George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'

5 posters

Go down

The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  Empty The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'

Post by Sevens Tue 17 Mar 2015, 15:37

'Girls' Star Alex Karpovsky Says The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'
By Kevin Jagernauth | The Playlist

You would probably have to go back to 2008's "Burn After Reading" for the last full blown, outrageous comedy from the Coen Brothers. "A Serious Man" was more existential in its concerns, "True Grit" was a straight up genre effort, and "Inside Llewyn Davis" was cloaked in beautiful melancholy. But for their star-studded "Hail, Caesar!" it would appear the Coens reaching back to the broader comedy roots, with one of the film's stars referencing one of my personal favorite movies from the sibling directors.

"Girls" stars Alex Karpovsky recently stopped by WTF With Marc Maron and shared a little bit about his experience working on the movie and what we can expect. "...this week they’re shooting a movie called 'Hail, Caesar!' here in LA. And it’s set in 1950. Really funny script, kinda more wacky and zany than their last movie, more 'Hudsucker Proxy,' " the actor shared. "And Clooney is one of the studio actors, and gets embroiled into a situation that…uh…needs fixing."

If you haven't seen "The Hudsucker Proxy," do so immediately. Not only does it feature one of Jennifer Jason Leigh's best performances, it's set in roughly the same era as "Hail, Caesar!" and rips by with rapidfire dialogue, great gags and twists the Frank Capra formula all at once. If "Hail, Caesar!" is even in that ballpark, I'll be more than pleased especially with a cast like Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton, Channing Tatum, Scarlett Johansson and Jonah Hill, biting into the material.

"Hail, Caesar!" arrives on February 5, 2016. Watch the trailer for "The Hudsucker Proxy" below.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  Empty Re: The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'

Post by Donnamarie Tue 17 Mar 2015, 16:25

Thanks Sevens.  I'm excited but we got a ways to go to see this one. I better check out "The Hudsucker Proxy".  I've never seen it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'  Empty Re: The Coen Brothers' 'Hail Caesar!' Is "Zany" Like 'The Hudsucker Proxy'

Post by Joanna Tue 17 Mar 2015, 18:43

No I haven't either DonnaMarie. 
I'll check it out on Amazon soon.

Has anyone on here seen it ?
Joanna
Joanna
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Post by bgarabedian Wed 18 Mar 2015, 05:23

I cannot wait to see this film, Hail Caesar, I am in the background in some scenes and it looks like a funny comedy movie. I hope it does well in the box office. bg

bgarabedian
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Wed 18 Mar 2015, 11:53

OK bg....you'll have to let us know 
which scenes etc etc so I can clap you when 
I get the DVD.
Cinema visits are out for me at the mo.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Wed 18 Mar 2015, 12:19

Joanna wrote:OK bg....you'll have to let us know 
I get the DVD.

Joanna, why are cinema visits out for you?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Mon 23 Mar 2015, 03:16

Just watched The Hudsucker Proxy, which is great!
Cleverly written script and very funny plot!
That makes me even more pumped for Hail Caesar!
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Joanna Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:52

Donnamarie wrote:
Joanna wrote:OK bg....you'll have to let us know 
I get the DVD.

Joanna, why are cinema visits out for you?

Bit of a long story DM.....so I've sent you a PM.
Joanna
Joanna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Wed 25 Nov 2015, 13:33

A more detailed version:
KARPOVSKY: This week I did the new Coen Brothers movie. 
MARON: I auditioned for a Coen Brothers movie. I auditioned for A Serious Man. The lead. I never got anywhere, I just took a casting event.  
KARPOVSKY: Were they in the room when you auditioned?  
MARON: No, no. I didn’t make it that far. But you were in their last one. I remember you, you were on the couch with the Asian wife.  
KARPOVSKY: Yeah, I had an Asian wife. It’s nice to be invited back, you know? So this week they’re shooting a movie called Hail Caesar here in LA. And it’s set in 1950. Really funny script, kinda more wacky and zany than their last movie, more Hudsucker Proxy.  
MARON: What’s it about?  
KARPOVSKY: It’s about a “fixer.” Played by Josh Brolin, in 1950 Hollywood, and just putting out one fire after another in the studio-  
MARON: Like a studio fixer?  
KARPOVSKY: Yeah. And Clooney is one of the studio actors, and gets embroiled into a situation that… uh… needs fixing.  
MARON: I like it. I like Josh Brolin. Who is your scene with?  
KARPOVSKY: Clooney. All week with Clooney. Fun. Not just me and him, me, him, and a group of other people.  
MARON: A good guy?  
KARPOVSKY: Great guy. Like genuinely a great guy. You know, it’s easy to say everyone’s great, but… he would never go to the trailer between breaks, he would always hang out with us between breaks, and show us like these really elaborate pranks on YouTube on his iPhone and stuff and just joke around. He’s just a really, really easy-going dude. 
Well count me in. Dapper George was born to play a Golden Age-era movie star. And with the Coen Brothers directing, I have confidence that… uh… well, I have confidence that it won’t be Leatherheads. It’s funny that George Clooney is so into pranks and practical jokes. It’s like he hasn’t reached the Bill Murray stage of his career where he realizes that he can literally just walk up to people and go “Ta da! I’m George Clooney!” and they’ll remember it for the rest of their lives.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by it's me Wed 25 Nov 2015, 18:02

"really elaborate pranks on YouTube on his iPhone and stuff and just joke around."

Hu! scratch
it's me
it's me

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down