George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyToday at 15:43 by benex

»  George filming new film in UK
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

+22
amaretti
Dior
What Would He Say
Katiedot
ldg
Merlin
Sevens
LizzyNY
Atalante
Way2Old4Dis
LornaDoone
globalchick
pandabear
premiere
Maggy
Cece42
annemarie
PigPen
/
Silje
Donnamarie
Nicky80
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney Empty 2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

Post by Nicky80 Wed 29 Oct 2014, 18:24

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney, Emma Watson Make the Cut, Kate Middleton Does Not!

The 2014 British Fashion Award nominees are in, and most of the list probably won't surprise you.
The picks for most stylish stars across the pond included the usual suspects, such as Emma Watson, Cara Delevingne,Benedict Cumberbatch and Idris Elba. But there was one always impeccably dressed star who was missing: Kate Middleton!
So why was the duchess left without a nomination? The British Fashion Awards included the royal in last year's honors, and this year they're celebrating a fresh group of nominees.
Happily, there is no shortness of chic on 2014's list. Amal Clooney burst onto the style scene in the latter half of the year—her parade of stunning pre-wedding and post-wedding ensembles set fashion reporters in a tizzy in September. And the wedding dress itself was an instant classic: an airy, off-the-shoulder design by the late Oscar de la Renta.

Watson has been ruling the red carpet since she was a teen. The actress is always one to watch at award shows, frequently sporting daring and unexpected choices—like the crimson Dior frock she wore over black cigarette pants and cobalt pumps at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards.
British supermodel (and consummate rebel) Cara D has fun with her fashion, which could be why the 22-year-old model made the British Fashion Council's cut. Delevingne isn't afraid to play with structure and steers away from the usual trends, instead opting for bold looks like the mostly sheer Balmain jumpsuit she wore to the CR Fashion Book launch party during Paris Fashion Week.
And we can't forget about the men: With sleek, well-tailored suits and the occasional blinged-out footwear (we see you, Benedict), Elba and Cumberbatch are obvious nominees.

Here's the full list of the 2014 British Fashion Award nominees:
Amal Clooney
Benedict Cumberbatch
Bobby Gillespie
Cara Delevingne
Daniel Sturridge
David Beckham
David Gandy
Douglas Booth
Emma Watson
FKA Twigs
Helen Mirren
Idris Elba
Jamie Hince
Jourdan Dunn
Kate Bush
Kate Moss
Keira Knightley
Ralph Fiennes
Rita Ora
Tinie Tempah
The British Fashion Council hand-selected this year's crop of potential Fashion Award winners, but the awards are actually decided by members of the public. You can vote for your most stylish celeb on the British Fashion Awards Website.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney Empty Re: 2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

Post by Donnamarie Wed 29 Oct 2014, 19:02

How much has changed after just one year for Amal Clooney. At this point I'm not surprised she ended up on this list. She has certainly been charming the fashion and media critics. From Hottest Barrister last year to Mrs. Clooney and a nominee for best dressed from the British Fashion Council this year.

So since the public votes on the best dressed do you all think she has a good chance of winning? She's definitely got the name recognition but do any of you think that people are just tired of seeing her name in the news and are thinking anyone but Amal?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney Empty Re: 2014 British Fashion Award Nominees Announced: Amal Clooney

Post by Silje Wed 29 Oct 2014, 20:24

Here is celebitchy's take on  it.

Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 30 Oct 2014, 13:46

This must be so surreal for her! I love her style, she get it right every single time. And of course she does wedding outfits impeccably! For me though, Keira Knightley and David Gandy should win it. I don't think she's going to win just yet. Maybe next year! 
But how does it work? Does she have to go to the award ceremony now and make a speech if she wins? Smile

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 30 Oct 2014, 14:36

Okay, I can't stay quiet on this any longer....first she's the most influential woman in London, now this. 

First... the influential woman title.  Where was she on this list last year or the year before?  Now she's a fashion award nominee.  BULL!

Let's break this down..
1.  During the courtship and early engagement, her look was funky/bohemian.  Then, suddenly she is Jackie O reincarnate.
2. Before the Mrs title, she was hottest barrister.  Now, most influential woman in London.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Team Baria!!  Style icon-- courtesy of outsiders, most likely Anna Wintour. Does Amal look more stylish, hell yeah, who wouldn't wearing McCarney instead of torn pants and weird boots.  $150 blow outs and a make-up artist.

