George Clooney's Open House
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» George celebrating his birthday on location in Italy
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyYesterday at 22:11 by Ida

»  George filming new film in UK
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 22:08 by benex

» George Clooney e Amal Alamuddin in Francia, ecco il loro nido
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:41 by annemariew

» George and Amal speaking at the Skoll Foundation conference in Oxford today
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 03:37 by annemariew

» George in IF
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyFri 12 Apr 2024, 18:44 by party animal - not!

» Amal announces new law degree sponsorship
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyFri 05 Apr 2024, 01:51 by annemariew

» George's new project The Department - a series
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyFri 22 Mar 2024, 09:42 by annemariew

»  Back in the UK
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptyMon 11 Mar 2024, 16:38 by annemariew

» George Clooney makes the effort to show his fans that he appreciates them
Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George EmptySun 10 Mar 2024, 21:20 by carolhathaway

Our latest tweets
Free Webmaster ToolsSubmit Express

Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George

+16
premiere
Way2Old4Dis
LizzyNY
Doug Ross
/
amaretti
Sevens
Nicky80
annemarie
melbert
Donnamarie
Cece42
fava
Katiedot
Silje
party animal - not!
20 posters

Go down

Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George Empty Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George

Post by party animal - not! Fri 24 Oct 2014, 18:19

He was talking to People.com

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

party animal - not!
George Clooney fan forever!

Back to top Go down

Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George Empty Re: Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George

Post by Silje Fri 24 Oct 2014, 18:57

Interesting that Casamigos use almost the  same pic on their blog as People did.

And Rande sure was struggling with the words when he was talking about Amal. Well at least he didn't say "it was sublime".
Silje
Silje
More than a little bit enthusiastic about Clooney

Back to top Go down

Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George Empty Re: Rande explains why Amal is perfect for George

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:00

Rande Gerber Explains Why Amal Alamuddin Is 'Perfect' for George Clooney
0SHARES
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
5 Comments

subscribe
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
From left: Rande Gerber, Amal Alamuddin, Cindy Crawford and George Clooney
Andrea Merola Ansa/EPA/Landov
By Tim Nudd
@nudd
10/24/2014 AT 01:20 PM EDT
Cindy Crawford and Rande Gerber spent a raucous three days in Italy celebrating George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin's wedding. And by the end of it, they knew they were looking at a couple of soul mates.

"I've been friends with George probably half my life. And it's just great that he found someone," Gerber told PEOPLE Thursday at the opening of photographer Brian Bowen Smith's first solo show in West Hollywood.

Gerber, 52, and Crawford, 48, married since 1998, looked like a couple of newlyweds themselves as they stole kisses on their way into the show. And Gerber – longtime BFFs with Clooney, and vacation neighbors in Mexico – also expounded on why he thinks Amal is so great for George.

"She's really perfect for him," he said. "She's smart and she's beautiful, engaging. She is, again ... smart, but she doesn't make you feel stupid! She's a great girl, and together I think they can do some incredible things."

As for their own storybook romance, Gerber and Crawford said every night is date night. "I would say that is a 'public date night,' " Crawford added of their outing that evening.

And what does a regular old date night look like? Well, it often involves their son Presley, 15, and daughter Kaia, 13.

"We live in Malibu, Rande has a restaurant there, so I would say, normally, we'll just go grab a bite to eat and just have time to connect," says Crawford. "We're lucky because we have time, but our best date night is with the kids."
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:01

Ok, am I missing something here?  She's perfect for him because she's beautiful, smart and engaging?  That's it?
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:07

Have to say the Gerbers do not seem like the deepest thinkers.

Is it even a date night when it involves your kids?  I think that a date by definition does not include them.

