they have been married a few years and he is not in front of the cameras.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 16:40

Last year there was I guess what turned out to be a rumor that George was looking at property closer to the coast.  Can't remember the name of the town.  I think the rumor was started by the Italian press.  It was talked about here somewhere.  It seems there are always rumors of him selling his villa.  So I take this one with the same grain of salt.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 18:40

True Donnamarie this rumor seems to arise every year . Isn't he supposed to have a home in Spain also, I know it was said a couple of years ago he had another vacation home can't remember where though.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Thu 02 Jul 2015, 22:03

Today on the lake....boat nearer the house these days

Paps will go to unbelievable lengths to get pix......last year's lot from Harry's Bar through the window were really hard to get. That place is incredibly secure and discreet....and if you remember the person marketing them asked for Frenchiesfans to take theirs down becos they hoped for a huge deal.

That was a public venue tho. I think what really gets to His Nibs are long lense shots into the house from across the lake. But Vanity Fair got those last year so what could he do?

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 22:13

I was on you tube and saw a video it was old there was a woman on the balcony not the big one but one on the guest house you would have thought they were right in front of her filming those lenses don't miss a thing. I know there are those who argue he is a public figure, but his home is private and I think there is no need to film in his window.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Thu 02 Jul 2015, 22:49

Unless these mystery photos of him saying goodbye to DeNiro or watching that sunset shirtless surface within the next day or so, I'm calling billsh*t on the whole article. Those pics would've been bought by one of the entertainment outlets by now I think. Since they allude to them already being a few days old.

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 02 Jul 2015, 23:21

On June 23rd DeNiro was in Milan so he may be in Como he and his family come to Como in summer. Maybe the paps can't get the price they want for the photos, that's why we haven't seen them.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 02:13

party animal - not! wrote:[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today on the lake....boat nearer the house these days

Paps will go to unbelievable lengths to get pix......last year's lot from Harry's Bar through the window were really hard to get. That place is incredibly secure and discreet....and if you remember the person marketing them asked for Frenchiesfans to take theirs down becos they hoped for a huge deal.

That was a public venue tho. I think what really gets to His Nibs are long lense shots into the house from across the lake. But Vanity Fair got those last year so what could he do?

Wasn't it just a few years ago when George sued some rag for getting a pic of one of his guest's daughters changing in a bedroom?  He has tolerated photos caught of he and Betta on his property and other guests but the photo of this young girl crossed the line.  
As much as I love seeing pics of George in his private moments it is wrong of photographers to intrude on his property.  Out on his boat and other public places is fair game.  

It's interesting that no photos of our guy out to dinner since being in Como.  No Il Gato yet.  His fav place.  No Harry's Bar?

I have no reason not to believe there were photos of he and DeNiro and his wife.  DeNiro has visited George in Como before.  Back in 2009.  Can't explain why they haven't been published unless the quality (too far away or too blurry) isn't worth the price.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Fri 03 Jul 2015, 02:17

Yes, it was Matt Damon's daughter, I think.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Fri 03 Jul 2015, 02:41

I am going to wade in on this, just a bit. I am torn about the pictures. On the one hand I do love seeing the pictures. On the other hand I also believe that everyone needs and deserves privacy. My guess is that they are avoiding public places for the obvious reasons. Makes perfect good sense to me. And fits exactly with the way I read the expressions on her face.

On the issue of Amal. I can't agree that she invites this. She accepted that this was very likely to be part of her life as the price of marrying the world's most eligible bachelor :-) I have not forgotten the video from New York when they were caught coming out of what appeared to be the back door of a restaurant. Seeing the video, rather than split second photographs, confirmed to me what I believed was happening. I also was struck by one of the recent set of photographs from London where it was clear that she was surrounded on both sides by paps snapping pictures. I personally don't believe she has any interest in being photographed by these relentless and often unscrupulous folks. She is however smart, poised and sophisticated. She is not going to let on for a second that this bothers her. You can never let them see you sweat. As a litigator she would have this act down pat. I can't imagine what the tabloids would say if she didn't smile...actually I can imagine and I think it would be much worse. With respect to her clothes, she is someone who has from all we know about her always dressed well and is always well put together. For someone who cares about how they look ...well I can't imagine the prospect of being photographed virtually anytime you venture out your front door. For the same reason I can understand why she has upped the ante on the clothes she wears. Would they stop photographing her if she wore a potato sack. I don't think so. I do think the press would be brutal in their commentary. She literally can't win. So she has elected to take the high road. She smiles. She looks like a million dollars. She does a spectacular job of appearing not to give a damn about the high powered lens in her face and the relentless press scrutiny. 