Most influential.. yeah Mom, who knows a thing or two about working the press.  What has Amal done differently this year, other than become the Mrs.

That less than happy look on George's face in the car.. tip of the iceberg.  Baria is running the show in London.  It's only going to get worse.

My opinion.

PigPen
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Thu 30 Oct 2014, 15:17

She's done nothing professionally different or personally unique (as in, "influential"), except to become Mrs. Clooney and look the part.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 16:41

I think Amal is living her life just as she did before the wedding. She is wearing  what she likes. If I was in her place I would have done the same thing for my wedding. Why not dress up and enjoy the moments and events. I for one am tired of seeing women dressed like they just rolled out of be. Sneakers at every event or crop tops at every turn. I think this nomination is just something fun nothing too serous.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by / Thu 30 Oct 2014, 17:35

I do think that she has started making more of an effort but who wouldn't when you know the press will be following you around? She's the wife of someone famous and so she's become famous. It's only logical. But if I were her, I'd find that nomination weird and a bit out of place.

/

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Thu 30 Oct 2014, 18:42

Making more of an effort makes her the most influential woman in London??  I think not. IMO

But if I were her, I'd find that nomination weird and a bit out of place.  Bet she's loving every bit of it.  Also MO

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:10

IMO She is not living her life as she did before the wedding, I'm assuming she has stylists and hair and makeup artists whenever she pleases, and yes I agree she is loving every minute of it.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 19:47

IMO she has enough confidence that she dresses to suit herself. It's looks like she has had a sense of style for some time. We were just not privy to it because she wasn't in the public eye so much. Her lifestyle has changed because of George and yes, her life is different since she married George but what's bad about that? I don't think she uses stylists and makeup artists all the time. We do know she gets her hair done twice a week. It's her life. So what?
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 20:06

Of course she should and could live her life the way she wants no one is disputing that, but some on here think she hasn't changed much, OF COURSE SHE HAS!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 20:55

Again, I think her life has changed because she shares it with George. The way she lives will be different but her as a person, her personality, her core values, her work ethic, her sense of humor, her kind and caring ways that people who know her describe her as, I don't think those aspects of her will change.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Thu 30 Oct 2014, 21:27

Donnamarie wrote: Shocked IMO she has enough confidence  that she dresses to suit herself.  It's looks like she has had a sense of style for some time.  We were just not privy to it because she wasn't in the public eye so much.  Her  lifestyle has changed because of George  and yes, her life is different since she married George but what's bad about that?  I don't think she uses stylists and makeup artists all the time.  We do know she gets her hair done twice a week.  It's her life.  So what?

Twice a week?! 

Shocked
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Thu 30 Oct 2014, 21:59

Yea, I read that somewhere. I cannot remember where though. Maybe that info is wrong. I saw a video where her hairdresser was interviewed and he said she does not wash her hair everyday. I guess his point was that was a key reason why it doesn't get dried out.
She does have a lot of long and thick hair. I'm sure it's a pain to blow dry and style it.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Thu 30 Oct 2014, 22:58

PigPen, thanks so much for coming back! This site has become so sanitized, and, to be honest, boring. If you're not part of the Amal Fan Club, you really don't feel respected. What a shame. I used to love reading the comments. Even if they weren't always kind, they were very often hilarious. Now people are chastized by the Nice Police.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Thu 30 Oct 2014, 23:02

premiere wrote:PigPen, thanks so much for coming back! This site has become so sanitized, and, to be honest, boring. If you're not part of the Amal Fan Club, you really don't feel respected. What a shame. I used to love reading the comments. Even if they weren't always kind, they were very often hilarious. Now people are chastized by the Nice Police.

SOOOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Thu 30 Oct 2014, 23:14

Twisted Evil The British fashion award tralala ... we don't have such a thing in Belgium.
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by pandabear Thu 30 Oct 2014, 23:28

I agree Pigpen, not sure what she has done to be titled the most influential???  I am sure there are many, many women in London that have more influence than her.  As far as her style it has improved a great deal.  As far as George, this marriage still doesn't make any sense to me.

pandabear
Shooting hoops with George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 01:20

Too much washing of your hair can damage it that is probably why she washes so little. She may also use conditioner in place of shampoo which is better for hair.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Fri 31 Oct 2014, 02:42

PigPen wrote:Okay, I can't stay quiet on this any longer....first she's the most influential woman in London, now this. 

