George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyToday at 02:07 by annemariew

»  George filming new film in UK
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptySat 11 May 2024, 01:04 by annemariew

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity

+3
mel01
Katiedot
Nicky80
7 posters

Go down

Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity Empty Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:09

London Evening Standard interview

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

How Amal is coping with celebrity…and the night George Clooney really did go to bed with Cindy Crawford

George Clooney's drinking buddy and business partner Rande Gerber has revealed how the actor and his  new wife Amal are coping with global media attention.

Gerber was one of several best men at the Clooneys’ high-profile wedding in Venice in September .

The 52-year-old former model and nightlife entrepreneur said: “It was a big party for three days straight. We flew 100 cases of tequila in and we drank all of it.”
Of the media attention surrounding the couple, he told the Evening Standard’s Deluxe magazine: “George and Amal knew what they were getting into. Such a big event in George’s life is always going to get a lot of attention. You try to not let it affect your life as much as you can control it.
“But do you go out as much to public events? No, you don’t. You try to stay a little bit low-key until it blows over.

“But they are dealing with it brilliantly. Obviously George is used to it, so he knows how it rolls. We are stealth. We have some good moves.”
Gerber is married to Cindy Crawford, who has become firm friends with lawyer Amal. He added: “They are very compatible: both strong, intelligent, committed women.”
The two couples share a holiday home named Casamigos (“house of friends” in Spanish) in Mexico, where they frequently spend time together.
Gerber said: “Originally we were going to build just one big house for us, but George was single at the time and we have the family, and Cindy said: ‘Hmm. I don’t think that’s such a good idea. Let’s build two houses.’

“It’s all still on one property, so it’s like breakfast at George’s place, lunch at mine... It feels like one big party.”
Clooney and Gerber own the tequila brand Casamigos and are big fans of the spirit. The actor once accidentally ended up in bed with Crawford as a result of this taste for tequila — an incident featured in an advert for  the brand.
Gerber explained: “We’d just started the company and George and I were celebrating downstairs at the bar. We drank a whole bottle of tequila.
“George lives 30 minutes from here [in the Hollywood Hills]. Normally, if he’s been drinking, he stays over at our place in our guest house. But he didn’t even make it that far, so he crashed out at the main house.
“When we got in, the kids were in bed with Cindy, so I took one of their rooms and George took the guest room.

“Then Cindy woke up at 3am and she saw that the alarm wasn’t on. So she just checked one of the bedrooms and she saw me passed out on the bed with motorcycle boots still on and my head squashed against my phone. And she got into bed and started rubbing my back. And then I turned round, only it wasn’t me. It was George.
“Cindy shrieks: ‘Oh my God!’ Then George shrieks: ‘Oh my God, did I get into bed with you?’
“Cindy came to find me and, after a few minutes, we heard a crash in the kitchen, so we go down and George has found the candy drawer and he’s just munching out, so I started pigging out, too, and we were both just hysterical.
“The next day at breakfast we were laughing and George said: ‘That’s the tequila commercial: Drink a bottle, and wake up with Cindy Crawford.’ And Cindy says: ‘No! Drink a bottle and wake up with George Clooney.’” Gerber and Crawford have two children aged 13 and 15, and he believes Clooney would make a “great dad”.
But he added: “I don’t know if he’s going to be or not.”

Last edited by Nicky80 on Wed 18 Mar 2015, 17:37; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added text)

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity Empty Re: Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity

Post by mel01 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 13:29

Can somebody get hold of the original interview published in the Evening Standard's Deluxe magazine and post it here? Please?

I'm surprised Rande would "go there" regarding George having kids, then again he wouldn't have had an option but to answer if he was asked whether he thought George would make a great dad....but he did qualify that he didn't know whether they're gonna have them. 
  From Amal's response to the question on the red carpet, i've concluded that they're trying.

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity Empty Re: Randy Gerber on how Amal is coping with celebrity

Post by Nicky80 Wed 18 Mar 2015, 17:49

I don't see George with Kids. (as a dad)

I think he just got asked and tried to answer it the best he could.

Funny that Rande has to bring up always the same story about George and Cindy in bed together....
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Wed 18 Mar 2015, 18:55

Not really. UK launch of Casamigos, keeping the brand name visible in a London, UK paper........

Not sure when it gets here

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Thu 19 Mar 2015, 03:15

"Munching out from the candy drawer"? Anyone else wondering if it was just tequila they were enjoying? Wheee!
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Thu 19 Mar 2015, 03:50

Rande's story keeps changing. First he said they were drinking at Habana, now it's the bar downstairs.
Anyway, sounds like George considers their place like his own family's. Not many of us would be rummaging around in thw kichen if were someone's houseguest right?

mel01
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:47

From what we know of Rande and George's relationship they are very close. Include Cindy too.  Rande and Cindy probably consider G a part of their family. And vice versa.  They spend Christmas/New Years together. Remember G originally wanted to build one large house on their Cabo property to house all of them and their family and friends.  So I don't think George would think twice about helping himself to anything in their kitchen.   And when the Gerbers spend time with George in Como I'm sure he considers his house theirs.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 19 Mar 2015, 14:03

Katiedot wrote:"Munching out from the candy drawer"? Anyone else wondering if it was just tequila they were enjoying?  Wheee!

flash back to his college days???

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 22 Mar 2015, 18:33

I LOVE Cindy's response to sharing a home with single George and his parade of lady friends; like, I love him, but NOPE. Smile

And I must have missed Amal answering a red carpet question about kids.  What did she say?
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by party animal - not! Sun 22 Mar 2015, 18:40

To the interviewer, Nancy O'Dell?

'You're worse than my mother!'

party animal - not!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down