Last edited by fava on Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:08; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:40

HM That's odd, he was interviewed when George was going with Stacey and couldn't have praised HER more, said they were great together.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:41

I will assume that Rande gave an abbreviated description of why the two of them are perfect together. Also, having heard Rande talk to the media before I don't think he's that comfortable. A bit shy. Why do you have to be a deep thinker to answer a question about their own romance? Seems like there is a lot being read into a simple question with a simple answer.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie
Possibly more Clooney than George himself

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:50

from a simple man...
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Fri 24 Oct 2014, 19:54

You can be a simple man without being simple-minded. Maybe Rande is simple like George is. That's why they get along so well and have been friends for so long.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by annemarie Fri 24 Oct 2014, 20:00

He is George's  friend why should he give too much info on their relationship he answered the question in a respectful manner.

annemarie
Over the Clooney moon

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Fri 24 Oct 2014, 21:28

Katiedot wrote:Ok, am I missing something here?  She's perfect for him because she's beautiful, smart and engaging?  That's it?

I was thinking the same thing when I read it.....bit odd...When men describe women than women are always "smart and beautiful" such a standard men talk...

I don't know why everyone referes to her as "smart and beautiful". I think because everything happened so fast that maybe even Rande doesn't know her so well. He just knows her so good like the other women George had......maybe it takes more time until People say something different....George friends need time to know her better I guess.....

Who knows...just my guess of course...
Nicky80
Nicky80
Casamigos with Mr Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sevens Sat 25 Oct 2014, 02:10

video deleted for technical reasons
Sevens
Sevens
Clooney Zen Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Oct 2014, 09:19

Technical things
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Katiedot Sat 25 Oct 2014, 15:15

Nicky80 wrote:I don't know why everyone referes to her as "smart and beautiful". I think because everything happened so fast that maybe even Rande doesn't know her so well. He just knows her so good like the other women George had......maybe it takes more time until People say something different....George friends need time to know her better I guess.....
You'll never hear of George's friends saying anything less than completely complimentary about anyone George is dating.  No matter what they may think in private, in public it's going to be all smiles.

They say she's smart and beautiful because she is.  What I don't get is that these are so general descriptions: they're not a reason why anyone would be perfect for another person. George is smart and good looking; does that make him perfect for everyone on this planet? No, there's more to it than that.
Katiedot
Katiedot
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by amaretti Sat 25 Oct 2014, 17:49

It's nice that they like her . Very Happy

amaretti
Training to be Mrs Clooney?

Back to top Go down

Post by / Sat 25 Oct 2014, 17:53

I don't think you can give another answer to that when you stand in front of the cameras. It's a bit cliché but maybe he was caught of guard or he just quickly wanted to answer the question.
But then again, I don't think George ever wanted to commit to someone who isn't the full package. She just had to be, otherwise he wouldn't have married her, I think... Smile

/
Learning to love George Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 25 Oct 2014, 18:27

I agree, E.C.
If I had been Rande, I would probably have said the same thing. I don't think i would have said something more person about her.

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sat 25 Oct 2014, 19:39

That was the most awkward interview I have ever seen, it seemed like Cindy had to actually coax him to say the word happy when asked about George and Amal.  She kept watching him like she was afraid of what he might say, the look on both their faces was almost of panic.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:21

I think no matter how they feel they'll never say anything uncomplimentary about her in public. He's their friend - she's his wife. They wouldn't want to hurt him or upset him by saying anything that would make his marriage look anything but perfect - especially so early in the game.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:21

Sheesh. Some originality wouldn't have hurt.

Okay, all you Clooney friends. Here's the party line:

"George and Amal share a worldview and outlook on life. They complement each other, instead of looking for the other one to complete them. They're compatible when they're together, and independent on their own. They're thrilled to share their happiness, and hope they can bring some good to the world through their marriage."

Any paraphrase of that will do.

If all it took was for someone to be smart and engaging, George could have married Elaine Stritch.

Way2Old4Dis
Mastering the tao of Clooney

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:30

Yes agree with you Way2old4dis....it takes only a little to make it sound different and original
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:41

Sorry W2O4D but you use too difficult words. I just don't think Rande could have memorised that. Smile
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by premiere Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:56

Way2Old4Dis wrote:
"George and Amal share a worldview and outlook on life. They complement each other, instead of looking for the other one to complete them. They're compatible when they're together, and independent on their own. They're thrilled to share their happiness, and hope they can bring some good to the world through their marriage."