First... the influential woman title.  Where was she on this list last year or the year before?  Now she's a fashion award nominee.  BULL!

Let's break this down..
1.  During the courtship and early engagement, her look was funky/bohemian.  Then, suddenly she is Jackie O reincarnate.
2. Before the Mrs title, she was hottest barrister.  Now, most influential woman in London.

Ladies and Gentleman, I give you Team Baria!!  Style icon-- courtesy of outsiders, most likely Anna Wintour. Does Amal look more stylish, hell yeah, who wouldn't wearing McCarney instead of torn pants and weird boots.  $150 blow outs and a make-up artist.

Most influential.. yeah Mom, who knows a thing or two about working the press.  What has Amal done differently this year, other than become the Mrs.

That less than happy look on George's face in the car.. tip of the iceberg.  Baria is running the show in London.  It's only going to get worse.

My opinion.
I agree with you completely but I think George is in on it. The whole point behind George's highly publicised 4 day multimillion dollar wedding extravaganza played out in front of the world's media and then selling the pictures to virtually every magazine in the world was precisely to launch Amal as a global humanitarian celebrity lawyer and fashion icon. Its clear that George has given her an unlimited credit card to spend on clothes and as you say, access to makeup artists and hairstylists for all public appearances. George's PR team is manipulating public opinion. I think Baria has a hand in it but IMO this whole idea of remaking her into Jackie O would probably be Stan's creation. 

They've gone over the top and the result is that many people dislike Amal. Everyone knows that Amal is not the most influential woman in London. If she wasn't married to Clooney no one would give a damn about her and without his money and the stylists he is paying for she did not look good. Also google pictures of Jackie O's wedding dress. Amal's is a modern interpretation of it. Clooney and Stan are manipulating the public with this but they backfired in one respect. Amal is an Arab which a lot of people do not like and also lacks likeability. Women don't like her and her preening ways - the $700,000 engagement ring was obscene especially for a "human rights lawyer". The wedding was way too much. Then all the preening and outfit changes in Greece. 

Also her Lebanese family as you say, are pushing too hard and going too over the top. They don't seem to know when to stop. I'm beginning to think George got talked into the second London wedding ceremony and I think he probably instinctively knew it was too much and alienating people but her family probably insisted on it. It's clear they want to improve their social standing off the back of George.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Fri 31 Oct 2014, 03:30

In your opinion of course.  Unless you're standing next to Baria and in Stan's office all you say is opinion.

You could be completely wrong.  I know it's a foreign concept to you - that anything you write isn't the god's honest truth basically coming from the horse's mouth, but it's just that - opinion.

I for one disagree with you but hey, in the scheme of things, what does it matter what any of us think?

George is going to do what makes him happy and if it makes him happy to give her access to stylists, makeup artists, famous fashion designers and expensive rings, then good for him.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Fri 31 Oct 2014, 11:53

The only way George "has a hand in" this is because he is handling his marriage the same way he handles all of the important aspects of his life. He has a wife, and his wife will have the best he can give. He does it with his friends, his family, his projects. It wouldn't be any different with Amal; if anything, more so. But that's not to say that he is trying to orchestrate any image for her beyond a doted-upon and cherished wife. She likes fashionable clothes. Okay, she can have the best of that. She wants help with makeup? Hey, George knows somebody. I don't get the brouhaha over a man providing the best for his wife. His best just happens to be so fucking good that it brings out the green-eyed monster in a lot of already miserably negative people.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:27

She's not much of a humanitarian to me, she's from an elite Lebanese family. And if she's not going to win some lawcases SOON, ... she will become an even bigger joke. Cool But hey Hollywood and Politics it's all about perception ey ! cameraflash #Murano glassware, oh boy, some joke. One basketball ... et finito #Murano glassware. Seesaw of good and e  I can see now why Baria and her husband broke up. ROTFL
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:29

I agree with both Lorna and Way2Old. Motives aside, George is in a position to give Amal whatever she wants, so he does. She's probably trying to create a public image that she thinks fits with his. He's just making things easier for her.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:31

I'm behind what has been said by LornaDoone and Way2Old.