And now for a while she will just get to be a private person with her husband. That's a pretty nice thing :-)

oldweston
Getting serious about George

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 03:02

Oldweston I totally agree with you. As George said she is just living her life as normally as she can with the paps around.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 03:15

oldweston you don't post often here but I appreciate your take on this issue.  I feel the same way.   Your points are spot on IMO.  Thanks for your thoughts.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by kat19 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 03:19

Oldweston, that was perfectly stated. I feel the exact same way about the situation. She's doing the best she can but she's in a no win situation. Thanks for posting, you should do it more often! Smile

kat19

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 03:34

Doug Ross wrote:Yes, it was Matt Damon's daughter, I think.

Thanks Doug Ross!  I remember now.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 06:21

kat19 wrote:Unless these mystery photos of him saying goodbye to DeNiro or watching that sunset shirtless surface within the next day or so, I'm calling billsh*t on the whole article. Those pics would've been bought by one of the entertainment outlets by now I think. Since they allude to them already being a few days old.

Yes I think so too. Maybe they come out soon with a big Story behind it Very Happy  I'm waiting  Laughing

And as the fine is hight to break the rules for taking pics I'm sure the Price is high enough to cover that cost too LOL.
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 03 Jul 2015, 10:12

The local paper today

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:17

PAN - They took their story from the Post's "Page Six". Nothing new.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 11:34

The fine is up to $600 if you are caught   you have to stay 100 meters  away from the house and the same distance on water.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Fri 03 Jul 2015, 16:26

As usual just lately I've come late to this thread.
I've enjoyed all the comments and especially 
the one by Oldweston.   Coolio

My thoughts exactly, but much better put !  Lol
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Fri 03 Jul 2015, 16:45

Sorry, Lizzy. I thought that it said the story was sourced from something somebody said in Rome, and that the Mayor was commenting that it was the same old story every single year.............

Oldweston, brilliantly put!

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Fri 03 Jul 2015, 18:29

Joanna wrote:As usual just lately I've come late to this thread.
I've enjoyed all the comments and especially 
the one by Oldweston.   Coolio

My thoughts exactly, but much better put !  Lol

Honestly, I feel like I just walked into someone's home and was welcomed with a cup of coffee and such kind words. Thank you all. What I enjoy most about reading the posts here is the respect and civility of the vast majority of posters - that people are valued and treated respectfully even when they may not see eye to eye on a particular issue. It's a good thing :-)

oldweston

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Jul 2015, 22:12

PAN - No problem. I just happened to notice the credit.

Oldweston - Hello! Welcome aboard from one of the forum's old crankypants. Hope you stick around. I have  feeling we may agree to disagree from time to time, but that's what life's all about.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 03 Jul 2015, 22:19

I don't think George will sell the villa , just looking at pictures he built a new dock next o the old dock at the entrance to the villa. The other dock is next to the pool. I didn't notice last year but it was in place then.

Last edited by annemarie on Fri 03 Jul 2015, 23:14; edited 1 time in total

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by oldweston Fri 03 Jul 2015, 22:45

LizzyNY wrote:PAN - No problem. I just happened to notice the credit.

Oldweston - Hello! Welcome aboard from one of the forum's old crankypants. Hope you stick around. I have  feeling we may agree to disagree from time to time, but that's what life's all about.
Crankypants? I don't think so :-) But I agree - a variety of viewpoints and opinions makes life more interesting.   I do know the rule about colouring in the lines and staying on the right thread etc etc But will skirt the rules to say I almost responded to a post of yours on the recent events in the US. I was worried about saying the wrong thing. But what I wanted to communicate to you, because your post made me sad, is that many of us in many parts of the world appreciate all the amazing people who are citizens of the United States and try very hard to not make judgments about an entire country and its people. So there is lots of work to be done in your homeland (and in mine) but there are also many good people to do that work. 