If you're not a political speechwriter, you should be.
premiere
premiere
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:58

LOL! Silje is right, Way2 - I think "She's cool and we like her" is the best you'll get out of Rande.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Ross Sat 25 Oct 2014, 20:58

Silje wrote:Sorry W2O4D but you use too difficult words. I just don't think Rande could have memorised that. Smile

Mean but funny lol!lol!

Doug Ross
Ooh, Mr Clooney!

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sat 25 Oct 2014, 22:05

premiere wrote:
Way2Old4Dis wrote:

If you're not a political speechwriter, you should be.

Oh, didn't you hear? George is running for President, and when he wins, I will be his main speechwriter.

Globalchick will be his Chief of Staff, and Alisonfan is in line to be the White House Press Secretary.

Atalante is still interviewing to be the First Lady's chief aide (there was a snafu when she told a Secret Service agent to "get lost"), but it looks good.

Should be a fun 8 years.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by Atalante Sat 25 Oct 2014, 22:08

Laughing Sorry, I'm not into that kind of story at all. But hey, have fun !
Atalante
Atalante
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Sun 26 Oct 2014, 01:00

LMAO again at Way2 antics.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by melbert Sun 26 Oct 2014, 02:26

A Cindy audio interview.  She talks about the wedding, what her kids think about Amal and gives a giggle when asked why her and George never dated.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
melbert
melbert

Back to top Go down

Post by Donnamarie Sun 26 Oct 2014, 02:54

Interesting comment when asked about Amal and she relayed that they spent Christmas in Cabo last year and even her kids commented that Amal was different. I think Cindy described Amal as "substantial" compared to others he had been with.
Donnamarie
Donnamarie

Back to top Go down

Post by Cece42 Sun 26 Oct 2014, 04:37

In my opinion I think it was a rude comment for her to say that her kids said Amal was different, lets just keep knocking the ex girlfriends that her and Rande seemed to like also, and calling her substantial, what is that, another knock.

Cece42
Clooney Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Silje Sun 26 Oct 2014, 08:00

I was surprised when I heard Cindy's comment. Why couldn't she just have said that her kids liked Amal? Why did she have to compare her to  George's ex girl friends?   Her kids think Amal is different....the others were lovely (hard to hear what she is saying) and Amal is more substantial.

I agree Cece, it's a RUDE comment and totally unnecessary for her to make. And the journalists didn't lead her there. She voluntered this info.

Last edited by Silje on Sun 26 Oct 2014, 08:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Silje
Silje

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicky80 Sun 26 Oct 2014, 09:16

mmhh I think she didn't mean it in a rude way and put the other grilfriends down. I think she just wanted to highlight that Amal is "different" but didn't know better how to explain it then the way she did.

I can imagine that the other girlfriends where "substantial" too but People come accross different to People....

but yes it can come across a bit negative to others when you listen to Cindy
Nicky80
Nicky80

Back to top Go down

Post by Way2Old4Dis Sun 26 Oct 2014, 15:54

It sounds elitist when you say it out loud, but the fact of the matter is, when you compare "international law barrister" on a substantiality scale with "reality show star" or "TV host" or "model," the barrister will always win. (We'll move past the irony of this opinion being voiced by a supermodel.) Amal's profession is more substantial. There's no denying that.

Anyone who says they haven't made that judgment, think back to how many times you lamented George dating women who were "just" starlets or cocktail waitresses or whatever.

But her profession in itself does not make Amal a more substantial or better person. I think this is where the comments get lost in the translation. Which is why it's better to leave the comparisons out of it when asked about the George/Amal relationship. Just say that you like her or that she's a good fit for George, and leave the others out of it. Otherwise, it's always going to come off as a negative and snooty remark about the exes.