Just as an observation - any woman involved in George's life seems to bring out the worst in some people. The man should just be celibate.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:36

The comments are once again VERY bad. You should read them. What is he doing ??? Laughing Showing his power ???
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:37

Whoa! Why punish George because some people don't like his wife? Celibate? Sheesh! Very Happy
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:44

It's not about liking or not liking his wife, it's all about creating these superficial images, it's so commercial, it's the worst marketing ever, it's just DISGUSTING !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 12:53

LizzyNY I was being sarcastic. I've read past posts here about his other girlfriends and some of the rhetoric is awful. It continues with Amal. Is there any woman in George's life who would please everyone? Maybe his mom. It is really sad. What's disgusting is judging someone so negatively when you don't even know them.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Fri 31 Oct 2014, 13:26

Donnamarie  - I was joking, too. I agree with everything you said. No one can please everyone and some people can be very nasty and judgmental.

I think most of us see public figures as something abstract - we don't know them personally and probably never will - so in some ways they're not real. Because their lives seem so different from ours we're curious. We try to imagine what it's like, we guess and speculate - and, yes, sometimes judge. But, for most of us, it isn't ill-intentioned. We're just wondering out loud.

The people who have ONLY negative things to say are, IMO, trying to boost their own self-esteem by bashing someone else. That's sad.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 31 Oct 2014, 14:50

True that LizzyNY!
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by / Fri 31 Oct 2014, 15:51

Atalante wrote:Twisted Evil The British fashion award tralala ... we don't have such a thing in Belgium.
Ooh, hi, fellow Belgian! Smile  Sadly, we don't have such fashion icons either... Except maybe Queen Mathilde...

/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 01 Nov 2014, 07:09

Her hairstylist talks about this

Amal Clooney's Hairstylist Talks About Her 'Glamorous' Look, British Style Award Nomination and More!

When Amal Alamuddin started dating George Clooney we noticed immediately she had an eye for fashion and of course, that perfect hair. But it wasn’t until her three-day Italian wedding extravaganza that she really showed off her full style credentials. And it looks like the British Fashion Council couldn’t agree more.
Mrs. Clooney has been nominated (along with Kate Moss, David Beckham and many other stylish veterans) for the British Style Awards, to be handed out at the prestigious British Fashion Awards on Dec. 1.

Max Coles, Amal’s longtime hairstylist at London’s Michaeljohn salon in Mayfair, says that the barrister’s style has always been consistent, since she first became his client several years ago.

In a recent interview, Coles described her style as “very glamorous, in a kind of bohemian, casual, chic way.”
The award which “recognizes an individual who most embodies the spirit of British fashion and is an international ambassador for London as a leading creative fashion capital,” has been previously awarded to Alexa Chung and Harry Styles.
Having recently styled Amal’s hair for their ‘second wedding party’ in England last weekend (prior to that he traveled with her to Greece on a work trip), Coles tells PEOPLE that her everyday hairstyle is a little different to what he created for the wedding weekend.
“It is very relaxed, down but more casual and less bouncy yet still high profile,” he shares.
And we have to say — Amal’s bouncy blowout definitely rivals Princess Kate’s. Now will just have to wait for the inevitable Amal vs. Kate red carpet faceoff!

Last edited by Nicky80 on Sat 01 Nov 2014, 08:21; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added text)
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 01 Nov 2014, 08:25

For me this article sounds like they have to prove now that Amal had the Fashion style already before George so let the hairdresser talk to confirm it.....oh Boy....

The hairdresser must have gotten the OK from Amal otherwise it would not be in People and obvious she would never go to him again if this wasn't approved......

Image to her must be important for her now if now the hairdresser speaks...

Wonder when the point comes until Waldo starts to speak about George Fashion and his amazing hair Razz Razz Razz Razz
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by globalchick Sat 01 Nov 2014, 08:51

Nicky80 wrote:For me this article sounds like they have to prove now that Amal had the Fashion style already before George so let the hairdresser talk to confirm it.....oh Boy....

The hairdresser must have gotten the OK from Amal otherwise it would not be in People and obvious she would never go to him again if this wasn't approved......