And I promise never to post in the wrong thread again.

oldweston

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 03 Jul 2015, 22:57

Yeah we all promised that one before too. Forget about this one oldweston lol!
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 03 Jul 2015, 23:54

oldweston wrote:Crankypants? I don't think so :-) But I agree - a variety of viewpoints and opinions makes life more interesting.   I do know the rule about colouring in the lines and staying on the right thread etc etc But will skirt the rules to say I almost responded to a post of yours on the recent events in the US. I was worried about saying the wrong thing. But what I wanted to communicate to you, because your post made me sad, is that many of us in many parts of the world appreciate all the amazing people who are citizens of the United States and try very hard to not make judgments about an entire country and its people. So there is lots of work to be done in your homeland (and in mine) but there are also many good people to do that work. 

And I promise never to post in the wrong thread again.
lol! You must have just caught me on my best-behavior days. I do try, but sometimes my inner NY bitch gets the better of me. Mea culpa.

I really appreciate your kind words about the US (and the kind words of all the others who posted their reassurances that the US is not universally disliked). It's the impression we get from the media here all too often. But as a friend reminded me, the good things don't make the news because they are too commonplace. It is the odd and abnormal that get press coverage. (I guess that accounts for the Kardashians, for whom I apologize to the whole world!)

Finally, I just wanted to say not to worry too much about posting in the wrong thread. We all do it from time to time (Hell, I'm doing it now! This really belongs in Chit-Chat.) but we do try not to do it too often. Makes the mods crazy! And also, PLEASE do not censor your ideas. Yes, filter out anything downright nasty or mean, but don't be afraid to speak your piece - even if you think someone might not agree. We wear our big girl pants here - we can take it! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 04 Jul 2015, 00:17

He has at least  four houses now. Maybee it is time to sell one?

Must cost a lot of money to maintain all those houses +staff. 

He can't  spend to much time in each house either.
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sat 04 Jul 2015, 09:39

La Provincia di Como today.........

Google Translation:

"If Clooney leaves Laglio The lake loses 150 million »

If George would go away really from Laglio, if it sold really Villa Oleandra, the lake would lose 150 million euro buckets.

"The villas and property on the lake is svaluterebbero 10 percent. Tourism would lose 15 percent of foreign arrivals. And with hotels, bed and breakast and rents would lose even restaurants, services, browsing, shopping and all the activities that are working more with tourism. "

Wave of investments

The analysis of Harold Lubberdink owner of Holiday Property Solutions adds: "George Clooney has done as a 'positive wave of investment on the lake. He was just what he did from the '' Ola '' as you do in the stadium. If we lose the leaves turn in the engine. "In fact, according to the mayor Roberto Pozzi Clooney guarantees a huge publicity.

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 09:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 04 Jul 2015, 12:53

Stop don't do it!

The only way he should leave is feet first in a box at the ripe old age of 112....

Bequeath his beloved Villa to the people of Laglio....In a hundred years his "spirit" will live on. helping the place he loved so much financially, and they in return will safe keep his greatest love....

Just like Blarney Castle, tour busses of people will pull up to wonder the house and gardens, with Rosemary playing from the balcony, a dinner table set with wax work images of the great and the good he has entertained, Walter etc,....and a gift shop selling tequila, tequila, T shirts, Rosemary CD (The Como Collection) playing cards with 48 faces of ex-girlfriends and 4 queen (2 down/2 to go)....And like Blarney Castle (kiss the stone for the gift of the gab) you can KISS the end of the bed and be bestowed with the gift of the swag...

Possibilities are endless....and every 4 July (spooky)... across the lake when the lights are turned off and the busses have pulled away, a shadow appears on the balcony, at twilight, a man holding a glass, swaying to the sound of Rosemary singing Hey Mambo, and if you listen as hard as you can, you can hear the man in hushed deep voice hum to the tune BADLY....Then you know George is back...And will never ever truly leave Laglio...

Last edited by What Would He Say on Sat 04 Jul 2015, 12:57; edited 1 time in total
What Would He Say
What Would He Say
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 04 Jul 2015, 12:55

Lol, please don't sell but don't turn it into Graceland either.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next