Way2Old4Dis

Back to top Go down

Post by LizzyNY Sun 26 Oct 2014, 16:54

I thought (aside from the "other girlfriends" remarks) that she sounded as if she was measuring her words carefully - as if she didn't want to say anything about Amal that George might object to. I wonder if they have much more than George in common.
LizzyNY
LizzyNY

Back to top Go down

Post by Missa Sun 26 Oct 2014, 18:37

Maybe she was "measuring her words carefully" because every single syllable she or Rande utters about Amal and George gets picked over and analyzed to death?  Or maybe she's sick of having to answer questions about her husband's friend's romantic pursuits when she's doing interviews to promote her own work/interests and was trying not to tell the interviewer to take a long walk off a short pier?  Or maybe what she really wanted to say was "Seriously? Again with this? Two people got married a month ago.  Let it go."
Missa
Missa
Clooney-love. And they said it wouldn't last

Back to top Go down

Post by fava Sun 26 Oct 2014, 19:03

Missa wrote:Maybe she was "measuring her words carefully" because every single syllable she or Rande utters about Amal and George gets picked over and analyzed to death?  Or maybe she's sick of having to answer questions about her husband's friend's romantic pursuits when she's doing interviews to promote her own work/interests and was trying not to tell the interviewer to take a long walk off a short pier?  Or maybe what she really wanted to say was "Seriously? Again with this? Two people got married a month ago.  Let it go."

Too true.  I felt badly for Bill Murray on his recent publicity tour because everyone asked him about the Clooney wedding.  He was trying to promote a movie, hopefully that came across!

fava

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 27 Oct 2014, 00:43

Well hell now I don't feel so bad about coming on here and reading the comments when it seems all of the fucking media wants to know TOO what's going on and what his friends think of her.

The novelty will eventually wear off and George will no longer be the "Sexiest Man Alive Who Has Vowed to Never Marry Again But Then HOT DAMN He Did" and just be some old married fart.  That's when all this hoopla will die down!
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Mon 27 Oct 2014, 14:15

LizzyNY wrote:I thought (aside from the "other girlfriends" remarks) that she sounded as if she was measuring her words carefully - as if she didn't want to say anything about Amal that George might object to. I wonder if they have much more than George in common.

Yea, she was definitely being cautious with her words, as i've noticed she is whenever they're asked about this topic. Interesting to note that they've clearly only really got to know Amal on that one Christmas holiday...but oh ya they did meet up for dinner before news of the engagement broke and they went to Santa Barbara together for Rande's birthday. 
    I think she accidentally let slip too much and it came out not sounding very nice, when she was actually just trying to find something to say. I don't think Cindy's the type to diss others, particularly when she herself is a model. Maybe from her remark "she's interesting and she's interested", we can probably conclude that some of the other girls weren't that interested in getting to know her children, and maybe Amal was interested? But then again Stacy even attended the play her daughter starred in, and Stacy was even friendly with her mom. Her "kids" - who are actually teenagers - may even simply have meant that she's different, not in a better way, but maybe her slang or the way she talks (which really sounds different to Americans), or the fact she's more Mediterranean looking, or the fact that she seemed more educated.
    I thought she liked Stacy (whether or not she thought she was right for George), though Rande liked Stacy even more Smile. And i do believe she was friends with Lisa Snowden. 

P/S: I saw Lisa a few times on Britain's Next Top Model, and she was clearly an awesome person- smart, sincere, sweet, and someone who could hold her own and be an equal with George (what's more i tend to end up resenting anybody i see on ANTM for their judgemental attitude -  Lisa was the exception). Her British accent isn't as strong as Amal's i  think.

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by LornaDoone Mon 27 Oct 2014, 20:18

Amal = right place, right time. That's all.
LornaDoone
LornaDoone

Back to top Go down

Post by mel01 Tue 28 Oct 2014, 15:58

One more piece of info that was finally cleared up from that radio interview with Cindy -- both Cindy and Rande knew George before they even met each other. I've wondered about this since they got married in 1998 (the tabs kept repeating the false story that George was at their wedding) and never found out till now Smile

mel01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down