Wonder when the point comes until Waldo starts to speak about George Fashion and his amazing hair Razz Razz Razz Razz
You are right. To get more publicity and to keep desperately trying to position Amal as a style icon Stan has made her hairdresser available to the press to get more publicity for her. Pathetic

Also the piece confirms that the "human rights lawyer" travels for work with a hairdresser and makeup artist. Pathetic. I wonder if the Greek government paid for the entourage she now travels with. I'm joking of course. George is paying for it. That must have been expensive - to pay for a hairdresser for 4 days and all his travel and accommodation costs. George has lots of cash though and Amal seems to enjoy spending it. 

Her vanity seems all important. She's worse than a model or an actress. And I think that's the problem. Amal only looks good with the best makeup artists and hairstylists. Models and many actresses e.g. Jessica Alba, Candice Swanepoel always look good. They are naturally beautiful and Amal is not. Hell even Stacey always looked good in candids. Amal doesn't have those kinds of looks so has to make a superhuman effort to come even close to making the mark. Especially if she wants to be a fashion icon.

globalchick
Clooneyfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlin Sat 01 Nov 2014, 09:00

To me she is a Fashion Victim....wearing whatever she sees is the latest trend whether it suits her or not....
Merlin
Merlin

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:06

Nicky80 wrote:For me this article sounds like they have to prove now that Amal had the Fashion style already before George so let the hairdresser talk to confirm it.....oh Boy....

Oh yes, pleeeeeease. I want to hear Waldo speak and I want more pics of Waldo. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by ldg Sat 01 Nov 2014, 10:20

a lawyer traveling with a hairdresser???  now that's ridiculous.  I'd hate the pressure of having to look perfect every time I walked out the door.  that sure would get old pretty quick.

ldg
Clooney virgin

Back to top Go down

Post by PigPen Sat 01 Nov 2014, 14:08

Feeling mentally old this morning.... to those who feel chastised by the nice police, please explain the difference between chastise and open debate.  Everyone's opinion is read and many comment pro or con, which is also a poster's right.  I don't believe posters are being picked on, as it were.  Lord knows a good many of my posts have riled a few members.  It's all part of the forum.  And life.

My favorite phrase... agree to disagree.  And, remember to play nice !!

PS/ why the hell does anyone care how often she shampoos?  Just for the record, and because I know you're all dieing to hear- I shampoo every night. Razz

PigPen

Back to top Go down

Post by Maggy Sat 01 Nov 2014, 16:41

Yes Pigpen, I was wondering how often  Laughing
Maggy
Maggy
Totally loving George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 01 Nov 2014, 17:58

PigPen wrote:First... the influential woman title.  Where was she on this list last year or the year before? 
 Did you forget that she wasn't much in the public eye until this year?  At risk of pointing out the blindingly obvious, she's not going to be up for awards when not many people know of her, is she?  You seem to be writing as though this was some kind of deeply researched list where every single person in London was evaluated and considered for this award.  Clearly that's not what happened; this is a list of people in the public eye put together by the Evening Standard which is a tabloid paper available in London only.

PigPen wrote:Now she's a fashion award nominee.  BULL!
 Why bull?  She and her choice of clothes have been in the magazines for the best part of 2014.  From funky shoes to Oscar de la Renta, it's all been catching eyes.  

PigPen wrote:Style icon-- courtesy of outsiders, most likely Anna Wintour. Does Amal look more stylish, hell yeah, who wouldn't wearing McCarney instead of torn pants and weird boots.  $150 blow outs and a make-up artist.
And your point?  Everyone else on this list gets assistance with their looks too.  

premiere wrote: I used to love reading the comments. Even if they weren't always kind, they were very often hilarious. Now people are chastized by the Nice Police.
 Really and truly this isn't anything new.  I run this site and make it clear that I'm not happy with a high level of bitchiness against Clooney's partner.   For some reason the woman he's with (no matter who it is) just brings out the nastiness in people.  

Amal hasn't done anything to anyone of us here.  Quite why the level of spite and nasty comments (not to mention why people think it's ok to share their mean thoughts on a public website) come her way is beyond me.  Some people seem to get their jollies by pulling others apart, and you know what?  Not going to pass unmentioned here.

globalchick wrote:Amal only looks good with the best makeup artists and hairstylists. Models and many actresses e.g. Jessica Alba, Candice Swanepoel always look good. They are naturally beautiful and Amal is not. Hell even Stacey always looked good in candids. Amal doesn't have those kinds of looks so has to make a superhuman effort to come even close to making the mark. Especially if she wants to be a fashion icon.
 Globalchick: enough.  This is your last warning.

Amal is a lawyer.  What she looks like is irrelevant.  You have a problem with her interpretation of a point of law then by all means share here.  You think she's ugly (something you've repeated so many times here that it's clearly important to you) and all I can say is shame on you for being so petty and mean.   If it makes you feel better to trash someone for not being beautiful when their looks are the least important thing about them, then what a sorry excuse for a human being you must be.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 18:17

There are so many things I could say to defend Katidots's comments. But you, Katiedot, have articulated what many people on this site feel. Thanks.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by What Would He Say Sat 01 Nov 2014, 18:28

Why you ask, why should she be where she is, lauded so highly….in such a short period of time.
The answer is as simple as fashion itself….She fits.

Fashion world constantly looks..…and hopes and prays for icons, leaders, inspirers….someone who will come along and inspire us to buy that skirt, put half y/our salary down on a pair of shoes, stay awake at night thinking of that coat…

Fashion leaders have been thin on the ground last few years…the last great hope was Kate….she was too young, her choices sometimes too old…not much inspiring us to go the extra mile with the credit card.

Leaders/inspirers are almost always manufactured…..very few are born with serious style ability, those that are born with it are usually the wrong sex or shape or age or background.
What we are seeing here is no different to Jackie O and Givenchy/Cassini or any of the ladies/starlets who were lucky enough to find themselves in the talented hands of the amazing Edith Head.
We are witnessing the perfect union of stylist and famous face (with the right hight /weight ratio).

Amal will go far, maybe not win this award, but the next will be a shoe-in….. then the industry Pro’s vote and they are not measuring Mrs Clooney with a tape measure, but a calculator. And the industry needs her more than she need them…..I go weak when I think how many metre’s of 12cm black and white stripe are being manufactured in China this week, and all because of a girl on a boat in Venice…..and I carry that thought to a woman standing in Taggart or Primark or Tesco….and holding up a dress, skirt or top to look in the mirror and appraise her reflection…..totally unaware that down deep where she can’t see….and has no conscience thought is the girl on the boat in Venice.
What Would He Say
What Would He Say

Back to top Go down

Post by Dior Sat 01 Nov 2014, 19:13

Yeah, she is a fashion saleswoman now, we got it.

We will all buy that famous mini dress at Primark and then show our panties to the world. So inspiring...

Question:

Did you ever hear of somebody dressing as Jackie O. for Halloween?

George must be so proud!

By the way, I just came back to give globalchick a greenie.

Somebody's got to fight for the truth and I think she's doing a pretty good job.

Banned in 5-4-3-2-1....waiting Smile
Dior
Dior

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 19:38

Thank you Katiedot the nastiness gets tiring after a while.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Sat 01 Nov 2014, 19:41

When did Amal ever say she wanted to be a fashion Icon? Amal hasn't said a word in the year she has been with George. She loves clothes she dresses well what is wrong with that. As an attorney who earns a good salary I would expect her to dress well and why not.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 01 Nov 2014, 19:50

She looks great in clothes . She wears everything well , Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 01 Nov 2014, 20:17

From Katiedot, what a sorry  excuse for a human being you must be. Ironically, this was in response to a statement Globalchick said that you thought was too mean. I would hate to see you really pissed. People must literally duck.

Other comments referring to  "low self-esteem" , "having no life", "you must be jealous",  and my personal favorite, "too much time on your hands" after just about any comment that isn't glowing. Last time I checked, it takes the exact same time to comment on a positive comment as a  negative one. Depends on the length of the comment. Duh. I don't think people on here agree to disagree. To me it gets brutal both ways. So many of you say we don't know Amal. True. You also don't know anyone on this forum. Please stop making generalizations about motives for posting.

Katiedot, when you disagree, you do it with sharpened claws, and a tone that suggests you're the final authority. You have the right to do or say anything you want because this is your forum. However, please don't be righteous when someone else says something pretty harsh. You aren't exactly the epitome of tact yourself.

I myself hate it when remarks are made about looks, especially when people I dearly love aren't much to look at. But this forum lately has gone way beyond that.

Now, I'm just going to take my jealous, low self-esteemed, unhappy, unfocused life and go back to work since I obviously have way too much time on my hands.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 01 Nov 2014, 20:47

Laughing Well said Premiere !
Atalante
Atalante

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next